• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Nooooo....

Ta-Nehisi Coates has deleted his Twitter account.
    Yeah. Apparently there was some drama. I didn't really read into it but you can probably Google it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Nor can I. It's really weird.
    Yeah it is. It keeps getting worse. Why do writers have to try so hard with her? It always blows up in their faces. They end up falling out of love having her act like a brat and sending her of into space. I get why bendis did what he did, he's Jewish and kitty is his entry point, I guess it's the same thing with Guggenheim. But this never ends well for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yeah. Apparently there was some drama. I didn't really read into it but you can probably Google it
    Now that is a conversation for another thread. The thought of discussing Cornell West and Ta nehisi Coates, blackness, neoliberalism, Obama, and West's pettiness would blow this whole thread up and derail it for months.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-22-2017 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think lightning is practical, easy to target, fast to deploy, highly destructive and looks pretty cool without any effort. Considering Guggenheim amazing writing skills I don't think he could used the rest of storm power appropriately

Also as she ever used an air compressed explosion? It's something like taking a huge mass of air and compress it into a very small space, like a hand, then throw and release it with explosive results and cathastrophic to her enemies
    Example from one piece

Did not end well for the big guy

Why?
    Yes she has once or twice. Her air attacks are so cool, I miss them.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Now that is a conversation for another thread. The thought of discussing Cornell West and Ta nehisi Coates, blackness, neoliberalism, Obama, and West's pettiness would blow this whole thread up and detail it for months.
    I thought west was being extremely petty. I hate that resulted in Coates closing his account.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought west was being extremely petty. I hate that resulted in Coates closing his account.
    I thought his criticisms of Obama were spot on until he went personal and those criticisms were beneath him.

I thought his criticisms of Obama were spot on until he went personal and those criticisms were beneath him.
    ehh don't won't derail. I didn't see all of the back and forth but west approach with him in expressing his opinion was wrong. it's one thing to disagree but west attacked Coates and I don't think his approach was productive in anyway.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-22-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Now that is a conversation for another thread. The thought of discussing Cornell West and Ta nehisi Coates, blackness, neoliberalism, Obama, and West's pettiness would blow this whole thread up and derail it for months.
    There's a politics forum in cbr for that, but I gravitate towards Cornell side, gonna read more by Coates tough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ehh don't won't derail. I didn't see all of the back and forth but west approach with him in expressing his opinion was wrong. it's one thing to disagree but west attacked Coates and I don't think he approach was productive in anyway.
    I agree with that completely. It was petty

Yep. I rather not discuss it here. I don't really know the details too much but I did see what led to his deletion.

There's a politics forum in cbr for that, but I gravitate towards Cornell side, gonna read more by Coates tough
    Cornell is spot on. Particularly when you're raining down 33,400 bombs a year on pooreer countries. And I don't support Empire in any shape or form or any face of US Empire which is a white supremacist imperialist militarist entity. I actually had no idea Coates was a neoliberal. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Cornell is so woke, and people in general still clinging to the establishment. Once again West will be vindicated a few years from now.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-22-2017 at 01:08 PM.

BANNED

I think lightning is practical, easy to target, fast to deploy, highly destructive and looks pretty cool without any effort. Considering Guggenheim amazing writing skills I don't think he could used the rest of storm power appropriately

Also as she ever used an air compressed explosion? It's something like taking a huge mass of air and compress it into a very small space, like a hand, then throw and release it with explosive results and cathastrophic to her enemies
    Example from one piece

Did not end well for the big guy
    Yes, there a few Good Examples, but my favorite is this:
    The Jovian Pressure Dome is a GREAT Example.
    Attachment 59819

She holds so much potential in just pressure alone, she could blow up a biotch or literally have them implode if she wanted. Her durability problem would be solved with the return of a simple pressure dome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    She holds so much potential in just pressure alone, she could blow up a biotch or literally have them implode if she wanted. Her durability problem would be solved with the return of a simple pressure dome.
    Pretty Much. All she needs to do is protect herself with Pressure Domes and she be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    so true. if i were a writer a character like storm would be so fun to write because she is so versatile with the things she can do. its a shame the thing that could be used to flex the creative muscle of writers is often times ignored.