• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I'd love to see Storm on the Ultimates, but in lieu of that, I'd love to see her make an Ultimates styled X-Men team. All the heavy hitters on one team, so no one has to be nerfed, and let them go hard, telling X-Men stories that haven't been done before. Gillen's X-Tinction team was supposed to be this, but they didn't actually do anything that impressive and then got derailed by AvX. Storm doing an Ultimates/The Authority type hard-hitting, big concept team would be a marvel to behold.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought west was being extremely petty. I hate that resulted in Coates closing his account.
    So I wounded ifandor how this may affect The Storm Solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yeah. Apparently there was some drama. I didn't really read into it but you can probably Google it
    I tried looking for his account last week but could not find it, earlier i decided to google his twitter account and that's how i found out that he deleted his twitter account.

He will definitely create a new one before the Storm ongoing solo is released,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'd love to see Storm on the Ultimates, but in lieu of that, I'd love to see her make an Ultimates styled X-Men team. All the heavy hitters on one team, so no one has to be nerfed, and let them go hard, telling X-Men stories that haven't been done before. Gillen's X-Tinction team was supposed to be this, but they didn't actually do anything that impressive and then got derailed by AvX. Storm doing an Ultimates/The Authority type hard-hitting, big concept team would be a marvel to behold.
    I think Storm would best be served by getting a solid solo that explores other aspects of her identity and gives her story elements the X-books won't/don't have the time to give her. For example, she's a goddess, so at some point she should be interacting with the African pantheons and other high tier entities. Storm has a bunch of solo potential and possible connections to the rest of the MU that should be built on. She doesn't even have to lead an X-team if the solo does well, just give her some relevance and feats under a writer who actually can create a good team dynamic.

BANNED

Her solo with no tie ins will flop in today's market. She needs to be tied into higher selling books, a part of larger marvel or X-men stories and I agree she needs a larger pan dimensional or cosmic story that allows for all of her heritage to be displayed. She needs to go on a quest to connect to Maat.

BANNED

I would love this. Storm leading a team capable of solving galactic/ dimensional threats, facing Kahn or other despots.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think Storm would best be served by getting a solid solo that explores other aspects of her identity and gives her story elements the X-books won't/don't have the time to give her. For example, she's a goddess, so at some point she should be interacting with the African pantheons and other high tier entities. Storm has a bunch of solo potential and possible connections to the rest of the MU that should be built on. She doesn't even have to lead an X-team if the solo does well, just give her some relevance and feats under a writer who actually can create a good team dynamic.
    I'd love to see a Storm solo that explored her matrilineal line and its history/mythology. Would a book about a black woman exploring her African origins sell in this market? Almost certainly not.

I think in this market, Storm will be best served(and sustained the longest) in a multicultural team book that she leads. I do wish it were otherwise, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Unless Disney-Marvel can pull a rabbit out of its hat, even the best Storm solo would be a tough sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I would love this. Storm leading a team capable of solving galactic/ dimensional threats, facing Kahn or other despots.
    They could do that too(galactic/dimensional stuff), but I'd really like to see her team more like The Authority, and do some earth stuff too, even to the extent of deposing corrupt governments. Of course Marvel would never publish such a thing, but a man can dream.

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see a Storm solo that explored her matrilineal line and its history/mythology. Would a book about a black woman exploring her African origins sell in this market? Almost certainly not.

I think in this market, Storm will be best served(and sustained the longest) in a multicultural team book that she leads. I do wish it were otherwise, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Unless Disney-Marvel can pull a rabbit out of its hat, even the best Storm solo would be a tough sell.
    It's not as though a balance can't be achieved. Wolverine, a scruffy character with a violent past now has multiple books to his name. Granted, it's a different market than it was when he got popular, but he got to that point through maintaining obvious connections to his home franchise and also developing his own corner. Storm should be able to do the same in terms of dealing with mutant threats and such, while also having arcs that show other sides of her, such as her African and magical heritage.

Leaning too heavily on one or the other will be a surefire way to fail. If she goes to heavily on her own she has no base of support, while if she gets too involved with her X-Men roots her solo will have no purpose. Her best bet is a mixture of the two, with frequent team ups across the MU.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

omg yes yes and yes to all of this!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It's not as though a balance can't be achieved. Wolverine, a scruffy character with a violent past now has multiple books to his name. Granted, it's a different market than it was when he got popular, but he got to that point through maintaining obvious connections to his home franchise and also developing his own corner. Storm should be able to do the same in terms of dealing with mutant threats and such, while also having arcs that show other sides of her, such as her African and magical heritage.

Leaning too heavily on one or the other will be a surefire way to fail. If she goes to heavily on her own she has no base of support, while if she gets too involved with her X-Men roots her solo will have no purpose. Her best bet is a mixture of the two, with frequent team ups across the MU.
    agreed and to this point this is why it's important that the stories in her solo have synergy with other group titles, hence why it would be tremendously problematic if Storm is still written by guggs (who has no business writing her) while Coates handles her in the solo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Name me one mainstream superhero solo book about a black woman that sells decently. Comparing Logan's success, a white male who loves to drink and smoke and womanize and brawl and is a ninja and solider who can heal from anything(aka the white male power fantasy), to Storm's potential trajectory, is naive at best.

All of Storm's actual, demonstrated success as a character happened in a team setting with lots of white characters around her. That is the way the market is most comfortable accessing her. Honestly I'm not sure the Coates/Bartel team can carry her(at least not without some Capt Marvel-like support from Disney-Marvel, ie, even if she fails, they'll keep trying), especially not after her stock as IP is practically at its lowest point ever given her lackluster use in the films/cartoons and the main X-Men books for most of the last two decades.

I think a hard-hitting X-Men book lead by Storm is the way to build her back up, and then if the market shows people are tuning in and are interested in Storm, then maybe you can launch her solo and delve more into her own family history and African mythology. If you try to begin from that angle, it's not going to work(look at BP and the Crew, which I thought actually was a nice showing for Storm and the other characters, but the market just was not having it).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-22-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

As for me,I am glad that Guggenheim finally realized that he had ignored Storm.But it's still a bit disappointing that he would make Storm inable to control the weather system of that alien planet.It's a undoubted fact that her ability is Ecological Empathy,which means she can creat mental link between herself and the environment she is in,controling the natural energy and elements.But I'm still looking forward to Gold 20 because guggenheim said that he will show how tough storm is.
    Besides,what about the ongoiong solo series?Is there any news?Quite a pity that Coates deleted his account.I hope he can discover Storm's power deeply.For example,the powerful life force inside her(according to Classic X-Men 20),the magical talents.I am fairly eager to see Gaea and Oshtur appear in the solo book.
    I think we Storm fans should pull together and let the writers,editors and Marvel hear our voice.Is there any means to let them know our thoughts?

Spectacular Member

Storm in Gold 18 is quite great!!As well as Bloodstorm in Blue.I finally see Bloodstorm turn into smoke to avoid attack!That's one of her amazing vampire abilities.
    But it's strange to see storm lift kologhoath into sky by hands,I remember that she can control the air and wind to move items just like Telekinesis(In her solo 2014,she use wind to save Yukio)

BANNED

Name me one mainstream superhero solo book about a black woman that sells decently. Comparing Logan's success, a white male who loves to drink and smoke and womanize and brawl and is a ninja and solider who can heal from anything(aka the white male power fantasy), to Storm's potential trajectory, is naive at best. But I would prefer a more complex team than just mutants.

All of Storm's actual, demonstrated success as a character happened in a team setting with lots of white characters around her. That is the way the market is most comfortable accessing her. Honestly I'm not sure the Coates/Bartel team can carry her(at least not without some Capt Marvel-like support from Disney-Marvel, ie, even if she fails, they'll keep trying), especially not after her stock as IP is practically at its lowest point ever given her lackluster use in the films/cartoons and the main X-Men books for most of the last two decades.

I think a hard-hitting X-Men book lead by Storm is the way to build her back up, and then if the market shows people are tuning in and are interested in Storm, then maybe you can launch her solo and delve more into her own family history and African mythology. If you try to begin from that angle, it's not going to work(look at BP and the Crew, which I thought actually was a nice showing for Storm and the other characters, but the market just was not having it).
    Your pitches are smart and simple plus it gets her out of gold. These ideas need to be run by Marvel.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-22-2017 at 09:28 PM.