10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    None of that is going to happen the X-men don't have the audience for it. There is no way.
    None of what is going to happen? Your statement doesn't seem to relate to the quote.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Come on guys, be optimistic. There's nothing wrong to be positive and there's something wrong to be negative and that includes feeling bad. So be positive because life is short.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    None of what is going to happen? Your statement doesn't seem to relate to the quote.
    It does relate to the quote. The audience that buys comicbooks is shrinking every year. The only place there is growth is with women and a couple of other demographics. None of what you suggested will translate into larger comics sales, look at wonder woman. When captain Marvel's movie comes out it won't help with sales of her book and she had cartoons, video games, and support from the mouse. Her book is still dead and will be rebooted. With wonder woman she caught the Zeitgeist and even that didn't push sales. X-fans are loyal but they lack the power they once had. There aren't enough of us to push 4 main books. The only reason gold is selling besides the fact that the masses like crap and because it's the flagship. Storm's team book would be the 6th team book on the X-men's roster. It won't be enough. Video games won't be enough, cartoons won't be enough. Unless a full court press is made to promote on screens with links and everything then her solo will fail.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-23-2017 at 12:07 AM.

BANNED

If i was only a billionaire, id buy 30,000 copies for every storm issue so that it will never get cancelled.

It does relate to the quote. The audience that buys comicbooks is shrinking every year. The only place there is growth is with women and a couple of other demographics. None of what you suggested will translate into larger comics sales, look at wonder woman. When captain Marvel's movie comes out it won't help with sales of her book and she had cartoons, video games, and support from the mouse. Her book is still dead and will be rebooted. With wonder woman she caught the Zeitgeist and even that didn't push sales. X-fans are loyal but they lack the power they once had. There aren't enough of us to push 4 main books. The only reason gold is selling besides the fact that the masses like crap and because it's the flagship. Storm's team book would be the 6th team book on the X-men's roster. It won't be enough. Video games won't be enough, cartoons won't be enough. Unless a full court press is made to promote on screens with links and everything then her solo will fail.
    So, how would her being an Avenger change that?

Blue and Gold are obviously not going to last forever. Astonishing is just a maxi series. The whole X-line will have to be revamped soon(maybe Red stays the same, who knows). I'd just have Storm's team in that revamp.

BANNED

There needs to be a new form of technological marketing that takes advantage of cell phones and texts people to buy the book.

BANNED

We need a popular black celebrity artist to promote Storm's ongoing solo. If Oprah Winfrey tweets about supporting the Storm ongoing solo, then it will sell a lot lot more,

BANNED

So, how would her being an Avenger change that?

Blue and Gold are obviously not going to last forever. Astonishing is just a maxi series. The whole X-line will have to be revamped soon(maybe Red stays the same, who knows). I'd just have Storm's team in that revamp.
    I have two different purposes in this.
    #1. Great stories
    #2. Longevity

I am more interested in number one than two because I am ok with it not lasting. Her being an Avenger and getting access to better writers, better stories is more important to me. Until these editors are gone Storm is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    We need a popular black celebrity artist to promote Storm's ongoing solo. If Oprah Winfrey tweets about supporting the Storm ongoing solo, then it will sell a lot lot more,
    Why would Oprah do that(what's in it for her)? Does Oprah even have power[social relevancy] anymore? How is her network doing? I guess we'll see what kind of star-power she still has when A Wrinkle in Time comes out.

BANNED

Why would Oprah do that(what's in it for her)? Does Oprah even have power[social relevancy] anymore? How is her network doing? I guess we'll see what kind of star-power she still has when A Wrinkle in Time comes out.
    Yes, own is popular enough that when her favorite things come out on Amazon and other places they sell out. Oprah is a beast in her own right and when she sells shit people buy it.

I have two different purposes in this.
    #1. Great stories
    #2. Longevity

I am more interested in number one than two because I am ok with it not lasting. Her being an Avenger and getting access to better writers, better stories is more important to me. Until these editors are gone Storm is screwed.
    ????

Storm was already an Avenger. And it was horrible.

Avengers #673 sold 32,207. Each issue(so two) of X-Men Blue and Gold sold more the same month. Uncanny Avengers #29 is barely in the top 100 with 23,782, just below BP's 23,784. I fail to see how the Avengers comics are doing better....

Yes, own is popular enough that when her favorite things come out on Amazon and other places they sell out. Oprah is a beast in her own right and when she sells shit people buy it.
    Ok, great. Now get her to support Storm's solo, which is not yet made.

BANNED

Ok, great. Now get her to support Storm's solo, which is not yet made.
    I have no idea.

I just checked Wonder Woman. She outsold the X-Men and Avengers team books*(individual issues) with 41,185.

BANNED

I just checked Wonder Woman. She outsold the X-Men and Avengers team books*(individual issues) with 41,185.
    Currently? Was that with the movie?