10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    There's also an upcoming Young Adult novel about Black Panther that chronicles an adventure he had when he was 12 years old. He'll be hanging out with M'Baku during the story, but I wonder if Storm will show up or be mentioned during the story...
    T'Challa is several years older than Storm; if he's 12, she should still be in Cairo and thus shouldn't be in that story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    She giving that "ooh gurl" look. loves it
    She's reflecting on the sad state of affairs things have come to in Gold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    SK should be able to permanently scramble Thor's mind, to be honest. I know that Emma Frost, for instance, has threatened to permanently scramble people's brains back when she was a villain. There's no doubt in my mind that she had the power to do it, too. Heck, if I remember correctly, I recall Emma fighting a Phalanx and throwing a mindblast at it so strong that she literally ripped its mind in half. SK is much more powerful, much more skilled, and much more experienced than Emma. That's why I think he could do this to Thor since Thor's mind can be overcome by a psychic of sufficient power.

Regarding the Eternals, collectively, I think they probably could overcome the Shadow King in psychic combat. Individually, however, no way. That said, I don't buy Loki being stronger than SK in the mind and I doubt Mephisto surpasses the SK in this regard either. On top of that, I am not aware of villains really coming at Thor the way SK would and he loses to psis weaker than SK (Moondragon, for instance).
    The fact that the Shadow King does not appear even on the Avengers or Dr. Strange's radar list should show you the overall significant Marvel editors and writers give him. Pretty much none. He'll never beat Thor, plain and simple. Moondragon is used in cosmic stories a lot, or at least used to be. Overall X-Men enemies, with some exceptions tend to be weaker than Avengers enemies who fight gods and cosmic threats. A sign that an X-Men character is meant to be a huge threat is one that appears in the Avengers books or the Asgardian books like the Phoenix.

The Shadow King is B list at best. And gets repeatedly killed by Xavier. And got defeated by Psylocke of all people. And has been defeated by Karma. He's not that powerful unless he finds a power source to boost him like Legion or Proteus. He was only able to possess Legion because he was using Lorna's negative emotion powers as a booster ,and because Legion's mind was fractured and weak due to his mental illness. He was only able to tap into Proteus's energy because Proteus had been killed.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa is several years older than Storm; if he's 12, she should still be in Cairo and thus shouldn't be in that story.
    fair point unless he met her and was unaware it was her.

She's reflecting on the sad state of affairs things have come to in Gold.
    no no no... this would be that face boo:

Attachment 60340
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Attachment 60340
    Why doesn't Marvel just hire a representative to come to our homes and slap us in the face already?

How dare you bring that image in here!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The send off letter was a lie and serves no purpose than to make a Trainwreck into something that doesn't matter. Don't you remember Scott felt like he wasn't good enough, shut down his school into Storm's. Don't forget that.

He was so depressed he left his kids and his school and said I am out. When was Storm ever written as leaving?
    Well, considering the people who should've been his support system turned their backs on him at every step, it's amazing he functioned so well for so long, and questioning himself is basically second-nature to him. This isn't an attempt to say that they owed it to him, but there wasn't an attempt at reconciliation from them (correct me if I'm wrong). Did Scott make mistakes? Yes, but if I were to judge who I'd follow if I were a mutant between Logan or Scott or Ororo, I'd follow Scott then Ororo then Logan, in that order.

and yet he was still right and none of that conversation ever mattered. he did and his message that ideas never die. you can show scan after scan of Scott being dogged by different characters but it doesn't change the fact storm was shown as incompetent and uncertain in front of those she was supposed to lead. and she saw herself as a failure. you have yet to show one of the same with Scott and you can't because they weren't shown the same as you tried to initially suggest.
    Yeah, we never got a moment during Storm's leadership post-Logan where I could just say "Yep. That's why she's leading.".

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    His message was a lie and everyone saw him as incompetent and called him on it. Storm believing she was incompetent isn't the same thing as being incompetent. Scott was portrayed as being incompetent in front of the people he led, he failed and quit because of his failure. Storm succeeded and quit over her own issues. They aren't the same thing. Storm made dumb decisions, but at the end of day Storm did her duty, Scott didn't. His ideas carry no wait, no one is following them today. No one even cared he died that much aside from Alex and Emma. So what are you talking about?
    That read to me like Marvel artificially extending the Schism past it's lifespan. What exactly did Scott fail to do? If you're referring to Bendis' run, that is one of the clearest examples of poor writing, whether you like it or not. The story dragged and ended with nothing, and there was never a clear goal or over-arching threat for Cyclops to deal with.

And that's the thing, because IvX was also a clear example of abysmal writing, when you consider Storm's goal (stop a cloud) was always within her power, and yet she was written as failing to do so for months. Heroism and diplomacy are lazy excuses for writing that resulted in Storm not even gathering and keeping the cloud in one place.

As far as I'm concerned, they both did their duties, and both were mistreated by Marvel. Why was Cyclops the only character not to be forgiven for murder-while-possessed? How could almost everyone he had ever trusted spit on his name after his death despite knowing the "truth" of his demise? Why is Storm deferring to Kitty? Why does she even need a team?

fair point unless he met her and was unaware it was her.

Attachment 60340
    Oh hell naw.. bring me the paddles and beads! This is treason, kyss and you know it!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Oh hell naw.. bring me the paddles and beads! This is treason, kyss and you know it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The fact that the Shadow King does not appear even on the Avengers or Dr. Strange's radar list should show you the overall significant Marvel editors and writers give him. Pretty much none. He'll never beat Thor, plain and simple. Moondragon is used in cosmic stories a lot, or at least used to be. Overall X-Men enemies, with some exceptions tend to be weaker than Avengers enemies who fight gods and cosmic threats. A sign that an X-Men character is meant to be a huge threat is one that appears in the Avengers books or the Asgardian books like the Phoenix.

The Shadow King is B list at best. And gets repeatedly killed by Xavier. And got defeated by Psylocke of all people. And has been defeated by Karma. He's not that powerful unless he finds a power source to boost him like Legion or Proteus. He was only able to possess Legion because he was using Lorna's negative emotion powers as a booster ,and because Legion's mind was fractured and weak due to his mental illness. He was only able to tap into Proteus's energy because Proteus had been killed.
    Your whole second paragraph is wrong. From day 1, the Shadow King was shown to be equally as powerful as Xavier, but surpassing Xavier in skill and experience. Xavier only won their first bout because SK toyed around with him after sensing his lack of experience. IF SK had been truly serious in that fight, Xavier would have been killed.

The second time they fought, he dwarfed Xavier in power and was beating him so badly on the Astral Plane that the bones in Xavier's physical body was being ground to powder. Xavier only survived that fight because Jean brought a bunch of X-Men to the Astral Plane to help him. Even then, SK would have won if the rest of the team still in the corporeal world had not shut the doorway on SK psionic nexus.

Regarding Psylocke, it was very clear that Betsy was a joke compared to the SK in terms of power. Betsy was only able to get the upper hand on SK because he ignored her. He saw her as a weakling compared to him (which she is). He then went on to control billions of minds at the same time while she stood by and watched. While all of his power was being spent doing that, she attacked his psionic nexus beneath his notice and that is how she won. She could never win in a head to head. Here are the scans of what exactly happened:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/HGuFvvbp8w8...Ewr9g3dq=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/fqGH9RaM1V3...Uqc6KGGp=s1600

Here, Psylocke and Bloody Bess acknowledge that even with their combined TP, they are no match for the SK:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ABueIBZzRVk...sfvTv_PD=s1600

Nightcrawler had some innate resistance to TP at this time.

As far as Karma beating SK, that's extremely misleading. In this instance, SK had just jumped bodies and was greatly weakened because of that. The issue stated very plainly that he would remain weak until the assimilation was completed. Here is the scan that states just this fact:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/QhkdytsOUVF...E7c_XGF2=s1600

It was while he was in this weakened state that Karma bested him.

That said, tell me which issue and title number does it say that SK is weak unless he leeches off the power of a powerful host? You made that up. He mind controlled billions of minds on his own without possessing another telepath. I have yet to see a single telepath best Shadow King unless he toys around with them (vs. Xavier) or ignores them while he expends all of his power on something else other than fighting them (vs. Psylocke).

BANNED

Here, Shadow King in clear in Washington DC when he is mind controlling Colossus. The King is occupying a host body who is not a telepath at all. That means anything the SK does, he does without the boost of another telepath's power added to his own since he is not possessing a TP:

Even from a long distance away, look at the hard time he gives Xavier:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/o5QWurT6HJl...uVhAJzNV=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/d7hcySreIT-...86AAKEr-=s1600

Notice that Xavier stated this is the most powerful he has even seen SK...and this is when SK is attacking from a great distance. SK is in DC while Xavier and the X-Men are on Muir Island. Also, notice that his host body is near death and that woman is helping to keep his host body alive. So, no, SK's power is not being boosted by him possessing another psi. More, Xavier stated this is the most powerful he has ever seen SK (previously, he and SK were equal in power, but this story shows that SK had surpassed him. Claremont stated once that his plan after this story was to have SK replace Magneto as the X-Men's quintessential villain), and this is when SK is, again attacking from across the ocean while being hosted in a dying host body that has no super powers of its own.

Here is SK in his host body in Washington DC when the the whole Colossus thing is going on:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/UsF4ZafhQrF...QTDJCKP9=s1600

Later in this story he would go on to CREAM Xavier in the Astral Plane. I mean he totally wrecked Xavier:
    Last edited by rutog98; 01-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why doesn't Marvel just hire a representative to come to our homes and slap us in the face already?
    they did when they put guggs over gold and put storm in the book.

How dare you bring that image in here!?

I'm literally screaming. lmfao lolol the face is hilarious to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

Yeah, we never got a moment during Storm's leadership post-Logan where I could just say "Yep. That's why she's leading.".
    thank you

awww come on guys. the face is horrific just like gold. that's why I picked it. and yall gotta admit the face is pretty hilarious.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

She was having one hell of a stroke thats for sure..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

She was having one hell of a stroke thats for sure..
    everytime i see that face i scream and now I have y'all responses to make it even funnier for me lolol.

I hope you guys still love me :

everytime i see that face i scream and now I have y'all responses to make it even funnier for me lolol.

I hope you guys still love me :

Those who post images from Pak's #3, for whatever reason, must be destroyed, lest the infection spread....