10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If they are popular enough, they can get turned into ongoings.

The example I remember was Hudlins BP.
    That makes sense, but I'm wonder more if some are created to purposefully see if they could handle a solo through it's sales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Not always, but Storm's Worlds Apart series was made to determine this, as I recall Chris Yost posting on these very forums and mentioned this when the series was about to come out. It didn't do well enough, and many people attribute it to being a half measure due to them changing the title from "Storm" to "X-men"(which is origially what it was going to be), along with some of the sales figures being screwed up in the first and second issue(IIRC). We were still thrown a bone a few years later, but we know how that all turned out. The early issues did sell better than all of the ones in WAP, so there is likely some truth to that criticism.
    Oh okay that's good to know about WAP, I've just got someone telling me Carol consistently sells better than Storm by pointed to her mini series (though they didn't mention WAP) and that mini sieries are created to see if she could handle a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She really is almost perfect. That's the aesthetic they need to be going for in casting her: tall, cheekbones for days, almond eyes, enrapturing walk/presence. A cross between her look mixed with a bit of Iman's regal voice is just about perfection, other than I think Ororo is a bit more athletic and voluptuous than your typical toothpick supermodel.
    Agree 100%
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Between her and Tyra, Tyra was more forgiving. So Tyra deserves to be Storm.
    Not with that forehead of hers...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Not with that forehead of hers...
    Storm's tiara would hide that sir...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That and Halle's "Made in Taiwan" wig
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-06-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She was redundant and that's why she was changed, that's why she remained changed and she is known through all media as the psychic ninja girl and that's how she'll stay..
    I disagree on all your points, but this is Storm's thread so I'll just say Psylocke is like some Rachel Dolezal shit, and if anyone in mainstream consciousness (besides comic nerds) actually considered seriously what is going on there, Marvel would be flooded with SJW's, protests, and sanctions from China and Japan until they rectified Jim Lee's twisted fantasy from 28 years ago.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Between her and Tyra, Tyra was more forgiving. So Tyra deserves to be Storm.
    Tyra is too spastic, and basic, to be Storm. Naomi with a touch of Iman is Storm perfection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That and Halle's "Made in Taiwan" wig
    Rofl!

10Char

BANNED

Tyra is too spastic, and basic, to be Storm. Naomi with a touch of Iman is Storm perfection.
    Storm is a hero. And the feud between Tyra and Naomi started with Naomi. Tyra was the one who tried to fix the issue.

Naomi is the one thinking she's better and more popular than Tyra. She was saying not good things to Tyra.

Tyra is the good/better person between the two of them.

Storm is a hero. And the feud between Tyra and Naomi started with Naomi. Tyra was the one who tried to fix the issue.

Naomi is the one thinking she's better and more popular than Tyra. She was saying not good things to Tyra.

Tyra is the good/better person between the two of them.
    Naomi is the fiercest model to ever walk a runway. Tyra wishes she had ever been half the model Naomi continues to be.

I wouldn't cast either them as Storm because they are models not actresses, but in terms of physical looks, Naomi is serving almost perfect Storm realness.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Praise Icthultu. Maybe if we throw in that chant from X-men Evo :African Storm we could actually get the REAL Storm to show up in X-books
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    With Gold ending, I hope they do a major cast shakeup. Meaning, Storm leaves GuggenKat.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey yall I just wanted to know if yall liked or hated pak's run!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What’s this???? Gold and Blue is ending????

ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    His warpath is giving me life right now.
    You enjoying weapon X? Is there a thread that talks about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm not sure.
    They won't bring back British Psylocke. She was changed because the original Psylocke was redundant. Xavier was a powerful telepath, Jean Grey a telepath/telekinetic and quite frankly Betsy Braddock had nothing to offer. She was too similar to Emma Frost on top of that. So they made her a ninja to differentiate her. The current woman called Psylocke was made in the lab by Spiral, who mixed and matched DNA from Kwannon and Betsy Braddock, and also reprogrammed their minds. By now Psylocke (Asian ninja made in the lab) has been around for much longer than the British version. We won't ever see a British version again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    I always loved her mo-hawk. Storm's such a bad-ass.
    Fellow Storm fans, if you havent voted yet, please vote for Storm here: http://community.comicbookresources....ll-of-Comicdom

One vote is all we need from each of you, thank you in advance!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Praise Icthultu. Maybe if we throw in that chant from X-men Evo :African Storm we could actually get the REAL Storm to show up in X-books
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    With Gold ending, I hope they do a major cast shakeup. Meaning, Storm leaves GuggenKat.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey yall I just wanted to know if yall liked or hated pak's run!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What’s this???? Gold and Blue is ending????

ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    His warpath is giving me life right now.
    You enjoying weapon X? Is there a thread that talks about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm not sure.
    They won't bring back British Psylocke. She was changed because the original Psylocke was redundant. Xavier was a powerful telepath, Jean Grey a telepath/telekinetic and quite frankly Betsy Braddock had nothing to offer. She was too similar to Emma Frost on top of that. So they made her a ninja to differentiate her. The current woman called Psylocke was made in the lab by Spiral, who mixed and matched DNA from Kwannon and Betsy Braddock, and also reprogrammed their minds. By now Psylocke (Asian ninja made in the lab) has been around for much longer than the British version. We won't ever see a British version again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    I always loved her mo-hawk. Storm's such a bad-ass.
    Naomi the fiercest model to ever walk a runway. Tyra wishes she had ever been half the model Naomi continues to be.

I wouldn't cast either them as Storm because they are models not actresses, but in terms of physical looks, Naomi is serving almost perfect Storm realness.
    I disagree but both are beautiful and more beautiful than Angela.

BANNED

Sorry for the multiquotes. Too lazy to delete the unrelated posts cos im on my cp.

Mighty Member

I disagree but both are beautiful and more beautiful than Angela.
    You really got to stop this misogynoir dude...If you dont keep Angela Basset name out your mouth...

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4e176606...f78ho1_500.gif

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4195dbc5...rtyro2_500.gif

BANNED

Arrow

Naomi the fiercest model to ever walk a runway. Tyra wishes she had ever been half the model Naomi continues to be.

A young Iman, if she could act would rock as Storm. And Iman wouldn’t have to fake an accent.

Storm’s mother’s family if from Kenya. Many Kenyans and some Somali speak Swahili.