• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I wouldn't cast Naomi as Storm in a film. She just serves up Storm's aesthetic the best out of mainstream pop cultural icons. However, MCU casting directors, keep her in mind when looking for the next actress to play the character.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Thank you love, it's funny I feel so old being here, my choices are based on acting ability, presence and overall look. Naomi is gorgeous and does for a more modern aesthetic but she's not the strongest actor. She's not horrible but Storm deserves the best.
    On that my friend, you will never find an argument from me!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Damn, as much as I hate to interrupt the postings of these beautiful women I have a question. Is X-Men: To Serve and Protect canon? Where Storm turns out to be worthy to wield Mjolnir. Then second, why in the world did Guggenheim have to write it?

yes it was canon. and it still was ambiguous if she was worthy as thors hand never left the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This was literally a post on tumblr that someone noticed from Naomi's Golden Globe outfit last night and it has over 200 notes! So we're not alone haha

OK, ok now I'm really done for good now lol
    just spectacular!!! I love that image of storm and I love how Naomi is serving storm from the gg awards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, it's like they came for everyone's favorites but Storm, so they are ALL mad.
    right. I was like wtf does storm have to do with your faves getting dragged through the mud.

I wouldn't cast Naomi as Storm in a film. She just serves up Storm's aesthetic the best out of mainstream pop cultural icons. However, MCU casting directors, keep her in mind when looking for the next actress to play the character.
    agreed
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thank you love, it's funny I feel so old being here, my choices are based on acting ability, presence and overall look. Naomi is gorgeous and does for a more modern aesthetic but she's not the strongest actor. She's not horrible but Storm deserves the best.
    I don't think any of the women not even your chose iman would be the strongest actor for storm. I thought it was understood people were posting women who looked the part.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't think any of the women not even your chose iman would be the strongest actor for storm. I thought it was understood people were posting women who looked the part.
    That's true but I was looking at acting ability and both Iman and Grace are better than Naomi.

BANNED

WHAT?????!!!! Guggenhiem wrote: To Serve and Protect Issue #3 where Storm lifts Thor's Hammer??

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!
    Attachment 60438

That's true but I was looking at acting ability and both Iman and Grace are better than Naomi.
    Well if you are looking at acting skills Grace would beat them all. Naomi would beat them all in terms of aesthetic and mirroring Storms look. Now i realize one could argue Grace embodies Storms aesthetic as well and though I would agree I still prefer Naomi than Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    WHAT?????!!!! Guggenhiem wrote: To Serve and Protect Issue #3 where Storm lifts Thor's Hammer??

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!
    Attachment 60438
    it's still shotty if he did because they didn't show storm lifting it by herself. thors hands being there takes away from the showing imo.

If you look at it sideways, Conan the Destroyer was like a Kulan Gath X-Men story with Colossus, Storm, and their merry friends.

If you look at it sideways, Conan the Destroyer was like a Kulan Gath X-Men story with Colossus, Storm, and their merry friends.

[IMG]http://solarey.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Grace-Jones-00.jpg[

Arnold used to be such a hottie. Grace also liked her men beefy. she had great taste in men:

yes it was canon. and it still was ambiguous if she was worthy as thors hand never left the hammer.
    Okay, I was told it was in the amalgam universe (don't know what that is) and that it isn't canon, wanted clarification since this was a random guy on the internet.

I get that, I just think it sways more towards her being worthy because it specifically gives a panel showing the inscription as a reminder and Thor is surprised as the hammer is being lifted (she also had a smirk on her face).

Anyone with eyes can see.

Anyways, did you see how they all mad Storm wasn't listed in that CBR article about overrated X-Men? They mad over there...

Do you have a link?

Edit: Nvm found it lol wow.
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 01-08-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Okay, I was told it was in the amalgam universe (don't know what that is) and that it isn't canon, wanted clarification since this was a random guy on the internet.

I get that, I just think it sways more towards her being worthy because it specifically gives a panel showing the inscription as a reminder and Thor is surprised as the hammer is being lifted (she also had a smirk on her face).
    it's very much canon my friend.

to your point i think you can argue those things but the fact his hand was present just calls into question that point. that's why I wasn't per say impressed with it.

BANNED

Arnold used to be such a hottie. Grace also liked her men beefy. she had great taste in men:

Her story about the twins is legendary. She's the original goddess.

The Amalgam universe was the short-lived combination of Marvel and DC that spun out of Marvel vs DC in 1996. Ororo was orphaned in a shipwreck caused by Poseidon and was found on Themyscira, became Wonder Woman over Diana, for example.

This Thor story is 616, it occurs while Storm is Queen of Wakanda and references the Art Adams/Chris Claremont Asgardian epic where Loki tried to seduce Ororo to becoming his Goddess of Thunder(while she was powerless) by offering her her own uru hammer. Thor brings it to her in Wakanda and she ends up using his hammer to destroy hers(as it was corrupting). I don't really find the story to be that great, as Thor is still holding the hammer, but it's not that bad either. Might be Guggenheim's best Storm story, but that isn't saying much.

Here's the link to that other thread I was referring to http://community.comicbookresources....aracterization