• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think coates could write her with another elemental and giver storm her due. I think he would do this primarily because he is taking the goddess angle with the character. but I agree primarily with many writers her versatility wouldn't be shown with other elemental present. in fact she she's in a team currently with no elementals and she is still shown as lightning lass.
    Because she's too powerful to be on an xmen teambook.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    That literally makes no sense. They have similar back stories in that they are both raised in similar parts of Africa, they are both black and mutants. She hated herself for being one Storm loves her gifts. Your fears make no sense and I hope she gets some play in her solo if for no other reason than to show you that elementals can both shine in one book without Storm being downplayed.
    Oya is a Christian Nigerian, Storm grew up in Cairo and then the Great Rift Valley in Kenya. I'm sorry, but that is not similar. Personally I've never thought much of Oya(the 5 lights character, the orisha is great, and she could come to Storm's solo all day).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm actually got a cute little story in Todays Gold annual. It wasn't written by Guggenheim but it was cute and short. Good to see her being appreciated still by the public too. I liked it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

1. I loved the scene where she created multiple tornadoes in X2:

2. When her emotions actually reflected the change in weather in X3 (my fav moment):

Actually, to be honest those first two Scenes from X-Men Fox movies are really good. They actually showed how Versatile Storm REALLY is. And how much of a threat she really can be. Her personality was a hit and miss for me tho.

I'm sorry, the X2 scene is bullshit. She didn't stop the planes from shooting the X-Jet down, and both she and Jean were helpless to stop themselves from crashing(only Magneto randomly being there saved them).

The X3 scene with the clouds was the closest they got to showing her emotional connection to the weather, but, eh, I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm sorry, the X2 scene is bullshit. She didn't stop the planes from shooting the X-Jet down, and both she and Jean were helpless to stop themselves from crashing(only Magneto randomly being there saved them).

The X3 scene with the clouds was the closest they got to showing her emotional connection to the weather, but, eh, I need more.
    agreed! Those tornadoes were USELESS. There's no way those planes should have remained in the air at all. Now one could say she was just trying to scare them as not to hurt them but I still call BS. Even in X-Men Evolution shes attacked from inside a plane with spot on results. God these movies irk the HELL out of me! And we can't forget the MULTIPLE occasions Storm and Jean both have supported the X-jet with their own power.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Storm actually got a cute little story in Todays Gold annual. It wasn't written by Guggenheim but it was cute and short. Good to see her being appreciated still by the public too. I liked it.
    I have tears in my eyes, that was the cutest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I have tears in my eyes, that was the cutest thing ever.
    It was. But we are also horribly deprived so I think any Storm centered story would have most of us in tears lol.

It was. But we are also horribly deprived so I think any Storm centered story would have most of us in tears lol.
    Lol true, it did feel very nice to see some love for her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

do you mind posting the moment? I don't plan on reading the issue for just a panel or two of storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Actually, to be honest those first two Scenes from X-Men Fox movies are really good. They actually showed how Versatile Storm REALLY is. And how much of a threat she really can be. Her personality was a hit and miss for me tho.
    it did show how versatile she was but other than being visually stunning it did more to show how ineffective she was at destroying a couple of airplanes. overall I thought the movies missed the mark big time as it relates to storm.

oh yea the movies were trash and left for so much more desired. the scene with her emotions warping the weather was about the only thing done right with her character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm's powers overlaps Oya's. There is literally nothing Oya's power brings to the table when Storm is present. This will result in Storm's powers being downplayed in the area where their powers overlap to prop up Oya's. This is what happened with Storm and Iceman. Given their powersets, Storm should be able to create colder temperatures than Iceman can. Storm actually has the powerset to be able to create an absolute zero while Iceman does not. However, Marvel gave Bobby the ability to create the absolute zero (which makes no sense with his powerset) while Storm has yet to pull this off. Make no mistake, this was all done to prop up Bobby to give his power a niche to fill on the team. Oya's powers bears great similarities to Bobby's (while having their differences as well, of course), so it would stand to logic Storm would be held back for Oya as well. I'm tired of this crap happening to my favorite character and I'm through with her sharing rosters with other elementals.
    Minor problem with this idea Iceman got that feat during his solo when Storm and him weren't on the same team. So your argument isn't based on anything other than Storm didn't get to do it so it's a detriment to her while Bobby did. Bobby wasn't propped up, he wasn't on a team. Storm wasn't taken down, they weren't working together, not every instance if an elemental being awesome should be seen as a slight against her.

Man, that annual was a trainwreck(who thought making Brian a dumping ground for every hipster hairstyle was a good idea?). And the Storm backup story felt like a very half-asses attempt to throw Storm fans a bone. I suppose it's something, but after all this mess in Gold, they will have to try much harder than that!

Man, that annual was a trainwreck(who thought making Brian a dumping ground for every hipster hairstyle was a good idea?). And the Storm backup story felt like a very half-asses attempt to throw Storm fans a bone. I suppose it's something, but after all this mess in Gold, they will have to try much harder than that!
    True. It did. But like I said as well, we are so deprived I still liked it lol.

True. It did. But like I said as well, we are so deprived I still liked it lol.

BANNED

agreed! Those tornadoes were USELESS. There's no way those planes should have remained in the air at all. Now one could say she was just trying to scare them as not to hurt them but I still call BS. Even in X-Men Evolution shes attacked from inside a plane with spot on results. God these movies irk the HELL out of me! And we can't forget the MULTIPLE occasions Storm and Jean both have supported the X-jet with their own power.
    True. The tornadoes were useless. Storm should have used lightning to hit the planes.