10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    So Kitty and Colossus are going to have the wedding of the century. The disrespect to Storm and BP.
    They love to rewrite black hero's legacies

So Kitty and Colossus are going to have the wedding of the century. The disrespect to Storm and BP.
    Storm's Wedding after hearing about this new travesty : She was beautiful, but she wasnt me.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Why not just be happy for the characters? Every single thing isn't race motivated.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Why not just be happy for the characters? Every single thing isn't race motivated.
    Because it was done so poorly. Develop a love story, show them at their best and worst and make a compelling case as to why they should be together and how that relationship helps the franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I read #20. It was terrible. So much so that I wrote the following email to Marvel:

OK Marvel,

You win. After nearly 25 years of of being a (fairly) loyal customer, I am finally done buying X-Men comics. It may not sound like much to you, but for anyone who knows me; this is a very big deal.

When I was 10, my family moved from the city to a suburb. Again, that may not sound like a big deal, but for this black kid who was suddenly surrounded by people who not only looked different, but some of whom went out of their way to make sure I knew I actually was different, it was a very big deal. To help me adjust, my father introduced me to his comic books. They were mainly issues of Thor, but in his collection was one X-Men comic. Immediately I fell in love. The idea of this misfit team of mutants fighting for acceptance resonated with me. Not only that, but this book had a black character, (someone who looked like me!), and she was in charge! Powerful, beautiful, compassionate, reading Storm took my breath away. So much so, I found the local comic book store, and over time grew to have a pretty impressive collection of X-Men comics, both old and new. Though I didn't get it then, this team helped adjust and grow, as well as drove home the point that I could rise above any heckling, taunts and jokes and show a better way of how to deal with racism.

That's why the X-Men are import to me and why I've been buying the book for over 2 decades. As to why I am quitting, I just finished X-Men Gold # 20 and like all of the issues before it, it was awful. Congratulations. You've managed to take a book with 4 of my favorite characters, (Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler), and make me hate it. Nothing about this book is working.

Kitty is not working as the leader, at least not the way she's being written. She is leading a team of senior X-Men who have YEARS of experience working together. She shouldn't have to dictate their every move. Oh, and by the way, how about you stop having characters tell me she's a good leader and let the character SHOW me she's a good leader? I can draw my own conclusions.

Hey, you amped up Rachel's powers! Great, now she’ll do...absolutely nothing. What was the point?

Storm, my all-time favorite character, has been reduced to a shell of her former self. Gold # 20 was supposed to have a big moment for her. Did I join Storm in the one the naps she always seems to be taking in this book and miss it? Was it when her powers didn’t work for absolutely no reason? Or maybe it was after a killing a beast she decided to take nap during a sandstorm, but of course only after wondering what the all mighty Wolverine thinks of her? No, I know – it had to have been when Wolverine mansplained her powers to her! It all about willpower, he explained to Storm. Storm, who was once described as having an indomitable will. This is the same Storm who will is strong enough to resist a Xavier level telepath, but now she needs Wolverine to tell her to exert her will? You recognize how ridiculous that is, I hope.

I tried to endure this book, but I just can't any longer. Before I left, However, I did want to express my gratitude for how the X-Men helped me when I need it, and my sorrow that at what the X-Men are today.
    You have lifted such a burden off my heart. I couldn't possibly keep my composure long enough to write the X-office a letter that isn't laced with profanity. That wouldn't be good for anyone. So I thank you for writing this because I feel like part of my soul was poured into this letter. You are one of the shining examples of why black girls are magic!
    I won't let fear of retaliation stop me from voicing my opinion. Besides, this IS the worst Storm I've seen. She has never been so weak in her entire history. She is unrecognizable.
    Speak on it. You and I love Storm. It's so awesome to be around people that can be lovingly critical of her and her portrayals. Never change, Stormrocks, never change.
    You know what could have been cool? If the planet was sentient and considered Ororo a parasite trying to take it over. When she tried to use her powers, and intelligence activly resisted her and she felt it's pain. The planet could have sent that beast to stop her like our bodies sends white blood cells to fight infections. And even after the she and the planet come to an understanding via Ink's telepathy and Ororo's unique connection to the elements, that she is not a parasite and simply wants to get off world, the plant explains that the beast will keep coming. It's an involuntary reaction to their presence that it can't control, (much like we wouldn't be able to stop our bodies from fighting an infection.) That could have explained why her powers didn't work and then it could have truly been a battle of wills AND ethics as Ororo decides if she has the right to exert her will over another living creature to save herself and her friends, especially when she knew using her powers caused the planet pain.

Instead, we got this putrid bull ****.
    To echo a poster above me, this is a brilliant idea. This approach would have given Guggenheim's story credibility by the bus loads. It's taking everything in me not to call him all the names in the book. Ugh... I'm in my bag right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Coates: "I believe in you Storm..." *transcends* Tchalla
    Gugg: "I believe in you Storm." *generates lightning.* Old Man Logan

Storm: "I only need one man to believe in me."

Me: "Well, there you go."
    Where's the lie? *crickets*

BANNED

Lol so are we not supposed to see her kissing Gambit around the same time as "Date Night" for what it is? The disrespect to their relationship is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Yes, they do. Storm and Bishop are both prime examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Storm's Wedding after hearing about this new travesty : She was beautiful, but she wasnt me.
    Yes. Yes, to infinity. The messages that are ever present in X-men Gold are very anti-Storm and black people. There is something to be said, and a messaged to be interpreted when your only black character is written to be incompetent and utterly lost, without direction from a white male power fantasy. We are right back in the game of demonizing or rejecting black dick to the elevation of a white one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Lol oh boy... What has the X-office given Storm fans or fans of other black mutants? What do we have to be happy about? Where do we turn to see positive portrayals of heroes that actually look like us? Answer that question and then try and convince someone else that the things that plague the fictional black people in the pages of X-men comics aren't racially motivated. Not everyone here has your privilege to overlook the bevy of proof.

Oh lawd BB .. why you slinging all the teasssssssss
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    F*** Black Panther. He's an ass. I never liked him with Storm.
    Honestly I never liked them together either but right now I will take Storm and Black Panther together so much more than the Storm we are getting in the X-Men. It's just terrible.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, regarding both the email I sent and my idea on how issue # 20 could have been better. I really appreciate it!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I won't let fear of retaliation stop me from voicing my opinion. Besides, this IS the worst Storm I've seen. She has never been so weak in her entire history. She is unrecognizable.
    you've done done the right thing by calling them out for the poor treatment of her. and completely agree. if it were not for Coates version we fans would really be in a bad place. who would have thought Storm would be written better outside the Xline franchise. thankful that she is but said the type if respect and consideration for the character isn't being driven by the xoffices.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its been a year since IVX. Why is she STILL in such a depressing no confidence funk?
    because having a strong, confident, and self-motivated storm would completely overshadow guggs efforts in making kitty this bad ass character who is exceptionalin everything that she touches. in Black Panther and the Crew she experienced a little bit of this but was quickly out of it and interacting the way we know her to.

You know what could have been cool? If the planet was sentient and considered Ororo a parasite trying to take it over. When she tried to use her powers, and intelligence activly resisted her and she felt it's pain. The planet could have sent that beast to stop her like our bodies sends white blood cells to fight infections. And even after the she and the planet come to an understanding via Ink's telepathy and Ororo's unique connection to the elements, that she is not a parasite and simply wants to get off world, the plant explains that the beast will keep coming. It's an involuntary reaction to their presence that it can't control, (much like we wouldn't be able to stop our bodies from fighting an infection.) That could have explained why her powers didn't work and then it could have truly been a battle of wills AND ethics as Ororo decides if she has the right to exert her will over another living creature to save herself and her friends, especially when she knew using her powers caused the planet pain.

Instead, we got this putrid bull ****.
    yes im still baffled as to why her powers worked on the previous planet but not on the one in issue 20.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Coates: "I believe in you Storm..." *transcends* Tchalla
    Gugg: "I believe in you Storm." *generates lightning.* Old Man Logan

Storm: "I only need one man to believe in me."

Me: "Well, there you go."
    hahaha. tchalla believes in her and she becomes a goddess under Coates.
    old man troll believes in her she morphs into lightning lass. I'm so so good in any more stories from this guy with storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    F*** Black Panther. He's an ass. I never liked him with Storm.
    hey no need to talk trash about tchalla especially seeing he apologized for all that he did and he has been supporting her to believe in herself and abilities which most recently resulted in her becoming the Hadari Yao, the preserver of all natural things, a goddess in both name and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Grief does stuff but Storm is a spiritual person that is connected to the entire universe. It's dumb to not see her using her tools to work through this stuff.
    exactly this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Honestly I never liked them together either but right now I will take Storm and Black Panther together so much more than the Storm we are getting in the X-Men. It's just terrible.
    have you been reading blsck panther and black panther and the Crew. if you didn't like them together I think Coates depiction of the two will change your mind.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol so are we not supposed to see her kissing Gambit around the same time as "Date Night" for what it is? The disrespect to their relationship is real.

Yes, they do. Storm and Bishop are both prime examples.

Yes. Yes, to infinity. The messages that are ever present in X-men Gold are very anti-Storm and black people. There is something to be said, and a messaged to be interpreted when your only black character is written to be incompetent and utterly lost, without direction from a white male power fantasy. We are right back in the game of demonizing or rejecting black dick to the elevation of a white one.

Lol oh boy... What has the X-office given Storm fans or fans of other black mutants? What do we have to be happy about? Where do we turn to see positive portrayals of heroes that actually look like us? Answer that question and then try and convince someone else that the things that plague the fictional black people in the pages of X-men comics aren't racially motivated. Not everyone here has your privilege to overlook the bevy of proof.
    wow BB!!!

welcome back.

I love how everyone is either being burned of is getting hurt by the Phoenix flames except Ororo. As much heat and fire power she channels through her with lightning it has been about time she becomes immune to fire as well. at any rate, I'm sure she won't do anything of importance in this issue but the cover looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I love how everyone is either being burned of is getting hurt by the Phoenix flames except Ororo. As much heat and fire power she channels through her with lightning it has been about time she becomes immune to fire as well. at any rate, I'm sure she won't do anything of importance in this issue but the cover looks cool.
    Shouldn't Storm still burn? Obviously she would be immune to her own lightning since she is generating it herself, but being immune to flames doesn't make sense.

Shouldn't Storm still burn? Obviously she would be immune to her own lightning since she is generating it herself, but being immune to flames doesn't make sense.
    We had this discussion before several, several pages back. Fire can reach temperatures of 1,100 Fahrenheit and lightning can reach temperatures of 53,540 degrees Fahrenheit. It makes no sense to me that lightning (which she is totally immune to despite if she makes it or not) can't burn her but fire does. Especially when we also consider that direct exposure to radiation from the sun doesn't burn her either.