• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I doubt it. Maybe she could with a water or air elemental, but not a fire or earth one.

This made me realize that an earth elemental would make a great villain for Storm. They would be a really challenging enemy as her powers would struggle against them so she'd have to think creatively.
    An earth elemental would be completely defenseless against Ororo. To be honest, there is not an elemental powerset you can throw up against Ororo that she can't overcome. Where the long range powerhouse abilities are concerned, elemental and telepathy are two of the worst powersets that can be pitted against her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Comparing Hydroman to Iceman is giving him way too much credit lol. Most of the things he does with water I'm sure Storm can do to a degree (except turn into water) as moisture is a fundamental part of weather unlike fire or earth. Her affinity with water and air is much stronger than earth and fire, with earth being her weakest.
    I highly doubt she could wrestle control away from a powerful fire elemental, but she wouldn't need to as she has many other ways to face them.
    how is it way too much? I haven't said hydroman is as powerful as him however, the level of control hydroman has over water, such as creating sentient duplicates, is similar to what iceman has done. And storm has never done any of those things with water that I've posted, and there isn't any proof from canon that she could (though it would be cool if she did and she should be able to most of them based upon her powerset). So based upon that he does have a far greater control over water than she does. Moreover, you have to keep in mind her powers allows her to manipulate the forces and energy patterns patterns that result in weather phenomenon, which would include fire.

That said, I do agree she is much more proficient with air and water but based upon the mechanics of her powers she should very well be able to control fire, just as she should be able to do some of those hydroman feats, even though she doesn't have those showings in 616. lastly I agree with your last point 100%. but even though she could do other things doesn't mean she couldn't, she is the mistress of elements.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-20-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

A) I know that, that's why I said in a previous post that she has many other ways to tackle fire. This conversation is about her directly controlling it away from a fire elemental which I believe she can't do.

B) A powerful Earth elemental would be able to control more than "just dirt". Gems, metallic ore, mountains, sand and other things would be within their control.
    She can knock any of those things back with her winds while frying the earth elemental attacking her. Then she also has her internal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    nice find!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    She can knock any of those things back with her winds while frying the earth elemental attacking her. Then she also has her internal attacks.
    I'm not saying they're throwing these things at her, I'm saying that these and more would within their control. The powerlevel I'm think of is them being able to throw mountains at her and cause volcanic eruptions like none other. Not just being able to throw rock lol
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how is it way too much? I haven't said hydroman is as powerful as him however, the level of control such as creating sentient duplicates iceman has done. And storm has never done any of those things with water that I've posted, and there isn't any proof from canon that she could (though it would be cool if she did and she should be able to most of them based upon her powerset). So based upon that he does have a far greater control over water than she does. Moreover, you have to keep in mind her powers allows her to manipulate the forces and energy patterns patterns that result in weather phenomenon, which would include fire.

That said, I do agree she is much more proficient with air and water but based upon the mechanics of her powers she should very well be able to control fire, just as she should be able to do some of those hydroman feats, even though she doesn't have those showings in 616. lastly I agree with your last point 100%. but even though she could do other things doesn't mean she couldn't, she is the mistress of elements.
    It's inconclusive either way, that's why I say "I think" or "I doubt" as it's not definite either way. She may be "mistress of the elements" but I still doubt she'd be able to wrestle control away from a powerful fire elemental (she might be able to do it with someone on Pyro's level or something).

It's inconclusive either way, that's why I say "I think" or "I doubt" as it's not definite either way. She may be "mistress of the elements" but I still doubt she'd be able to wrestle control away from a powerful fire elemental (she might be able to do it with someone on Pyro's level or something).
    ok. explain to this to me. what makes energy related to fire different from the energies she has manipulated related to electrical power, electro-magnetic fields, solar winds (radiation), supercharged plasma, air/gases, and water? Is it solely she doesn't have any showings with fire like she does with these other elements? Why would fire be something she would have difficulty with where she hasn't with these other forms of energies?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-20-2018 at 01:34 PM.

.. can we at least get her to make fire once.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I agree completely, plus Hydroman could hardly measure up to Storm when it comes to intelligence or willpower, two things I believe are key to maintaining control over one’s element(s).
    To be fair, neither can Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok. explain to this to me. what makes energy related to fire different from the energies she has manipulated related to electrical power, electro-magnetic fields, solar winds (radiation), supercharged plasma, air/gases, and water? Is it solely she doesn't have any showings with fire like she does with these other elements? Why would fire be something she would have difficulty with where she hasn't with these other forms of energies?
    Who knows? All I know is that her relationship with that particular element is spotty at best. It could be as simple as her not being as attuned to it compared to the others for reasons or some other reason.
    All I know is that her history has shown her having some immunity to it, but not to the same strength as others. Based on this I doubt she could wrestle control away from a powerful fire elemental.

Who knows? All I know is that her relationship with that particular element is spotty at best. It could be as simple as her not being as attuned to it compared to the others for reasons or some other reason.
    All I know is that her history has shown her having some immunity to it, but not to the same strength as others. Based on this I doubt she could wrestle control away from a powerful fire elemental.
    I do wonder if she could male it cool enough to touch...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    I can with this look.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

But in your analysis of her being unable to do anything against a fire elemental are you considering how her powers are stated to function. Yes I agree to everyhring you have said I don't think she has any direct showings with fire other than when she redirected Idie's fire but energy is energy in terms of her perception of the things around her and those energies won't change simply because it's fire. All in all, everything we are both are saying is speculative as she doesn't have any fire showings outside of Idie; however, based upon Claremont's description of her powers a sound argument could be made she can control fire and seeing she has taken control over the energies and powers of Trion in their own dimension it shouldn't be inconceivable that she could wrestle control over a high level fire elemental.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-20-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Storm battling an Earth elemental would be interesting depending on how powerful s/he would be.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!