10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If you could give Storm a Secondary Mutation what would it be?

For me: Pheromones. Perfect fit for her powers.
    Controlling plants to fit her mother nature theme.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm more in favor her powers graduating to a level where she create other planetary atmospheric effects within the earths environment but so skilled that she can protect the earth or repair the negative side effects. Like generate the 900mph winds of Neptune on earth but developed her mastery of the elements to the level that there are no adverse effects. I think there is so much more exploration to do with her base elemental abilities, but would be another creative avenue to explore.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel really needs to sort it's solo's. None of them are lasting as long as they should, even an award winning one like Vision's did poorly. I hope the situation changes soon.
    yea I'm not sure but I just think it's s combination of lack of interest in the characters and stories people don't care to read. I loved storms solo at the time but looking back it wasn't anything exceptional about the stories that stood out or even mattered in the greater context of the mu. it read like a greatest hit book looking to capitalise off of nostalgia aa opposed to new and innovative ones that made it obvious why she needed a solo. i would think with the little gems we have seen from coates would be eniugh to harber interest in the book but based upon his sales of bp&c and bp im not so sure anymore.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This is the direction I can see Coates starting off with Storm for the solo series. The "betrayer" faces off with the Gods who believed she betrayed them. Like her connection with the people and instilling//elevating the faith in the higher power was diminished when she "abandoned" that role in favor of Xavier's dream. That could make for an awesome story. Good opportunity to explore her matrilineal heritage and re-test her metal against divine elemental power.
    He might just do it. T’Challa thinks Storm is an actual Goddess. He thinks that because she he’s seen gods with his own eyes

This is the direction I can see Coates starting off with Storm for the solo series. The "betrayer" faces off with the Gods who believed she betrayed them. Like her connection with the people and instilling//elevating the faith in the higher power was diminished when she "abandoned" that role in favor of Xavier's dream. That could make for an awesome story. Good opportunity to explore her matrilineal heritage and re-test her metal against divine elemental power.
    I'm more in favor her powers graduating to a level where she create other planetary atmospheric effects within the earths environment but so skilled that she can protect the earth or repair the negative side effects. Like generate the 900mph winds of Neptune on earth but developed her mastery of the elements to the level that there are no adverse effects. I think there is so much more exploration to do with her base elemental abilities, but would be another creative avenue to explore.
    agreed this would all be cool too!

i dont necessarily want to see a secondary mutation because i believe there is so much of her current powerset yet to be explored. for me i would love to see her explore further aspects of her abilities to manipulate energies and forces of nature she has yet to explore, such as gravitational forces and rf energy and other forms of energy at different wavelengths. additionally, i would love to see her play with aspects of turning into pure energy akin to how she almost did during roguestorm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I’m just waiting for them to tell us Storm has been the Bright Lady the entire time and didn’t know it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i dont necessarily want to see a secondary mutation because i believe there is so much of her current powerset yet to be explored. for me i would love to see her explore further aspects of her abilities to manipulate energies and forces of nature she has yet to explore, such as gravitational forces and rf energy and other forms of energy at different wavelengths. additionally, i would love to see her play with aspects of turning into pure energy akin to how she almost did during roguestorm.
    My feelings too. Like with heat - she created the heatwave explosion, which as a consequence did cause a fire in 1 or 2 panels in that issue of XX-Men, so why not her her repeat it and up the anti? Like after the fire is created use her control over air to rapidly feed and expand the fire & then create her own set of fire-nadoes to unleash on an opponent. And I think, even if they do it indirectly via her control over EM forces, that since she has confirmed on panel that she can sense the gravitation pull of the moon on the planet she coud under how to leverage in a creative way for combat (redirect an attack, cut-off the gravity around a target, etc). We just have....really uninspired handlers for the X-Men.

Before we get into the secondary mutation tea, can we all agree she needs to get back her ability to talk to plants? Amen? AMEN!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

My feelings too. Like with heat - she created the heatwave explosion, which as a consequence did cause a fire in 1 or 2 panels in that issue of XX-Men, so why not her her repeat it and up the anti? Like after the fire is created use her control over air to rapidly feed and expand the fire & then create her own set of fire-nadoes to unleash on an opponent. And I think, even if they do it indirectly via her control over EM forces, that since she has confirmed on panel that she can sense the gravitation pull of the moon on the planet she coud under how to leverage in a creative way for combat (redirect an attack, cut-off the gravity around a target, etc). We just have....really uninspired handlers for the X-Men.
    i like this but my question is this? What's stopping her from crearing fire direcrtly? Per wikipedia, fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion. She should be able to this with her abilities to manipulate gases. she can go the indirect manner exciting the molecules to a point to where the vegetation ignites, but i think she should be able to do it directly slso. and yess to the gravity portion. i completely forgot about the scan where she mentioned she could sense the gravitational pull.

these writers are complete and utter trash specifically guggs.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Before we get into the secondary mutation tea, can we all agree she needs to get back her ability to talk to plants? Amen? AMEN!
    Amen!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-22-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Longevity/healing factor tied to elemental abilities

or

limited biological manipulation : she can control increase healing, hair growth, bone density, control over nervous system etc , temp increase in speed, strength and agility or temp control others bodies thru touch, maybe do the same thing with plants

BANNED

poor all the salt u want baby

within the world of mu yes being queen was very important. she wasn't the queen of flies, she was queen of the most technologically advanced country in the world. and with that, as Xavier noted, had great potential to help mutant/human relations but that wasn't something that was earnestly explored. there was so much potential the marriage had but as soon as hudlin was gone instead of writers building on that potential they wrote to tear it down and it was done so horribly it still causes friction between the two fandoms today. and in a book titled Black Panther I wouldn't expect storm to get more shine than the title character but to say she wasn't important isn't correct. She lobbied for shuri to the queen mother to take the black panther mantle while tchalla recovered after being attacked by doom, she saved Tchalla's life and went to hell and fought death to do so. she was a head of state who fought tireless for wakandans and mutants on a global scale. yes execution could have been much better but her role was important. and she wasnt background, that's what her role has been in the xbooks primarily since her return. it was a supporting role. if the book was titled Black Panther and storm you would have a better argument but that wasn't the case .

I think most readers or fans of storm during that time would agree.
    Of course she was backgrounds even when hudlin was there. Reed mattered more not more shine equal. Iris West on the flash says we are the flash. The minute they got married she should have been his equal. That was never the plan. Being a global leader didn't do anything for her except for dumb fights with supposed allies and enemies. Besides helping war orphans what else did being queen accomplish? What global policy did she initiate? What treaties or trade agreements did she pass? Besides being silent or secondary nothing really happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Yes! I would like to see this return and expanded on. It is an underestimated ability. Being able to sense the life force (or lack there of) and condition of her environment is another layer to her "extra-sensory" abilities that could be leverage to keep stories fresh, interesting and, in its own way, nostalgic.

i like this but my question is this? What's stopping her from crearing fire direcrtly? Per wikipedia, fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion. She should be able to this with her abilities to manipulate gases. she can go the indirect manner exciting the molecules to a point to where the vegetation ignites, but i think she should be able to do it directly slso. and yess to the gravity portion. i completely forgot about the scan where she mentioned she could sense the gravitational pull.

these writers are complete and utter trash specifically guggs.

Amen!!
    I think it should be possible. Her degree of control and skill is refined enough to make a plausible presentation on panel for manifesting plasma in all it's forms..... BUT....A BIG part of me feels like - do we NEED that for Storm?

I mean her control over the elemental forces that governs the conditions of the atmosphere is so vast we have a LOT to explore without giving her control over another element (though I am not opposed to that) when she has a strong core 6-8 earthly forces still in need of development. PLUS....

I would think Marvel would want to keep Storm as....STORM - QUEEN B of WEATHER! I think too much deviation from that can also feel like a take away from what is a core building block for her appeal. Like I would love to see her set the atmosphere on fire in a fight as a form of attack an opponent would not expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Longevity/healing factor tied to elemental abilities

or

limited biological manipulation : she can control increase healing, hair growth, bone density, control over nervous system etc , temp increase in speed, strength and agility or temp control others bodies thru touch, maybe do the same thing with plants
    This would be an awesome direction to take her power development.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Of course she was backgrounds even when hudlin was there. Reed mattered more not more shine equal. Iris West on the flash says we are the flash. The minute they got married she should have been his equal. That was never the plan. Being a global leader didn't do anything for her except for dumb fights with supposed allies and enemies. Besides helping war orphans what else did being queen accomplish? What global policy did she initiate? What treaties or trade agreements did she pass? Besides being silent or secondary nothing really happened there?
    This would be a good aspect of her history to revisit/develop. Her reign as queen was, overall, underwhelming because she wasn't given the opportunity to use that role to make significant change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    you and i both know that wakanda has an isolationist view when it comes to the world. they in fact are are holding the cure to cancer so to expect global initiatives from wakanda isnt realistic. their primary goal was to be a symbol of good will between humans and mutants:

she primarily worked to better wakanda and their people as would be expected and during the time tchalla was hurt and in between Shuri becoming the new black panther storm ruled:

however, she worked with the ff4 to obtain an embassy in the usa snd she fought to stop super human registration:

and even with her obligation as queen she still managed to fight along with the xmen at times. that said, ive acknowledged there was a lot of potential that wasnt explored. however, she wasn't solely wallpaper as you are trying to insist and she hasn't done anything within the larger MU ie main crossover events since the marriage ended. she has been lightning lass, taking a back seat to white kings of tge xmen wolverine and cyclops, and she would finally find her way back leadership role only after sleeping with wolverine. her main inspiration logan later died (who btw didn't even think of her in his last moments) and she lost all the little backbone she had. they rounded everything off with her being beat by a cloud and now she is the help taking orders from kitty of all characters. now tell me what significant thing she has done since being back with the xmen as promised to the people who despised the marriage?

Yes! I would like to see this return and expanded on. It is an underestimated ability. Being able to sense the life force (or lack there of) and condition of her environment is another layer to her "extra-sensory" abilities that could be leverage to keep stories fresh, interesting and, in its own way, nostalgic.

I think it should be possible. Her degree of control and skill is refined enough to make a plausible presentation on panel for manifesting plasma in all it's forms..... BUT....A BIG part of me feels like - do we NEED that for Storm?

I mean her control over the elemental forces that governs the conditions of the atmosphere is so vast we have a LOT to explore without giving her control over another element (though I am not opposed to that) when she has a strong core 6-8 earthly forces still in need of development. PLUS....

I would think Marvel would want to keep Storm as....STORM - QUEEN B of WEATHER! I think too much deviation from that can also feel like a take away from what is a core building block for her appeal. Like I would love to see her set the atmosphere on fire in a fight as a form of attack an opponent would not expect.
    yea i dont see marvel deviating from the queen b of weather but my concern with this approach is that the readers through the writers lsck of understsnding begin to limit her to solely weather which is not what claremont established her powers to be. i wouldnt want her to become like an iceman or human torch but just as she csn create ice, she should be able create flames, or even move rock (which pak explored in her solo) as all of it falls within the elemental spectrum and contain energy, which she can perceive and control. now i think rock would be harder and should be harder for her to control as the energy levels within rock are s lot lower thsn gss but the principles should still apply.

but all in all i agree. she doesnt need it but she she gain more awareness to know if lets say a fire elemental is about to blast her she could redirect it or something like that
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-23-2018 at 01:31 AM.

I want her control over electrical energy to be explored honestly. Manipulating the human nervous system to enhance her speed and reflexes, control other's thoughts etc.