• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no ive been thinking.. i was like maybe they go with the shadow king route but he was recently in astonishing and that wouldn't be exciting. i think tchalla became a god or something near it during priest run. maybe that villian vomes back but i dont recall which one.
    I HOPE it’s not the Shadow King so sick of him. I’m still thinking myself who else. Hmmm a powerful Marvel Foe that you can summon. That’s a clue think about that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mutant X Bloodstorm was quite different from Bunn's. And Mutant X's Bloodstorm wasn't always sunproof.
    Really? So Bunn's Bloodstorm is more powerful then.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mutant X Bloodstorm was quite different from Bunn's. And Mutant X's Bloodstorm wasn't always sunproof.
    How so? Different origins aside, isnt he writing her functionally the same?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I tweeted mr Bunn before and he said his Bloodstorm is not Bloodstorm of Mutant X.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I tweeted mr Bunn before and he said his Bloodstorm is not Bloodstorm of Mutant X.
    That doesnt answer my question

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Surprised no one has versed them yet.

Who would win in a battle: 616 Storm vs. BloodStorm?

I mean at first glance I would think BloodStorm, BUT.....I don't know if she can actually do all of what 616 Storm can do. Please help fellow Storm fans!!
    616 Storm should dominate Bloodstorm in a fight.

I think it would be an interesting fight. While she is capable with her powers she has never been shown to have the level of control, raw power, and strength of will as 616 Storm. A battle of elements will see 616 dominating in good fight. Her vampiric abilities won't really help with against 616 Ororo, except for close quarter combat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

I think it would be an interesting fight. While she is capable with her powers she has never been shown to have the level of control, raw power, and strength of will as 616 Storm. A battle of elements will see 616 dominating in good fight. Her vampiric abilities won't really help with against 616 Ororo, except for close quarter combat.
    Here's what I'd like to know: Ororo's immunity to cold, climate, lightning, temperature variations, air friction, etc. is dependent on her bond with the life force with the universe around her. Fracture that bond, and she can then be harmed by the elements. Bloodstorm is technically dead, therefore, how does this affect her unity with life itself? If it is fractured because of her undead nature, then Storm should be able to hurt her with the elements. It would also weaken Bloodstorm's control over the forces on top of her not having the feats to compete with 616 Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

But Bloodstorm should be immune to the weather effects that Storm would unleash on her. I think if Storm were to win this fight it would be with her brain and being strategic, not raw power

BANNED

But Bloodstorm should be immune to the weather effects that Storm would unleash on her. I think if Storm were to win this fight it would be with her brain and being strategic, not raw power
    Even if Bloodstorm is immune to weather effects, Storm could still use her internal attacks to assault the electrical impulses in her nervous system. Bloodstorm doesn't have the feats of raw power and fine-tune skill to come anywhere near 616 Storm, meaning she would not be strong enough to override 616 Storm's internal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Even if Bloodstorm is immune to weather effects, Storm could still use her internal attacks to assault the electrical impulses in her nervous system. Bloodstorm doesn't have the feats of raw power and fine-tune skill to come anywhere near 616 Storm, meaning she would not be strong enough to override 616 Storm's internal attacks.
    when/where has Storm done that?

I mean, Bunn is obviously riding Mutant X's coattails, so functionally his Bloodstorm is superficially similar(down to the outfit and character design), but their origins point to their key difference. Bunn's Ororo was a street thief in her late teens, she had black hair, when she was turned(mimicking X-Men Apocalypse's Storm). Mutant X Bloodstorm was already a grown woman, and an experienced superhero(classical Claremont Storm), when Dracula attacked her. That alone makes them quite distinct.

Bunn's Bloodstorm killed her X-Men. Mutant X's Bloodstorm ran away from her X-Men. Her Kitty came to save/kill her, only to be turned by Ororo instead. Mutant X Bloodstorm had a castle with Kitty as her progeny and Forge as her living blood bank. She was a boss. Even against the very inspired alternatives of Mutant X, she stood out and got focused issues and arcs.

She went on to be featured in Alex Ross's Paradise X. Quite possibly got cured of her vampirism by an alternate Ororo's blood infusion. Mutant X Bloodstorm is sweet. One of the best alternate Storms, for sure. Bunn's has only scratched the surface so far. She's a teen and she's still underdeveloped in terms of her powers(I can't remember her using her thrall or vermin control powers yet, let alone any impressive weather effects), let alone her personality.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

internal attacks:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm has a number of internal attack feats. It's certainly within her capacity(see her inner ear attack on BP, and her neural synaptic attack on Sinister for examples).

That said, Bloodstorm would have all those same capacities within her(and even amplified. If Bunn's version is following Mutant X's, her elemental powers are actually amped due to her increased strength and endurance as a vampire) as well, and if those pressure or electrical attacks could hurt her, her increased reaction time/super speed/meta-morphing powers/super strength/healing factor would give her an edge in countering(let alone her powers just automatically adjusting for them unconsciously). Besides, we can't even compare Storm at her Claremontian best; this would be a contest between modern Guggenheim Storm and Bunn Bloodstorm.

No contest, Bloodstorm wins.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Thanks for the info and scans!

Here's what I'd like to know: Ororo's immunity to cold, climate, lightning, temperature variations, air friction, etc. is dependent on her bond with the life force with the universe around her. Fracture that bond, and she can then be harmed by the elements. Bloodstorm is technically dead, therefore, how does this affect her unity with life itself? If it is fractured because of her undead nature, then Storm should be able to hurt her with the elements. It would also weaken Bloodstorm's control over the forces on top of her not having the feats to compete with 616 Ororo.
    Maybe. I do think Storm would need to out strategize her but having superior skill and power puts the ball in Storm's court, and makes this an uphill battle for Bloodstorm.

She is a low level superhuman but can still be KO'd by getting thunderclapped through a wall, clocked unconcious by concussive lightning bolt, having her mist form trapped in a thousand droplet of hyper frozen rain, or get more creative her control over EM forces and start sending out blasts of concentrated force blast of EM energy, or test her metal vs cosmic weather forces.

It's an interesting question. Her weather powers are supposed to be amplified by her vampiric nature but we'v never seen how her vampiric state has effected her bond with the earth (i.e. would earth reject her due to her unnattural state).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.