10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm has a number of internal attack feats. It's certainly within her capacity(see her inner ear attack on BP, and her neural synaptic attack on Sinister for examples).

That said, Bloodstorm would have all those same capacities within her(and even amplified. If Bunn's version is following Mutant X's, her elemental powers are actually amped due to her increased strength and endurance as a vampire) as well, and if those pressure or electrical attacks could hurt her, her increased reaction time/super speed/meta-morphing powers/super strength/healing factor would give her an edge in countering(let alone her powers just automatically adjusting for them unconsciously). Besides, we can't even compare Storm at her Claremontian best; this would be a contest between modern Guggenheim Storm and Bunn Bloodstorm.

No contest, Bloodstorm wins.
    I almost tempted to add Beast to that. Wasn't there a panel where we see him grabbing the sides of his head?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I almost tempted to add Beast to that. Wasn't there a panel where we see him grabbing the sides of his head?
    I think she made Beast hot one time in her solo, but that wasn't exactly an internal attack. There are more examples, I just used those two.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think she made Beast hot one time in her solo, but that wasn't exactly an internal attack. There are more examples, I just used those two.
    This is the one I was thinking about...

Like what is causing him to grab the sides of his head like BP did?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

beat me to it i was just about to post. i remember this but didnt think she was attacking internally until you mentioned it. but does look like it from his gesturing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    beat me to it i was just about to post. i remember this but didnt think she was attacking internally until you mentioned it. but does look like it from his gesturing.
    It's the only thing that makes sense. Physically she can't really hurt beast, didn't use lightning, no wind blast to slam him like Nehzo and Karma......

all evidence points to another internal attack example for us.

BANNED

Eventhough Bloodstorm's elemental powers were supposedly boosted by the vampirism, she doesn't have any feats to support that claim Marvel made about her powers. If she is written outmuscling 616 Ororo's control over the elements in a battle between the two, it would be PIS against Ororo since, again, Bloodstorm hasn't displayed anywhere near the power levels our Storm has in her history.

It's the only thing that makes sense. Physically she can't really hurt beast, didn't use lightning, no wind blast to slam him like Nehzo and Karma......

all evidence points to another internal attack example for us.
    im totally for it. this is the type of stuff i want to see explored more when she is fighting hand to hand. spinning him around with wind wouldnt cause that reaction so i completely agree.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Eventhough Bloodstorm's elemental powers were supposedly boosted by the vampirism, she doesn't have any feats to support that claim Marvel made about her powers. If she is written outmuscling 616 Ororo's control over the elements in a battle between the two, it would be PIS against Ororo since, again, Bloodstorm hasn't displayed anywhere near the power levels our Storm has in her history.
    She's only been around for less than a year and hasnt been put in situations where the limits of her powers have been tested. We dont know how much power she actually yields at this point

i dont know much about bloodstorm (just as a disclaimer) but jist because she has the potential to do all of what storm can do doesn't mean she has ghe awareness to do it. it took many years before she started to apply jer powers differently than what she commonly did. so unless there is evidence from mutant x canon i would say that she wouldnt even know to do such an attack such as internally manipulation of the elements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's only been around for less than a year and hasnt been put in situations where the limits of her powers have been tested. We dont know how much power she actually yields at this point
    True, but until she displays power feats above what Ororo has done in the past, any contest between the two where our Ororo loses is null and void. Given the way Bunn writes Storm, I seriously doubt he sees Bloodstorm in a powerclass where she can defeat the sum of all matter/life/energy for an entire reality's past/present/future. I seriously doubt Bunn sees her as being able to harness the full power of a galactic core or even control cosmic forces. I don't buy that Bunn sees her able to do global elemental feats, or even feats on a hemipshere or continental scale. I also doubt Bunn sees her as being able to do the internal feats Storm does.

Bunn writes Ororo very, very weak. Heck, given how he scaled down Storm's fine-tune control over the elements so that Valkyrie could get the win over her, I would imagine that he sees Bloodstorm's control in the same vein as he badly wrote 616 Ororo. Our Storm, on the other hand, had the fine tune control over her powers to best Val. over the skies of NYC without harming the city itself from day 1 of her existence when she destroyed a sentinel in the skies above the city. The hurricane she created was strong enough to level the city, but she focused it so that only the sentinel got hurt. I doubt Bloodstorm has that kind of control because Bunn is writing her.

Bloodstorm doesn't have the benefit of writers like Claremont, Davis, and Yost under her belt...
    Last edited by rutog98; 01-23-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Yeah I don't think Marvel would take that route. BloodStorm's main method to fighting Storm is to make a close quarters fight where her vamp stats give her the edge. In Mutant X (even though the current Bloodstorm alt in 616 isn't from the Mutant X verse). Up close she could dominate since Mutant X Bloodstorm had no issue with holding her own in a fight vs vamp Gambit, is skilled at leveraging her mist form and combining that with her vamp speed to get in a bite on Ororo.

But 616 is too skilled and so much more fleshed out. an't think of a case where vamp Ororo will come out on top without a plot benefit.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-23-2018 at 10:50 PM.

BANNED

Then there is also one more thing to consider: Storm's willpower plays a role in her power levels since her powers are limited by her will and body. 616 Storm's willpower seems to have no upper limits.

BANNED

I think Bloodstorm is more of like Storm with less morale.

It could be his reaction to the change in pressure like BP's, since wind is caused by changes in pressure maybe she made a dramatic change.

Storm is finally Storm in an X-Men book again! Not a whole lot but we got glimpses of a leader and she got to speak up