• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I loved her in TAS but at times she came off too rigid. Outside of her bland personality I thought the tone of her voice and power was nice but as Chaos stated she most definitely shouldn't be stuck there as she is nowhere near as impressive as 616.
    But you have to consider that everyone else in xmen tas are less powerful than their comic versions.

BANNED

I loved her in TAS but at times she came off too rigid. Outside of her bland personality I thought the tone of her voice and power was nice but as Chaos stated she most definitely shouldn't be stuck there as she is nowhere near as impressive as 616.
    Rigid how? She was no where near as rigid as Scott was. She loved nature was sarcastic, read everyone. I loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Does anyone not like the way Storm was portrayed power wise in the 90s Xmen cartoon. That is my only real interaction with Storm besides with BP. In that show I remember her being mostly weather control. But I haven't seen it in a long time. lol
    One always loves the chants. If TAS had evolution's art style i would SANG
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

The speeches were what made Storm adorable,

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Rigid how? She was no where near as rigid as Scott was. She loved nature was sarcastic, read everyone. I loved her.
    There was an episode where Rogue was trying to get Storm to cut loose, where she explained to her that she can't give in to her emotions because it directly affects the weather. Sauron would later hypnotize her and remove all of her inhibitions where she kinda went Roguestorm. The episode was meant, I believe, to explain why she came off so rigid and composed all the time.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I just read X-men Red and this is the way Storm should have been written the past few years. Jean's proactive stance on mutantkind is a voice that Storm has sorely been lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just read X-men Red and this is the way Storm should have been written the past few years. Jean's proactive stance on mutantkind is a voice that Storm has sorely been lacking
    I was just telling a friend this. And let's not even talk about her looking to T'challa for help. I mean like seriously? This is all good for Jean and she very much deserves the development but this also is just a further reminder of how bad and poorly they have written Storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I was just telling a friend this. And let's not even talk about her looking to T'challa for help. I mean like seriously? This is all good for Jean and she very much deserves the development but this also is just a further reminder of how bad and poorly they have written Storm.
    I was GAGGING!!!! Like really?! She went to T'Challa?! What a slap in the face to Storm fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I was GAGGING!!!! Like really?! She went to T'Challa?! What a slap in the face to Storm fans.
    It would have been nice if the writer had mentioned Ororo asked that I reach out to you but this woman, just asked him like they have been friends forever. When did that happen??
    And yes it very much is a slap in the face to Storm fans.

Just saw Gold. Storm took another nap

Talking to T'Challa immeditaly made me think of Storm. I wish she were in that title. It would have made sense to have her there as a liason to Wakanda given her ties
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-07-2018 at 01:34 PM.

It would have been nice if the writer had mentioned Ororo asked that I reach out to you but this woman, just asked him like they have been friends forever. When did that happen??
    And yes it very much is a slap in the face to Storm fans.
    I am LIVID!!!!!

Just saw Gold. Storm took another nap

Talking to T'Challa immeditaly made me think of Storm. I wish she were in that title
    YASSSSS... somebody treat this b*tch for her narcolepsy . This is her 3rd issue taking a nap???

Talking to T'Challa immeditaly made me think of Storm. I wish she were in that title
    I don't necessarily wish Storm was in this title. I think Jean really deserves this treatment as she has been gone for far too long. However, it makes me made because Ororo should have been doing this well before now, like back during Schism. Instead they had her taking a back seat to Cyclops and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I am LIVID!!!!!
    Talk to me.... why are you livid?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about what kind of powers and abilities they want Storm to have. None of that sh!t matters. All you're going to end up with is an uber-powerful Storm that no one wants to write because they'll have to keep topping the feats they did last story arc to appease an increasingly rabid fan base. And in the process, she will become a caricature of herself(See Wolverine for proof).

I get it, we want a badass Storm doing awesome stuff. I'm a comic fan. I want to see cool stuff too. But let's not Dragon Ball Z Storm. I'm sure I'm in a minority of one when I say this but I don't want an omega, cosmic, magic, telekinetic, invulnerable, immortal Storm with a healing factor that will let her regenerate from a glob of saliva.

I do want a powerful Storm but not to the point where she starts to look like a mary sue. And I'll say it again. Don't let her series read like a Vertigo title. It won't last long.

Okay, I know what's coming my way so I'm ready......
    You're the voice of reason. Some fans... it's like they don't get why Storm had such a wide appeal back in the Claremont days. She had weaknesses, hell, she got de-powered for years. Sure, the cool design and powers helped, so did the over the top lines and postures, but it was mostly about her strength of character and humanity, especially in dire circumstances.

And yes, being too powerful in too many domains is limiting from a storytelling perspective. People already constantly bring up past feats to explain why Storm should easily overcome any given difficulty. And I've been guilty of that too, because I like consistency. But you really don't need to add new powers on top of that.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 02-07-2018 at 01:57 PM.

I don't necessarily wish Storm was in this title. I think Jean really deserves this treatment as she has been gone for far too long. However, it makes me made because Ororo should have been doing this well before now, like back during Schism. Instead they had her taking a back seat to Cyclops and Wolverine.

Talk to me.... why are you livid?
    Because they don't care about us and I'm sick of it.