BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Seemed funny enough to share

Hahaha. Nice one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Trungles did a Storm (and a Jubilee)

https://twitter.com/Trungles/status/961466518088413185
    This is pretty. I really love the hair and fabric blowing in the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my sentiments exactly. red is a slap in the face to storm and her fans simple as that.
    It's a really big slap in the face to Storm fans. Why hasn't Storm pulled Gentle on to a team of hers since Worlds Apart ended? She told him he'd always have a home with her. Not with the X-Men, with her. I'm so irked that Jean gets to flesh out a relationship with Nehzno, Namor and T'Challa all whom have legitimate ties to Storm already. And this storyline makes too much fucking sense for a Storm led series following her return to the X-men after the marriage. All of a sudden this makes for a good story angle for Jean Grey and not the Queen of Wakanda and leader of the X-Men? I'm seriously irritated at the ridiculousness of it all.
    Seemed funny enough to share

Lmao I love it. That's exactly how I feel right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yeah, I won't be supporting that book. If Marvel can do this to Storm and the book sells well, then they will always hold Storm back for Jean. Again, giving Jean this mission made no sense whatsoever. Not only does Storm have the years of experience to make her the most logical choice (she's led the X-Men since the 80s, she convinced the UN to give her X-Treme X-Men team authority, she's been queen of a nation, thus she has loads to ties to various heads of states...and lets just face it: every king around has wanted her to be soulmate be it Arkon, Dr. Doom, Khan (who ruled a multidimensional empire), T'challa, so obviously they see the regalness of her persona), but the team Jean has is what Storm needs. Ororo needs a team with about two old friends like Nightcrawler and Gambit and then characters like Namor, Gentle, and Trinary whose powers don't overlap with hers (I'm hoping Trinary's powers are different from Ororo's) so she doesn't get scaled back to give their abilities a niche to fill. The Wolverine-style characters can go to Gold with Jean as I don't care for ripoffs. Maybe a reformed Sabertooth can take their spot on the lineup.
    I have to agree with you here. I cannot support this book on merit. It very well may be written beautifully but this premise makes too much sense from a Storm solo premise that I can't help but feel jaded at the realization. I'm just all the more hopeful that Coates can really deliver on her solo. He already managed to write the type of story that I've always wanted of BP using Storm as his trump card. He and team #BlackPanther are all I've had to enjoy about Storm in these recent months. It's a really sad state of events.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I already voted but im ok with Jean leading the poll.

BANNED

I love Jean. So I will support it. Plus it's also the only place I will ever read an amazing Kurt.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

It's a really big slap in the face to Storm fans. Why hasn't Storm pulled Gentle on to a team of hers since Worlds Apart ended? She told him he'd always have a home with her. Not with the X-Men, with her. I'm so irked that Jean gets to flesh out a relationship with Nehzno, Namor and T'Challa all whom have legitimate ties to Storm already. And this storyline makes too much fucking sense for a Storm led series following her return to the X-men after the marriage. All of a sudden this makes for a good story angle for Jean Grey and not the Queen of Wakanda and leader of the X-Men? I'm seriously irritated at the ridiculousness of it all.

I have to agree with you here. I cannot support this book on merit. It very well may be written beautifully but this premise makes too much sense from a Storm solo premise that I can't help but feel jaded at the realization. I'm just all the more hopeful that Coates can really deliver on her solo. He already managed to write the type of story that I've always wanted of BP using Storm as his trump card. He and team #BlackPanther are all I've had to enjoy about Storm in these recent months. It's a really sad state of events.

agreed and agreed. I can't and won't be supporting the title based upon all the things you said. I still can't believe they would have her talk to tchalla of all people but they want show storm even talk to him in the xbooks but have her kissing all over gambit. like how much trolling can the xoffices do?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

agreed and agreed. I can't and won't be supporting the title based upon all the things you said
    Lmfao Kyss I am just so relieved that the X-office is house full of proven liars. I honestly don't get how this type of story wasn't plausible a few years ago. Why was the Queen of Wakanda given her own international team of mutants? Why didn't hest create a team all her own? She had all the resources at her disposal. Forgive me, but I swear I was having a variation on this same conversation about a month ago? It must be because T'Challa and Wakanda are about to be the new IN thing. I'm annoyed, but I honestly can't say I didn't see this coming. That would make me a liar.

I think it's Nezhno because after Bloodstorm there isn't another alternate dimension Storm to use. Then when they were deciding what black character to put on the team they realised they didnt have any and went deep into the files? lol

BANNED

I think it's Nezhno because after Bloodstorm there isn't another alternate dimension Storm to use. Then when they were deciding what black character to put on the team they realised they didnt have any and went deep into the files? lol
    It's Nehzno because his narrative will always run counter to Wakanda being the most advanced society in the MU. He will always be tied to Wakanda and Wakanda to T'Challa. Like Kyss pointed out they won't show Storm and T'Challa supporting one another within the pages of the X-Men comics. Hell, they won't even confirm who Kymera's father is. Petty asses...

BANNED

Lmfao Kyss I am just so relieved that the X-office is house full of proven liars. I honestly don't get how this type of story wasn't plausible a few years ago. Why was the Queen of Wakanda given her own international team of mutants? Why didn't hest create a team all her own? She had all the resources at her disposal. Forgive me, but I swear I was having a variation on this same conversation about a month ago? It must be because T'Challa and Wakanda are about to be the new IN thing. I'm annoyed, but I honestly can't say I didn't see this coming. That would make me a liar.

1) I hadn't thought of the idea of Storm having an international team of mutants while she was Queen of Wakanda. That would have been great! Claremont could have written the book while she was married to T'challa and she could be doing what Jean is doing now.

2) @Everyone: I hate to say, 'I told you so,' but remember when many of you Storm fans were excited back in December and throughout January about Phoenix Ressurection and X-Men Red? I told you back then that when Jean came back, things were going to be bad for Storm as Marvel would try and prop up Jean. Now, you see what's going on. They are trying to make Jean the new Storm while keeping Storm scaled back because Jean can't compete with a well-written Storm when it comes to the broader fanbase. Storm, when handled even halfway decently, has always been more popular than Jean Grey. Much more so. However, Marvel has a problem with Storm being the most popular female Marvel character, so they want to try and offer Jean in her place. This Storm-esque move from Jean makes no logical sense whatsoever. The fact is, the only thing Jean had going for her was the whole "I can host the Phoenix Force and only a few people alive can claim the same" until it was retconned to anybody being able to host the PF, but Jean is simply its best host. All the other stuff about Jean's character (love triangles, evil clones, kids from alternate futures, evil clones and other duplicates of her kids, etc) can all be cut and pasted to any female heroine in Marvel. Jean is nothing special. Storm, on the other hand, has a unique heritage coming down from her mother's side. She also has a very unique background and set of skills that sets her apart from everybody else on top of her unique powerset, her enormous power levels (and she doesn't need some cosmic entity to possess her to hit those power levels), her unique personality, and her boundless strength of will which is second to none in the MU. On top of this, there is her unique physical appearnace. Storm truly has a specialness above all other characters and Marvel is trying to hide that uniqueness about Storm to prop up Plain Jean.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-08-2018 at 02:03 PM.

can I vent for a moment?? when I first heard Jean was coming back I was initially excited though I knew this would likely push storm into further obscurity. however after reading red I was beyond turned off. not only did they have Jean interacting with Tchalla as if she was his former wife, they seemed to even try to swagger jack storm:

Pathetic. The drive, the networking, the world building and resources she has at her disposal has never even been utilized but Jean is back and she now has this pull ? I'm sorry I just can't for the life of me get behind this when Ororo has been treated so dismissively. And at the very least, if you not going to show her being proactive such as jean, you should have what coates is doing mirror her representation in the xbooks but that isn't even happening. How does it even make sense that Ororo hasn't attempted to talk to tchalla or even mention him when you consider all she has done in the BP ? It's just beyond me. So I can't and I won't be supporting anything marvel until this solo comes out or until I see her properly written. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

can I vent for a moment?? when I first heard Jean was coming back I was initially excited though I knew this would likely push storm into further obscurity. however after reading red I was beyond turned off. not only did they have Jean interacting with Tchalla as if she was his former wife, they seemed to even try to swagger jack storm:

Pathetic. The drive, the networking, the world building and resources she has at her disposal has never even been utilized but Jean is back and she now has this pull ? I'm sorry I just can't for the life of me get behind this when Proto has been treated so dismissively. And at the very least, if you not going to show her being proactive such as jean, you should have what coates is doing mirror her representation in the xbooks but that isn't even happening. How does it even make sense that Ororo hasn't attempted to talk to tchalla or even mention him when you consider all she has done in the BP ? It's just beyond me. So I can't and I won't be supporting anything marvel until this solo comes out or until I see her properly written. Enough is enough.
    I'll point something else out to you: Do you recall in Storm's solo title where Ororo was framed for a crime she did not commit? Isn't that exactly what Nova did to Jean? They are totally ripping off from Storm for this book to prop up Jean while keeping Storm scaled back.

I'll point something else out to you: Do you recall in Storm's solo title where Ororo was framed for a crime she did not commit? Isn't that exactly what Nova did to Jean? They are totally ripping off from Storm for this book to prop up Jean while keeping Storm scaled back.
    yes I forgot that too!!! my new hashtag for red:

#swaggerjack
    #oftenimitatedneverduplicated

BANNED

yes I forgot that too!!! my new hashtag for red:

#swaggerjack
    #oftenimitatedneverduplicated
    Its just too bad Pak didn't think to use a strong villain like Cassandra Nova to pull the frame job off on Ororo.

Its just too bad Pak didn't think to use a strong villain like Cassandra Nova to pull the frame job off on Ororo.
    it's fine. we still have her solo coming at some point. I just needed to point out why I as a storm fan won't be supporting red any further. I mean tchalla, the sky goddess swagger jacking, and plot jacking is too much for me.