7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    while they were dating he practically ran out on her to find another woman:

tchalla most certainly never left storm for another b!tch.

I agree with you about the voicing. it was not the best and should have been much better but my point is she was a royal of a nation that is most advanced in the MU. her reach at that position outweighed anything being headmistress gave her.

He chose a rock over his wife. Stop it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    When legion was creating his time travel dome the only X-men that could fight him was Storm. When Jean was comatose inside of Emma's body who led and saved the team saving her, Storm did. Using Lobdell as a basis for your jealousy doesn't negate Storm's standing. She was the leader she made the hard calls and repeatedly saved everyone, including Jean. Who defeated the x-cutioner? Storm. Despite Storm's defenses being weakened under Lobdell Storm was still the stronger mutant by Lobdell's own writing. You keep forgetting that.
    Storm was physically more powerful than Jean under Lobdell. I have never contested that, but Jean was established to be the ultimate X-Man under Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle. Lobdell flat out had Jean threaten Storm with her telepathy on-panel. In other words, if the two had a fight, Jean would win because Storm had no defense against her TP powers.

That said, beating the X-cutioner is no big deal. He's no high end bad guy. Sure, Lobdell didn't mind giving Storm scraps like him, but meanwhile he had Gamesmaster able to easily mind control everybody including Storm, but had GM lock away Jean because he saw her as the only threat to him. When Onslaught cut Jean off from her psi-powers, he had Onslaught easily able to get into Storm's head and defeat her telepathically (and this is when Onslaught had only a portion of Xavier's powers and he had not yet assimilated Nate Grey's or Franklin's powers) Yet, powerless Jean was able to offer some resistance. In fact, she was the only X-Man who offered any kind of resistance to his psi attack and this is without her psi powers. Now, can you tell me one issue where Storm's willpower was stated to be indomitable during the Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle era? I can't think of a single issue. The first issue after CC's initial run on the title where Storm's will was called indomitable again that comes to my mind was when Alan Davis came along for his brief stint on the title. It was that story where the X-Men tried to convince Galactus not to devour Skrullworld. Then, soon after, we get CC coming back for Revolution and Ororo once more loses to every mental attack that comes her way. Cable took her down with a telepathic attack. Some Russian bad guy was able to mind control Storm with some kind of mind controlling agent. Revenant easily bested Storm and Jean had to go and get revenge for Storm...

That said, Storm was an X-Men leader during the Lobdell era, so yes, she would be responsible for leading the team to victories, but it was not her alone. They worked together as a team to achieve those wins and Storm's power levels and mental defenses were scaled back in those stories. Also, the Jean and Scott stuff played a much more central role in those stories than Ororo ever did. Again, there was constant pointing back to Jean's potential and never any talk about Storm's. Jean's full potential involves her hosting the Phoenix Force while Storm doesn't need an external boost to hit cosmic power levels she already has at this stage in her mutation when Jean isn't around. How many times did we get stories about Jean and Cyclops traveling to the future to raise Baby Cable (or whatever they did), and stuff about the Phoenix Force with Jean or Rachel (every writer wanted to restore the PF to Jean once Rachel lost it), or stuff about evil clones. Heck, even the 12 story arc had Apocalypse obsessed with the Summer/Grey bloodline. They always found a way to try and make Scott and Jean an important part of most of the major stories (heck, they even gave Jean one of the big feats in AOA). Say what you will, but all Storm did was lead, but outside of that, the stories didn't really center on her like it did on the two lovebirds.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-08-2018 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm was physically more powerful than Jean under Lobdell. I have never contested that, but Jean was established to be the ultimate X-Man under Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle. Lobdell flat out had Jean threaten Storm with her telepathy on-panel. In other words, if the two had a fight, Jean would win because Storm had no defense against her TP powers.

That said, beating the X-cutioner is no big deal. He's no high end bad guy. Sure, Lobdell didn't mind giving Storm scraps like him, but meanwhile he had Gamesmaster able to easily mind control everybody including Storm, but had GM lock away Jean because he saw her as the only threat to him. When Onslaught cut Jean off from her psi-powers, he had Onslaught easily able to get into Storm's head and defeat her telepathically (and this is when Onslaught had only a portion of Xavier's powers and he had not yet assimilated Nate Grey's or Franklin's powers) Yet, powerless Jean was able to offer some resistance. In fact, she was the only X-Man who offered any kind of resistance to his psi attack and this is without her psi powers. Now, can you tell me one issue where Storm's willpower was stated to be indomitable during the Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle era? I can't think of a single issue. The first issue after CC's initial run on the title where Storm's will was called indomitable again that comes to my mind was when Alan Davis came along for his brief stint on the title. It was that story where the X-Men tried to convince Galactus not to devour Skrullworld.

That said, Storm was an X-Men leader during the Lobdell era, so yes, she would be responsible for leading the team to victories, but it was not her alone. They worked together as a team to achieve those wins and Storm's power levels and mental defenses were scaled back in those stories. Also, the Jean and Scott stuff played a much more central role in those stories than Ororo ever did. Again, there was constant pointing back to Jean's potential and never any talk about Storm's. Jean's full potential involves her hosting the Phoenix Force while Storm doesn't need an external boost to hit cosmic power levels she already has at this stage in her mutation when Jean isn't around. How many times did we get stories about Jean and Cyclops traveling to the future to raise Baby Cable (or whatever they did), and stuff about the Phoenix Force with Jean or Rachel (every writer wanted to restore the PF to Jean once Rachel lost it), or stuff about evil clones. Heck, even the 12 story arc had Apocalypse obsessed with the Summer/Grey bloodline. They always found a way to try and make Scott and Jean an important part of most of the major stories (heck, they even gave Jean one of the big feats in AOA). Say what you will, but all Storm did was lead, but outside of that, the stories didn't really center on her like it did on the two lovebirds.
    I am not disagreeing with that. Storm didn't get the stories Scott and Jean did. But those stories were always more about cable and their potential offspring.

BANNED

Right now Storm is doing a pretty shitty job of propping up kitty. That's gold. Storm has nothing to do with red. Marvel is promoting Jean not to be wonder woman, they are still trying that bullshit with Carol.

BANNED

I edited my post to add a little more, but I'll just say it here:

Lets not also forget how Revenant easily bested Ororo with a psychic attack and Jean had to get Storm's revenge for her by taking on Revenant. Lets also not forget how some Russian bad guy used some kind of mind controlling agent to mind control Storm and Jean had to later use her psi powers to protect Storm's mind when that bad guy tried to use that mind control agent on Ororo again. Also, Cable was able to take down Storm with a telepathic attack as well. All of this happened during Revolution with Claremont writing the book and Jean was on the team. Then, as soon as Jean left the team, CC restored Storm's mental defenses adding the upgrade where Storm can shape electricity to fry telepaths out of her mind.

BANNED

It is not jealousy pointing out how Storm gets devalued for Jean. Its merely pointing out a very real reality.

I honestly don't see any devaluation to Storm because of Jean. All that is happening is Storm is on the same trajectory she's been on for years now and Jean coming back hasn't changed that. She's only been back for an issue so far, give her a break. Storm would be on the same boat either way.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-08-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

He chose a rock over his wife. Stop it.
    he chose wakanda, and his people, as the country would be bankrupt without vibranium. That's quite different from wolverine picking woman after woman over ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I support this title because it's good, Kurt is amazing, we got a multi-ethnic cast fighting for a transnational mutant state. Storm makes more sense but that's not reality. Until Storm is free from gold all this whining is pointless. Gold is the issue not red.
    Pretty much my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No one can prove it but the parallels are there. and even if Taylor didn't read her solo (which when I saw Jean in the sky I immediately thought of the storm pic I posted in her solo), why have Jean talk and interact with tchalla of all characters? what relationship did they have prior and why hasn't storm, who is currently dating him and is featured in his books, been shown acknowledging BP even once within the Xbooks? there is just too much for me to stomach here.
    Because Gentle is joining the team and T'Challa/Wakanda is obviously the link that will connect him to Jean/Red. I do think Storm should have been used as a liason to facilitate that meeting though

Jean Grey has been dead for 14 years. Storm's under-utilization had absolutely nothing to do with her during that long time period and it doesn't now either.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Jean Grey has been dead for 14 years. Storm's under-utilization had absolutely nothing to do with her during that long time period and it doesn't now either.
    Say it again for the people in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because Gentle is joining the team and T'Challa/Wakanda is obviously the link that will connect him to Jean/Red. I do think Storm should have been used as a liason to facilitate that meeting though
    that's my point havok... That's all I'm saying. I don't mind interaction but seeing storm has yet to even talk to him in the xbooks since dating, a simple nod to her or her facilitating the meeting would have been nice.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I like a lot the X-Universe Age of Apocalypse story that features Mikhail Rasputin as a horseman.

Is the Storm book in which 616 Mikhail Rasputin kidnaps her good? I want to learn more about that character-

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    ok. just to be clear that was never my point. Jean deserves all the love and attention she can have due to being dead, but I don't wanna see a swagger jacking Jean. give us Jean, not j'roro
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2018 at 04:21 PM.