• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he chose wakanda, and his people, as the country would be bankrupt without vibranium. That's quite different from wolverine picking woman after woman over ororo.
    That's not accurate as later issues showed they still had plenty of wealth. They took a hit but that's my point is he never loved her he loved that rock, his people and the idea of being king over the woman that sacrificed her soul to save him.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 02-08-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    That's not accurate as later issues showed they still had plenty of wealth. They took a hit but that's my point is he never loved her he loved that tick, his people and the idea of being king over the woman that sacrificed her soul to save him.
    wakanda is a rich as it is due to vibranium, akin to how many countries wealth is built upon gold. once vibranium becomes inert, which is what doom tampering with it would have done it would be useless. and tchalla already admitted his marriage died, not to a rock, but to him putting wakanda first.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

ok. just to be clear that was never my point. Jean deserves all the love and attention she can have due to being dead, but I don't wanna see a swagger jacking Jean. give us Jean, not j'roro
    How did you infer swagger jacking jean from one issue?

ok. just to be clear that was never my point. Jean deserves all the love and attention she can have due to being dead, but I don't wanna see a swagger jacking Jean. give us Jean, not j'roro
    I love Storm, but I just don't see what you're talking about. The flying over the city is a generic thing for heroes who can fly and the ambassador of mutants thing seems more like a homage to the original X-Film.

Last edited by Crimz; 02-08-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How did you infer swagger jacking jean from one issue?
    I already went through the example but I can list them again:

1. using tchalla (a character she has zero interaction with) as a vehicle to recognition among nations of the world. why would he even want to help Jean or mutants what's the motivation? and why is there any form of dialogue between these two when storm (who by the way is dating him in BP solo) has yet to even acknowledge he exists in the xbooks? using tchalla as a prop to nation build without giving some form of reference to storm is swagger jacking, as Ororo, not Jean, has a rapport to get him involved to that level.

2. Never knew Jean to be sky goddess:

saw that image of Jean and thought it was beautiful but it immediately made me think of Storms panel in her solo. I know she flies but her "home" has never been in the skies as this image portrays.

3. Rut mentioned the idea of getting framed for something you didn't do which was something that occurred in Ororo's solo as well. All in all, it's enough to make me not want to go anywhere near this book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I love Storm, but I just don't see what you're talking about. The flying over the city is a generic thing for heroes who can fly and the ambassador of mutants thing seems more like a homage to the original X-Film.

I saw her being the Ambassador for mutants as more of a natural progression of her character from Morrison's run. Jean was taking a more direct stand for mutant rights as well as being a spokesperson for the school.

BANNED

wakanda is a rich as it is due to vibranium, akin to how many countries wealth is built upon gold. once vibranium becomes inert, which is what doom tampering with it would have done it would be useless. and tchalla already admitted his marriage died, not to a rock, but to him putting wakanda first.
    Wakanda was still a technological marvel that has to use other resources that still did the job. Him admitting it only shows why he doesn't deserve her. But let's get back to the earlier point. We don't need to be jealous we just need to fight for Storm. I will support this book because it's good and celebrate Jean's Ascension while pushing for Storm to be on top.

1. using tchalla (a character she has zero interaction with) as a vehicle to recognition among nations of the world. why would he even want to help Jean or mutants what's the motivation? and why is there any form of dialogue between these two when storm (who by the way is dating him in BP solo) has yet to even acknowledge he exists in the xbooks? using tchalla as a prop to nation build without giving some form of reference to storm is swagger jacking, as Ororo, not Jean, has a rapport to get him involved to that level.

saw that image of Jean and thought it was beautiful but it immediately made me think of Storms panel in her solo.

3. Rut mentioned the idea of getting framed for something you didn't do which was something that occurred in Ororo's solo as well. All in all, it's enough to make me not want to go anywhere near this book.

[video=youtube;iYgbWj4nDNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/G6zE7OrNOOIBFovslTcNm41DED0iOn2kCl58lIUiVdV1CjW-mmkW0auEiHCsSQMmniEA1GcFow_bbbMxGYptl7iBKjrBc2F-Di-bEJ6kTPsj6d8_O_ecgQ8KIEH_zJqUAt0uog=s1600G]
    the swagger jacking goes beyond flying over a city.. I explained it above how it all read to me.

Astonishing Member

This is in the same issue where Jean is personally contacting heads of states, scientist, and geniuses to come to gather to find a solution to the mutant issues. I think Storm would have been the better choice but within the context of the narrative there's nothing wrong with Jean contacting T'challa on this issue.

saw that image of Jean and thought it was beautiful but it immediately made me think of Storms panel in her solo.
    She's not. Nor has she ever been. Like a previous poster said heroes flying in the sky having a reflective moment is not an imagery exclusive to Storm.

Once again heroes being framed (by villains of all people) is not something exclusive to Storm.

BANNED

Jean Grey has been dead for 14 years. Storm's under-utilization had absolutely nothing to do with her during that long time period and it doesn't now either.
    Not actually true. Jean died, yes, but then they brought on Jeen.

Look, the point I'm making is Marvel doesn't like how Storm was the leading Marvel heroine. They don't like how she is the Lady of the X. They have been intentionally scaling her back for sometime now and its Jean that they want to be the Queen Bee. This much is obvious if you take an objective look historically to what happens to Storm's power levels and mental defenses whenever she is put on a team with Jean Grey. Then, on top of it, they bring back Adult Jean and give her a book and mission that really is tailor-made for Storm's character. Storm's entire history as a character supports her being the best candidate to do what Jean is trying to do in Red. Do you think Marvel is so dense that way back when they were thinking of the concept of the mission Jean has taken on that they didn't consider how much better suited Storm is for that role? Of course they did, but they want to scale back Ororo. Again, they want Jean to be the most popular character. And, you know what? I don't think Jean has the potential to resonate with as wide a range of fans from various backgrounds as a well-written Ororo does no matter what they try and do with Jean. I am reading comics for Storm. If they can't give me worthwhile Storm stories, I am not going to buy their product no matter what they do with other characters.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-08-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    And Jeen is as far from Jean as Kymera is to Storm.

Wakanda was still a technological marvel that has to use other resources that still did the job. Him admitting it only shows why he doesn't deserve her. But let's get back to the earlier point. We don't need to be jealous we just need to fight for Storm. I will support this book because it's good and celebrate Jean's Ascension while pushing for Storm to be on top.
    Him admitting that simply demonstrates trying to save a nation is extremely difficult if near impossible when saving your nation conflicts with the relationship you wish to save.

To be jealous of something would imply the object of said emotion possesses a trait you don't. Ororo is a goddess, Ororo does have a relationship with tchalla, Ororo does have the connection as a result of being a queen and leader of the xmen to nation build. Jean has exhibited nothing Ororo doesn't possess but she is most definitely exhibiting traits and attributes that at the very least should warrant a bit of credit to Ororo reducing this to jealously is missing the point and will a misdirection of any right we as fans can successfully wage against a company that continues to marginalize their POC characters specifically black females.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    And Jeen and Storm had nothing to do with each other.

BANNED

Him admitting that simply demonstrates trying to save a nation is extremely difficult if near impossible when saving your nation conflicts with the relationship you wish to save.

To be jealous of something would imply the object of said emotion possesses a trait you don't. Ororo is a goddess, Ororo does have a relationship with tchalla, Ororo does have the connection as a result of being a queen and leader of the xmen to nation build. Jean has exhibited nothing Ororo doesn't possess but she is most definitely exhibiting traits and attributes that at the very least should warrant a bit of credit to Ororo reducing this to jealously is missing the point and will a misdirection of any right we as fans can successfully wage against a company that continues to marginalize their POC characters specifically black females.
    Pretending that jealousy isn't also part of this undermines your point while mine actually build us up by helping us heal from the annoyance of Storm being underutilized.

Trying to save a nation that was already under a coup that has already lost its number one export doesn't explain why he jumped over his wife to check on the vibranium. Stop making excuses for him that was a dick move that showed he only loved her as someone that could help his nation and never loved her as a person.

BANNED

And Jeen and Storm had nothing to do with each other.
    Not true. They were both on Extraordinary X-Men. That said, look at how they tried to prop up Jeen in her book and then consider the Lightning Lass treatment Storm got that constantly loses to weak sauce foes. What I am saying is there is a strong push at Marvel to try and make Jean Grey the Woman of the X while a concerted effort is being made to push Storm down to make that reality for Jean. The reason I have come to this conclusion is, again, because of the historical pattern of Storm being written down when in the same book as Jean, but going up when Jean exits the book. Now, things have gotten worse to where Jean is constantly being propped up in whatever title she appears in while Storm gets treated like a token black character who is just on the team to take up space so the company can say they have a Black female in the title. And then, like a token, she is written like a third rate character so that others may shine.

Once more, I believe this is happening to Ororo because Marvel wants Jean to be number 1. Maybe Fox has something to do with this. Maybe they have an agreement with Marvel to prop up Jean as the Leading Lady of the X to support what they are doing in the movies. I don't know, but there is something fishy going on here. This makes no sense to be happening to a character as popular as Storm has been historically.