• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Nate is just overhyped, spinning out of AoA. The fact that you can ignore his solo and he barely registers on the grand scheme of things shows you he's not all that(I'm sure some hardcore Nate fans could school us, but still, he doesn't have that powerlevel anymore after Sugar Man drained his powers or whatever in the Utopia era).

Colossus is technically organic osmium, the most dense naturally occurring element, rivaling diamond in hardness. Using real science, he would have a definitive melting point of 3306 K ​(3033 °C, ​5491 °F) and boiling point of 5285 K ​(5012 °C, ​9054 °F), the fourth highest of all known real substances(behind only carbon, tungsten and rhenium). His limit was reached in the comics when Pyro super heated him and then Avalanche busted liquid nitrogen on him.

Rogue had to steal his powers to revert him to flesh and the Morlock Healer had to fix him instantly to save him from that one. After the Mutant Massacre he was also severely damaged by Riptide's shurikens that Magneto had to fix the molecular damage, which left him paralyzed until the Fall of the Mutants(but he was stronger than before).

And yass, that cosplayer is working that mane!
    Remember that issue where colossus acted as a ground for O'roro where the ground started to melt when she called down lightning to charge I believe cyclops. I wonder why he didn't melt there? And good info I never knew he had an encounter where he melted I'm sure that was painful.

And I love it. She's giving me more storm with that flick of the hair than anything I've seen in the Fox-men films

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm should be above Magneto and Iceman only because she can simply do exactly what they can do, but a little BETTER. Jean by herself is powerful, but not that powerful(Personally) it seems easy to take her concentration away from her if multiple things are happening at once.

Storm should be 4 or 5, but EH I can deal with 6
    Who would be your top 3 or 4?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I' kind of glad they are not doing a storm movie especially with the actress we have now

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Not to derail the thread to much but seeing that new issue of Essence Magazine with the women of BP is so bittersweet because 3/4 were my picks for Storm and they are serving on the cover. It’s so upsetting we couldn’t have gotten them in the role. Also on a side note to see Kitty Pryde movie being announced it’s like a slap in the face, Storm has the fanbase why won’t they greenlight a solo movie and she she has rich history to bring a compelling story to the big screen. Maybe after BP delivers they decide to strike while the iron is hot with a rebooted Storm by someone who looks like the gorgeous women on the cover of Essence
    If this deal goes through with Marvel I have hope they will give us the Storm we deserve to finally see on film. And don't be upset about Kitty. They don't care about these characters or for that matter Kitty. I really do think Fox is trying to crank out as much crap films as they can to have more leverage power to keep their creative teams on the x-men when/if deal goes through. More fans will fight to see Disney leave Fox-men as it is if the fans believe Fox has a lot of great things in store for the franchise. The thing is Fox had nearly 20 years to do something beyond Wolverine so their times is up. The best we can do now is not support any Fox-men movies with our money and hope the movies do poor enough to where Disney isn't tempted to leave the Fox side as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what is thissssssss
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    what is thissssssss
    Did it not show up?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm should be above Magneto and Iceman only because she can simply do exactly what they can do, but a little BETTER. Jean by herself is powerful, but not that powerful(Personally) it seems easy to take her concentration away from her if multiple things are happening at once.

Storm should be 4 or 5, but EH I can deal with 6
    She cant do exactly what Iceman can do. She cant have her entire body destroyed and regrow it from the moisture in the air. She cant increase her strength and mass and become an Ice Hulk. She isnt capable of superspeed by zipping through bodies of water and she cant create an army of ice golems. There is definite overlap in their powers but his abilities are specialized to ice/water and gives him abilities that are beyond her skill set. IM not arguing who's more powerful or not but they aren't exactly the same when it comes to what he can do.

Ditto on Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She cant do exactly what Iceman can do. She cant have her entire body destroyed and regrow it from the moisture in the air. She cant increase her strength and mass and become an Ice Hulk. She isnt capable of superspeed by zipping through bodies of water and she cant create an army of ice golems. There is definite overlap in their powers but his abilities are specialized to ice/water and gives him abilities that are beyond her skill set. IM not arguing who's more powerful or not but they aren't exactly the same when it comes to what he can do.

Ditto on Magneto.
    Agreed. Though I think Storm has arguably better feats than Iceman/Magneto their application of powers are quite different. I'm not sure I agree with Magneto's abilities being beyond her skill set though. Magneto manipulates magnetic forces to bend/control metals. Storm has the ability to tap into those same forces as she has demonstrated the ability to manipulate the magnetic field on a global level. All in all, the potential for overlap I see a lot more in Magneto than I do Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Agreed. Though I think Storm has arguably better feats than Iceman/Magneto their application of powers are quite different. I'm not sure I agree with Magneto's abilities being beyond her skill set though. Magneto manipulates magnetic forces to bend/control metals. Storm has the ability to tap into those same forces as she has demonstrated the ability to manipulate the magnetic field on a global level. All in all, the potential for overlap I see a lot more in Magneto than I do Iceman.
    If a Sentinel were in front of her, can she hold it in place in the air, not using her wind powers? Can she selectively rip out Wolverine's adamantium from his skeleton? Can she erect a metalic statue using scraps of metal laying around, again not using wind?

Ditto on Magneto.
    Ahem....

Storm has the potential to transcend her fleshy body and summon elemental dupes of various sizes/shapes like Iceman, and she can control electromagnetism like Magneto. Her powerset subsumes them both. I agree she isn't often used that way, as most writers just have her throw lightning bolts and blow wind around, but the potential is there. Her scale is also much higher than either of theirs.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If a Sentinel were in front of her, can she hold it in place in the air, not using her wind powers? Can she selectively rip out Wolverine's adamantium from his skeleton? Can she erect a metalic statue using scraps of metal laying around, again not using wind?
    She could do all of that if she just manipulates the materials by their electrons. It's definitely within her ability, writers just don't use her like that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ahem....

Storm has the potential to transcend her fleshy body and summon elemental dupes of various sizes/shapes like Iceman, and she can control electromagnetism like Magneto. Her powerset subsumes them both. I agree she isn't often used that way, as most writers just have her throw lightning bolts and blow wind around, but the potential is there. Her scale is also much higher than either of theirs.
    What is that first scan from? And potential and AR futures/timelines are non canon so not worth bringing up. For the longest time Iceman was said to have so much great potential but I only mentioned the stuff he's actually done, which has been explored more in recent years

What is that first scan from? And potential and AR futures/timelines are non canon so not worth bringing up. For the longest time Iceman was said to have so much great potential but I only mentioned the stuff he's actually done, which has been explored more in recent years
    The first scan was from an annual just before her solo. The second scan is from Ages of Apocalypse and was published in regular X-Men/Uncanny X-Men, but it's true it's an alternate future. That said, the Roguestorm incident also points to this same potential and it was regular 616 Storm.

Last edited by yogaflame; 02-13-2018 at 02:22 PM.

BANNED

Ditto on Magneto.
    I guess I didn't fully explain, no Storm can't regrow limbs and turn completely Ice or increase her strength etc. In terms of Manipulating Thermal Energy? I would put Storm above Iceman due to the fact she can go down to the molecular level. Iceman can't.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-13-2018 at 02:25 PM.