• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Love it. And look at Roberto and Dani in the corner box! More ethnic representation in that linework than most artists deliver.

Aww. I read some Gen 13 when I was a kid and I've been a fan of his art since. He's definitely a "cheesecake" kinda artist, but he makes it work. Not saying he's the greatest penciler out there, but he's solid.

I think his linework usually has some indication of ethnic features for appropriate characters, but he doesn't color his own work(I don't think?).

Bianchi is my favorite modern Storm artist, I just love his rendering style(even if his costume design got a bit too elaborate, I still like the overall feel, and you can tell Storm just excites him as an artist).

But Coipel does really good work too, reminds me of Silvestri's Storm. I used to like Yardin more than I do now; I feel like he gets carried away with some of her features a lot of the time.
    If drawn well, then yes. Coipel's Storm costume in Astonishing X-men's Ghost Box is the best-looking Storm costume of all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ibanez always does an amazing job, but I'm here for the unique beauty, majesty and the muscles Yardin brings for days. I hope he does some covers for her solo again.

That mohawk is on point.
    Yassssssss, that is how you do it

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ibanez always does an amazing job, but I'm here for the unique beauty, majesty and the muscles Yardin brings for days. I hope he does some covers for her solo again.

That mohawk is on point.
    Yaaasss for those legs and other ASSets!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I love Coipel and Yardin. Bianchi I can take or leave although I don't think he's bad. I also like the guy who did Storms last solo. I don't know why I can't remember his name.
    Agreed.

Coipel and Yardin slay with their Storm. Bianchi is hit or miss. I like Victor Ibanez from Storm' solo, but I also like Scott Eaton and Ken Lashley. Jen Bartel has also grown on me already.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed.

Coipel and Yardin slay with their Storm. Bianchi is hit or miss. I like Victor Ibanez from Storm' solo, but I also like Scott Eaton and Ken Lashley. Jen Bartel has also grown on me already.
    Speaking of Jen I'm convinced that tease about a Storm is coming was in reference to her solo. A couple of her followers asked her directly was her comment in reference to the solo and she said nothing; however, other posts were questions were asked she responded quickly. I'm confident some news will be dropping soon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Do you personally, (or anyone really) have an artist in mind that you feel can do no wrong when it comes to Storm? Coipel, Yardin and Bianchi. Although all three artist take a different approach to her, they all have a gift of depicting her in ways that I feel is undeniably "Storm".
    I know he gets a lot of hate around these parts, but Jim Lee probably draws my favorite depiction of every character, not just Storm. Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri and Arthur Adams are my top 3 Storm artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I know he gets a lot of hate around these parts, but Jim Lee probably draws my favorite depiction of every character, not just Storm. Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri and Arthur Adams are my top 3 Storm artists.
    Jim Lee's Storm was always a bit underwhelming. I do like most of his stuff, but I can't think of a Storm image from him that really is like POW, Storm! Kinda the same for John Byrne. I love his run back in the classic Claremont days, but something about his Storm just didn't pop right. JRJr too, is really serviceable in his 80's work(less so in the 90's), but his Storm needed more cheekbones(which is why I LOVE Silvestri!) or something.

Silvestri, Art Adams, and Alan Davis are some of my classic faves. I'm not overly fond of Paul Smith's style, but he immediately gets close to the top for this sequence alone:

The Dodsons, Joe Mad, Carlos Pacheco, and Salvador Larroca also served up some good 90's Storm(and early 2000's, X-Treme, for Salva).

Ibanez I'm on the fence with. His work on Storm's solo is some of his best, but there were some choices he made that didn't quite work for me.

And of course we all must pay homage to the originator, Dave Cockrum:

Even if his style is a bit clunky by modern standards, he set the template for Storm!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jim Lee's Storm was always a bit underwhelming. I do like most of his stuff, but I can't think of a Storm image from him that really is like POW, Storm! Kinda the same for John Byrne. I love his run back in the classic Claremont days, but something about his Storm just didn't pop right. JRJr too, is really serviceable in his 80's work(less so in the 90's), but his Storm needed more cheekbones(which is why I LOVE Silvestri!) or something.

Silvestri, Art Adams, and Alan Davis are some of my classic faves. I'm not overly fond of Paul Smith's style, but he immediately gets close to the top for this sequence alone:

[IMG]https://uncannyxmen.net/sites/default/files/images/characters/callisto/storm21.jpg

The Dodsons, Joe Mad, Carlos Pacheco, and Salvador Larroca also served up some good 90's Storm(and early 2000's, X-Treme, for Salva).

Ibanez I'm on the fence with. His work on Storm's solo is some of his best, but there were some choices he made that didn't quite work for me.

And of course we all must pay homage to the originator, Dave Cockrum:

[IMG]https://www.comicbookherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/storm-x-men-goddess.jpg

Even if his style is a bit clunky by modern standards, he set the template for Storm!
    I love the goddess storm pic. Blue black skin with her white flowing hair. This is how Storm should look and I enjoy and love that Coates/Harvey emphasized this on panel and she was drawn accordingly:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love the goddess storm pic. Blue black skin with her white flowing hair. This is how Storm should look and I enjoy and love that Coates/Harvey emphasized this on panel and she was drawn accordingly:
    That was such a weird point of view. I like Storm with a healthy melanin dose, like a deep burnt sienna, but blue-black is this:

So much melanin that the blue of the sky is reflected. Storm has never been colored that deeply, not even in the series that proclaims her as such!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That was such a weird point of view. I like Storm with a healthy melanin dose, like a deep burnt sienna, but blue-black is this:

So much melanin that the blue of the sky is reflected. Storm has never been colored that deeply, not even in the series that proclaims her as such!
    Yeah I don't see her as that color. I just see her as a dark skinned woman as the colorist did in the image you provided as well as mine (somewhere around Danai Gurira) . However if literally that color as those ladies her look would be that much more striking.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-14-2018 at 10:27 PM.

This could've been the beginning of something beautiful...

My personal "Storm" would be Veronika Bozeman.

Attachment 62082
    Attachment 62083
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 02-15-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I just thought about another reason why a speed blitz, even from a light speedster, shouldn't work on Storm: Her galactic core feat. Storm was able to instantly connect mind, body, and soul to all of those heavenly bodies lightyears away from her and draw physical and material sustenance from them. With that being the case, light speed is not a blitz against Ororo at all as her perceptions work much faster than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I just thought about another reason why a speed blitz, even from a light speedster, shouldn't work on Storm: Her galactic core feat. Storm was able to instantly connect mind, body, and soul to all of those heavenly bodies lightyears away from her and draw physical and material sustenance from them. With that being the case, light speed is not a blitz against Ororo at all as her perceptions work much faster than that.
    I agree with you.