7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Danai isn’t overrated and out of all the women she is the one reappearing in Infinity War. Ok the audience enjoyed seeing TChalla and Nakia it still doesn’t change that he still betrayed him in the comics and if the audience is invested in the character it will make it that much more powerful when she does betray him. I’m not seeing how that can’t change the audience could just as easily fall in love with the next woman, she will still get a pivotal role if she switched sides. Chadwick is around the same age so Yaya being that age shouldn’t matter, she def doesn’t look that age. I don’t see why people want a young Storm the most likely thing I see them doing is casting young for the O5 as they were in the comics and then second movie give us the Giant Sized XMen. I’d prefer Storm being 25-30 to fit in with the other Marvel characters not hanging out in high school with Peter Parker, unless the Ultimate run is what they have in mind.
    I just left the movie a few hours ago imo for all the praise she got from reviewers as best fighter in MCU etc I felt it was overblown she was just ok. And all the women are back for Infinity War not just okyae.

Publishing doesn't dictate what happens in the films Feige states that repeatedly. I mean Tony Stark is marrying pepper Potts lol hulk has interest in black widow haha

You litteally just said the same age range for Storm as I just did lol. 35 year old storm in movie 1 idk it just doesn't fit. the MCU women are usually mid/late 20's when cast (Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel etc)

I'd be shocked at a mid 30s storm but what do I know
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

Ok the audience enjoyed seeing TChalla and Nakia it still doesn’t change that he still betrayed him in the comics and if the audience is invested in the character it will make it that much more powerful when she does betray him.
    This may not happen.
    The mcu takes influences from the 616 and marvel ultimate universe but the mcu is it's own thing like the dceu and fox x-men universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This may not happen.
    The mcu takes influences from the 616 and marvel ultimate universe but the mcu is it's own thing like the dceu and fox x-men universe.
    I agree with this. The films have never strictly followed the 616 Universe. But if the relationship between BP and Nakia prove to be wildly popular on screen, I don't know how Storm would fit into this picture (at least romantically with BP)

BANNED

The Black Panther movie was good(I still don't like him), but the Movie was very good. Some things I didn't think were needed and some things I didn't like.

:-) Another Success Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    I agree with this. The films have never strictly followed the 616 Universe. But if the relationship between BP and Nakia prove to be wildly popular on screen, I don't know how Storm would fit into this picture (at least romantically with BP)
    Hello, Storm is more interesting than Nakia as well as more beautiful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why shoudlnt she be?
    Im asking because i dont know.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This may not happen.
    I’m very aware the MCU is it’s own thing but they do a good job of honoring comics or adding twist that actually work. My point was it wouldn’t be wildly weird if Nakia betrayed TChalla since it happened in the comics if they chose to do that. Still kinda upset Lupita didn’t get to play Storm lol, but whether or not Storm gets introduced as a cameo in BP2 is ok. I do agree her appearance depends on how much the audience loves TChalla and Nakia, but still feel that betrayal will be that much powerful if the audience loves them together. Just really want a rebooted Storm, Shipp doesn’t fit (to me) with this cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I just left the movie a few hours ago imo for all the praise she got from reviewers as best fighter in MCU etc I felt it was overblown she was just ok. And all the women are back for Infinity War not just okyae.

Publishing doesn't dictate what happens in the films Feige states that repeatedly. I mean Tony Stark is marrying pepper Potts lol hulk has interest in black widow haha

You litteally just said the same age range for Storm as I just did lol. 35 year old storm in movie 1 idk it just doesn't fit. the MCU women are usually mid/late 20's when cast (Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel etc)

I'd be shocked at a mid 30s storm but what do I know
    Not just her fighting though which has been said was one of the best in the MCU but her overall performance I don’t think she was overrated still. I haven’t seen anyone but Danai for IW, but will be great to see Shuri and Iron Man interact if that does happen. I will admit that Hulk/BW pairing was so left field but they seemed to have dropped it. I’m aware we picked the same age for Storm I was saying that some other users want her young for her first appearance and I just feel it’s better having her around 25-30 they can still have her grow into her role over time that is still young. I’m just happy with the praise BP is getting as a whole, whether or not they explore the relationship between Ororo and TChalla idk but it is a question that is nearly asked every interview so people are interested. I’ve come to actually like the two together because at first I didn’t.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 02-16-2018 at 08:43 AM.

BANNED

To think that we have a lot of darker skinned cast in Black Panther, Disney might actually get an actress who may have a lighter skin than the people of Wakanda. Just a guess.

I prefer blue-black skin for Storm though cos i dont want her skin color to be usual/normal. I want blue black cos its unique. If not blueblack then ill go for the ligher skin

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Not just her fighting though which has been said was one of the best in the MCU but her overall performance I don’t think she was overrated still. I haven’t seen anyone but Danai for IW, but will be great to see Shuri and Iron Man interact if that does happen. I will admit that Hulk/BW pairing was so left field but they seemed to have dropped it. I’m aware we picked the same age for Storm I was saying that some other users want her young for her first appearance and I just feel it’s better having her around 25-30 they can still have her grow into her role over time that is still young. I’m just happy with the praise BP is getting as a whole, whether or not they explore the relationship between Ororo and TChalla idk but it is a question that is nearly asked every interview so people are interested. I’ve come to actually like the two together because at first I didn’t.
    I just the movie again and I liked her alot more.

The look banner and widow give each other in the trailer leads to believe that'll be explored more in IW.

Letita confirmed she filmed scenes in IW

We'll see but at my second showing (again another mostly black crowd) alot of female interest in the bp nakia pairing especially when nakia spoilers:
    alludes to having a night cap with bp especially
    end of spoilers

I doubt X-Men will be in MCU by black panther 2 so that would be more years going by to make nakia n BP relationship stronger with community I predict it'll be the number one fan drawing by fans on Tumblr etc etc. I just don't see them breaking it up

And I really want storm with a mutie instead of a flatscan
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 02-16-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Coates needs to create a new twitter account asap.

The advance of GOLd bothers me, once again, is the comic of Kitty and her friends, where the rest of more powerful and more experienced Xmen that she looks like stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    The advance of GOLd bothers me, once again, is the comic of Kitty and her friends, where the rest of more powerful and more experienced Xmen that she looks like stupid.
    Kitty is the leader so i dont think it's a problem.

I think Kitty would have been more likable in Xmen Gold if she has a longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I think Gold would have worked better if Kitty was the leader of a younger team of X-Men.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-16-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think Gold would have worked better if Kitty was the leader of a young team of X-Men.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    I can see her leading a team of X-Men more around her age like

Kitty (Leader)
    Hellion
    Surge
    Magik
    Warpath
    Rockslide
    Some of us wait, some of us act.