10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Hello, Storm is more interesting than Nakia as well as more beautiful.
    I can't argue with that

BANNED

Lol I've been saying this for what seems like years! If Storm, as leader of the X-Men and a beacon of hope for mutants in general, was backed by the full might of Wakanda, there would have been no room for the Cyclops and Emma Frost show. Instead of telling the truth and admitting to just not being interested in her or what her marriage really brought to the table, we were given the excuse that she could not be written to full capacity because she lived in Wakanda. That's what we were led to believe, and some fell for it hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine the fan reaction. Lol it's crazy. I can't wait to see how his story turns out. I'm definitely here for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Seeing as the MCU likes to mix things with the Ultimate line, I can see the lineup being similar to that one which means Storm could be in the first film. Marvel knows that their films need more diversity so I doubt they wouldn't include their first black female superhero (especially with the potential Black Panther connection).
    Misty Knight came out before storm.

This is how AvX should have gone. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Only certain die-hard Storm fans would see a movie about powerless Storm. I would sit that one out as would most movie goers.
    I don't get that at all, a movie showing how Storm who is so broken without her powers needs to fight dirty for the first time and cope with life without them? Sounds like great character development to me. If they are going to do Storm right and they showcase how much respect they have for her in the first movie, I'd make a good bet that they will make her lose her powers. Honestly it would be pretty stupid of them not to, it's one of the best Storm stories and we can really get to know her. So if or honestly when they do, I'd want them to make the most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Her losing her powers worked in an ongoing team book. I don't think many people would want to see a Superhero movie where the main character has lost her signature powers. I mean, there's Logan but he still had his claw.
    Yeah, I was just thinking that they couldn't really capture her struggle and becoming stronger in a team movie better than in a solo movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed. People are going to want to see huge special effects demonstrating her powers and epic showdowns with the villain where the two let loose on each other. Without her powers, people would be all like, "What the heck?! Who cares to see that?"

Nobody wants to go see a "Storm" movie only for the heroine to be a H2H fighter. If some movie studio did that, I would automatically think it was done to make her a second-class character. That said, I could see a story where she has her powers and maybe a power-dampening collar is used to rob her of those abilities for a portion of the film. If she tries to remove the collar without the key, it would blow up and take her head with it. This would require her to rely on her skills as a thief, escap artist, and her H2H combat abilities to sneak into the bad guy headquarters and take back the key to unlock the collar and get her powers back. The movie ends with the epic showdown where she shows the villain what she is called Storm. There could be flashbacks to her days as a street urchin and everything during the powerless sequence. That said, she should have her powers for at least 70% of the film.
    I mean there could be flashbacks, and they could show the weather responding to her during times of extremes stress. Maybe two movies is too much, but I'd think many people would rather a movie dedicated to character development rather than her powers. I would absolutly love a movie where she cuts loose and that focuses on her powers, but that can be accomplished in a team movie perfectly, but a movie dedicated to her needs to mostly solely focus on her, and her losing and gaining back her powers seems like the perfect fit (kind of like Rain). There's a ton of awesome team stories that have awesome Storm moments, but there aren't as many Storm solo stories.

Examples:
    Getting kidnapped by Arkon to save his world (maybe even go the route TAS did) - team movie
    Just plain old fighting against Magneto - team movie
    Switching bodies with Emma Frost - team movie
    Becoming and coping as leader of the X-Men - team movie
    Being transformed into a statue by Dr. Doom and becoming Rogue Storm - team movie
    Using her powers in space - team movie
    Having a brood egg inside of her forcing her to attempt suicide - team movie
    Beating Callisto in a duel - team movie
    Taking down Kahn and his empire from the inside - team
    Etc etc etc.

They could absolutely make an awesome movie while at full power, but I don't feel like they could achieve something that couldn't be achieved in a team movie. I guess the same could be said for the development she'd get powerless, but I don't think they could do it as much justice with other characters and plots, it would be a subplot possibly not even getting a half hour of the movie's time.

I guess the difference is I think it would be very disappointing if they skipped that whole time of Storm's life when it is essential to her character or if they gave it very little deveopment, but if people just want to see her kick ass with lightning and tornadoes for a whole movie with a little h2h that would be very epic too, just not the top pick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Misty Knight came out before storm.
    Cool, didn't know that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol I've been saying this for what seems like years! If Storm, as leader of the X-Men and a beacon of hope for mutants in general, was backed by the full might of Wakanda, there would have been no room for the Cyclops and Emma Frost show. Instead of telling the truth and admitting to just not being interested in her or what her marriage really brought to the table, we were given the excuse that she could not be written to full capacity because she lived in Wakanda. That's what we were led to believe, and some fell for it hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine the fan reaction. Lol it's crazy. I can't wait to see how his story turns out. I'm definitely here for it.
    Which never happened.

BANNED

Uatu knew the Storm/BP marriage will be short and nullified. So he decided to show up during the wedding to make it special. When Uatu left, he was laughing because even the comic readers fell for it.

Uatu made a joke on their marriage.

Anyway, I'm seeing Black Panther soon I'll see if Storm could fit into his sequals but I doubt it would work age wise alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Anyway, I'm seeing Black Panther soon I'll see if Storm could fit into his sequals but I doubt it would work age wise alone.
    I will be seeing it tomorrow

BANNED

Just to clarify:

Storm can manipulate the weather and her powers down to the Molecular level or Chemical level? I get these two mixed up.

I saw the BP film yesterday and I loved it. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo on screen together one day.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw the BP film yesterday and I loved it. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo on screen together one day.
    Which means, bye bye Lupita.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I saw Black Panther and I'm honestly ok if they don't give us Storm and T'Challa as a couple. Like Ryan Coogler can just introduce her before she moves into being recruited by Xavier.