• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just to clarify:

Storm can manipulate the weather and her powers down to the Molecular level or Chemical level? I get these two mixed up.
    Molecule level. Though she can manipulate electrons a subatomic particle. .
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

From Toy Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    From Toy Fair.

Love it, but still hate that White hair on white uniform look
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is how AvX should have gone. lol

Yes! I approve of this message.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Which never happened.
    Lol the post you quoted alludes to this. I gave why I feel it never happened. What else that was painstakingly obvious that you managed to miss? Care to start a list?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Anyway, I'm seeing Black Panther soon I'll see if Storm could fit into his sequals but I doubt it would work age wise alone.
    I'm fine if she doesn't appear in his franchise. I'm absolutely in love with the idea of Queen Nakia so there's that. I'm always gonna want to see Storm on the throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw the BP film yesterday and I loved it. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo on screen together one day.
    Omg I would die a happy Storm fan! BP's world is a work of art. My soul yearns for a fully realized Queen Ororo Iqadi T'Challa of Wakanda. Wakanda forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I saw Black Panther and I'm honestly ok if they don't give us Storm and T'Challa as a couple. Like Ryan Coogler can just introduce her before she moves into being recruited by Xavier.
    Lol the timeline could definitely work. She may have met Xavier before she met T'Challa. But they had their whirlwind childhood romance well before Charles recruited her to save his O5. It could totally work.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol I've been saying this for what seems like years! If Storm, as leader of the X-Men and a beacon of hope for mutants in general, was backed by the full might of Wakanda, there would have been no room for the Cyclops and Emma Frost show. Instead of telling the truth and admitting to just not being interested in her or what her marriage really brought to the table, we were given the excuse that she could not be written to full capacity because she lived in Wakanda. That's what we were led to believe, and some fell for it hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine the fan reaction. Lol it's crazy. I can't wait to see how his story turns out. I'm definitely here for it.
    This is over-interpretation at best. Nothing Hudlin said invalidates the other reason, nor would it automatically make Cyclops & Emma redundant. But if that was the intent, thank goodness it didn't go through!
    In theory, many powers in the Marvel Universe could tackle or solve whatever issues mutants (or Wakanda, for that matter) are facing but that's irrelevant. It may have helped the BP franchise but no fan of a series wants to see its core themes and struggles taken over by external (less popular ) actors.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Lol I've been saying this for what seems like years! If Storm, as leader of the X-Men and a beacon of hope for mutants in general, was backed by the full might of Wakanda, there would have been no room for the Cyclops and Emma Frost show. Instead of telling the truth and admitting to just not being interested in her or what her marriage really brought to the table, we were given the excuse that she could not be written to full capacity because she lived in Wakanda. That's what we were led to believe, and some fell for it hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine the fan reaction. Lol it's crazy. I can't wait to see how his story turns out. I'm definitely here for it.
    Nothing but truth in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is how AvX should have gone. lol

Agreed Lolol.

Just to clarify:

Storm can manipulate the weather and her powers down to the Molecular level or Chemical level? I get these two mixed up.
    Molecular level, or when she manipulated hydrogen atoms in space or rearranging unstable molecules.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw the BP film yesterday and I loved it. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo on screen together one day.
    Seeing it today and it will happen don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    From Toy Fair.

Loves this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    This is over-interpretation at best. Nothing Hudlin said invalidates the other reason, nor would it automatically make Cyclops & Emma redundant. But if that was the intent, thank goodness it didn't go through!
    In theory, many powers in the Marvel Universe could tackle or solve whatever issues mutants (or Wakanda, for that matter) are facing but that's irrelevant. It may have helped the BP franchise but no fan of a series wants to see its core themes and struggles taken over by external (less popular ) actors.
    Not sure you can say that about BP now being less popular especially after this weekend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

So, Mutant Queen Storm, and well established leader of the X-men is somehow would not have cause trouble for the running narrative of King Cyclops and Queen Emma? You honestly don't think so? Oh ok...

And how on earth could, would or should Storm be considered a "less popular actor taking over themes and struggles" that fit her character all too well? This isn't so much about Hudlin's narrative with Storm as it is the X-office's complete lack of direction for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Nothing but truth in this post.

Agreed Lolol.

Molecular level, or when she manipulated hydrogen atoms in space or rearranging unstable molecules.

Seeing it today and it will happen don't worry.

Loves this.

Not sure you can say that about BP now being less popular especially after this weekend.
    Lol there's no stopping his train now! We as fans of Storm could only hope to reach his levels of unpopularity. It's so funny to watch people deny the potential her title held in the MU. Especially considering that Jean Grey is filling out that role. Of course, she hasn't fully immersed herself in it. But she's testing the waters. But none of that was possible for Storm after WAP? Lol but Storm's an outsider taking over themes that don't belong to her? Isn't this the same person that was trying to convince people that Storm should have zero feelings about gentrification?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Molecule level. Though she can manipulate electrons a subatomic particle. .
    Ok, I thought so. I was getting the Chemical and Molecular mixed up.

BANNED

Manipulating the vast amounts of energy under her dominion down to the molecular level is ridiculously overpowered. That's why she is The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things. The once and future Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! Wakanda Forever!

Lol there's no stopping his train now! We as fans of Storm could only hope to reach his levels of unpopularity. It's so funny to watch people deny the potential her title held in the MU. Especially considering that Jean Grey is filling out that role. Of course, she hasn't fully immersed herself in it. But she's testing the waters. But none of that was possible for Storm after WAP? Lol but Storm's an outsider taking over themes that don't belong to her? Isn't this the same person that was trying to convince people that Storm should have zero feelings about gentrification?

Yes it's absolutely insane and what's funny/ironic is Jean is using tchalla to achieve her goals, a man she has zero interaction with prior to red. And she could have done it after wap but the x offices were intent on destroying the marriage as opposed to using it as a vehicle to bridge the gap between humans and mutants alike. And Lolol yes I think you are right about the gentrification point. Absolute absurdity.

Ok, I thought so. I was getting the Chemical and Molecular mixed up.
    No problem
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, Mutant Queen Storm, and well established leader of the X-men is somehow would not have cause trouble for the running narrative of King Cyclops and Queen Emma? You honestly don't think so? Oh ok...

And how on earth could, would or should Storm be considered a "less popular actor taking over themes and struggles" that fit her character all too well? This isn't so much about Hudlin's narrative with Storm as it is the X-office's complete lack of direction for her.
    Emma and Scott were running a school, not every mutant lived there (or even in Utopia later on), there were other books, with other threats, that didn't involve Scott or Emma. I don't see why it needed to be different, especially if Storm was also busy doing queen stuff in Wakanda.

By "external, less popular actor", I was obviously referring to BP and Wakanda, you know like Hudlin in his answer. Notice how he didn't mention HER as an actor, just how their marriage would prompt HIM to act on an international level and thus provoke "World War Wakanda" (now that I think of it, it would not only have affected the X-books but potentially every big franchise, no wonder it didn't get the greenlight).
    And it makes sense because it was his book, not "Storm & Black Panther". It always comes back to the same problem. Storm is a powerful character coming from a very popular franchise with a rich backstory. If used to her full potential she'll completely overshadow Tchalla, if not her fans will understandably cry foul.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 02-17-2018 at 01:29 PM.

And it's great but the books aren't there yet, are they?

And it's great but the books aren't there yet, are they?
    The number of people who saw the BP movie far eclipses the number of people who read the current xmen books. Book sales mean nothing in relation to popularity when you consider the movies reach a lot further than the books.

The number of people who saw the BP movie far eclipses the number of people who read the current xmen books. Book sales mean nothing in relation to popularity when you consider the movies reach a lot further than the books.
    In the context of this conversation (ie Storm's marriage in BP and its impact on the X-books) it's the opposite. Ticket sales mean jack if they don't translate into book sales.