• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Manipulating the vast amounts of energy under her dominion down to the molecular level is ridiculously overpowered. That's why she is The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things. The once and future Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! Wakanda Forever!
    Storm controls the elements down to the atomic level!
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/j-HM8r-zObz...sfMj-8IC=s1600

And the sub-atomic level, like the time she created clothing for herself out of thin air via electron manipulation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    In the context of this conversation (ie Storm's marriage in BP and its impact on the X-books) it's the opposite. Ticket sales mean jack if they don't translate into book sales.
    storms marriage was sabotaged by the x offices but if you are looking at book sales right now none of the xmen are popular.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Emma and Scott were running a school, not every mutant lived there (or even in Utopia later on), there were other books, with other threats, that didn't involve Scott or Emma. I don't see why it needed to be different, especially if Storm was also busy doing queen stuff in Wakanda.

By "external, less popular actor", I was obviously referring to BP and Wakanda, you know like Hudlin in his answer. Notice how he didn't mention HER as an actor, just how their marriage would prompt HIM to act on an international level and thus provoke "World War Wakanda" (now that I think of it, it would not only have affected the X-books but potentially every other franchise).
    And it makes sense because it was his book, not "Storm & Black Panther". It always comes back to the same problem. Storm is a powerful character coming from a very popular franchise with a rich backstory. If written to her full potential she'll completely overshadow Tchalla, if not her fans will understandably cry foul.
    I'm not even sure what's happening right now. I have a series of questions, but before I ask, I wanna reiterate that this isn't so much about Hudlin's narrative for Storm in the pages of Black Panther. It's about the X-office and their lack of direction for her following the marriage.

How are you trying debunk the notion that Cyclops and Emma (by way of her relationship to Scott) were portrayed as king and Queen of mutants? Cyclops says he's gonna look after his kingdom in WAP. And Emma is referenced as Queen of mutants under Matt Fraction in the same issue in which Storm tells her to lead if she wants to be QUEEN. So what was your point there?

You reference Storm being busy doing Queenly things as a reason for why she wasn't present. (Irony being you're reinforcing my earlier point) Ok, and? I'm specifically calling into question why she wasn't shown doing her queenly things in a fashion similar to Jean Grey's new team book? On the X-men side of things, tho. Especially considering, I'm referencing WAP. A mini which sets the stage for a Storm that confirms that she's fully capable of being Queen and an X-man. So why again are you not focusing on a Storm led X-book in the same vain as Jean Grey? I'm struggling with the idea that Hudlin ever wrote an X-book. Yes, his story of World War Wakanda should and would have affected other titles. Most notably the X-men. But my point is that Storm should have been the unwavering mutant force that she always was. And that is what we Storm fans should have been given. But she wasn't afforded that opportunity as the first female leader of the X-men. She was relegated to taking orders from Cyclops and Emma as opposed to taking action. Its a theme that's heavily prevalent leading up to IvX. But as I mentioned a few times prior, Jean Grey came back in a leadership position, Storm did not. Especially when it made all the sense in the world, narratively speaking.

How is Wakanda unfit to take up the mutant banner when Nehzno is in their ranks? Am I reading your post correctly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm not even sure what's happening right now. I have a series of questions, but before I ask, I wanna reiterate that this isn't so much about Hudlin's narrative for Storm in the pages of Black Panther. It's about the X-office and their lack of direction for her following the marriage.

How are you trying debunk the notion that Cyclops and Emma (by way of her relationship to Scott) were portrayed as king and Queen of mutants? Cyclops says he's gonna look after his kingdom in WAP. And Emma is referenced as Queen of mutants under Matt Fraction in the same issue in which Storm tells her to lead if she wants to be QUEEN. So what was your point there?

You reference Storm being busy doing Queenly things as a reason for why she wasn't present. (Irony being you're reinforcing my earlier point) Ok, and? I'm specifically calling into question why she wasn't shown doing her queenly things in a fashion similar to Jean Grey's new team book? On the X-men side of things, tho. Especially considering, I'm referencing WAP. A mini which sets the stage for a Storm that confirms that she's fully capable of being Queen and an X-man. So why again are you not focusing on a Storm led X-book in the same vain as Jean Grey? I'm struggling with the idea that Hudlin ever wrote an X-book. Yes, his story of World War Wakanda should and would have affected other titles. Most notably the X-men. But my point is that Storm should have been the unwavering mutant force that she always was. And that is what we Storm fans should have been given. But she wasn't afforded that opportunity as the first female leader of the X-men. She was relegated to taking orders from Cyclops and Emma as opposed to taking action. Its a theme that's heavily prevalent leading up to IvX. But as I mentioned a few times prior, Jean Grey came back in a leadership position, Storm did not. Especially when it made all the sense in the world, narratively speaking.

How is Wakanda unfit to take up the mutant banner when Nehzno is in their ranks? Am I reading your post correctly?
    You're just telling it like it is! Even Xavier told Storm on her wedding day that she became the most important mutant in the world. It would have been the perfect time to set Storm with her own X-Men book doing what Jean is taking on in Red. Claremont could have written that book for Storm and an international team of mutants she pulls together for her own X-Men group.

Marvel never did anything with the ramifications of an X-Man leader becoming a head of state and Queen of the most powerful nation on the Earth.

Edit: This book would be especially good for Storm right now as it fits well into the established canon of the character with all of the roles she has played over the years (leader, convinced the UN to sanction her X-Men team, former head of state, etc) andthey aren't doing anything with her in Gold right now except giving her a bunch of naps so she doesn't outshine Kitty.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-17-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storms marriage was sabotaged but the x offices but if you are looking at book sales right now none of the xmen are popular.
    Considering the number of titles out there (several of them bi-monthly) BP still doesn't compare. But again, that isn't the main point. Hijacking the x-books' main plot in BP like BBeeryan suggested would have been terribly received. The Inhuman debacle was bad enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You're just telling it like it is! Even Xavier told Storm on her wedding day that she became the most important mutant in the world. It would have been the perfect time to set Storm with her own X-Men book doing what Jean is taking on in Red. Claremont could have written that book for Storm and an international team of mutants she pulls together for her own X-Men group.

Marvel never did anything with the ramifications of an X-Man leader becoming a head of state and Queen of the most powerful nation on the Earth.
    Exactly this post. World War Wakanda would have had great implications for T'Challa. It's weird that some folks only focus on that. But Storm went into her marriage with the clout from years upon years of leading mutants and protecting a world that hates and fears them. She is, was and always will be capable of holding her own on a world stage. The might if Wakanda only enhanced her portfolio. As Lutecius reluctantly pointed out, World War Wakanda, and the marriage by default should have affected multiple books across multiple lines. Storm's face should have been shown at every table discussing mutant rights and protection under the law. But fans too wrapped up in their distaste for BP can't seem to be honest with themselves. You see how I have to trick them into admitting the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just to clarify:

Storm can manipulate the weather and her powers down to the Molecular level or Chemical level? I get these two mixed up.
    Subatomic level. She can isolate electrons.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

Edit: This book would be especially good for Storm right now as it fits well into the established canon of the character with all of the roles she has played over the years (leader, convinced the UN to sanction her X-Men team, former head of state, etc) andthey aren't doing anything with her in Gold right now except giving her a bunch of naps so she doesn't outshine Kitty.
    Hudlin appeared to be the only one who cared or wanted this marriage to be. In the xbooks at the time the x offices were showing storm begging Emma of all people to take orders from her. I don't know if I would have wanted to see her doing what Jean is doing now (Jean vision of a mutant nation is still not what Xavier dreamed fought and died for) but it would have been nice to see her fighting for a world, not just a nation for mutants, where all people mutants and humans could be treated as equals.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Considering the number of titles out there (several of them bi-monthly) BP still doesn't compare. But again, that isn't the main point. Hijacking the x-books' main plot in BP like BBeeryan suggested would have been terribly received. The Inhuman debacle was bad enough.
    Claremont was apparently terribly received and he made most if not all of xmen most iconic stories. How it could have been received doesn't mean it should not have been explored.

I just got back from the theater, BP was pretty dope. Not perfect, but overall really great. That said, other than BP and company finding a teenaged Ororo in a scene, I don't think Wakanda is the place for her. That train is moving, and she's not on it. It must pass. I am definitely looking forward to the X-Men coming home to Marvel/Disney, though. If they put this MCU engine behind Storm and the X-Men, it's gonna be awesome.

Freaking fantastic movie, loved Nakia and BP as a couple if I'm honest I'm not too sure them breaking up to make room for Storm would be the best option, but at the same time I'd love for Storm to be a part of Wakanda.

Don't know, I don't see them becoming a couple due to the likely age difference, but I want her to be a part of this masterpiece sooo baaad.

BANNED

How could Storm realistically be considered a hijacker? How could T'Challa ever be seen as a hijacker considering that his wife is the most prominent mutant female in the MU? How could aligning himself with an ideological pov that greater reflects that of his QUEEN be considered hijacking? How is this scenario in any way comparable to that of the Inhumans? IvX was about death to mutants and degradation of her character (name an instance in which her character was respected throughout the Inhuman debacle). World War Wakanda is built on a foundation of preservation of life for all mutants and reverence for her character (he's doing it for the love and respect of his wife). Sometimes I'm not sure if marriage detractors actually read my posts?

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Freaking fantastic movie, loved Nakia and BP as a couple if I'm honest I'm not too sure them breaking up to make room for Storm would be the best option, but at the same time I'd love for Storm to be a part of Wakanda.

Don't know, I don't see them becoming a couple due to the likely age difference, but I want her to be a part of this masterpiece sooo baaad.
    As awesome as Wakanda was in this film, I feel like Storm would be on this whole other level. Even with T'Challa's advancements/powerups, Storm(at her full force) just operates on an entirely higher level. I really think more than ever that Ororo needs her own solo film to flesh out her own point of view and history, and if she then teams up with T'Challa/Wakanda in an Avengers movie or in a cross-over appearance, so be it, but Storm needs her own foundation. She needs her goddess origin, and she needs her mother's culture as witch-queens highlighted. Adversary and/or Shadow King are great villains for that, not to mention an Apocalypse cameo/glimpse(in Cairo), and her uncle Shetani can be a good lower tier boss.

I think a period of Storm losing her powers and regaining them could be excellent on film, even over a couple or even several movies. Mohawk Storm was a badass, and that's where she really grew as a leader too(Mutant Massacre, for example). Thor lost his powers in his first movie, only to have then be restored within the same movie(and he later gets his hammer destroyed and everything that goes wrong in Ragnorak) I think if Storm lost her powers in a dramatic moment in one movie, then the next movie struggled without, finding her inner strength, and then have a third movie where she has her powers restored would be an amazing arc.

If they had been making the X-Men films in order, with good development, that could have been a great second trilogy arc for her. I would want to see Storm in a few MCU films with her powers at full force before they take them away, but I do think it would be cool and I would buy a ticket to see powerless Storm take down Crimson Commando, Silver Sabre, and Stonewall, or pick a lock with her tongue, or stab Callisto in the heart, or beat Cyke in the Danger Room. That's what makes Ororo so great, she is still formidable even without all the special effects!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As awesome as Wakanda was in this film, I feel like Storm would be on this whole other level. Even with T'Challa's advancements/powerups, Storm(at her full force) just operates on an entirely higher level. I really think more than ever that Ororo needs her own solo film to flesh out her own point of view and history, and if she then teams up with T'Challa/Wakanda in an Avengers movie or in a cross-over appearance, so be it, but Storm needs her own foundation. She needs her goddess origin, and she needs her mother's culture as witch-queens highlighted. Adversary and/or Shadow King are great villains for that, not to mention an Apocalypse cameo/glimpse(in Cairo), and her uncle Shetani can be a good lower tier boss.

I think a period of Storm losing her powers and regaining them could be excellent on film, even over a couple or even several movies. Mohawk Storm was a badass, and that's where she really grew as a leader too(Mutant Massacre, for example). Thor lost his powers in his first movie, only to have then be restored within the same movie(and he later gets his hammer destroyed and everything that goes wrong in Ragnorak) I think if Storm lost her powers in a dramatic moment in one movie, then the next movie struggled without, finding her inner strength, and then have a third movie where she has her powers restored would be an amazing arc.

If they had been making the X-Men films in order, with good development, that could have been a great second trilogy arc for her. I would want to see Storm in a few MCU films with her powers at full force before they take them away, but I do think it would be cool and I would buy a ticket to see powerless Storm take down Crimson Commando, Silver Sabre, and Stonewall, or pick a lock with her tongue, or stab Callisto in the heart, or beat Cyke in the Danger Room. That's what makes Ororo so great, she is still formidable even without all the special effects!
    Maybe it would be cool if T'Challa called for help from her on a foe too much even for Wakanda or something, but I agree she and her history need to be fleshed out before anything.

Oh thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only one lol. I mean I love her cutting full force but the stories of her that really stuck with me did not involve them.

Agreed, she needs to be with the X-Men for a while before she does her whole self finding thing, I especially want her to be leading without her powers so I'm guessing something needs to happen to Cyke before she does. Unless they make her leader early on which would be awesome but not likely. I'm kind of salty that she was only a backup leader in TAS, I really hope they don't do the same (but thanks again to the awesomeness of BP's movie it would be a shock if they kept her back).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I absolutely agree with this post. I'm passionate about Storm getting a showing in Wakanda, because, why not? Lol o was completely blown away by the feel of it. But I certainly agree that she deserves to be fleshed out in her own corner. Her maternal line offers more than enough material to give us a damn good origin story. I agree that when Storm let's loose she needs to be a step above what we got from this movie. When she cuts loose it needs to be Wakanda x1000. I am still is awe the Black excellence Wakanda was serving. The Dora Milaje were gorgeous! The Jabari tribe men were fantastic physical specimens. I just loved the whole feel of it. Okoye I fell in love with. My goddess of war. Queen Nakia set my heart ablaze. My goddess of love. Princess Shuri stole my heart away completely. My goddess of wisdom. My heart would like nothing more than Storm to get a showing amongst this awesome cast. But I can easily make peace with Queen Nakia sitting the throne beside King T'Challa. Your post needs to happen tho. All of it.