• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i think with all the black phanter buzz storm will have a really great role in the comics, maybe even have her own series, we have wainted for so long
    I’m really hoping that your right and that it translates as a reflection in the comics, because Storm is serially underutilized. I’m very excited about the solo book coming out as I said I hope with this one they make it an ongoing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    The Dr. Strange animated film they did was excellent. I would love to see an X-Men story done like that. They even had a Storm-centric magic character on it. It had a very X-Men feel to it.
    Omg I would die for an animated adaptation of World's Apart and her first solo. Of course there would need to be a few tweaks here and there to make it flow seamlessly. But it could definitely be done. There are quite a few gems laid out by Yost and Pak. It would be a treat to see an amalgamation of their Storm on screen.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I need this Storm solo so I can give her all my coins. I can’t wait to get the first issue. I need this to be an ONGOING as well not just 12 issues.

This is cute I like it lots, I thought Rachel(Prestige) was a villain.
    If only Ryan North and erica Henderson were the ones who wrote the first Storm ongoing solo, we would still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hate the run but I would have liked to see her JGS/X-Force look included. I liked it a lot. Not as iconic as the ones mentioned though.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is actually cute. Gives me orange is the new black vibes. Too bad the issue won't be. Lol
    And let’s see if Guggenheim remembers Storm’s combat skills and the fact that she is a master thief and escape artist....

I doubt he will. we’ll probably see Kitty pick the locks and kick ass while carrying Storm on her back lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Omg I would die for an animated adaptation of World's Apart and her first solo. Of course there would need to be a few tweaks here and there to make it flow seamlessly. But it could definitely be done. There are quite a few gems laid out by Yost and Pak. It would be a treat to see an amalgamation of their Storm on screen.
    An animated adaptation of World's Apart would be great. Seeing Storm take center stage would be awesome.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    An animated adaptation of World's Apart would be great. Seeing Storm take center stage would be awesome.
    That would be awesome! That story would be an ideal intro/reintro to Storm. I’d add to it

- Some Ororo:Before the Storm for up upbringing before X-Men
    - Classic Marvel Team-Up #100 for her meeting of BP and snippets of her saving people from oppression (and famine) prior to joining the X-Men (focusing not only her developing powers but also on the compassionate idealist she started out as
    - a couple of critical X-Men story moments (meeting Charles, becoming Storm of the GSXM, defeating Callisto and Storm/Cyclops/Corsair killing the Sidri - moments to highlight the depth of her relationship w/ the X-Men and where her competent leadership was acknowledged and influenced into a still fiercely compassionate though now much more pragmatic)

and then extend her Dora Milage and X-Men fights a bit more keeping the rest of story as is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Me too. Xmen worlds part, the animated series would generate a new million of Storm fans.

BANNED

So, in another thread, I was discussing Storm's agility and speed. Here is a post I made:

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm felt that the best way to decide who shall lead between herself and Cyclops is with a duel (note that Scott did not disagree with her assessment in this):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/mTPWhWtho4x...I18LVkIa=s1600

I guess she felt that way because whoever won would decide who had the best strategic mind as powerless Storm would be on an equal footing with Powered Cyclops given her superior agility and H2H combat skills vs. his mutant power. Storm won. Yup, she's the best leader!

Notice as well how Scott describes Storm as being "as fast and agile as a cat": http://2.bp.blogspot.com/GJS-HDSniAr...AQNV3hpR=s1600

Again, what I think Claremont did with Storm was take elements from the original character design where she was going to have feline powers (be able to shape-shift into a house cat and a panther) to boost Ororo's speed and agility so that she was a premier H2H fighter.

Here, we see some of Storm's superior strategic battle skills over Scott's:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/SOxGZ51n3p_...9XlQrIHf=s1600

Now, here's the thing. All Cyclops has are eye beams. He could have used the terrain like Storm did as well during this fight to stage an ambush attack, but he's not as clever as she is to use that cover. Yup, Storm is the superior tactician.
    Then you also have this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/RNhD7a-Bt1D...0DijNgvE=s1600

I think this goes a ways to explain how powerless Storm was able to beat people with stats like Captain America/Black Panther as well as other characters with superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    So, in another thread, I was discussing Storm's agility and speed. Here is a post I made:

Then you also have this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/RNhD7a-Bt1D...0DijNgvE=s1600

I think this goes a ways to explain how powerless Storm was able to beat people with stats like Captain America/Black Panther as well as other characters with superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes.
    For the most part I agree. There is also the showing from UXMFC where she explains that her reflexes and coordination were well above a normal human level.

The only canon counter-points to your post above are:

- Captain America and Black Panther are not superhuman (BP might be to a certain degree now after Doom War, but I that if anything it would be only his strength based on feats)
    - The only superhumans she has fought are Ursa Major and Nighteyes, and those fights were way to brief too use as proof for her being able to fight superhumans (i.e. Nighteyes didn't leverage vamp speed in their fight)

Ultimately - It doesn't change or refute your points. Storm doesn't need to be superhuman to dodge Cyclops' beams (multiple people have done it) so as much as his fans hate it the fight is still a credible showing for Storm. H2H I have always thought of them as rivals and that they are close in skill level. However, based on who they have been battle-tested against while not leveraging their powers, Storm has the better resume.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-24-2018 at 10:36 PM.

BANNED

I was thinking beings like these: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/R-uSty63_oO...m-hjxdFW=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/X1wrdJ-PU0D...3tQpgjQu=s1600 and the eyekillers would likely have strength well beyond human, but I am just going by them being demons and all to base that assumption on. I could be completely wrong, though.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-24-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Annual Top 10 Marvel Characters Voting Thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3480788

Attachment 62630

Anok Yai
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Great minds do think alike. I was just looking at a pic of her and wondering if she can act.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.