• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Is that canon?
    Yes it is canon
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Is that canon?
    Its canon. Per Claremont it takes place shortly after issue # 173 (4th response from the bottom w/ CBR interview with Claremont):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...-men-gold/amp/
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Just read X-Men Gold and I must say:

Actually, this one was very enjoyable. I like the trope of a good well known hero gets thrown in jail for reasons unknown only to find out he goes to the jail we’re all the inmates the hero has had a part putting them in. Pretty cool.

Iceman’s Team is pretty decent tho they lack direction and leadership. I laughed when Iceman said Magneto has been beating him since he was twelve LOL yeah he’s been beating ALL the x-Men. And that’s because none of the X-Men would go for the jugular so to speak the killing blow. And they All hold back Anyway.

I LOVE STORM’s look in the Prison Jumpsuit. It’s funny because I can’t wait to see Storm and great leader Kitty and Rachel Mop the floor with these people. But IF these 3 X-Ladies lose IN COMBAT?? There goes 30 plus years of learning martial arts going DOWN THE DRAIN -_- (Lookin at you Storm better not lose)

Anyway, I liked it 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yes it is canon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Its canon. Per Claremont it takes place shortly after issue # 173 (4th response from the bottom w/ CBR interview with Claremont):

Awesome thanks you two I’m definitely going to use this.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Actually, this one was very enjoyable. I like the trope of a good well known hero gets thrown in jail for reasons unknown only to find out he goes to the jail we’re all the inmates the hero has had a part putting them in. Pretty cool.

Iceman’s Team is pretty decent tho they lack direction and leadership. I laughed when Iceman said Magneto has been beating him since he was twelve LOL yeah he’s been beating ALL the x-Men. And that’s because none of the X-Men would go for the jugular so to speak the killing blow. And they All hold back Anyway.

I LOVE STORM’s look in the Prison Jumpsuit. It’s funny because I can’t wait to see Storm and great leader Kitty and Rachel Mop the floor with these people. But IF these 3 X-Ladies lose IN COMBAT?? There goes 30 plus years of learning martial arts going DOWN THE DRAIN -_- (Lookin at you Storm better not lose)

Anyway, I liked it 7/10

I like Iceman, I like Rogue.. but that team is a no.. Only POC is Armor.. I cant.. this man made Cipher but wont use her. All the other folks he could use.. Hijack, Moonstar, Karma, prolly warpath too, hell use Goldballs.. Cece was around but now she vanished. Why cant she be on the team.. CeCe and Iceman have history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I like Iceman, I like Rogue.. but that team is a no.. Only POC is Armor.. I cant.. this man made Cipher but wont use her. All the other folks he could use.. Hijack, Moonstar, Karma, prolly warpath too, hell use Goldballs.. Cece was around but now she vanished. Why cant she be on the team.. CeCe and Iceman have history.
    Mmm true I see what you mean, the team they had I’m cool with it either way.

BANNED

Anyway, I liked it 7/10

You like it? Hurray!

Anyway, I liked it 7/10

Me too sis, me too. That ponytail is life. now if only they would go further down the pallet with her skin.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Did you mean this one:

I don't know if this is considered canon though.
    Fear Hadari Yao, All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things in all her elemental fury!!!

Anyway, I liked it 7/10

There was a lot wrong with this issue starting with tension between Callisto and Kitty. I mean even if Kitty had issue with her, Ororo as of her solo was friendly with Callisto so her talking trash about her as if she is still a villain seems way off.

Another thing of concern, why is nightcrawler so concerned with Ororo being in a pin with hostiles when she is an accomplished h2h. His comments gave off the air she couldn't handle herself unless she had her powers. Did he forget just how badass she was a leader when she had no power?

There was yet another thing that was more nuanced but was still something that annoyed me. Guggs used language to describe the god that was similar to the language used to describe storm:

I find it so annoying that he can take a character and use language similar to her for a God all the while make her so incredibly weak in comparison to her previous showings. It's just so comical.

And this new team is more white than the last with Ororo. Imma need the xmen to be more inclusive when it comes to people other than white men and women. And the art was horrendous, I mean Storm seriously looks like a white woman with a light tan. That was the one thing gold had going for it was the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Thanks boo for providing the evidence.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Does anyone have scans of Storm from the most recent issue of X-men: Gold?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does anyone have scans of Storm from the most recent issue of X-men: Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ole girl and Rachel are practically the same color. SMH. Time to get this mess on twitter
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 03-07-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Ole girl and Rachel are practically the same color. SMH. Time to get this mess on twitter
    Lmao it's funny because it's true

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Hopefully when the X-Men are in the MCU and they cast a dark skinned actress, we'll be done with this nonsense.

BANNED

I LOVE THAT JUMPSUIT!!!! Storm is rockin that