• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

She's cute but no

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So the hour glass figure is now thick? Interesting...

See, I wouldn't call Storm dark skinned. She is certainly darker than what we've seen on screen so far, and I'd love to see her portrayed as such. However, hen I hear dark skinned, I think of someone like this beauty here.

Attachment 63202

If you use the chart below, I've always thought Storm was the Earth 1 - 5 range. To me, that's not dark skinned.

Attachment 63203
    Slim thick. Not thick.

Lol. What! I'm in the earth 1-5 range and I'm dark skinned. Dark skinned comes in all shades, not just the image of the model you used. That's not the only shade of dark skin.

On my best day I'm a lighter Koudia Diop without the glow
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Once again , fellow Storm fans, i know you all know that i imagine Storm having a lighter dark skin than any black character in Marvel Comics. But im really fine witha Storm actress having a darker skintone for as long as she's tall and beautiful.

But my question is, shouldnt it be ok if we get a lighter dark skintoned actress to play as Storm since we will get darker skin toned black actors and actresses for other black characters of xmen and avengers?

i mean why cant we have at least one black character to look like Beyonce since eeve noticed that fox did get a darker skinned actor to play Bishop. Even the MCU hired darker skinned actors and actresses for Nick Fury, War Machine, Black Panthe and the cast of BP movie.
    Valkyrie, Zendaya's MJ, the original War machine, and both Storms are Beyonce's range. We've had plenty of light skinned actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She's cute but no

Please dear goddess no! Keep her far away from my Storm. FAR!

Sigh but who else mainstream wise is going to convey to the masses .

BANNED

Fellow Ororo Munroe aka Storm fans, let us help put the goddess to the top spot.

On this link: http://community.comicbookresources....vel-Characters

Storm is currently ranked 6.

we need to vote for Storm.

Please post your top 10 favorite hero/heroine (no villains allowed) Marvel Comics characters here: http://community.comicbookresources....VEL-CHARACTERS

So that the next update, Storm's ranking will be higher.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 03-11-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    No. Storm has been depicted as a dark skinned Black Woman in the comics from day one and it’s way past time a dark skinned black woman plays her on film. I won’t accept anything less.
    Why? She has never been lite-bright, Storm is consider a mid brown, not dark.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-11-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

And Storm fans who havent voted on this one: http://community.comicbookresources....omicdom/page18

Please vote for your favorite female character in all comicdom which is Ororo Munroe aka Storm.. You only have to vote once and that's equal to 5 points.

1. Is there a thread on how Marvel Studies writers could or should integrate Storm, mutants, and the X-Men into the universe of the MCU?

2. Given that integration, what is Storm's essential cinematic story? Iron Man dealt with the consequences of exploiting his creativity and ego. Captain America struggled with duty, loyalty, authority, and truth. Star-Lord learned to make a family, and then forgiveness. Black Panther resolved to buck tradition having learned its failings.

Storm, under Claremont, challenged her strict ethical limitations to become a better leader of the X-Men. Without the context of the X-Men, what is Storm about?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Have you not read it yet??? You need to go pick it up it was a good issue.

And I hope so too. Enough with the foxmen
    I been avoiding anything Coates. You know me. But may read it. Like I said I give him credit for knowing how to write a good Storm

But addressing Storm being light skin or not... Whether Storm is dark skinned(i.e Lupita's complexion) or not, she was NOT as light as the actresses who played her in the Fox films.

BANNED

Storms skin color doesn’t actually matter. In the movies because in comic Her pigmentation changes by every writer. The only reason it doesn’t matter because everyone knows she’s the only black female in the X-Men that EVERYONE knows.

She could be light skinned ask someone if they know who Storm is “Oh isn’t she that black lady with white hair?” Lol

If you don't think the shade of Storms skin matters, than you're missing the point. I've waited so long to see dark skinned black women in a leading role in a comic book film. BP finally gave me and many other girls and women that. Now it's time for the X-Men movies to do their part.

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Attachment 63202

If you use the chart below, I've always thought Storm was the Earth 1 - 5 range. To me, that's not dark skinned.

Attachment 63203

You can definitely see examples of various skin hues/tones for Storm over the years(with various colorist, not writers or even pencilers really deciding that at all, editors and colorists primarily), and of even the same pages when you consider various printing technologies, various digital recoloring that has happened over the years, etc. However, if you go back to her original showing in Giant Sized and her early X-Men appearances, I'd say she was intended to be a more 2-3, 3-4. Most in that area of the world(southwestern Kenya) would be even darker, but she's still a healthy shade.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!