10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storms skin color doesn’t actually matter. In the movies because in comic Her pigmentation changes by every writer. The only reason it doesn’t matter because everyone knows she’s the only black female in the X-Men that EVERYONE knows.

She could be light skinned ask someone if they know who Storm is “Oh isn’t she that black lady with white hair?” Lol

It does matter because she is African+African-American. No offense to biracials but in the comics she is NOT biracial like the actresses who played her. Unless someone can show me Storm having a non-black parent.

More importantly Storm has CONSISTENTLY been drawn with dark brown skin by many writers. The same complexion as say Kenya Moore. In not just comics but also animated shows and other entertainment.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I been avoiding anything Coates. You know me. But may read it. Like I said I give him credit for knowing how to write a good Storm

But addressing Storm being light skin or not... Whether Storm is dark skinned(i.e Lupita's complexion) or not, she was NOT as light as the actresses who played her in the Fox films.
    Try and give the issue a try u may like it.

And storm is a dark skinned woman. I see her being the shade of Naomi Campbell or Danai Guierra, or Viola Davis. Her being shown accurately is important because for far too long the only time you see a woman of color is if she was mixed looking like Beyonce, Rihanna, or Halle. Dark skinned women can be strong, intelligent, beautiful, and desirable but you wouldn't get a sense of this from Hollywood. So that's why it's important, just as black panther was to contradicting the narrative that black movies aren't successful in global market. Showcasing a dark skinned woman contradicts the idea dark skinned women can't be powerful or attractive or desired. Moreover Storm canonically is a dark skinned woman so it would be nice to see this captured on the movies.

https://www.themarysue.com/dark-skinned-storm/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Try and give the issue a try u may like it.

And storm is a dark skinned woman. I see her being the shade of Naomi Campbell or Danai Guierra, or Viola Davis. Her being shown accurately is important because for far too long the only time you see a woman of color is if she was mixed looking like Beyonce, Rihanna, or Halle. Dark skinned women can be strong, intelligent, beautiful, and desirable but you wouldn't get a sense of this from Hollywood. So that's why it's important, just as black panther was to contradicting the narrative that black movies aren't successful in global market. Showcasing a dark skinned woman contradicts the idea dark skinned women can't be powerful or attractive or desired. Moreover Storm canonically is a dark skinned woman so it would be nice to see this captured on the movies.

https://www.themarysue.com/dark-skinned-storm/
    Going to read it online after I finish eating. Anyways agreed 100% that Storm should be showed as a dark skinned woman. I know this has been beaten to death. But really. What I like about the Black Panther film is that it showed STRONG and BEAUTIFUL dark skinned Black women. Now I am hearing Asians who were interviewed about the film saying "Black women can be beautiful too." I think the Black Panther is slowly making being a dark skinned women COOL in this type of genre. And hopefully when Storm comes to the MCU she is influenced by this. I trust Marvel studios.

Anyways has there been ANY recent infos/interviews regarding her solo?

Storms skin color doesn’t actually matter. In the movies because in comic Her pigmentation changes by every writer. The only reason it doesn’t matter because everyone knows she’s the only black female in the X-Men that EVERYONE knows.

She could be light skinned ask someone if they know who Storm is “Oh isn’t she that black lady with white hair?” Lol
    It does matter. If Storm is brown/dark-skinned then that is how she should be drawn and that's how she should be cast. There is a serious problem with the lightning of black characters at Marvel, specifically mutants.

It does matter because she is African+African-American. No offense to biracials but in the comics she is NOT biracial like the actresses who played her. Unless someone can show me Storm having a non-black parent.

More importantly Storm has CONSISTENTLY been drawn with dark brown skin by many writers. The same complexion as say Kenya Moore. In not just comics but also animated shows and other entertainment.
    Yup. Storm should be a brown/dark-skinned complexion.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Going to read it online after I finish eating. Anyways agreed 100% that Storm should be showed as a dark skinned woman. I know this has been beaten to death. But really. What I like about the Black Panther film is that it showed STRONG and BEAUTIFUL dark skinned Black women. Now I am hearing Asians who were interviewed about the film saying "Black women can be beautiful too." I think the Black Panther is slowly making being a dark skinned women COOL in this type of genre. And hopefully when Storm comes to the MCU she is influenced by this. I trust Marvel studios.

Anyways has there been ANY recent infos/interviews regarding her solo?
    I did some looking around and found this. 4:32 mark makes our point why it is important for accurate representation of dark skinned women but the whole video is worth watching :

And the more interesting thing is that this is not endemic to Asian culture. It is something that is engrained in western society as well which is why it has taken so long to see this form of representation in film.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It does matter. If Storm is brown/dark-skinned then that is how she should be drawn and that's how she should be cast. There is a serious problem with the lightning of black characters at Marvel, specifically mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    If you don't think the shade of Storms skin matters, than you're missing the point. I've waited so long to see dark skinned black women in a leading role in a comic book film. BP finally gave me and many other girls and women that. Now it's time for the X-Men movies to do their part.

Look. To YOU it does matter but to the public who don’t know Storm or the character it doesn’t. Perfect example look at the actors played for Storm, both biracial I think. Both have lighter skinned to the public she just a black girl playing a black character role. It doesn’t matter as long as the actress fits the quota of what they want. You can grip and complain how she should look and her skin color should look like this it won’t matter. Clearly Shipp playing Storm proves my point because she isn’t dark skinned yet people recognize her as “oh that’s Storm”.

Look. To YOU it does matter but to the public who don’t know Storm or the character it doesn’t. Perfect example look at the actors played for Storm, both biracial I think. Both have lighter skinned to the public she just a black girl playing a black character role. It doesn’t matter as long as the actress fits the quota of what they want. You can grip and complain how she should look and her skin color should look like this it won’t matter. Clearly Shipp playing Storm proves my point because she isn’t dark skinned yet people recognize her as “oh that’s Storm”.
    I've notice the only people who don't care are the people who act like colorism doesn't exist. Ofcourse people recognize them as Storm, that's the character they play.

"They" recognize it's Storm because that's the name on the credits and most movie goers don't know who Storm is. What does it say about the casting director who chooses not to hire a dark skinned actress to play a dark-skinned character? Is there some kind of implication that a dark-skinned woman is not beautiful or attractive enough to play Storm?

We've seen the backlash against white-washing characters. Are we now going to lighten up black characters who are dark-skinned?

Oh wait, that's already happening in the X-Men comics.

I wouldnt say animated shows bc her most famous portrayal TAS, had her light

Evolution and WATX were better at making her darker but then there was the anime which was clearly inspired by Halle Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt say animated shows bc her most famous portrayal TAS, had her light

Evolution and WATX were better at making her darker but then there was the anime which was clearly inspired by Halle Berry
    I hate absolutely everything about anime Storm. Didn't look like at all.

Sis was serving wire hanger with them shoulder pads
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

IA, she didnt look like Storm

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Id say Storm's physical appearance is similar to Tyra and Naomi.

But id be fine is she'll look like Beyonce.
    Yes, the Naomi-Beyonce spectrum seems about right to me.
    As I've said elsewhere, I also see Storm as a young Campbell in terms of skin tone and features.

Count another vote for statuesque, not "thick". Dark-skinned but not "blue-black".

Who was the guy doing her voice in XM:TAS again?