10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Guys... This is only a cover of Storm and the GHOST of Logan. It is probably a mataphorical thing. She might only remember her history with Logan while they are looking for his body. Logan may not even show up in this book, maybe in the final issue if much. You are stressing for assumptions only. This is bad for the skin.
    Still an odd cover to put out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Nah, its deeper than that Weather. They're right. How can you count any progress when it will just be ignored. Wow....its not limited to Storm its anyone that leaves to the greater Marvel U and comes back. It makes total sense.

So really any feat Rogue, Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot, Dazzler, Blink etc... does out of the X-books is something that they really cannot do in the X-books. All their feats are regulated only to whatever is done by X-books. Very interesting.
    Exactly. You said it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Waste of time writing her period? No.

Waste of time writing building her profile in the greater MU? Definitely not!

Waste of time writing her in a relationship with a character that the X-Office could hardly give a rats ass about even though said character is the star of a movie that has become a worldwide cultural phenomenon and has grossed a billion, this cementing him as an A-Lister in the Marvel universe? Why yes. Yes it is.
    Saying he a "A" list character probably won't change the way Marvel treats him. His success at the movies will only give him a little boost in the comics...see most of Avengers line up.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Waste of time writing her period? No.

Waste of time writing building her profile in the greater MU? Definitely not!

Waste of time writing her in a relationship with a character that the X-Office could hardly give a rats ass about even though said character is the star of a movie that has become a worldwide cultural phenomenon and has grossed a billion, this cementing him as an A-Lister in the Marvel universe? Why yes. Yes it is.
    Support the stories we want to see through our wallet and not the ones we don't. That is the only way for her trajectory to change.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Actually, Black Claw I Disagree. I say yes. What’s the point of character growth in the greater MU if the other writers like the X-Office don’t care about or acknowledge it. Look at Rogue she is doing GREAT with the Avengers fighting Ultron, Zombie Hulk, Monsters, The Black Order, Celestial ETC ETC. But look what happens to her in Gold she got taken out by a program. -_- Why bring up the point of Storm possibly being a Goddess then in the X-Books you knock her out for reason unknown. Why hint that she tapped into power amongst the Gods, but show her weak and low self esteem in the X-Books.

There is NO communication amongst the Editors. Tomorrow Storm can move the cosmos in BP, but in X-Men they throw a rock at her noggin and she’s taking a nap.
    This is why we as fans should put our dollars towards supporting Coates and not ones that seem to devalue her character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Actually, Black Claw I Disagree. I say yes. What’s the point of character growth in the greater MU if the other writers like the X-Office don’t care about or acknowledge it. Look at Rogue she is doing GREAT with the Avengers fighting Ultron, Zombie Hulk, Monsters, The Black Order, Celestial ETC ETC. But look what happens to her in Gold she got taken out by a program. -_- Why bring up the point of Storm possibly being a Goddess then in the X-Books you knock her out for reason unknown. Why hint that she tapped into power amongst the Gods, but show her weak and low self esteem in the X-Books.

There is NO communication amongst the Editors. Tomorrow Storm can move the cosmos in BP, but in X-Men they throw a rock at her noggin and she’s taking a nap.
    The problem is not a lack of communication. More, its an obsession with Kitty right now in Gold. In order for Kitty to shine in the leadership position, they have to write down the older, more experienced members of the team, especially Ororo. Storm not only outshines Kitty more than any other character on the team in terms of experience, leadership, and powers, but other characters also outshine Kitty in these regards as well. Its all about propping up the favorite characters of the writers and editors and less about what fans want. Note the lackluster sales of Gold right now being in the mid-30k's for last month. That's TERRIBLE for a flagship team X-Men book that isn't a spin-off like X-Force or GenX. It just goes to show that there is a disconnect between what the writers/editors favor and what the fans want to read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The problem is not a lack of communication. More, its an obsession with Kitty right now in Gold. In order for Kitty to shine in the leadership position, they have to write down the older, more experienced members of the team, especially Ororo. Storm not only outshines Kitty more than any other character on the team in terms of experience, leadership, and powers, but other characters also outshine Kitty in these regards as well. Its all about propping up the favorite characters of the writers and editors and less about what fans want. Note the lackluster sales of Gold right now being in the mid-30k's for last month. That's TERRIBLE for a flagship team X-Men book that isn't a spin-off like X-Force or GenX. It just goes to show that there is a disconnect between what the writers/editors favor and what the fans want to read.
    To illustrate my point more, look at the huge downward trajectory in terms of sales: Gold #1 sold well over 100K, IIRC. The most recent issue of Gold sold around 35K. People are simply not buying into this Kitty Pryde crap, but Marvel doesn't care. Instead of changing directions, they just keep trying to shove the same old crap that hardly anybody wants to read down the throats of the consumers. And some peope wonder why comics are a dying market. Go figure!

One more thing: As far as their agenda goes for trying to make Jean the Leading Lady of the X instead of a well-written Storm (and fans prefer a well-written Storm over a well-written Jean by a HUGE margin), if they had given X-Men Red to Ororo instead of Jean, I guarantee the book would have debuted at much higher than 98K. A lineup of Storm, Gambit, Nightcralwer, Namor, Trinary, and Gentle (basically, Jean's team minus the Wolverine knock-offs) would have had much more appeal to a broader and larger readership.
    Last edited by rutog98; 03-13-2018 at 11:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Valkyrie, Zendaya's MJ, the original War machine, and both Storms are Beyonce's range. We've had plenty of light skinned actors.
    But we have more dark skinned actors/actresses. You can start with the BP movie.

BANNED

Here face looks funny
    The moment I saw Storm's face, I knew it's Land's.

I don't like it. But I love the fact that Storm is on the cover.

Oh and the #1 issue shows Storm too.

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 03-14-2018 at 02:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

This is why we as fans should put our dollars towards supporting Coates and not ones that seem to devalue her character.

Oh yes. I’ll make sure I buy mines. But also we need to help promote the book.

Storm looks so unbothered
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2018 at 08:58 AM.

I agree with this...hopefully this issue will put some closure to their relationship. But yeah I think this is an odd choice for a cover

Edit: meant to add I agree with weather’s post
    Last edited by leoseek; 03-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Storm looks so unbothered
    Lololol that's really cute.

**singing** the boy is mine.....

OH just say the King is mine lolol

And yes Ororo just like gurl bye, you ain't worth me even putting this phone up to my ear.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-14-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance....
    To me, there is a chance that this otherwise BLAND costume could in fact be redeemed by having the gold trim on the cape as shown on the cover. That helps it pop ALOT more. I haven't seen any other artists do that. So kudos on that. But that is all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    To me, there is a chance that this otherwise BLAND costume could in fact be redeemed by having the gold trim on the cape as shown on the cover. That helps it pop ALOT more. I haven't seen any other artists do that. So kudos on that. But that is all lol.
    LOL!!!! That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Still an odd cover to put out.
    It very much is an odd couple especially considering she is with Tchalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Nah, its deeper than that Weather. They're right. How can you count any progress when it will just be ignored. Wow....its not limited to Storm its anyone that leaves to the greater Marvel U and comes back. It makes total sense.

So really any feat Rogue, Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot, Dazzler, Blink etc... does out of the X-books is something that they really cannot do in the X-books. All their feats are regulated only to whatever is done by X-books. Very interesting.
    The thing is the thing the other characters are doing outside the xbooks seem to transfer over into the xbooks when they appear there. The same isn't true for Ororo for whatever reason.

Oh yes. I’ll make sure I buy mines. But also we need to help promote the book.
    Agreed.