• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Sleeping with Logan was one of her conditions to becoming headmistress. And she did take orders from him. She sided with him during schism, meaning she followed and took orders from him, instead of forging her own way. My issue is that fans begged for her to come back to the xmen to be treated better but better was her sleeping with Logan, becoming headmistress thereafter, falling for a man who wasnt checking for her nor even thought of her in his last moments on earth, and being an inept leader against a cloud. Instead of getting the star treatment and respect Jean got when she returned (which was well deserved) storm go no development unless it revolvef around her going crazy about Wolverine. How was returning to the xmen better for her? That is my issue.
    I'm here checking for the answer to these pressing questions. To my knowledge not a single person that has been vocal about the marriage ending so that the X-office can "do her right" has answered these questions. Much less bothered to make it convincing. I guess we'll both be waiting for a while still...

Clearly she wasnt the star, but did Storm fans like/dislike her inclusion in Gillen's Uncanny X-men run? Was that better or worse than what was done with her after she joined up with Wolverine following AvX?

I only read All New X-men and Bendis' Uncanny during that time. I stayed from the other titles so have no clue how Storm was treated

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Clearly she wasnt the star, but did Storm fans like/dislike her inclusion in Gillen's Uncanny X-men run? Was that better or worse than what was done with her after she joined up with Wolverine following AvX?

I only read All New X-men and Bendis' Uncanny during that time. I stayed from the other titles so have no clue how Storm was treated
    I liked it for what it was. Granted, she wasn't the star, like you acknowledged, Gillen still had a reason for including her on his team. She wasn't just a diversity hire there. She was there to keep Cyclops in check. That should have been her role immediately upon her return in Astonishing. And that should have led to schism.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm here checking for the answer to these pressing questions. To my knowledge not a single person that has been vocal about the marriage ending so that the X-office can "do her right" has answered these questions. Much less bothered to make it convincing. I guess we'll both be waiting for a while still...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I didn't like gillen and frankly I haven't like many of the x writers with the exception of Yost, willow, pak and wood. There was room for improvement for the aforementioned as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The irony of this post is that YOU base the best version of Storm based off her skin color.

I did. And it's there to be interpreted by anyone willing to look objectively at the facts. Storm was relegated to the back of the X-bus due to who she was banging (BP). People can argue the bullshit about their location (Wakanda) being the reason why Storm's clout was downsized in the X-men, but then why is T'Challa appearing in the X-books now? Isn't Wakand a half a world away? How does T'Challa have the time to schedule his first meeting with Jean Grey? How is it that Storm was given a leadership position only after her legitimate and legal ties to BP and Wakanda were severed? How do you explain T'Challa literally begging for her not to sleep with Wolverine, but not only does she do it, she's given a reward of "greater prominence" in the X-verse? It's very telling when fans wilfully ignore the implications of Storm's character only having value when she's attached to a white male power fantasy. It took for Storm to be linked with Wolverine after publicly shaming BP for her time to lead in the X-verse. After which, both Cyclops and Wolverine were removed from the board so that her leadership would continue without any challenges from veteran X-men leaders. Notice the circumstances are quite similar to her bestie Jean, only she wasn't thrown into a reactionary relationship for her to gain more clout in a new era. Jean Grey came back leading without any forced sexcapades painting her as a woman that sleeps her way to the top. No, Jean came back like a boss and imposed her will on the mutant community in an attempt to make the world a better place. Her narrative when stacked up against that of her bestie, Storm, run very counter to one another. Oh, but I'm sure Storm's race and the race of her choice in sexual partner has absolutely nothing to do with the narrative. Baring, of course, the very glaring evidence to the contrary.
    Okay used what you're saying, I was arguing that she didn't literally earn the title Headmistress and keep it only due to sex.

But I don't see how the only way she could even be considered for the title is if she was paired with him to boost her character though, it wasn't written by Guggs, she would've gotten it whether she was paired with him or not, which she wasn't, that was the only time it clearly happened for a while though that claims from skimming through I could've missed a time. I agree though that Storm shouldn't need to be paired with a popular character to get leading roles and such, but it's not like she was solely "I'm here as wallpaper to bang Wolvie and nothing else". She still got a solo, lead 2 teams and was apart of others and was written pretty well, all for the most part without him. Even before then she was doing good in X-Men by Wood who continued her leading in the next X-Men again not thanks to him. I agree the X-office is intimidated by her race, but no I don't agree that everything that happended to her in the x-verse after her divorce was only due to having sex occasionally with, then for a short time actually dating Wolverine.

Sleeping with Logan was one of her conditions to becoming headmistress.
    Lol, no. No one believes that, not even you.
    I could have thought you were joking if you didn't keep changing your story, like with your use of "trophy". "Her conditions to becoming headmistress" is absurd but also not what you originally implied ie her sleeping with Wolverine to get the job. It sounds like you're trying to win something by jumping from one bad argument to another.

And she did take orders from him. She sided with him during schism, meaning she followed and took orders from him, instead of forging her own way.My issue is that fans begged for her to come back to the xmen to be treated better but better was her sleeping with Logan, becoming headmistress thereafter, falling for a man who wasnt checking for her nor even thought of her in his last moments on earth, and being an inept leader against a cloud. Instead of getting the star treatment and respect Jean got when she returned (which was well deserved) storm go no development unless it revolvef around her going crazy about Wolverine. How was returning to the xmen better for her? That is my issue.
    Storm was still with T'challa during Schism. Joining Cyclops' side had nothing to do with the annulment. And even then, her role in Uncanny was to question Cyclops' decisions if she felt he was going wrong, which she did, and she was clearly shown not taking orders from Cyclops in the other book with Warpath and Psylocke. Again... from one bad argument to another.

My issue is that fans begged for her to come back to the xmen to be treated better but better was her sleeping with Logan, becoming headmistress thereafter, falling for a man who wasnt checking for her nor even thought of her in his last moments on earth, and being an inept leader against a cloud. Instead of getting the star treatment and respect Jean got when she returned (which was well deserved) storm go no development unless it revolvef around her going crazy about Wolverine. How was returning to the xmen better for her? That is my issue.
    I get that. The thing is, many fans weren't excited by the development she was getting in BP. Having her fully back on the X-men side was just one step.
    And "respect" wasn't even the issue. Like I said, Storm was prominently featured in several books and got her own solo. It didn't work out for various reasons and some very questionable choices were made. It happens. It could have happened if she had stayed with BP over the same period. With IvX, It's not just Storm but the whole X-men line that got screwed over. It reflected badly on her because she was the main mutant leader at the time. There's no reason to believe she would have looked any better if she was still Queen of Wakanda.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 03-15-2018 at 01:36 PM.

I think in Storm's case at least, the example of changing at the drop of a hat doesn't work. Claremont has multiple stories that spanned from her introduction I'm the mid 70s until the early 2000s explaining how her powers work. To then have later writers come and write contradictory stories after years and years of writing is just bad and lazy writing, so in her case it is definitely not a thing of fans having distinguished between which version is true as the stuff that doesn't fit hasn't been around nearly as long as the original established mythos.
    If you are ignoring continuity that exactly what this means. You can chose what version you want, because multiple versions exist. If you choose a newer version of Storm that contradict's Claremont's writings, you'll have cannon to support your position. It's crap.

Sleeping with Logan was one of her conditions to becoming headmistress.
    I disagree with this emphatically. Logan didn't even make her headmistress. Kitty came to her and she accepted the role from her. Logan wasn't even a part of the decision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I disagree with this emphatically. Logan didn't even make her headmistress. Kitty came to her and she accepted the role from her. Logan wasn't even a part of the decision.
    The story itself was crafted in a way to make us see blacks have been EDITORIALLY written out of the X-men, but the notion that Storm was EDITORIALLY written out, demoted, humiliated, degraded, and used as vessel for Black male shame as they relate to white male power fantasies is lost on you? Yes, in story Kitty gave her the headmistress title. But clearly the narrative is that Storm got back a greater portion of mutant leadership in the VERY SAME issue that she sleeps with Wolverine. From then on their sexual relationship is referenced across pretty much the entire line. So, yeah, the X-office painted it as Kitty giving up her title to Storm and Storm giving up her goodies to Wolverine. But what does that narrative really say to you?

The story itself was crafted in a way to make us see blacks have been EDITORIALLY written out of the X-men, but the notion that Storm was EDITORIALLY written out, demoted, humiliated, degraded, and used as vessel for Black male shame as they relate to white male power fantasies is lost on you? Yes, in story Kitty gave her the headmistress title. But clearly the narrative is that Storm got back a greater portion of mutant leadership in the VERY SAME issue that she sleeps with Wolverine. From then on their sexual relationship is referenced across pretty much the entire line. So, yeah, the X-office painted it as Kitty giving up her title to Storm and Storm giving up her goodies to Wolverine. But what does that narrative really say to you?
    Explain this. Are you talking about her marriage to the Black Panther, becasue that is the reason she was written out of the X-Men and given over to Avengers editorial control.

BANNED

Explain this. Are you talking about her marriage to the Black Panther, becasue that is the reason she was written out of the X-Men and given over to Avengers editorial control.
    I'm speaking specifically about the issue that you guys were discussing. Editorially speaking, Storm did not take back her title as leading lady until the very same issue in which she started engaging in sexual activity with a white male power fantasy to the shame of the only black man written in the X-comics at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Lol, no. No one believes that, not even you.
    I could have thought you were joking if you didn't keep changing your story, like with your use of "trophy". "Her conditions to becoming headmistress" is absurd but also not what you originally implied ie her sleeping with Wolverine to get the job. It sounds like you're trying to win something by jumping from one bad argument to another.

Storm was still with T'challa during Schism. Joining Cyclops' side had nothing to do with the annulment. And even then, her role in Uncanny was to question Cyclops' decisions if she felt he was going wrong, which she did, and she was clearly shown not taking orders from Cyclops in the other book with Warpath and Psylocke. Again... from one bad argument to another.

I get that. The thing is, many fans weren't excited by the development she was getting in BP. Having her fully back on the X-men side was just one step.
    And "respect" wasn't even the issue. Like I said, Storm was prominently featured in several books and got her own solo. It didn't work out for various reasons and some very questionable choices were made. It happens. It could have happened if she had stayed with BP over the same period. With IvX, It's not just Storm but the whole X-men line that got screwed over. It reflected badly on her because she was the main mutant leader at the time. There's no reason to believe she would have looked any better if she was still Queen of Wakanda.
    1. Oh I very much do believe it my love. And yes her conditions to accepting the offer to her by kitty was sleeping with Logan. Doesn't matter what it sounds like. The scans are there and the speak for themselves. Storm told Logan she would tell him her answer under two conditions, one of those was sex. And Logan even asked her was she sure before they did the do was she OK with going through with it, as he realized that her marriage just ended.

2. Ororo was taking orders from cyclops during schism up until the events of AvX. Not sure what your point is but cyclops was leading that faction of the xmen not Ororo.

3. And in all those books that Storm was featured in, including her solo what type of development did she get? How did those stories drive the xoffices? And I have a lot to believe if she was still queen she would be treated better. In black and the crew it's one of the first stories I can recall where we saw her life and her connections to the world totally separate from the xmen. Moreover, in his actual book she is shown as competent, thoughtful and the strong fighter we know her to be. The Wakandans, some worship her as a true goddess. These are the things happening in the bp books, you know actually character development. The same can't be said of the xbooks.

If you are ignoring continuity that exactly what this means. You can chose what version you want, because multiple versions exist. If you choose a newer version of Storm that contradict's Claremont's writings, you'll have cannon to support your position. It's crap.
    I'm not ignoring continuity because it's not if it is inconsistent with how her mythos was initially established. You are mixing up writers who are expounded upon things established by Claremont with those who completely ignore it. A writer having her say she can't use her powers because there is no weather is someone completely ignoring her power set as established by Claremont. She is a high end energy manipulator at her core, so for instance when she was in hell there was no reason she should have been able to use her powers. Now to the contrary of this, a writer coming and showing her shutting down someone's brain, which Claremont never showed her do, is expounded upon her already established canon. Her energy sight as established by Claremont allows her to see all forms of her energy which she can manipulate, including electrical synapses in the body. The writer who showed her shutting down brains was aware of the stories Claremont write and went from there. All in all, there's a big difference between what you are saying and what I am.

Her being or accepting the position as Aaron wrote it was contingent on him pushing the kids and them having sex(with the cut on the side). She set the terms:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm speaking specifically about the issue that you guys were discussing. Editorially speaking, Storm did not take back her title as leading lady until the very same issue in which she started engaging in sexual activity with a white male power fantasy to the shame of the only black man written in the X-comics at that time.
    Really? he annulled the marriage. He then tried to dictate who she could have sex with. Sorry that argument falls a little flat in context.

Hello!!! Why people continue to ignore what is on the scans for all to see is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Really? he annulled the marriage. He then tried to dictate who she could have sex with. Sorry that argument falls a little flat in context.
    It was all in an effort by the xoffices to make him look more like a chump.