• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

1. But your guessing and your assuming. You don’t even know if her powers can Stop transmutation. Therefore stating it was pointless.

2. She stopped his powers by tapping into a different form of power NOT her regularly ones she uses all the time.

3.That was a guess, but here is the true reason which I don’t think you know. Adversary saw Storm AND Forge a threat because he deemed them Worthy foes to Fight him. Period. Doesn’t need to be deep or a reason.

4. And that just makes you Biased.
    1) I offered my response as a POSSIBILITY that Storm could resist a transmutation attack. Technically, she SHOULD be able to based on the feats I've referenced, but you are right, we have not seen her apply her power that way because its not an ability she uses frequently.

2) That's nice, but its still within the purview of her power to beat him. Just like you stated this is not a power she uses all the time, the same could be applied to what I just typed above in my number 1. She doesn't usually manipulate matter at the subatomic level, however, canon has shown her creating clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation. So, a writer could easily have her apply this ability to resist a transmutation attack on her person. Subatomic particles are subatomic particles whether a piece of matter is dead or alive. If a character can wield the power and control over these particles to transmute (which Storm has shown she can do), then they should be able to resist transmutation attacks.

3) Forge stated point blank that Adversary respected and feared both his AND Ororo's POWER and POTENTIAL, but we never got to see that fleshed out in Ororo's case like we did with Forge. Coates is in a position right now to show just how scary a foe Ororo can be for Adversary in terms of power and potential.

4) I'm not biased. I'm just an informed Storm fan who tells it like it is.
    Last edited by rutog98; 03-28-2018 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thanks very much and fair enough
    No problem.

BANNED

The adversary is an omniversal threat that can destroy a multiverse. He's not afraid of Storm and ignored every attack she threw at him.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 03-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The adversary is an omniversal these that can destroy a multiverse. He's not afraid of Storm and ignored every attack she threw at him.
    Canon states that he is in fact afraid of Storm's power and potential. Long have I maintained that its possible Storm is potentially an omniversal powerhouse given some of her showings. The only thing you have done with your post is made me want to see this fight happen even more as its only going to buttess my position if and when Storm lays the smackdown on this guy.

Here is what the soliciations for the next issue of Black Panther says:

BLACK PANTHER #172
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    COVER BY BRIAN STELFREEZE
    VENOM 30TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    KLAW STANDS SUPREME FINALE!
    • Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction.
    To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years.
    But Black Panther isn’t done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife.

You go, COATES! You go, STORM!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    1) I offered my response as a POSSIBILITY that Storm could resist a transmutation attack. Technically, she SHOULD be able to based on the feats I've referenced, but you are right, we have not seen her apply her power that way because its not an ability she uses frequently.

2) That's nice, but its still within the purview of her power to beat him. Just like you stated this is not a power she uses all the time, the same could be applied to what I just typed above in my number 1. She doesn't usually manipulate matter at the subatomic level, however, canon has shown her creating clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation. So, a writer could easily have her apply this ability to resist a transmutation attack on her person. Subatomic particles are subatomic particles whether a piece of matter is dead or alive. If a character can wield the power and control over these particles to transmute (which Storm has shown she can do), then they should be able to resist transmutation attacks.

3) Forge stated point blank that Adversary respected and feared both his AND Ororo's POWER and POTENTIAL, but we never got to see that fleshed out in Ororo's case like we did with Forge. Coates is in a position right now to show just how scary a foe Ororo can be for Adversary in terms of power and potential.

4) I'm not biased. I'm just an informed Storm fan who tells it like it is.
    I have a hard time disagreeing with this post. Especially the matter manipulation part. Given the scale and scope of her abilities, resisting his transmutation of her body should be within her power. I absolutely believe. I'm also a shameless fanboy when it comes to her power levels so that's that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I have a hard time disagreeing with this post. Especially the matter manipulation part. Given the scale and scope of her abilities, resisting his transmutation of her body should be within her power. I absolutely believe. I'm also a shameless fanboy when it comes to her power levels so that's that.
    You're not being a fanboy. You're just telling it like it is. Welcome to the Club!

BANNED

You're not being a fanboy. You're just telling it like it is. Welcome to the Club!
    Please, you have a tendency to be a little dishonest about your facts.

BANNED

Canon states that he is in fact afraid of Storm's power and potential. Long have I maintained that its possible Storm is potentially an omniversal powerhouse given some of her showings. The only thing you have done with your post is made me want to see this fight happen even more as its only going to buttess my position if and when Storm lays the smackdown on this guy.

Here is what the soliciations for the next issue of Black Panther says:

BLACK PANTHER #172
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    COVER BY BRIAN STELFREEZE
    VENOM 30TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    KLAW STANDS SUPREME FINALE!
    • Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction.
    To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years.
    But Black Panther isn’t done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife.

You go, COATES! You go, STORM!
    That's a lie, forge the most clueless mystic said he was. The adversary never did.

BANNED

And BOOM goes the dynamite! You know how to speak to my soul, Rutog!

BANNED

Please, you have a tendency to be a little dishonest about your facts.
    I'm not going to get into a name calling argument with you, but I am very on point with the facts and I have canon to back up my POV. You may disagree with some of my assertions, but my positions are fortified by canon.

BANNED

That's a lie, forge the most clueless mystic said he was. The adversary never did.
    Forge was trained since the time he was a boy to fight the Adversary, hence, he knew exactly how to beat him when the time came. His people had battled the Adversary for generations. Heck, even Forge's mentor, Naze fought the Adversary. Forge is an expert on this guy, and that is why he was able to catch on right off the bat on the Adversary's plan and the nature of his trap when he trapped him and Ororo on that alternate Earth. This is why Forge let Storm go off on her own so she could discover the truth for herself what he knew right away.

Heck, Forge knows Adversary's mind and how he opperated inside and out because he was an ancestral foe of Forge's tribe.
    Last edited by rutog98; 03-28-2018 at 04:47 PM.

BANNED

I'm not going to get into a name calling argument with you, but I am very on point with the facts and I have canon to back up my POV. You may disagree with some of my assertions, but my positions are fortified by canon.
    Your conclusions based off the canon you used are inaccurate. Therefore the canon you used are wrong.

BANNED

Your conclusions based off the canon you used are inaccurate. Therefore the canon you used are wrong.
    You lose your credibility in your attack on me when you sit there and say Adversary did not respect and fear Storm's power and potential when Forge clearly stated in the story that he did. Furthermore, Adversary regarded Storm as a worthy adversary. He stated so himself. You are going by your own head canon while I am going by what was actually printed in the comics in reality.

BANNED

Forge was trained since the time he was a boy to fight the Adversary, hence, he knew exactly how to beat him when the time came. His people had battled the Adversary for generations. Heck, even Forge's mentor, Naze fought the Adversary. Forge is an expert on this guy, hence, he was able to catch on right off the bat on the Adversary's plan when he trapped him and Ororo on that alternate Earth. This is why Forge let Storm go off on her own so she could discover the truth for herself as well.

Heck, Forge knew Adversary's mind and how he opperated inside and out.
    Forge hated himself, his mystical abilities and his heritage building weapons for the very people that were harming his people. Forge spent his entire life running from his heritage and then at the end stepped up after seeing nothing else he tried worked.

BANNED

You lose your credibility in your attack on me when you sit there and say Adversary did not respect and fear Storm's power and potential when Forge clearly stated in the story that he did. Furthermore, Adversary regarded Storm as a worthy adversary. He stated so himself. You are going by your own head canon while I am going by what was actually printed in the comics in reality.
    Forge is not a credible witness when the adversary doesn't say in any capacity that he feared Storm as a matter of fact he is defiant to her and doesn't take her seriously.