• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

You can learn more about the elder gods by googling marvel demiurge
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Demiurge_(Earth-616)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Those gods are the kids and for some reason left. They defeated the elder gods.
    yes rut pointed my mistake out. I'm thinking it's sefako but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering if Adversary had anything to do with their leaving? Maybe he killed some of them or imprisoned them or I don't know what. I was just wondering if anybody knew.
    he probably imprisoned him. if he killed them bp would lose his powers bestowed to him by bast yes?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    True. I wonder when we will get a definitive answer to all of this? I must admit that these Black Panther stories about the gods, originators, and everything are very original. Coates has made the BP book unique with the kinds of stories that he's telling from all the other Marvel titles I've heard about.
    They are probably for now. It's been a while since we had anyone other than Ewing dive into this. Aaron did an excellent job in Thor and before that Hercules mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes rut pointed my mistake out. I'm thinking it's sefako but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

he probably imprisoned him. if he killed them bp would lose his powers bestowed to him by bast yes?
    It is because BP retains his power as the BP that I think at least Bast is still alive (and likely the others as well).

My thinking was if Adversary beat the Orishas, and the Orishas beat the Elder Gods, then Storm comes along and beats Adversary...well, I think you get my drift.

BANNED

Learn more about the elder gods.
    http://marvel.com/universe/Elder_Gods#axzz5BCyNL7Df

BANNED

deleted post
    Last edited by rutog98; 03-29-2018 at 10:54 PM.

BANNED

deleted post...

Hi all. I am having an exchange with a fellow storm fan and friend about the portals or sigil popping all over wakanda.

here's the scan in question and read Shuri description of the sigil.

now which is occurring based upon the scan:

A. there are two sigils popping up at the same location with one in the sky causing the unnatural weather and the other acting as a portal for the originators. this is happening similarly at different locations across wakanda.

or

B. there is one sigil popping up across different locations in wakanda. some may appear in the sky, or near ground or whatever. the sigil acts as both a portal and causes the bad/unnatural weather or dark clouds which circle the sigil in the location they appear.

or

C. neither something else is happening .

your thoughts on this if you care to provide them are most appreciated.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-29-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

have you not been reading coates black panther and bp&c??? she has gotten nothing but development in those books. her ties to harlem outside the xmen was discussed, her connection and wisdom as it relates to the divine has been explored, and her relationship to tchalla are just a few character development moments weve seen in the bp books. this past issue one of her old nemesis is back in the picture. now it's time for a feat. nothing wrong with getting these both is there?

you are right storm shouldn't be able to but the Hadari yao... that's a different thing all together my friend.

exactly!!! and xoffices would reply... sleep. we have given her much needed sleep lol.
    Yes, I've been reading Black Panther. There have been nice scenes with her and T'Challa, but I wouldn't say there's been character development. I am going along for the ride to see what "Hadari yao" actually means to the character. (I know it literally means "Walker of Clouds", the Goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things.) If this story help define her divinity, I am all for it. It if's just another feat, I'll pass.

Besides, I am leery of any development done for her in the Black Panther Book. The X-Books tend to ignore it. What good will it do to make her a goddess cable of defeating the Adversary in Black Panther only to have her get put to sleep (off panel most likely) in her flagship book?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yes, I've been reading Black Panther. There have been nice scenes with her and T'Challa, but I wouldn't say there's been character development. I am going along for the ride to see what "Hadari yao" actually means to the character. (I know it literally means "Walker of Clouds", the Goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things.) If this story help define her divinity, I am all for it. It if's just another feat, I'll pass.

Besides, I am leery of any development done for her in the Black Panther Book. The X-Books tend to ignore it. What good will it do to make her a goddess cable of defeating the Adversary in Black Panther only to have her get put to sleep (off panel most likely) in her flagship book?
    So in other words you feel if the xbooks don't
    acknowledge it, it didn't happen?
    I still acknowledge the fact that Storm house the essence of Enternity within her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Well when I mention develop I'm really talking about everything that has happened for the character since she has been featured in the BP.

In BP&C, Coates and Harvey explored her ties to Harlem and her past. We learned the her father used to be good friends with an activist (Ezra) and the secret leader of a super powered team created in the 50s. When Ororo had downtime when fighting in Australia during the Outback era, she visited Harlem and with each visit the community of people that she interacted became family for her.

In the actual BP book itself her title as the Hadari Yao is more than just a feat. He's establishing through a series of stories why Ororo is more than just a queen. The people of wakanda, all across it, have been terrorized by a group of alien creatures bent on taking back what was once theirs, as well as unnatural weather. The knowledge, strength, and might of Wakanda including Shuri, Tchalla, high mystics/shamans, and the Wakandan army hasn't been able to correct or stop this onslaught. It was through the Hadari Yao that the people of Wakanda have been given a glimmer of hope that this terrorism from the sky and land will end. At the beginning she didn't want to be involved at all. Her trip to Wakanda for her was supposed to be fun with no obligation to its people. But she put aside her selfishness aaying she wouldnt forsake Tchalla or his people. She didn't believe or trust in her power when she first attempted to stop the threat but the people of Wakanda and Tchalla encouraged her believed in her, and she tapped into something that she didn't believe was there to do what the most powerful of Wakanda couldn't. Aside from this, her love for tchalla has been rekindled and Coates is showing how the two can healthy be written where both can shine without minimizing any of their strengths. All of this has happened within in this book and imo is some of the development she has had since the marriage so I don't see the culmination of his story being solely a feat.

That said I do agree about your reservations. the Xbooks have done her horribly and have sadly ignored all of what Coates has done. But in spite of this it doesn't mean a writer shouldn't try. His efforts and his characterization of her has paved the way for a future solo book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-30-2018 at 09:39 AM.

https://www.missmalini.com/2018/03/3...wn-solo-movie/

While we are getting a Jean Grey movie in the form of the Dark Phoenix, another X-Men member is equally deserving of a solo movie. That member being none other than Storm! While she has been a steady support throughout all the X-Men movies, she is just as strong a character in the comic-book world and that alone should be enough to warrant a movie. We got a peek into her origins through X-Men: Apocalypse, however, there wasn’t enough of her! Storm undoubtedly has one of the most intensive and interesting storylines and it’s high time studios realise her potential and any comic book fan could attest to that.

https://www.missmalini.com/2018/03/3...wn-solo-movie/

While we are getting a Jean Grey movie in the form of the Dark Phoenix, another X-Men member is equally deserving of a solo movie. That member being none other than Storm! While she has been a steady support throughout all the X-Men movies, she is just as strong a character in the comic-book world and that alone should be enough to warrant a movie. We got a peek into her origins through X-Men: Apocalypse, however, there wasn’t enough of her! Storm undoubtedly has one of the most intensive and interesting storylines and it’s high time studios realise her potential and any comic book fan could attest to that.
    As long as it's not Shipp or Berry. But with Disney buying Fox, there's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post

I don't think it will be after the foxmen dark Phoenix. I really don't think we have to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Hell yeah, at the very least there should be a Storm centered x-men movie kind of like DP is going to..I mean will fail to be for Jean.
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 03-30-2018 at 06:59 PM.