• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Oh man, that would be awesome in her solo.
    OK!!? who you tellin. LOL that would be AWESOME. As I told DDM the massive potential and character development.

Guysssss go read gold now!!!! Ororo did more than something! She was ororo not stormbot today and then some!!!!!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Storm omegas her way out of prison and then becomes a literal god.

Actually lots of characters got nice moments to shine this issue (Magik, Armor, Meggan, etc). And not that much Kitty.
    That actually sounds pretty cool thank you for informing us I just may have to pick up the comic now. Hmm maybe Guggs is reading the letters and BP because I’ve written quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    That actually sounds pretty cool thank you for informing us I just may have to pick up the comic now. Hmm maybe Guggs is reading the letters and BP because I’ve written quite a bit.
    Oh I KNOW this is damage control lol. He's trying to make it up to us Storm fans. He still has a lot more to do to win me over, but this was a good start. It's obvious he has an affinity for asgard too.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I just read a bit of the gold issue. frankly I wasn't impressed. one a certain portion of the story is how she should have always been written so i can't give him credit there and two other portion of the story is very regressive. when you compare what coates is doing in his book to what guggs is doing they are taking the character in two different directions. guggs story isn't even consistent with things he wrote previously in canon and he reduces her in terms of what she should be able to do under her own power. I can see where some would read this and be impressed but for me it's a no, a big NO. all of it. I am most certainly excited for what storm will do against adversary but I will take a hard pass on guggs and his direction for the character. I'm over it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Last Night, I just found out Storm's ancestor Ashake is alive........-_-. I was reading Mystical Arcana #4 and Ahsake jumps into the Present to save Ian McNee and she isn't able to go back into her timeline.

Which means she has been in 616 for this WHOLE time!! and Marvel has not referenced it nor has Magik said anything!! *sigh*
    That would nice. Make it better ,make Ahsake Storm Belasco.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I just read a bit of the gold issue. frankly I wasn't impressed. one a certain portion of the story is how she should have always been written so i can't give him credit there and two other portion of the story is very regressive. when you compare what coates is doing in his book to what guggs is doing they are taking the character in two different directions. guggs story isn't even consistent with things he wrote previously in canon and he reduces her in terms of what she should be able to do under her own power. I can see where some would read this and be impressed but for me it's a no, a big NO. all of it. I am most certainly excited for what storm will do against adversary but I will take a hard pass on guggs and his direction for the character. I'm over it.
    You know I'm more inclined to agree with your take on the matter. If you say it's a hard pass, then a hard pass it is. I shant pay for anything written by this "writer."

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    You know I'm more inclined to agree with your take on the matter. If you say it's a hard pass, then a hard pass it is. I shant pay for anything written by this "writer."
    yes beloved as I am with your take on things. just to reiterate there were some nice moments but execution is critical to me especially when considering how poorly she was written. once most have gotten a chance to read I will go into detailed explanation on why I'm not impressed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

yes beloved as I am with your take on things. just to reiterate there were some nice moments but execution is critical to me especially when considering how poorly she was written. once most have gotten a chance to read I will go into detailed explanation on why I'm not impressed.
    You know I'm tf here for it. I've heard some talk about Storm becoming a goddess, but then I heard something about Stormcaster? Lol what has this clown been reading? What is the last story arc he's read, seriously? First that badge, then Stormcaster? Bwahahahahahaha LAWDHAMERCY

BANNED

If Storm is using Stormcaster in this issue, then I have no interest in reading it. There is no way somebody who can wield the full energy of millions of heavenly bodies simultaneously, or who can summon winds strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant powerful enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, or can turn off a hemisphere-sized hurricane off with a thought, or who can blanket the entire planet with a solar wind for four hours straight while exercising enough control over the solar wind's force and radiation so as to not do any damage to the planet, etc. needs something like Thor's hammer to pull off feats. This cheapens Storm. I did not mind Stormcaster in the original Asgardian story because Ororo was powerless due to Forge's power-suppressing gun, but having her rely on that while she has access to her mutant abilities, to me, is just a way to devalue the character, especially since her feats of elemental power displays tops Thor's when he's wielding Mjolnir. Storm is MUCH more powerful than Stormcaster.

Also, wasn't Stormcaster destroyed a few years ago?
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 09:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    If Storm is using Stormcaster in this issue, then I have no interest in reading it. There is no way somebody who can wield the full energy of millions of heavenly bodies simultaneously, or who can summon winds strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant powerful enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, or can turn off a hemisphere-sized hurricane off with a thought, or who can blanket the entire planet with a solar wind for four hours straight while exercising enough control over the solar wind's force and radiation so as to not do any damage to the planet, etc. needs something like Thor's hammer to pull off feats. This cheapens Storm. I did not mind Stormcaster in the original Asgardian story because Ororo was powerless due to Forge's power-suppressing gun, but having her rely on that while she has access to her mutant abilities, to me, is just a way to devalue the character, especially since her feats of elemental power displays tops Thor's when he's wielding Mjolnir. Storm is MUCH more powerful than Stormcaster.

Rutog, I must admit that I don't know anymore. The last story I remember had Storm destroy Stormcaster with mjolnir by taking control from Thor. All I do know is, Guggenheim's stories aren't for me. I will not make an effort to understand them.

BANNED

Rutog, I must admit that I don't know anymore. The last story I remember had Storm destroy Stormcaster with mjolnir by taking control from Thor. All I do know is, Guggenheim's stories aren't for me. I will not make an effort to understand them.
    Guggenheim is not for me either. Not only would it be PIS for Ororo to use Stormcaster for feats she would have long surpassed using her own powers unenhanced by any external agent, but it also flies in the face of the development she's getting iin Black Panther right now with the whole "goddess" aspect of her character being explored. This guy is a terrible writer. To be honest, most of the times I feel like Marvel only brought him on in an attempt to entice him to get some weekly X-Men shows on TV like that Green Arrow series I believe he writes or produces or something.

Whatever the case,IF he has the POTENTIAL to be a good X-Men writer, it's certainly not coming through, and I believe his Kitty Pryde obsession is what would be holding him back from doing good X-Men stories (again, assuming he has the writing potential to do good stories on this title).

Not every character has the potential to be as great as Ororo or Wolverine or Gambit. It is for this reason that not all characters are equal. He's scaling back the best headlining characters to prop up a support character he has some kind of weird obession with, and its been dragging down the quality of the whole series.

Truth be told, though, in all fairness, I would have bought this issue if not for the Stormcaster thing. He writes Storm like dirt and then, when he finally wants to do give a nod to the character, he uses PIS by having her use something to boost her powers so she can pull off feats that are far weaker than many other feats she has done on the merits of her own power without anything boosting her? NO THANKS!
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Guggenheim is not for me either. Not only would it be PIS for Ororo to use Stormcaster for feats she would have long surpassed using her own powers unenhanced by any external agent, but it also flies in the face of the development she's getting iin Black Panther right now with the whole "goddess" aspect of her character being explored. This guy is a terrible writer. To be honest, most of the times I feel like Marvel only brought him on in an attempt to entice him to get some weekly X-Men shows on TV like that Green Arrow series I believe he writes or produces or something.

Whatever the case,IF he has the POTENTIAL to be a good X-Men writer, it's certainly not coming through, and I believe his Kitty Pryde obsession is what would be holding him back from doing good X-Men stories (again, assuming he has the writing potential to do good stories on this title).

Not every character has the potential to be as great as Ororo or Wolverine or Gambit. It is for this reason that not all characters are equal. He's scaling back the best headlining characters to prop up a support character he has some kind of weird obession with, and its been dragging down the quality of the whole series.

Truth be told, though, in all fairness, I would have bought this issue if not for the Stormcaster thing. He writes Storm like dirt and then, when he finally wants to do give a nod to the character, he uses PIS by having her use something to boost her powers so she can pull off feats that are far weaker than many other feats she has done on the merits of her own power without anything boosting her? NO THANKS!
    now that the cat is out the bag..

spoilers for those that have not read issue:

there were some actual good moments in the book. storm was able to overcome the mutant dampening device and use her mutant power. she was confident and unapologetically so when faces against the prison guards. she knocked them out (off panel) went to the wardens office and short circuited his phone via electrical manipulation before he could call for more help. she demanded that he release her and her fellow xmen so that they could handle the God from the negative zone. all of that was good. but honestly she should have always been written as such I don't give him credit here. it just shows he can write her and was writing her crappy on purpose.

what was bad is his execution. she shouldn't have been screaming and crying when she was put in the cage. he could have shown her internalizing those emotions talking herself through it but how he wrote her it was as if she hasn't overcome her fears that we saw in her solo and even when she encountered the morlocks specifically massive years ago when she was put in a wooden box. his biggest thing is that he ignores canon to tell the story he wants which leads to my next biggest issue .

he wrote the story where she used thors hammer to destroy stormcaster. so how or why it's back i don't understand. also as rut pointed out she should be shown taking on this god with her own power. I mean literally all she was doing was shooting lightning nothing else. so all of what he did with the prison scene was wipers away as her needing stormcaster shows she herself isn't string enough to take on the threat and it completely contradicts what coates has done in showing she is a goddess under her own power. over all I can see how some storm fans will like this but for me it's a no.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2018 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

now that the cat is out the bag..

spoilers for those that have not read issue:

there were some actual good moments in the book. storm was able to overcome the mutant dampening device and use her mutant power. she was confident and unapologetically so when faces against the prison guards. she knocked them out (off panel) went to the wardens office and short circuited his phone via electrical manipulation before he could call for more help. she demanded that he release her and her fellow xmen so that they could handle the God from the negative zone. all of that was good. but honestly she should have always been written as such I don't give him credit here. it just shows he can write her and was writing her crappy on purpose.

what was bad is his execution. she shouldn't have been screaming and crying when she was put in the cage. he could have shown her internalizing those emotions talking herself through it but how he wrote her it was as if she hasn't overcome her fears that we saw in her solo and even when she encountered the morlocks specifically massive years ago when she was put in a wooden box. his biggest thing is that he ignores canon to tell the story he wants which leads to my next biggest issue .

he wrote the story where she used thors hammer to destroy stormcaster. so how or why it's back i don't understand. also as rut pointed out she should be shown taking on this god with her own power. I mean literally all she was doing was shooting lightning nothing else. so all of what he did with the prison scene was wipers away as her needing stormcaster shows she herself isn't string enough to take on the threat and it completely contradicts what coates has done in showing she is a goddess under her own power. over all I can see how some storm fans will like this but for me it's a no.
    Kyss, now, hold up. I was really in my feelings a bit because I felt that I may have been a little too harsh on Uncle Guggy. The feat of Storm overpowering her dampening device was BOSS. Her feat of short circuiting the phone before the warden could use it was BOSS. I actually didn't mind the jail cell scene. It took some time for Storm to turn her feelings of helplessness into rage. But that was a sweet spot for me as well. Because when the rage came on, it really came on. That's how Storm's character and her power should be displayed and portrayed. That was all up to the point before Stormcaster reaches her. I didn't mind the fact that the weapon reacts to her pain and rage from another dimension. I actually liked that fact. But once the hammer reaches her hand it becomes clear that for all her power she NEEDS Stormcaster to get the job done. That killed the whole vibe that he gave Storm leading up to that point. But now you're telling me that he wrote the story where she destroyed Stormcaster by taking control of mjolnir? Is this serious?

BANNED

Kyss, now, hold up. I was really in my feelings a bit because I felt that I may have been a little too harsh on Uncle Guggy. The feat of Storm overpowering her dampening device was BOSS. Her feat of short circuiting the phone before the warden could use it was BOSS. I actually didn't mind the jail cell scene. It took some time for Storm to turn her feelings of helplessness into rage. But that was a sweet spot for me as well. Because when the rage came on, it really came on. That's how Storm's character and her power should be displayed and portrayed. That was all up to the point before Stormcaster reaches her. I didn't mind the fact that the weapon reacts to her pain and rage from another dimension. I actually liked that fact. But once the hammer reaches her hand it becomes clear that for all her power she NEEDS Stormcaster to get the job done. That killed the whole vibe that he gave Storm leading up to that point. But now you're telling me that he wrote the story where she destroyed Stormcaster by taking control of mjolnir? Is this serious?
    Seriously? If Stormcaster becomes a regular thing for Ororo to pull impressive feats (I hate Guggenheim for bringing it back), then I'm gonna be through with Marvel. This will be something that will have me stop following Storm as her powers/power levels play a huge role into her character. I have no interest in seeing all of the stuff about Storm being able to wield unlimited power on the mertis of her own innate abilities along with all the high end feats she has done over the years on her own power without any external source boosting her being washed down the drain to make her into some kind of sad Thorette. I hope this thing Guggenheim did with Stormcaster does not catch on with other writers.