• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I guess the humor I find in this is, as much as you like to pit her against Thor or other Top tier characters, Stormcaster, at this point, would be the thing that would bring her closest to having a chance in hell. Granted it was annoying she couldn't have just done something impressive under her own power. But in this instance I'm just saying that if stormcaster did become a regular part of Storm's "arsenal" (which I wouldn't want either) then she could actually stand up to some other Top tier characters and not be completely outclassed.

Storm has the feats to take on Thor and better without Stormcaster. The only thing I can see Stormcaster doing for her would be to maybe increase her durability and super strength, however, writers should simply have her use her powers creatively in a defensive manner to protect herself from physical attacks. Its nice for her to have some weakness like being less durable than Thor to fight the baddies as it provides opportunites for a more creative use of her elemental powers. Now, that said, in terms of power output/damage, she can go toe-to-toe with just about anybody...and then there is this whole other aspect of her power that Coates has added onto her. She needs to be fighting people like Heralds of Galactus, Ego, the Living Planet, Adversary, Shuma-Gorath, and others as well as people like Dr. Doom, a Phoenix Force-possessed Candra, Bogan, Dracula (he can boost his powers by feeding off the blood of enormously powerful beings like "gods" and "goddesses" to fight Storm), etc.

So, even without Stormcaster, she is not outclassed by anybody. Besides, I don't need to see her use Stormcaster to pull feats far Far FAR below what she's already done without it.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Kyss, now, hold up. I was really in my feelings a bit because I felt that I may have been a little too harsh on Uncle Guggy. The feat of Storm overpowering her dampening device was BOSS. Her feat of short circuiting the phone before the warden could use it was BOSS. I actually didn't mind the jail cell scene. It took some time for Storm to turn her feelings of helplessness into rage. But that was a sweet spot for me as well. Because when the rage came on, it really came on. That's how Storm's character and her power should be displayed and portrayed. That was all up to the point before Stormcaster reaches her. I didn't mind the fact that the weapon reacts to her pain and rage from another dimension. I actually liked that fact. But once the hammer reaches her hand it becomes clear that for all her power she NEEDS Stormcaster to get the job done. That killed the whole vibe that he gave Storm leading up to that point. But now you're telling me that he wrote the story where she destroyed Stormcaster by taking control of mjolnir? Is this serious?
    yea beloved. he wrote the issue in serve and protect where stormcaster was destroyed lol

https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-and-protect-3

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I get that there were definitely some gems in this story to pluck, but this Stormcaster thing is really bad. If it catches on with other writers and starts being used semi-consistently when she fights "god-level" characters, then it will completely undermine everything that has been established about her enormous power levels and potential that has been there since day 1 with the character. I simply won't stick around for that.
    coates is not ignoring her power levels and he certainly isn't going to call her to using stormcaster to get the job done. guggs has been purposefully ignoring all that coates is doing to troll coates stuff. I truly believe this. guggs even went out of his way to counter what coates has done with goddess storm to show the only way she can fight a god is with stormcaster, something that he wrote her destroying years ago. lolol. the trolling is real.

Rutog, you and I know the truth. This Stormcaster mess simply cannot stick around. It sends a very problematic message. As Kyss has pointed out, this story still goes out of its way to dismiss her ties to BP. A series that has established her a goddess within her own right in its latest volume. She's been confirmed as an African Goddess from an unidentified pantheon. This story comes along and whitewashes that aspect of her current portrayal outside of the X-verse. It's a bigger problem than you know.
    exactly. coates is not using stormcaster and frankly I don't know what that hammer is because she already destroyed it in serve and protect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm Totally down for a Stormcaster Story.
    that's nice.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are right in all of this.
    don't worry stormcaster definitely won't be in coates book. guggs is just all types of wrong for storm as a character
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Well, you should definitely enjoy this story. Stormcaster is tied and tethered to her from another dimension. To me, that's the coolest aspect of this Stormcaster story.

I don't think you'll need to walk away from comics like the Storm fans you mentioned. If only they could how she's returned to prominence.

We both are. Lmao
    Wait a minute, now. Now, you know I like you BB, but how has she returned to prominence? The only thing I see her returning to is the floor every other week after losing to a Terrible Toad-level character in battle when X-Men Gold is published. Mixed in with this are a few bright spots that we get glimpses of when she makes her once-in-a-while guest-appearances in Coate's book. This is a sad state for Storm fans that we are in now. When we are not talking about her powers or mental defenses based on back issues, most of the conversations in this thread about how Ororo is currently being written is talking about how Marvel is badly mishandling the character, and people wanting to write letters to the company to tell them off for it. When that's the case, then there is a disconnect between Marvel and Storm fans.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    fooclmfao!
    Lmfao I'm so serious. He cannot seriously deliver an issue like this without explaing away the past 24. The more I think about it, he's an even bigger troll than I realized. And this makes me like him a good deal more. I live for the pettiness that's revealed after an issue like this. Who is this man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea beloved. he wrote the issue in serve and protect where stormcaster was destroyed lol

coates is not ignoring her power levels and he certainly isn't going to call her to using stormcaster to get the job done. guggs has been purposefully ignoring all that coates is doing to troll coates stuff. I truly believe this. guggs even went out of his way to counter what coates has done with goddess storm to show the only way she can fight a god is with stormcaster, something that he wrote her destroying years ago. lolol. the trolling is real.

exactly. coates is not using stormcaster and frankly I don't know what that hammer is because she already destroyed it in serve and protect.

that's nice.

don't worry stormcaster definitely won't be in coates book. guggs is just all types of wrong for storm as a character
    Trolling is exactly what it is. It's kinda like that issue he wrote a few weeks ago where Storm could not really use her powers on that alien world. He based it off that PIS Lobdell issue. Then, in her defining moment, he had Storm do something weak like shoot lightning from her hands or something. I mean, big deal, right? This man knows what he's doing, and its as if he has a problem with the development Coates in giving Storm over in BP. He's trying to undermine Coate's efforts with this.

I've been saying for a long time how the X-office is trying to hold back Storm to prop up lesser characters. They have a problem with the popularity Storm has acheived with the readership over the years and have spent the last decade or so trying to lessen the character in their eyes thinking they would gravitate to other characters they would rather have us like. For some reason, they hate that Storm became the most popular female of Marvel and the second most popular X-Man after Wolverine. They are trying hold back her shine.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

@BBeeryan:

I guess the point I am trying to make is let's say she does something impressive against Adversary this month, okay? What happens afterwards? She won't appear in the BP title for another long time while she meanwhile gets continually reaquainted with the floor in Guggenheim's book when she loses to a low-level, low-rent villain.

This whole thing with Stormcaster was timed right before the conclusion issue of the Adversary story arc in BP where Coates has been setting up for a long time Storm's "goddesshood". It looks as if Coates did this to have a massive showdown between Storm and Adversary, "goddess" vs "god". Guggenheim's goal with this issue of Gold seems to be his way of delivering a message saying whatever development Storm gets overthere will have no bearing in his book. He is going to hold her back and write her down at all costs. The good things that happened with Storm in today's Gold were all done as a vehicle to pave the way for him to undermine what's being done with her character in BP with the whole "goddess" thing. It was really low down and dirty of Guggenheim, to be honest.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.

BANNED

Wait a minute, now. Now, you know I like you BB, but how has she returned to prominence? The only thing I see her returning to is the floor every other week after losing to a Terrible Toad-level character in battle when X-Men Gold is published. Mixed in with this are a few bright spots that we get glimpses of when she makes her once-in-a-while guest-appearances in Coate's book. This is a sad state for Storm fans that we are in now. When we are not talking about her powers or mental defenses based on back issues, most of the conversations in this thread about how Ororo is currently being written is talking about how Marvel is badly mishandling the character, and people wanting to write letters to the company to tell them off for it. When that's the case, then there is a disconnect between Marvel and Storm fans.
    Lmao Rutog, you know I was being petty with that remark. It's just funny that Guggy CAN write a convincing, competent, commanding, and confident Storm. It's is clear that he hasn't cared enough to do so until now. As I was discussing with another friend and fellow Storm fan, this issue is nothing but fanservice on Guggenheim's part. That makes his previous issues all the more glaring. He's petty. And I live for the petty of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I need to read this...

Anyone got any pics?
    Ikr, I can't find it anywhere free online yet but I can't wait any longer, I'm so confused on what people are talking about I'm trying to ignore for spoilers lol.

BANNED

Lmao Rutog, you know I was being petty with that remark. It's just funny that Guggy CAN write a convincing, competent, commanding, and confident Storm. It's is clear that he hasn't cared enough to do so until now. As I was discussing with another friend and fellow Storm fan, this issue is nothing but fanservice on Guggenheim's part. That makes his previous issues all the more glaring. He's petty. And I live for the petty of it all.
    True, this issue does prove he can capture the character's voice and be creative with her powers, but it seems as if all of it was done to put that low down and dirty twist at the end of it all to deliver a very unflattering message: "Storm is not a "goddess", and I [Guggenheim] will hold her back no matter what."

That said, it also goes to show that the way he has written Storm all this time was in fact intentional and done to prop up Kitty. He knows that Kitty can't shine in the presence of a well-written Storm, so he scales Ororo back. If Marvel wanted Kitty to lead a team and be able to shine realistically, she needed to lead a group of younger, less experienced members. Colossus could have been on the team to be her rock that she leans on when she needs support much like how Storm and Wolverine leaned on each other during her powerless punk years in the 80s when Ororo led that team. I could see a lineup of Kitty, Surge, Rachel, Magik, Colossus, Cannonball, Elixer, and Anole with Kitty leading and realistically shining.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Oh, okay. I never considered that fact. Then again it is a magic weapon. That will be a nice little aspect to Stormcaster if it can't be destroyed. What if Loki had it charmed with unbreakable magic?
    well, Stormcaster wasn't destroyed though. I don't know if it actually can be. It may appear to have been but it doesn't seem like it can be destroyed. Just like it doesn't seem like mjolnir can be destroyed. Other than that I agree with you.
    im sorry babies but stormcaster was destroyed:

In the last panel it breaks into pieces. right after she turns back into her regular self.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

im sorry babies but stormcaster was destroyed:

In the last panel it breaks into pieces. right after she turns back into her regular self.
    Yes but this is also Magic created by a God of mischief. Nothing is ever as it really appears with either of the two because we also saw Loki's silhouette in the last page as well. And we all know destroyed means nothing in the marvel universe too.

BANNED

that's nice.

Look at Kyss dropping that damn knowledge! Guggy retconned his own story to write this one. Bless his heart. And that damn gif tho... lolol you know that was my petty ass too.
    @BBeeryan:

I guess the point I am trying to make is let's say she does something impressive against Adversary this month, okay? What happens afterwards? She won't appear in the BP title for another long time while she meanwhile gets continually reaquainted with the floor in Guggenheim's book when she loses to a low-level, low-rent villain.

This whole thing with Stormcaster was timed right before the conclusion issue of the Adversary story arc in BP where Coates has been setting up for a long time Storm's "goddesshood". It looks as if Coates did this to have a massive showdown between Storm and Adversary, "goddess" vs "god". Guggenheim's goal with this issue of Gold seems to be his way of delivering a message saying whatever development Storm gets overthere will have no bearing in his book. He is going to hold her back and write her down at all costs. The good things that happened with Storm in today's Gold were all done as a vehicle to pave the way for him to undermine what's being done with her character in BP with the whole "goddess" thing. It was really low down and dirty of Guggenheim, to be honest.
    Oh, no, I'm definitely right there with you. I totally agree. This is the same thing he did around the same time Coates dropped date night. He had her kissing Gambit with clear implications that go against another story she was in at the time. Oh, I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I need to read this...

Anyone got any pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ikr, I can't find it anywhere free online yet but I can't wait any longer, I'm so confused on what people are talking about I'm trying to ignore for spoilers lol.
    Lolol y'all I have the spoiler pages that were sent to me, but I don't know how to post them. Hell, I can't post gifs properly.
    True, this issue does prove he can capture the character's voice and be creative with her powers, but it seems as if all of it was done to put that low down and dirty twist at the end of it all to deliver a very unflattering message: "Storm is not a "goddess", and I [Guggenheim] will hold her back no matter what."

That said, it also goes to show that the way he has written Storm all this time was in fact intentional and done to prop up Kitty. He knows that Kitty can't shine in the presence of a well-written Storm, so he scales Ororo back. If Marvel wanted Kitty to lead a team and be able to shine realistically, she needed to lead a group of younger, less experienced members. Colossus could have been on the team to be her rock that she leans on when she needs support much like how Storm and Wolverine leaned on each other during her powerless punk years in the 80s when Ororo led that team. I could see a lineup of Kitty, Surge, Rachel, Magik, Colossus, Cannonball, Elixer, and Anole with Kitty leading and realistically shining.
    I absolutely agree with every word. You should rest solely in the fact knowing that you've been saying this for months. And you've been correct the entire time. You better make it your business to keep making way for the truth...

Trolling is exactly what it is. It's kinda like that issue he wrote a few weeks ago where Storm could not really use her powers on that alien world. He based it off that PIS Lobdell issue. Then, in her defining moment, he had Storm do something weak like shoot lightning from her hands or something. I mean, big deal, right? This man knows what he's doing, and its as if he has a problem with the development Coates in giving Storm over in BP. He's trying to undermine Coate's efforts with this.

I've been saying for a long time how the X-office is trying to hold back Storm to prop up lesser characters. They have a problem with the popularity Storm has acheived with the readership over the years and have spent the last decade or so trying to lessen the character in their eyes thinking they would gravitate to other characters they would rather have us like. For some reason, they hate that Storm became the most popular female of Marvel and the second most popular X-Man after Wolverine. They are trying hold back her shine.
    they can hate all they want but the Hadari Yao is canon they can't undo what wss done.

Yes but this is also Magic created by a God of mischief. Nothing is ever as it really appears with either of the two because we also saw Loki's silhouette in the last page as well. And we all know destroyed means nothing in the marvel universe too.
    I'm sorry guggs doesn't deserve the credit you're given him. there is no explanation and it completely contradicts his previous story. it would be different if he didn't write it but he did. his silhouette there wss to the point she made about a part of herself being destroyed with stormcaster when she broke it. there is simply no proof outside of him ignoring what he wrote that magic wss involved in it's return .

Look at Kyss dropping that damn knowledge! Guggy retconned his own story to write this one. Bless his heart. And that damn gif tho... lolol you know that was my petty ass too.

Oh, no, I'm definitely right there with you. I totally agree. This is the same thing he did around the same time Coates dropped date night. He had her kissing Gambit with clear implications that go against another story she was in at the time. Oh, I get it.

Lolol y'all I have the spoiler pages that were sent to me, but I don't know how to post them. Hell, I can't post gifs properly.

I absolutely agree with every word. You should rest solely in the fact knowing that you've been saying this for months. And you've been correct the entire time. You better make it your business to keep making way for the truth...
    baby the Hadari Yao will hsve it no other way. what has been written cannot be undone.

BANNED

Rutog, I just realized that all Coates really has to do is acknowledge this story and Stormcaster. If only to hammer the issue home that the power of the Hadari Yao, the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things is something totally and completely different than that mess that is Stormcaster. Problem solved, issue averted.

Haha this site does have a curios way of posting images, but it's fine I bought it, of course the one I buy is an extra freaking dollar but I feel I got my moneys worth.