• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Haha this site does have a curios way of posting images, but it's fine I bought it, of course the one I buy is an extra freaking dollar but I feel I got my moneys worth.
    Oooouuuu... I'm dying to hear what you think. Inquiring minds want to know.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Rutog, I just realized that all Coates really has to do is acknowledge this story and Stormcaster. If only to hammer the issue home that the power of the Hadari Yao, the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things is something totally and completely different than that mess that is Stormcaster. Problem solved, issue averted.
    coates will not acknowledge that trash. remember it's coates direction got storm that wss green lighted for a solo, not the other way around. frack guggs story and his attempt at trolling coates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they can hate all they want but the Hadari Yao is canon they can't undo what wss done.

I'm sorry guggs doesn't deserve the credit you're given him. there is no explanation and it completely contradicts his previous story. it would be different if he didn't write it but he did. his silhouette there wss to the point she made about a part of herself being destroyed with stormcaster when she broke it. there is simply no proof outside of him ignoring what he wrote that magic wss involved in it's return .

baby the Hadari Yao will hsve it no other way. what has been written cannot be undone.
    Oh, I am not giving him ANY credit. Just basing it off previous stories and other related events. When it comes to God's and magic things are not white and black as you know. But Guggs gets no credit from me. What he has done is unforgivable. He would have to do something incredible for Ororo for me to even consider it.

BANNED

coates will not acknowledge that trash. remember it's coates direction got storm that wss green lighted for a solo, not the other way around. frack guggs story and his attempt at trolling coates.
    Oop... #Facts and nothing but #Facts. Technically speaking, Coates has already addressed it. This power of faith an divinity was something totally different from that Stormcaster mess.

BANNED

As I reread the pages I have, I think my favorite part is the scene with the warden. She blasted his door open, walks in dampening collar in hand, short circuits or shocks the phone out of his hand and threatens him a good three times. She was totally the Storm I need in my life, minus Stormcaster. It is a part of her history so I get it. If it wasn't for that blasted hammer this would have been a must buy. Now it's a must pass. Lmao

Oh boy okay here's my feelings on Storm this issue, I thought for the most part it was good but it was definitely questionable. I was so confused with people saying Stormcaster appears in this but sure enough it did, and it doesn't really make sense why but...as long as it doesn't stay for too long I don't mind her having it (though I wish her thick mohawk would come back with it). Yes he himself wrote it being destroyed but I guess we never actually see it break apart, and it was in Wakanda when it took place but it was found on "Old Asgard" this issue, which makes me think he actually didn't just lazily retcon his own canon but that something actually happened, though I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Now as far as Stormcaster causing trouble by giving her strength she doesn't need and giving her feats she should be able to accomplish on her own I agree it needs caution, but so far the latter hasn't happened yet, in fact everything awesome that happened was before she got the hammer so I'm at least willing to see what his plan is for Storm. Of course based on the multiple issues of writing a craptastic Storm this could just be something that has a bad ending or is literally for nothing, but when I look at how he treated everyone else fairly good I am wondering if he actually got the message form us fans or maybe editorial finally told him to get it together.

Overall I'd just say I came to this issue very confused and left just as such with some giddiness, but I am aware I felt like this when issue 20 was coming out which was supposed to be a nice Storm focused issue but turned out to be one of the worst so I'm ready for the possibility of her being koed by a metal pipe. Guggs surprised me with this Storm, he doesn't deserve to be forgiven for his past mistakes and this could very well be another one, but I'm curious in both a good and bad way to see where this goes. For now I'm living in the moment as a satisfied Storm fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Oh boy okay here's my feelings on Storm this issue, I thought for the most part it was good but it was definitely questionable. I was so confused with people saying Stormcaster appears in this but sure enough it did, and it doesn't really make sense why but...as long as it doesn't stay for too long I don't mind her having it (though I wish her thick mohawk would come back with it). Yes he himself wrote it being destroyed but I guess we never actually see it break apart, and it was in Wakanda when it took place but it was found on "Old Asgard" this issue, which makes me think he actually didn't just lazily retcon his own canon but that something actually happened, though I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Now as far as Stormcaster causing trouble by giving her strength she doesn't need and giving her feats she should be able to accomplish on her own I agree it needs caution, but so far the latter hasn't happened yet, in fact everything awesome that happened was before she got the hammer so I'm at least willing to see what his plan is for Storm. Of course based on the multiple issues of writing a craptastic Storm this could just be something that has a bad ending or is literally for nothing, but when I look at how he treated everyone else fairly good I am wondering if he actually got the message form us fans or maybe editorial finally told him to get it together.

Overall I'd just say I came to this issue very confused and left just as such with some giddiness, but I am aware I felt like this when issue 20 was coming out which was supposed to be a nice Storm focused issue but turned out to be one of the worst so I'm ready for the possibility of her being koed by a metal pipe. Guggs surprised me with this Storm, he doesn't deserve to be forgiven for his past mistakes and this could very well be another one, but I'm curious in both a good and bad way to see where this goes. For now I'm living in the moment as a satisfied Storm fan.
    At least for me this post is spot on. Especially the bolded parts. They mirror my feelings to a "t". And I knew Storm destroyed Stormcaster in Wakanda and not Asgard. Why is this man bent on ignoring continuity, his own included?

Oop... #Facts and nothing but #Facts. Technically speaking, Coates has already addressed it. This power of faith an divinity was something totally different from that Stormcaster mess.
    I think Coates work might be the reason Stormcaster (I really wish they would change the name of her hammer) came to Storm. If you think about it, her slow ascendance to godhood could be the reason it showed up in the first place. The captions kept bringing up her being a goddess...which has to lead to domething.

We're thinking of Stormcaster as something counter-productive to what Coates is doing in Black Panther, when it could be something that was inspired by his work. With her tapping into godhood, maybe she is slowly gathering the things that were meant for her since birth.

Now I could be wrong and this could be another waste of time by Gugg.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Oh, I am not giving him ANY credit. Just basing it off previous stories and other related events. When it comes to God's and magic things are not white and black as you know. But Guggs gets no credit from me. What he has done is unforgivable. He would have to do something incredible for Ororo for me to even consider it.
    point taken and agreed with him having to do something a lot more. and you are right as well about magic but even with this still the story then and now doesn't help make sense. it's reappearance is something that should be explained. and saying it's magic is not a good enough reason for me at least.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think Coates work might be the reason Stormcaster (I really wish they would change the name of her hammer) came to Storm. If you think about it, her slow ascendance to godhood could be the reason it showed up in the first place. The captions kept bringing up her being a goddess...which has to lead to domething.

We're thinking of Stormcaster as something counter-productive to what Coates is doing in Black Panther, when it could be something that was inspired by his work. With her tapping into godhood, maybe she is slowly gathering the things that were meant for her since birth.

Oooouuuu... you make some great points. We should hope that Guggy and the rest of the folks that make up the X-office getting their acts together and cleaning up the house to make it as comfortable as possible for when Coates and Bartel move in for a bit when Storm's solo drops. LAM I'm hoping you are on to something. Rutog and I will buy you a few rounds at the bar if this is true.

Storm had the ability to wield stormcaster when she was powerless. it never hinged on the idea of her being a goddess. and if this wasn't the writer who ignored his own stories and hasn't made his entire run on how great kitty is I would agreed that him saying goddess over and over again may tie to something more but again I think people would be giving guggs more credit than he deserves. yes this issue had some nice moments for her but I don't think we should forget the 24 issues prior that has set the tone for the type of character he has written her as being.

her ascension to being a goddess is something that is always been an innate attribute. from coates depiction of this, at least, did not revolve around tools or external items. so again I think guggs is doing his own thing and telling his own story with little to no care to what's being done outside his book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Oooouuuu... you make some great points. We should hope that Guggy and the rest of the folks that make up the X-office getting their acts together and cleaning up the house to make it as comfortable as possible for when Coates and Bartel move in for a bit when Storm's solo drops. LAM I'm hoping you are on to something. Rutog and I will buy you a few rounds at the bar if this is true.
    Well, thank you.

I'm holding onto hope that this will lead to something good.

As far as Stormcaster goes, it is magical and seems to always return to its hammer shape when destroyed or reshaped.

I'm almost 100% sure Loki transformed Stormcaster into a Storm statue after it was destroyed.

Well, thank you.

I'm holding onto hope that this will lead to something good.

As far as Stormcaster goes, it is magical and seems to always return to its hammer shape when destroyed or reshaped.

I'm almost 100% sure Loki transformed Stormcaster into a Storm statue after it was destroyed.

so wait... u telling she already destroyed originally??? so the one on serve and protect was that supposed to be the original or did he make another. how it read it seemed it was the original.

I can't really tell happened after she raised her arm though lol. did she teleport or did he transform her into that smaller version of her?? I'm not quite sure lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.

That would be very interesting.

Storm had the ability to wield stormcaster when she was powerless. it never hinged on the idea of her being a goddess. and if this wasn't the writer who ignored his own stories and hasn't made his entire run on how great kitty is I would agreed that him saying goddess over and over again may tie to something more but again I think people would be giving guggs more credit than he deserves. yes this issue had some nice moments for her but I don't think we should forget the 24 issues prior that has set the tone for the type of character he has written her as being.

her ascension to being a goddess is something that is always been an innate attribute. from Coates depiction of this, at least, did not revolve around tools or external items. so again I think guggs is doing his own thing and telling his own story with little to no care to what's being done outside his book.
    Again. I'm working on hope here. I'm hoping that Gugg remembers that Claremont wrote that Stormcaster is bound to Ororo through her lifeblood and is working with Coates to finally push Storm into her true godhood.

I know its a slim chance but I gotta believe this can't all be coincidental. Two writers working on the same thing...pushing Storm's potential godhood as part of their stories. I don't think that has ever happened without some form of editor control.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.