• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I loved this Gold issue, especially Storm and Rogue.

Storm was regal, but in the end they had to close with Kitty, that was a little XD, of the great rest.

This page, made me think Marvel might have something up it slvees when it comes to Storm and her godhood. Storm is putting out so much emotion that it's felt in another dimension.

Attachment 64233
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This page, made me think Marvel might have something up it slvees when it comes to Storm and her godhood. Storm is putting out so much emotion that it's felt in another dimension.

Attachment 64233
    We love a theorist
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    We love a theorist
    There gotta be something going on here...unless Marvel is trolling Storm fan.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There gotta be something going on here...unless Marvel is trolling Storm fan.
    baby it wouldn't be the first time.. see most of the xbooks since the marriage ended.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    baby it wouldn't be the first time.. see most of the xbooks since the marriage ended.
    Good counter. Can't argue against that reply.

Good counter. Can't argue against that reply.
    I will say I saw one thing that was hopeful in lines to your point. storm was able to stop his weather on her own power. the weather stopping and her response to it was somewhat indicative that he could be going the direction of divinity with her. had stormcaster not popped up I would have agreed with u but it popping up definitely ruined that theory for me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I will say I saw one thing that was hopeful in lines to your point. storm was able to stop his weather on her own power. the weather stopping and her response to it was somewhat indicative that he could be going the direction of divinity with her. had stormcaster not popped up I would have agreed with u but it popping up definitely ruined that theory for me.
    I know. It just seems odd Gugg decided to pull the god card, after Coates been playing with the idea for several months now.

BANNED

I know. It just seems odd Gugg decided to pull the god card, after Coates been playing with the idea for several months now.
    The problem is, though, in Gugg's case, he made the whole "goddesshood" thing something separate from Storm's innate power which not only flies in the face of decades of canon, but also what is going on currently in Coate's book. Anybody can have a "Stormcaster" hammer made for them and they wield power levels similar to Stormcaster or Mjolnir. Heck, look at how Jane Foster became the new Thor simply because of a hammer. In other words, Guggenheim is removing Storm's specialness and giving the credit to a hammer instead of the character's innate ability.

I really want to like this issue because the writer did everything else so well, but this Stormcaster bit is a deal-breaker for me.

Also, that hammer feeling Storm's emotions and coming to her is not something that speaks so much about Storm's specialness, but merely her bond to that hammer which is bound to both her blood and Loki's power.

In short, there is no upside to bringing in Stormcaster into Storm's character. It should be something that she only wields in cases where her powers are shut down (like when Forge did it with his power-suppressant gun or when the High Evolutionary (or Sinister) shut down the powers of every mutant on the planet). It should be firmly established as well that her natural powers are far beyond Stormcaster. The only other option should be to permanently destroy the hammer and we never see it again. Personally, I would rather the latter happen and we never see Stormcaster again. It's only being used to devalue Storm's true innate power levels.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-05-2018 at 01:21 AM.

that's why it seems like trollin. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The problem is, though, in Gugg's case, he made the whole "goddesshood" thing something separate from Storm's innate power which not only flies in the face of decades of canon, but also what is going on currently in Coate's book. Anybody can have a "Stormcaster" hammer made for them and they wield power levels similar to Stormcaster or Mjolnir. Heck, look at how Jane Foster became the new Thor simply because of a hammer. In other words, Guggenheim is removing Storm's specialness and giving the credit to a hammer instead of the character's innate ability.

I really want to like this issue because the writer did everything else so well, but this Stormcaster bit is a deal-breaker for me.

Also, that hammer feeling Storm's emotions and coming to her is not something that speaks so much about Storm's specialness, but merely her bond to that hammer which is bound to both her blood and Loki's power.

In short, there is no upside to bringing in Stormcaster into Storm's character. It should be something that she only wields in cases where her powers are shut down (like when Forge did it with his power-suppressant gun or when the High Evolutionary (or Sinister) shut down the powers of every mutant on the planet). It should be firmly established as well that her natural powers are far beyond Stormcaster. The only other option should be to permanently destroy the hammer and we never see it again. Personally, I would rather the latter happen and we never see Stormcaster again. Its only being used to devalue Storm's true, innate power levels.

this 100x... I thought it wss destroyed in to serve and protect lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will give my feedback on Gold in a little bit.

Docwe know if Storm appeared in Venomized?
    where is your feedback????

BANNED

StormCaster coming back isn't really a problem. Technically she didn't ask for its help, but her Rage called it. Across the Universe....that's pretty Cool. And I think this could possible hold great potential for Storm or it could be Bad. I get it I UNDERSTAND the issue you guys have with this, but C'mon. Try to keep an open mind here people. Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing and hinting at Storms Godhood which is probably leading her into the realm of Magic which I think is GREAT, but don't forget WHO has final say in that regard.......the X-Editors. Coates wouldn't be able to write Storm unless he had a green light from the X-Office and Guggenhiem, due to the simple fact Storm is OWNED by the X-Universe. Do you REALLY think the X-Office is going to let a Avengers writer do WHATEVER they want with their mutants Without their final say?? Heck No, the X-Office are so protective over their Mutants.

Reading, the comments in here the consensus seems that THIS is a bad thing for Storm and shooting down something that could possibly have potential for Storm. This could even be a direct correlation to what Coates is doing anyway. Twice Now Storm has Stopped a Godly weather.....don't think for moment Coates and Guggenhiem aren't looking at what each other is doing. They're probably writing to see who is better at making Storm a God. LOL I bet you she will lose the Hammer in the Next issue anyway.

Is Guggs a good X-men writer?...not exactly. He struggles on writing a good Team Book and staying in continuity. Although, issue #25 is exactly how the X-men should have been written in the First Issue. And I must give Gugg some props he wrote Storm VERY WELL and i'm a sucker for Nostalgia. I loved the Asguardian War Arc, and X-men To Serve and Protect #3. Everything about this issue was really Good and it seems others liked it a lot.

All i'm saying is.....try to keep an open mind.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-05-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

In short, there is no upside to bringing in Stormcaster into Storm's character. It should be something that she only wields in cases where her powers are shut down (like when Forge did it with his power-suppressant gun or when the High Evolutionary (or Sinister) shut down the powers of every mutant on the planet). It should be firmly established as well that her natural powers are far beyond Stormcaster. The only other option should be to permanently destroy the hammer and we never see it again. Personally, I would rather the latter happen and we never see Stormcaster again. It's only being used to devalue Storm's true innate power levels.
    I agree with everything you said and I'm pretty sure Stormcaster has a limited time in the X-men. I'm waiting for Storm to use all the power in the Hammer to stop a big bad and then watch it be totally destroyed. The story pretty much writes itself.

I agree with everything you said and I'm pretty sure Stormcaster has a limited time in the X-men. I'm waiting for Storm to use all the power in the Hammer to stop a big bad and then watch it be totally destroyed. The story pretty much writes itself.
    Just watch, uncle Guggy will have Ink Overload and break it, and then announce that Ink was secretly an Omega level mutant (even though he's not a mutant)

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Just watch, uncle Guggy will have Ink Overload and break it, and then announce that Ink was secretly an Omega level mutant (even though he's not a mutant)
    I wouldn't be shocked at all...lol