• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I never knew one writer hinting at what another writer has in store could spawn such Pettieness. The lengths of the compliants, it enough to make The back of your hand touched your forhead.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Absolute and utter death at this post! I'm screaming!
    I love u so much lololol... yaaasssss.

now until then what do you think coates would have storm do against the adversary? Will it be a combined effort of her and Shuri or will storm come out on top as the boss bitch ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    But this same being was knocked down by an exploding xjet? I am certain that we here don't believe an exploding xjet is more powerful than some of her attacks. I mean her winds alone were able to knock down Terminus where Thor's hammer was not even able to dent it (in space).

And even if her lightning could not pierce the creature (which I call bull if an exploding xjet could), her lightning most definitely should have been able to topple him. Her lightning has affected to two Heralds of Galactus as well as the following:

Yeah I don't get te logic Guggs had there, I'm guessing the explosion was enough to knock it into Magik's disc or something idk the art doesn't portray it well enough. I wouldn't say the explosion pierced it though, they said that they were not going to be able to put it down hence the plan to trap it in Limbo. If it only had below explosion level durability thenyes I agree Storm should be able to affect it via lightning, but I'm gonna give more attention to the fact it survived and escaped a black hole and didn't feel anything that the rest of the X-Men were giving him than the fact that Guggs needed Kitty to get the last hit in.

I definitely think it's possible for her lightning to get in range of the damage she did while amped, but it's not like he gave her a feat that she already easily accomplished while under her normal power.

@Shepard,

Silver Surfer and Stardust are in the Thor+ powerclass, so that blows your whole argument right there. Also, you and Stormphoenix are trying to impose limits on Storm's powers just to make Stormcaster relevant. Your argument falls flat considering Storm's high end feats which she accomplished without using anything to boost her powers.
    There's a big difference between "affecting" and "severely damaging" so no my argument still stands, plus saying she affected SS is almost considerate of me. In fact even when she causes a hydrogen explosion with her much stronger space lightning he still comes out claiming to be unhurt, so please explain how that feat proves she should be able to replicate what she did in Gold? McDuffie also said that as she was ripping the electrons from Stardust's body and forcing them back to her, she "was already beginning to fall apart before the electrons returned". Remember that I'm just as critical of Guggs as everyone else here, but I can't criticize him for something that never happened, I wouldn't be surprised if it does but no he has yet to spit in regular Storm's face and feats while possessing Stormcaster. I'm really not putting limits to Storm's powers, I'm just saying that she hasn't accomplished what she accomplished with Stormcaster.

While it is true that the power Storm NORMALLY restricts herself to using would probably not hurt a "god-tier" character, however, we know that if you make her mad enough or if she feels the situation is dire enough, she will sometimes let loose with an attack more powerful than she would normally use. When the team goes up against immensely powerful bad guys, those are rare opportunities for her to cut loose and it is disappointing when she doesn't. All of that said, if another character were able to wield Stormcaster, if they fought Storm, she should be able to overpower that hammer with her own innate power levels if she wanted to push the envelop. I don't know why you and Stormphoenix want to have Storm's own innate elemental powers weakened just so Stormcaster can be shown to augment her powers to do things less impressive than what's she's accomplished on her own natural power? There is no upper limit to Storm's own innate power as writers have been able to have her amp up the power of her elemental attacks according to her needs when they feel the story requires it to show her off. Heck, Claremont established her to be a being of near-infinite power. Somebody who can summon the full power of heavenly bodies lightyears away from her doesn't need anything to boost her powers. She can do it all on her own.
    But what has she done so far in the 2 pages that she's had Stormcaster that's less impressive than her normal power other than slightly affecting 2 God-tiers? Also you act like Gugg, me and sp are saying thatonly with the hammer is she at a level that she should be as a Goddess, no man I'm just glad that she can finally do something other than throw unimpressive lightning and pass out, this is just temporary. How are you claiming that this is completely destroying the canon that Claremont and Coates have and are creating when this is not her normal power? This is something that she shouldn't be able to achieve, because it's magic that Loki enchanted into the hammer that gives her power like that of Thor. This can't throw away everything she's achieved under her own power, because really this isn't her power.

I think of this similar to when Dracula turned her into a vampire, it's a different Storm with different abilities, it wouldn't make sense to say that having increased senses and turning into bats would be insulting to her normal power, and it doesn't make much sense here either, that's how I'm looking at this anyway. The feats she already has shouldn't have any relevance to the Goddess of Thunder, and the feats she gains as such will also have no relevance to the normal Storm.

BANNED

This is silly. Guggenheim and Coates are telling two different stories. They do not overlap, the fear that somehow Coates will use Stormcaster is silly. These stories were written months ago with very little connecting the two. The fear is unfounded and to be honest just paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Yeah I don't get te logic Guggs had there, I'm guessing the explosion was enough to knock it into Magik's disc or something idk the art doesn't portray it well enough. I wouldn't say the explosion pierced it though, they said that they were not going to be able to put it down hence the plan to trap it in Limbo. If it only had below explosion level durability thenyes I agree Storm should be able to affect it via lightning, but I'm gonna give more attention to the fact it survived and escaped a black hole and didn't feel anything that the rest of the X-Men were giving him than the fact that Guggs needed Kitty to get the last hit in.
    but there is my point. how can an explosion provide enough energy to knock it over but magik, iceman, rogue, captain Britain could do anything? add to this the showings where storms powers have move entities described as immovable, and affected galactus powered beings. if the objective was just to knock the thing over on magik disc, which by the way could have easily just made it under him, storm power without stormcaster could have done that. especially considering her output is a lot stronger than an exploding xjet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Storm summoning winds strong enough to hurting Dark Phoenix:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/0nFEmO01fcH...2Pq-4eI7=s1600

On the Storm vs. Stardust thing, the fact that she was able to overpower Stardust's control over her own electrons says something. And then sending them back with enough force to blow her apart?

Silver Surfer's power cosmic can also attack people at the subatomic level, but notice how Torch could not do anywhere near the damage Storm pulled in her fight against Stardust...and neither could Beta Ray Bill, who lost to Stardust.

Also, it was on Earth when Storm threw a bolt at Silver Surfer and hurt him in another instance:
    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...2875-24592.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    This is silly. Guggenheim and Coates are telling two different stories. They do not overlap, the fear that somehow Coates will use Stormcaster is silly. These stories were written months ago with very little connecting the two. The fear is unfounded and to be honest just paranoia.
    It IS silly people over trippin that Coates will just incorporate what Guggenheim did with Stormcaster. That just makes me question what goes on in people’s head???? How in your mind can you even conjure something that up. This is simply just Asgardian Strom. It doesn’t undermine Storm at all. And really we shouldn’t be THIS touchy touchy over a writer who doesn’t even have the final say about Storm.

All we have to do is simply wait and see. What Gugg did was amazing the fact people can’t see the potential that Storm can go with this hammer is so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

I definitely think it's possible for her lightning to get in range of the damage she did while amped, but it's not like he gave her a feat that she already easily accomplished while under her normal power.

There's a big difference between "affecting" and "severely damaging" so no my argument still stands, plus saying she affected SS is almost considerate of me. In fact even when she causes a hydrogen explosion with her much stronger space lightning he still comes out claiming to be unhurt, so please explain how that feat proves she should be able to replicate what she did in Gold? McDuffie also said that as she was ripping the electrons from Stardust's body and forcing them back to her, she "was already beginning to fall apart before the electrons returned". Remember that I'm just as critical of Guggs as everyone else here, but I can't criticize him for something that never happened, I wouldn't be surprised if it does but no he has yet to spit in regular Storm's face and feats while possessing Stormcaster. I'm really not putting limits to Storm's powers, I'm just saying that she hasn't accomplished what she accomplished with Stormcaster.

But what has she done so far in the 2 pages that she's had Stormcaster that's less impressive than her normal power other than slightly affecting 2 God-tiers? Also you act like Gugg, me and sp are saying thatonly with the hammer is she at a level that she should be as a Goddess, no man I'm just glad that she can finally do something other than throw unimpressive lightning and pass out, this is just temporary. How are you claiming that this is completely destroying the canon that Claremont and Coates have and are creating when this is not her normal power? This is something that she shouldn't be able to achieve, because it's magic that Loki enchanted into the hammer that gives her power like that of Thor. This can't throw away everything she's achieved under her own power, because really this isn't her power.

I think of this similar to when Dracula turned her into a vampire, it's a different Storm with different abilities, it wouldn't make sense to say that having increased senses and turning into bats would be insulting to her normal power, and it doesn't make much sense here either, that's how I'm looking at this anyway. The feats she already has shouldn't have any relevance to the Goddess of Thunder, and the feats she gains as such will also have no relevance to the normal Storm.
    LOL at ME and YOU, putting limits on Storm. HAHAHAHAH NO it’s called being realistic to what the character can actually do instead of assuming and guessing what she can possibly or maybe do. Storms lightning at its original state would not have harmed Scythian in the slightest. Hence why she used Stormcaster. And it s NOT that bad.
    This is 100% right.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-05-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It IS silly they over here trippin that Coates will just incorporate what Guggenheim gif did with Stormcaster. How in your mind can you even conjure something that up. This is simply just Asgardian Strom. It doesn’t undermine Storm at all.

Exactly. This is 100% right.
    though you both are right it is highly unlikely coates will incorporate stormcaster I think the biggest issue that some are saying is that guggs storytelling undermines what coates has tried to do. guggs writing isn't consistent with coates and it drives home the point that none of what happens there will matter because it is being ignored by the xbooks. I think that is more the concern than anything.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-05-2018 at 05:48 PM.

BANNED

though you both are right it is highly unlikely coates will incorporate stormcaster I think the biggest issue that some are saying is that guggs storytelling undermines what coates has tried to do. guggs writing isn't consistent with coates and it drives home the point that bone of what happens there will matter because it is being ignored by the xbooks. I think that is more the concern than anything.
    And we all UNDERSTAND the reason for your frustration. But it’s NOT going to change what Coates is doing not one bit. But please understand this. This hammer does not act as a henderance. It doesn’t handicap her. This hammer doesn’t undermine Storm it doesn’t crap on Storm this is just another form of Storm. The Hammer is not even enchanted anymore. Now just THINK Kyss. What if Coates does in fact go with Godhood Storm that just gives Storm ANOTHER form. She would now have two forms of herself. She would twice a powerful Goddess.

Remember when you asked me how can Storm beat Juggernaut???? Well here’s your answer she can go Asgardian Form.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.

BANNED

And that would be wack. Stormcaster is an external power boost that does a disservice to her character in multiple ways. The Bright Lady Hadari Yao the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things is an internal power source just like her mutant birthright. They aren't equal in any way.

BANNED

It IS silly people over trippin that Coates will just incorporate what Guggenheim did with Stormcaster. That just makes me question what goes on in people’s head???? How in your mind can you even conjure something that up. This is simply just Asgardian Strom. It doesn’t undermine Storm at all. And really we shouldn’t be THIS touchy touchy over a writer who doesn’t even have the final say about Storm.

All we have to do is simply wait and see. What Gugg did was amazing the fact people can’t see the potential that Storm can go with this hammer is so disappointing.

LOL at ME and YOU, putting limits on Storm. HAHAHAHAH NO it’s called being realistic to what the character can actually do instead of assuming and guessing what she can possibly or maybe do. Storms lightning at its original state would not have harmed Scythian in the slightest. Hence why she used Stormcaster. And it s NOT that bad.
    This is 100% right.
    I would prefer a less white accessory. Storm needs to connect to her own Pantheon not Thor's.

BANNED

I would prefer a less white accessory. Storm needs to connect to her own Pantheon not Thor's.
    That’s fine she doesn’t have to, but let’s not forget she does have some issues with Loki and Hela. But yes, we can go to Africa and she can fight those Gods and their powerful Demons. I think we ALL need to wait and see what Coates puts up. Then we can go from there, but as of now Stormcaster being back is very exciting because now she can go PUNK HULK, Juggernaut, a Skyfather, all these people these Storm haters like to say Storm loses to.

I just hope the hammer increases her durability and strength THAT would be awesome. As much as I dislike Guggenheim’s writing I MUST give him props. I don’t think you guys realized this Guggenheim AND Coates just made Storm a High Tier.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.

BANNED

That’s fine she doesn’t have to, but let’s not forget she does have some issues with Loki and Hela. But yes, we can go to Africa and she can fight those Gods and their powerful Demons. I think we ALL need to wait and see what Coates puts up. Then we can go from there, but as of now Stormcaster being back is very exciting because now she can go PUNK HULK, Juggernaut, a Skyfather, all these people these Storm haters like to say Storm loses to.

I just hope the hammer increases her durability and strength THAT would be awesome. As much as I dislike Guggenheim’s writing I MUST give him props. I don’t think you guys realized this Guggenheim AND Coates just made Storm a High Tier.
    I know the history. I like the history, Asgardian Wars is a classic especially the new mutants issues. I just want Storm's story told not Storm in Thor's.

BANNED

I know the history. I like the history, Asgardian Wars is a classic especially the new mutants issues. I just want Storm's story told not Storm in Thor's.
    That’s fine, you can still do that.

though you both are right it is highly unlikely coates will incorporate stormcaster I think the biggest issue that some are saying is that guggs storytelling undermines what coates has tried to do. guggs writing isn't consistent with coates and it drives home the point that none of what happens there will matter because it is being ignored by the xbooks. I think that is more the concern than anything.
    This is why I have been leery of any character development that happens outside of the X-Men. You get two different continuities, if you will. And since Storm is technically under X-Men's editorial control, which one do you guess will have the most longevity?