• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

her internal attacks will still work. helmet doesn't need to be off. he can't remove her connection to the elements. never said she would use lightning to defeat juggernaut. and that image is too small I can't see what is being said.
    Well, I can't post any other pics if I do it the original way the MOD would get mad. OK Sure fair Enough.....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, I can't post any other pics if I do it the original way the MOD would get mad. OK Sure fair Enough.....
    send it in dm. I tried searching couldn't find it.

and thanks I love when u admit defeat delicious lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    In other news, Screen Rant released their casting choices for the X-Men as part of the MCU and they chose Freema Agyeman as Storm. I am not familiar with her as I don't watch Dr. Who. She's pretty, though, and from what I read she has acting chops. The actress was born in London to an Iranian mother and Ghanaian father. I'd be curious if she could pull off an accent. I wouldn't be mad with this choice.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-mcu-recast/

Attachment 64303
    Attachment 64304
    Attachment 64305
    I don't know about this girl I need to see what she looks like with the FULL get up.

BANNED

send it in dm. I tried searching couldn't find it.

and thanks I love when u admit defeat delicious lol.
    This Juggernaut argument is the ONLY battle you have WON sweet Heart. I've concurred you in MANY Wars. LOL

In other news, Screen Rant released their casting choices for the X-Men as part of the MCU and they chose Freema Agyeman as Storm. I am not familiar with her as I don't watch Dr. Who. She's pretty, though, and from what I read she has acting chops. The actress was born in London to an Iranian mother and Ghanaian father. I'd be curious if she could pull off an accent. I wouldn't be mad with this choice.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-mcu-recast/

Attachment 64303
    Attachment 64304
    Attachment 64305
    Pass. I'm ready for a dark skinned monoracial Storm on the big screen.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    i don't mind a biracial casting so long as she is highly melanated

I don't think bi-racial parentage should be a qualifier for the role. I am about the person's acting skills, stage presence and look. Her complexion matches what I've seen in the comics so it is not an issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This Juggernaut argument is the ONLY battle you have WON sweet Heart. I've concurred you in MANY Wars. LOL
    In your dreams :P

this..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Even when Marvel takes over, I really don't see them hiring anyone darker than the Byrne Era. She may be a little darker that Shipp and Berry but we aren't going to see dark chocolate Storm. And BP isn't a comparison because that's it's own entity and with them supposedly being in Africa well...that speaks for itself WHICH in a sense is stereotypical and in a sense it isn't. But yeah I figure she'll be a shade or two darker than Berry. Which I am fine with because as Stormrocks said, this is how she's been portrayed for the longest. Everything else is speculation and Coates Blue/black things will be all but forgotten and, more importantly, dismissed lol. I never agreed with it to begin with, personally. I do see her as being dark skinned but no darker than Iman. Blue/black really just made me roll my eye's if i'm to be honest because it was SUCH a reach. Like....he should've broken an arm reaching that hard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Even when Marvel takes over, I really don't see them hiring anyone darker than the Byrne Era. She may be a little darker that Shipp and Berry but we aren't going to see dark chocolate Storm. And BP isn't a comparison because that's it's own entity and with them supposedly being in Africa well...that speaks for itself WHICH in a sense is stereotypical and in a sense it isn't. But yeah I figure she'll be a shade or two darker than Berry. Which I am fine with because as Stormrocks said, this is how she's been portrayed for the longest. Everything else is speculation and Coates Blue/black things will be all but forgotten and, more importantly, dismissed lol. I never agreed with it to begin with, personally. I do see her as being dark skinned but no darker than Iman. Blue/black really just made me roll my eye's if i'm to be honest because it was SUCH a reach. Like....he should've broken an arm reaching that hard lol.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.

https://screenrant.com/dewanda-wise-mcu-storm/

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

https://screenrant.com/dewanda-wise-mcu-storm/
    Yes I have seen this. I am not opposed to her playing Ororo by any means. However, all lot of people were campaigning for Lupita to be cast as Storm...and we see how that went lol. Granted it was fox. But it just goes to show that the casting directors are still going to follow their directive. And Dewanda is in the same ball park as Iman and Naomi color wise. And they both are, personally, around the tone I would imagine Ororo being.

I don't think bi-racial parentage should be a qualifier for the role. I am about the person's acting skills, stage presence and look. Her complexion matches what I've seen in the comics so it is not an issue to me.
    This is me all day.

With how successful the female characters in BP were and the backlash that Shipp and Berry always get, I could definitely see Marvel casting a darker skinned Storm. Maybe not blue-black but more of a chocolate brown.

With how successful the female characters in BP were and the backlash that Shipp and Berry always get, I could definitely see Marvel casting a darker skinned Storm. Maybe not blue-black but more of a chocolate brown.
    Yup I agree with this.

For me I think her bi-racial parentage is as important as the other things you mentioned. The reason being to colorism and how it impacts Hollywood and people's perception of black people in not only America but abroad. It was why Black Panther was so important and groundbreaking. People got to see that black people (not beyonce, rihanna, halle berry, alex shipp, etc. type characters) be strong, intelligent, superheroes, and beautiful. I recall seeing an interview were Korean movie goers were asked about their impression of Black Panther, and one guy mentioned that he didn't know that black people could be beautiful. That comment in itself was so powerful because it talks to the importance of why representation is so needed, especially in Hollywood. So in the case of Storm, a woman whose parents were both black and she herself was initially shown as a dark skinned woman I think it is important to stay true to that. How often do we see dark skinned black women showcased in the fashion Storm is as she is represented in the comics? So maybe for you the ideals of colorism and misogynoir are not important (which is fine) but I couldn't disagree with you more. Black Panther is the evidence on why it is needed that in casting Storm MCU get a black girl and not one that continues to drive home this idea that things that are light/bi-racial are more beautiful or more desired than chocolate persons, especially since canonically speaking Storm is on the darker side not lighter.