10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For me I think her bi-racial parentage is as important as the other things you mentioned. The reason being to colorism and how it impacts Hollywood and people's perception of black people in not only America but abroad. It was why Black Panther was so important and groundbreaking. People got to see that black people (not beyonce, rihanna, halle berry, alex shipp, etc. type characters) be strong, intelligent, superheroes, and beautiful. I recall seeing an interview were Korean movie goers were asked about their impression of Black Panther, and one guy mentioned that he didn't know that black people could be beautiful. That comment in itself was so powerful because it talks to the importance of why representation is so needed, especially in Hollywood. So in the case of Storm, a woman whose parents were both black and she herself was initially shown as a dark skinned woman I think it is important to stay true to that. How often do we see dark skinned black women showcased in the fashion Storm is as she is represented in the comics? So maybe for you the ideals of colorism and misogynoir are not important (which is fine) but I couldn't disagree with you more. Black Panther is the evidence on why it is needed that in casting Storm MCU get a black girl and not one that continues to drive home this idea that things that are light/bi-racial are more beautiful or more desired than chocolate persons, especially since canonically speaking Storm is on the darker side not lighter.
    Well said. Seeing women in BP who look like me was something that I've wanted to see in a big budget superhero movie since I first watched X-Men back in the day. It too meat too long to get to this point but we are finely here and I hope they continue it.

BANNED

I want whoever to Play Storm to have BIG BOOBS and fat butt :-)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    so long as she doesn't look like she is hanging on some cable when she is flying i'm good with an earthy looking Storm and so long as you're with that look expect her to be relegated to the Mammy archetype of the group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    so long as she doesn't look like she is hanging on some cable when she is flying i'm good with an earthy looking Storm and so long as you're with that look expect her to be relegated to the Mammy archetype of the group.
    Lol Big Boob Mom. Yeah, Storm in ALL iterations of the X-Men Movies Storm has been portrayed to be EXTREMELY stiff. I’ve never thought Storm to be stiff when using her powers.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Well said. Seeing women in BP who look like me was something that I've wanted to see in a big budget superhero movie since I first watched X-Men back in the day. It too meat too long to get to this point but we are finely here and I hope they continue it.
    thank you and exactly. I think marvel will continue this after bp reception.

you don't care about that lol.

the apocalypse flight scenes were the worst. she looking like she was zip lining lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Yes I have seen this. I am not opposed to her playing Ororo by any means. However, all lot of people were campaigning for Lupita to be cast as Storm...and we see how that went lol. Granted it was fox. But it just goes to show that the casting directors are still going to follow their directive. And Dewanda is in the same ball park as Iman and Naomi color wise. And they both are, personally, around the tone I would imagine Ororo being.
    Naomi is definitely my version of how I would imagine storm to look. iman is gorgeous but she is still a bit on the more yellow side. I want them to cast a woman more along the lines of demands and Naomi who are both unquestionably dark skinned women.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

you don't care about that lol.
    *GASP!!* How Dare You!! You don’t know what I care about!!. I LIKES the Melons!!!............your right I don’t. But seriously I do want Storm to be a little thick

Niffleheim

the apocalypse flight scenes were the worst. she looking like she was zip lining lol.
    it was a horror sequence like why did they even bother?

*GASP!!* How Dare You!! You don’t know what I care about!!. I LIKES the Melons!!!............your right I don’t. But seriously I do want Storm to be a little thick
    how thick are we talking about here? like this thick?

Last edited by Tofali; 04-06-2018 at 02:57 PM.

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you for posting!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This made me laugh out loud. Thank you for posting!
    Your Welcome:-)

Like......Cardi B thick

Niffleheim

Well! it took Cardi B a long time to look as she does now i support character development too so i wouldn't mind Ororo to gradually grow in to Cardi B.

For me I think her bi-racial parentage is as important as the other things you mentioned. The reason being to colorism and how it impacts Hollywood and people's perception of black people in not only America but abroad. It was why Black Panther was so important and groundbreaking. People got to see that black people (not beyonce, rihanna, halle berry, alex shipp, etc. type characters) be strong, intelligent, superheroes, and beautiful. I recall seeing an interview were Korean movie goers were asked about their impression of Black Panther, and one guy mentioned that he didn't know that black people could be beautiful. That comment in itself was so powerful because it talks to the importance of why representation is so needed, especially in Hollywood. So in the case of Storm, a woman whose parents were both black and she herself was initially shown as a dark skinned woman I think it is important to stay true to that. How often do we see dark skinned black women showcased in the fashion Storm is as she is represented in the comics? So maybe for you the ideals of colorism and misogynoir are not important (which is fine) but I couldn't disagree with you more. Black Panther is the evidence on why it is needed that in casting Storm MCU get a black girl and not one that continues to drive home this idea that things that are light/bi-racial are more beautiful or more desired than chocolate persons, especially since canonically speaking Storm is on the darker side not lighter.
    I didn't say that colorism and misogynoir aren't important to me, because they are. I simply said that bi-racial parentage shouldn't be used as a disqualifying factor. I have cousins for whom both of their parents are black and they are what my grandmother refers to as "high yellow". I would object to someone of their skin tone playing Storm. Conversely, I know people of bi-racial parentage who are darker and have a mocha complexion. I have no issue with them playing Storm. It's not because of colorism or misogynoir, either.

This is why I said I am about the person's acting skills, stage presence and look. They are playing a part of a fictional character. For the most part, I don't care who they are in real life as long as they can act, have the presence that the character demands and looks the part.

lolol I'm always right boo when it comes to arguing with u :P and thick is nice.

like seriously when I saw it I thought i was watching a pre edited version of the film. it looked so cheap.

Your Welcome:-)

Like......Cardi B thick
    ugh no she has a gut. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I didn't say that colorism and misogynoir aren't important to me, because they are. I simply said that bi-racial parentage shouldn't be used as a disqualifying factor. I have cousins for whom both of their parents are black and they are what my grandmother refers to as "high yellow". I would object to someone of their skin tone playing Storm. Conversely, I know people of bi-racial parentage who are darker and have a mocha complexion. I have no issue with them playing Storm. It's not because of colorism or misogynoir, either.

This is why I said I am about the person's acting skills, stage presence and look. They are playing a part of a fictional character. For the most part, I don't care who they are in real life as long as they can act, have the presence that the character demands and looks the part.
    I know that children who come from two black parents can be high yellow, but you made the point of saying biracial person wouldn't be a disqualifier which in Hollywood casting world equates to a person of fairer skin tone.

and I agree the person should be able to act and have the presence and look. but would it be that hard to find a dark skinned actress who possess all the qualities you are looking for? I just want mcu to try as hard as they can to find a woman who fit the original esthetic of the character and not go for default biracial person as fox did. there is plenty of visibilty to biracial and light skinned actresses in mainstream Hollywood. the same is not the case for dark skinned actresses.

Hey guys, so next month Storm is going to be in the #5 issue of rise of the black panther... I was wondering does this timeline confuse you guys? I'm a little confused because I thought they married during his first year? What do y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey guys, so next month Storm is going to be in the #5 issue of rise of the black panther... I was wondering does this timeline confuse you guys? I'm a little confused because I thought they married during his first year? What do y'all think?
    issue 5 is an account of tchalla and Ororo interaction before she became an xmen.