10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm also absolutely here for this! The potential shade throwing and the inevitable fellowship of sisterhood? I'm here for it. No questions asked.
    I hope the writer includes shade/banter all of it boo!!!! Shes on twitter I should ask....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I hope the writer includes shade/banter all of it boo!!!! Shes on twitter I should ask....
    Omg, yes! Ask her. I know it plays into the trope of women drama starting all because of a man. But realistically speaking, all these women do have logical stakes in the matters of T'Challa's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi there beloved!!!
    I completely get this and your previous point but I guess let me ask you this. Based upon your understanding of both Tchalla and Adversary's powerset how would Tchalla take him out? I do understand it is his book but as I see it and his representation in this title he has been seating on the sidelines being a damsel in distress. He's had his moments where he has shine where his mental/tactical and/or physical attributes paved the path for a victory. He has been the chess player with the foresight to know where to utilize each of his chess pieces, one of which include Ororo. In regards to your point about what if this were her solo, I see her interactions here much like the storytelling in Xmen WAP. For all Ororo's willpower and strength she had to rely on Bast to help her beat Vast because she was powerless against Shadow King alone. Her story but she didnt ultimately save the day, she had to seek help here and it was fine. This is exactly how I see this battle. Yes its tchalla book but what could he possibly do against adversary? Based upon the story the Coates has told off all the players the only one who stands a chance is Ororo. I mean Tchalla could ultimately save the day but it wouldn't make much sense if we take into account all of what Coates has done starting with the beginning of this arc. Nevertheless, I think we are saying the same thing but differently. It seems you are ok with Storm defeating Adversary as long as the strategy used to defeat him is from Tchalla. I'm totally ok with this. As long as Storm as the Hadari Yao is fully realized by her taking out adversary I would be completely and totally satisfied. I don't think I ever said he shouldn't get any shine only that Storm should be the one to decisively end the threat which is adversary.

I think, at least from the preview that dropped today, the team will work together and they will get their arses handed to them and something will push Ororo to save the day. I don't see this as playing like kitty at all, especially considering out of 20 or so issues she has been featured in perhaps 4 or 5 of them. I think the comparison between Kitty in Gold with Storm having the gods/goddesses storyline wrapped up with her being a fully realized goddess is a bit of a stretch. Tchalla has been setting the path and stage for Wakand a during the "no one man" revolution, he has been the one strategizing and setting the path to beat Klaw. O'roro has been but one of the chess pieces in a battle he has tactically fought. She hasn't been the one making the plan or delegating who should do what to ensure a victory. so I don't think your comparison is a fair one.

Ok yes! I definitely agree that we are trying to say very similar things here, just coming at it from different perspectives. We both want T'challa to get his deserved respect and credit is his book, like Storm got in WAP. We both are fine and even hopeful that Ororo will be his literal "Deus ex Machina" aka the key to the power he needs to take down The Adversary just as Bast was Storm's "Ace in Hole" to her cunning defeat of the Shadow King. It was her masterful plan and Bast's Godly power that worked together symbiotically to take down the threat. Very good comparison btw!!! Absolutely on board for all of that and very hopeful that we will all get what we want. The only qualms I think some more hardcore BP fans would argue is that Storm is not to T'challa what Bast, the Panther Goddess herself, is to T'challa and all of Wakanda. Storm is rightfully and integrally connected to T'challa and Wakanda at this point, you will never find an argument from me there. I love her being a part of that legacy, which in my eyes only adds a global and nuanced level to her already outstanding reputation as one of the greatest and most legendary superheroes ever through her time with the X-men. But some would argue, and with some merit, that Bast was there from the beginning and she will be there till the end. She IS foundational to the entire BP mythos. I mean the name Black Panther alone says it all. Her, T'challa, and Wakanda will always have a bond that literally no one else in the BP mythos or the entire 616 can paramount. She is THE Panther Goddess, Guardian and Protector of Wakanda and it's people via her mortal figurehead here on Earth, T'challa. So I believe some people would say it's just apples and oranges. Ororo may be/be becoming a Goddess in the African Pantheon, something I very much hope for, but to compare Storm helping T'challa to defeat a threat to Wakanda to Bast helping him is a stretch in and of itself. Not so much a qualm for me tbh, but deeeeeefinitely something I can see hardcore BP fans mentioning at that comparison.

Speaking of stretches!!! Haha you are absolutely fair and correct to say that my comparison of Storm to Kitty was a stretch and in many ways inaccurate. I see that and honestly I cringe at the thought of putting them, as they are currently, in the same box. I will happily take the L there lmaooo! Basically what my OBSCENE exaggeration was trying to say, very simply, was that I want all characters to get their fair due in the end. I don't wan't all of these moving parts and characters that Coates has wonderfully weaved into these story arcs to be bluntly and disrespectfully pushed to the side to make way for the "Ororo Show" next issue. As much as that show would get all of my coins!! Lol we'll have our time for that in her upcoming solo, Goddess willing. But as you said, everyone seems to be taking part so far in the preview and that makes me happy and comforted that everyone will get their time for shine and we will have a fantastic conclusion to this story that Coates has so graciously crafted for all of us, BP World and Storm fans alike.

BANNED

So what’s this I hear about Storm’s solo being “on hold”. What’d Jordan do?

TBH they should just give Gold to Coates. I’d love to see Mainfold finally join the X-Men.

This is where I think your assessment is incorrect. Yes the statement about glimpsing divinity and power could mean a lot of different things if you completely ignore what happened prior to that showing, the showing itself, and everything after it. Portals where opening all across Wakanda allowing the originators to enter Wakanda. Multiple high mystics tried together invoking the name of the Orishnas and though they were able to close the portal they all died. zawavari tried to do the same and had a stroke doing it. Storm initially tried and failed but was subsequently able to stop the bad weather and close the portal which we know was now the direct cause of Adversary power. So I think if you come to conclusion you have you would have to ignore the stories he has told. and agreed about what we want. I think I answered your question in the ps above.
    Fair enough! We actually don't disagree on everything here either in reality. I fully acknowledge and agree that all of those aspects to his story so far are undeniably pointing in the direction of something big and exciting happening regarding Ororo and the power of divinity. I just want all of the loose ends and references to be summed up succinctly with a definitive explanation of what has been happening to her in these instances and what it means for her, power and character-wise, going forward. I want something more than just a bubble quote statement when it comes to Ororo's solidification as a Goddess of the African Pantheon, something which has been referenced and subtly hinted at over the decades since her very inception! That's all and hopefully come next issue we will get some meat on those Goddess story bones and I will happily be a passenger on the Goddess Express.

I know something different happened when Ororo tried the second time to disperse the inter-dimensional storm plaguing Wakanda, and I realize that all of the other mystics who tried to help previously via their ancient and practiced traditions of praying to the Orishas failed. I just saw that as part of the mystery, which will hopefully be solved next issue, of what happened to the Gods/Orishas of Wakanda? Where did they go? That, as well, has been a major part of this storyline not to be ignored, and as of yet we don't know whether Ororo's "glimpses of divinity" are directly correlated to their disappearance or whether her ascension is something that is entirely and separately happening within herself due to her own natural progression. So, you see, I think we may very well end up on the same page come next issue. Right now, with all of these tidbits still left unexplained and the story not yet fully fleshed out, I prefer to wait for a more solid explanation and exposition in regards to what has been going on with the Orishas, the Originators, and Ororo Divinity. And how that all ties back into The Adversary's return! It sounds like a lot to accomplish in one issue so I have my worries, but if anyone can bring this all together in an eloquent and succinct way, it's Coates. He has my faith now.

So while we see things a bit differently in regards to the the true meaning of the things that have already transpired, I see that we are hoping for the same end. So I will respectfully and lovingly agree to disagree on those few things until we get this glorious issue in JUST 5 DAYS AHHHH!!! Then, if all goes as we hope and pray it does, I will joyfully be your co-conductor on this train

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Chun-Li is THAT girl. Ugh. Her mind is SICKENING
    Me @ Nicki for the SICK shout-out that's getting a lot of buzz and Chun-Li in general

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Me @ Nicki for the SICK shout-out that's getting a lot of buzz and Chun-Li in general

I do love the shout out. Chun-Li has always been that girl. She threw in the Storm line, too? Yaasss, Nicki!

http://thegeekiary.com/wakanda-forev...en-comic/51542

The WAKANDA FOREVER story starts in June with Okoye, Ayo and Aneka teaming up with everyone’s favorite webslinger, Spider-Man! In the second installment of WAKANDA FOREVER, out this July, the Wakanda warriors meet the X-Men – including the Black Panther’s one true love, Storm! But when Okoye, Ayo and Aneka come up against deadly former Dora Milaje member Nakia, their mission turns to protecting their king – no matter what the cost…

The Nay-sayers are SHOOK out here right now. The rest of us can party it up!!!

BANNED

Too bad BP’s in love with a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Aww, shucks. I respect you too. I especially respect how you personally make way for the truth... I'm scaaaaid of you, honey.
    es. I understand. I really enjoy being here with all of you guys. It feels so good to bounce ideas off my fellow Storm fans. I just get so giddy. It's no wonder her thread is the most popping hangout spot on the X-boards. YOU just keep doing what YOU do. I promise I'm gonna be here for it! Yes, love!!!
    Me, currently

Thank you so much, BB! Ditto to allllll of that x 1000. I am practically BASKING in all of this love right now and I receive it with joy (Lil Handmaids ref for y'all lol). Don't ever change fa nuthin! We all bring so many different thoughts and perspectives to the table here which is what makes this thread and it's participants unique and what makes us one big, crazy, beautiful Storm lovin family, no matter if we disagree on certain things. Respect and love to ALL of you wonderful peeps!
    Last edited by Ororo101; 04-13-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Too bad BP’s in love with a lesbian.

Lololol TOTALLY kidding with ya DDM, I'm always looking for an excuse to use a New York gif tbh. But in all seriousness, I would love for you to expound on that comment? Unless you were just joking, of course. I know many of us are on different sides of the fence when it comes down to Ororo's Hetero, Pan, or Bisexuality. Personally on the the Bi train of opinion when it comes to her myself. Do you really believe her never to have had any real, genuine, loving connections with a man? Honestly just asking out of curiosity, since I've never heard this take before lmao

BANNED

I mean, she’s heteromantic but the puss craves puss. No wonder she got bored.

:3

BANNED

tho tbh I enjoy the slow burn chemistry Coates is building with them. It feels exciting and earned in a way their sham marriage never did. If it continues along these lines, with Storm in charge btw, I’m cool with it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    So what’s this I hear about Storm’s solo being “on hold”. What’d Jordan do?

TBH they should just give Gold to Coates. I’d love to see Mainfold finally join the X-Men.
    I found this. Can't speak to authenticity.

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (4429 posts) - 6 days, 40 minutes ago - Show Bio
    Okay, so I just got back from C2E2 and I got a chance to speak to Jen Bartel.

And as many of you know Jen Bartel & Ta-Nehisi Coates have been said to be working on the Storm solo. I asked Jen if she googles herself and are the rumors are true about Storm's new solo? She said it's true. Jen Bartel (artist) said to me that Coates has wanted to work on a Storm solo for a good while now. She said he is currently working on Captain America at the moment, so after that and they both find time, they will both work on the Storm solo together. I also told her that Storm isn't exactly in the best of place in comics at the moment in X-men Gold.

She said that her promo art of Storm for upcoming solo included locks and a more fashionista like outfit. I even got a copy of it autographed. She said that Coates is pushing for this look at well. It is fierce! I love it. I imagine this new look is supposed to mark a new strong era of Storm. OBVIOUSLY this is a promo-like image. The new look isn't confirmed. Anything can change. But BIG THINGS are on the Horizon! And Jen Bartel is one of the most enchanting artists in the game! She's perfect for Storm. He art has a beautiful enchanted style that embraces different ethnicity and peoples. She finds a way to show the beauty in any character in a new and fresh way. Here's too a bold new future, Storm fans, that can't come fast enough!

P.S.

This was just based off a conversation I had. Nothing is set in stone. I don't work for Marvel. So take what I say just based off that one one conversation value. Either way, I can't wait to cosplay this!!!

She then added this in comments

4 Edited by poisonfleur (4429 posts) - 5 days, 19 minutes ago - Show Bio
    Yeah.. I only went to C2E2 on Friday and had about 5-10 min conversation with her about it at her booth. I didn't hear anything about the plot nor do I know what it means by Coates is working on Cap now. Does that mean that we'll have to wait till the Cap book is up and running? Or does that mean till after his Cap run is over? Hopefully he will work on multiple books. I should have clarified and asked. But I believed it was a scheduling thing between the two. I don't know how long it takes to create a comic with writing, art, and publishing.

I was happy that she said that the both of them want to give Storm a new look in the reference of the promo image. <3

With that said I also expressed how disappointed I was with Storm in X-men Gold. And I got the sense that Bartel had a really good sense and love for the character and wanted to evolved as a character. I forgot who she said, but apparently someone leaked that a Storm solo was in the works, so it's not really a secret, btw.

I really hope this solo comes sooner rather than later