1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Thanks for the update Cville!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Me, currently

Thank you so much, BB! Ditto to allllll of that x 1000. I am practically BASKING in all of this love right now and I receive it with joy (Lil Handmaids ref for y'all lol). Don't ever change fa nuthin! We all bring so many different thoughts and perspectives to the table here which is what makes this thread and it's participants unique and what makes us one big, crazy, beautiful Storm lovin family, no matter if we disagree on certain things. Respect and love to ALL of you wonderful peeps!
    Lol you take me out with these gifs! It's always a nice feeling when you meet a like-minded individual. Our views are similar in a lot of ways. And parts where we do disagree you made a logical argument that brought me over to your side. Like, BOOM! Lololol you betta do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I found this. Can't speak to authenticity.

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (4429 posts) - 6 days, 40 minutes ago - Show Bio
    Okay, so I just got back from C2E2 and I got a chance to speak to Jen Bartel.

And as many of you know Jen Bartel & Ta-Nehisi Coates have been said to be working on the Storm solo. I asked Jen if she googles herself and are the rumors are true about Storm's new solo? She said it's true. Jen Bartel (artist) said to me that Coates has wanted to work on a Storm solo for a good while now. She said he is currently working on Captain America at the moment, so after that and they both find time, they will both work on the Storm solo together. I also told her that Storm isn't exactly in the best of place in comics at the moment in X-men Gold.

She said that her promo art of Storm for upcoming solo included locks and a more fashionista like outfit. I even got a copy of it autographed. She said that Coates is pushing for this look at well. It is fierce! I love it. I imagine this new look is supposed to mark a new strong era of Storm. OBVIOUSLY this is a promo-like image. The new look isn't confirmed. Anything can change. But BIG THINGS are on the Horizon! And Jen Bartel is one of the most enchanting artists in the game! She's perfect for Storm. He art has a beautiful enchanted style that embraces different ethnicity and peoples. She finds a way to show the beauty in any character in a new and fresh way. Here's too a bold new future, Storm fans, that can't come fast enough!

P.S.

This was just based off a conversation I had. Nothing is set in stone. I don't work for Marvel. So take what I say just based off that one one conversation value. Either way, I can't wait to cosplay this!!!
    She then added this in comments

4 Edited by poisonfleur (4429 posts) - 5 days, 19 minutes ago - Show Bio
    Yeah.. I only went to C2E2 on Friday and had about 5-10 min conversation with her about it at her booth. I didn't hear anything about the plot nor do I know what it means by Coates is working on Cap now. Does that mean that we'll have to wait till the Cap book is up and running? Or does that mean till after his Cap run is over? Hopefully he will work on multiple books. I should have clarified and asked. But I believed it was a scheduling thing between the two. I don't know how long it takes to create a comic with writing, art, and publishing.

I was happy that she said that the both of them want to give Storm a new look in the reference of the promo image. <3

With that said I also expressed how disappointed I was with Storm in X-men Gold. And I got the sense that Bartel had a really good sense and love for the character and wanted to evolved as a character. I forgot who she said, but apparently someone leaked that a Storm solo was in the works, so it's not really a secret, btw.

I really hope this solo comes sooner rather than later
    Thanks so much, Cville. Coates is really going with the slow burn effect. Everything with her character is thought out, calculated and done with rigorous attention to detail. Jen's art only serves to hammer this point home further. I cannot wait to have issue #1 in my hands and immerse myself in her art. When the preview drops I'm gonna need life support. I'm gonna get myself so worked up its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I mean, she’s heteromantic but the puss craves puss. No wonder she got bored.

:3
    Hahaha I am really done with you! But, not really. In fact I hope you're just getting started lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    tho tbh I enjoy the slow burn chemistry Coates is building with them. It feels exciting and earned in a way their sham marriage never did. If it continues along these lines, with Storm in charge btw, I’m cool with it. <3
    Me too DDM! I'll be honest and admit that back then when the marriage was being built up to in the middle of Civil War when I was just a young Storm fanboy and a COMPLETE BP/T'challa noob I wasn't all for it and I thought it was rushed into myself. I even may have called him... Catman... mush to my personal shame and embarrassment these days lol. But over the last 12 years since then (which is WILD to think about), I have come to not only inform myself upon their past history and BP's mythos, but I've really grown to love T'challa as the character and man he is, faults and all. His Machismo Pride might get in the way of his better judgement sometimes lol. But I do think he's a good man and that he really tries to do his best and keep his people safe and happy as King. Most importantly that he loves her, truly. So I'm also loving the slow build up and the TIME and ATTENTION being paid to their relationship this time around. Makes my heart happy when I see them together!

BANNED

When did they first show BP & Storm together? I remember there being a flashback when they were both kids and that it was an older Uncanny issue. I want to say Claremont...because when they did the whole marriage thing around CW I remember thinking "ok..yea...they established that long ago"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Hahaha I am really done with you! But, not really. In fact I hope you're just getting started lmao

Me too DDM! I'll be honest and admit that back then when the marriage was being built up to in the middle of Civil War when I was just a young Storm fanboy and a COMPLETE BP/T'challa noob I wasn't all for it and I thought it was rushed into myself. I even may have called him... Catman... mush to my personal shame and embarrassment these days lol. But over the last 12 years since then (which is WILD to think about), I have come to not only inform myself upon their past history and BP's mythos, but I've really grown to love T'challa as the character and man he is, faults and all. His Machismo Pride might get in the way of his better judgement sometimes lol. But I do think he's a good man and that he really tries to do his best and keep his people safe and happy as King. Most importantly that he loves her, truly. So I'm also loving the slow build up and the TIME and ATTENTION being paid to their relationship this time around. Makes my heart happy when I see them together!
    This mimics my experience so much it's scary. In the early years of the marriage I too resented the relationship because of her treatment in his book. It took some time to come around to truly appreciating them as a couple. The slow burn feel Coates has taken is refreshing. The fact that he writes them as passionate lovers with and undeniable understanding of one another is almost too much to handle. I'm truly grateful for his efforts. And he writes her as the powerhouse we all know her to be. It's like he's done his homework on all the gripes Storm fans have with the original storyline of their marriage. He's a baaaad man.

BANNED

For those of us who have bad feelings about Storm's treatment during her marriage with Panther, I think we can all agree if Coates were going to write Panther for the next 10 or 20 years, a Storm/T'challa marriage would work well based on how he's been writing them together over the last year. My question is with Coates adding Storm to the African pantheon of "gods" and "goddesses", when another writer comes on after he eventually leaves (hopefully he stays on for a long, LONG time), do you think Storm being made a bonafide "goddess" would prevent an encore performance of the mistakes that happened the first time around if they tied the knot for a second time? Or do you think she would be written down again in order for him to shine despite being made a "goddess"? Do you think the editors that handle BP's book would mandate at some point that she be written down to prop him up like they did during Maberry's stint on the title?
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-13-2018 at 07:30 PM.

BANNED

I was just thinking about Adversary. It actually makes more sense for him to be a Storm foe than a Forge one. I mean, with Forge, all you'd get are a bunch of stories where he uses that same spell over and over again to beat him. That gets old real fast. With Storm, however, especially developing this whole "goddess" aspect Coates has been playing with over the last 12 months, the battles could be exciting. Adversary could be Storm quintessential nemesis. Wolverine had Sabertooth, Captian America has Red Skull, Iron Man has Mandarin, The Fantastic Four has Dr. Doom, and Storm can have Adversary. I think he is PERFECT for her, to be honest. He's still largely a blank slate waiting to be fleshed out as he has hardly been used!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I was just thinking about Adversary. It actually makes more sense for him to be a Storm foe than a Forge one. I mean, with Forge, all you'd get are a bunch of stories where he uses that same spell over and over again to beat him. That gets old real fast. With Storm, however, especially developing this whole "goddess" aspect Coates has been playing with over the last 12 months, the battles could be exciting. Adversary could be Storm quintessential nemesis. Wolverine had Sabertooth, Captian America has Red Skull, Iron Man has Mandarin, The Fantastic Four has Dr. Doom, and Storm can have Adversary. I think he is PERFECT for her, to be honest. He's still largely a blank slate waiting to be fleshed out as he has hardly been used!
    But, it was Forge's spell that defeated the Adversary and not Storm's elemental abilities; is that not true?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    But, it was Forge's spell that defeated the Adversary and not Storm's elemental abilities; is that not true?
    In the story you are referring to, it was established that Adversary feared both Storm's and Forge's power and potential. While the story showed us why Adversary feared Forge's power, it never fleshed out what it was about Ororo's power and potential that frightened him. I think Coates is delving into that aspect of Storm with this whole "goddess" aspect of the character he's been developing. I have hopes that he's going to show us exactly why Adversary feared Ororo.

BANNED

Technically the Adversary is Forge’s own personal Villain because it ties to his own BackStory and origin. As for Storm she shares this Villain with Forge because he duped her and made a complete Fool out of her. She also shares other major Villains like the Shadow King. Storm doesn’t exactly have her OWN Villain. Other than Dracula. Your correct it was Forges spell and the sacrafice of the X-Men’s lives to trap Adversary. Unfortunately in that Story Storms powers were not useful at all. But next week who knows what could happen.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-13-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    For those of us who have bad feelings about Storm's treatment during her marriage with Panther, I think we can all agree if Coates were going to write Panther for the next 10 or 20 years, a Storm/T'challa marriage would work well based on how he's been writing them together over the last year. My question is with Coates adding Storm to the African pantheon of "gods" and "goddesses", when another writer comes on after he eventually leaves (hopefully he stays on for a long, LONG time), do you think Storm being made a bonafide "goddess" would prevent an encore performance of the mistakes that happened the first time around if they tied the knot for a second time? Or do you think she would be written down again in order for him to shine despite being made a "goddess"? Do you think the editors that handle BP's book would mandate at some point that she be written down to prop him up like they did during Maberry's stint on the title?
    As a BP fan, NO NOOO HEEEEELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!! to the bold. He needs to go as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    actually yes I have. she helped storm by taking out shadow king:

Still, Doomwar contradicts this. Bast was the finally lock to protect the vibranium from anyone who wish to steal it. She let Doom through despite his horrendous past and current treatment of T'Challa and Storm because she saw his intent was pure, despite the cost to Wakanda. She was more a universal force than protector of Wakanda.

Even in this example, she devours Shadow King because he touch T'Challa, not because he wronged Wakanda.

I found this. Can't speak to authenticity.

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (4429 posts) - 6 days, 40 minutes ago - Show Bio
    Okay, so I just got back from C2E2 and I got a chance to speak to Jen Bartel.

And as many of you know Jen Bartel & Ta-Nehisi Coates have been said to be working on the Storm solo. I asked Jen if she googles herself and are the rumors are true about Storm's new solo? She said it's true. Jen Bartel (artist) said to me that Coates has wanted to work on a Storm solo for a good while now. She said he is currently working on Captain America at the moment, so after that and they both find time, they will both work on the Storm solo together. I also told her that Storm isn't exactly in the best of place in comics at the moment in X-men Gold.

She said that her promo art of Storm for upcoming solo included locks and a more fashionista like outfit. I even got a copy of it autographed. She said that Coates is pushing for this look at well. It is fierce! I love it. I imagine this new look is supposed to mark a new strong era of Storm. OBVIOUSLY this is a promo-like image. The new look isn't confirmed. Anything can change. But BIG THINGS are on the Horizon! And Jen Bartel is one of the most enchanting artists in the game! She's perfect for Storm. He art has a beautiful enchanted style that embraces different ethnicity and peoples. She finds a way to show the beauty in any character in a new and fresh way. Here's too a bold new future, Storm fans, that can't come fast enough!

P.S.

This was just based off a conversation I had. Nothing is set in stone. I don't work for Marvel. So take what I say just based off that one one conversation value. Either way, I can't wait to cosplay this!!!
    This phrasing concerns me greatly. When they both have time? The time frame is so loose! I wish there was a concrete date to which they were working!

BANNED

The adversary never feared Storm and still doesn't. Forge thought he did but every time they fought he's shown he doesn't. Forge studied years to perfect that spell I am not sure how they beat the adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    As a BP fan, NO NOOO HEEEEELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!! to the bold. He needs to go as soon as possible.
    Agreed. He can write Storm for as long as he likes but there’s no need for him to ruin the BP mythos more than he already has. I’m done with him constantly writing T’Challa as a damn chump.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agreed. He can write Storm for as long as he likes but there’s no need for him to ruin the BP mythos more than he already has. I’m done with him constantly writing T’Challa as a damn chump.
    I'm sure you probably explained your opinion before (and I missed it...sorry) but how is T'Challa being written as a chump?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-14-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.