• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The adversary never feared Storm and still doesn't. Forge thought he did but every time they fought he's shown he doesn't. Forge studied years to perfect that spell I am not sure how they beat the adversary.
    Storm and Adversary only fought once, so what you mean by "everytime they fought"? CC chose to highlight Forge that go around with Adversary, but next round may have been focused on Storm with Forge out of the picture had CC stayed on the title long enough to cycle back to an Adversary story. Besides, even Adversary himself stated that Ororo was a worthy foe while it was obvious he considered everybody else outside of Ororo, Roma, and Forge as nothing.

Anyway, I state again, while it was never fleshed out why Adversary feared Ororo, Coates has set this story up to show what Adversary may have seen in her power to make him afraid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm sure you probably explained your opinion before (and I missed it...sorry) but how is T'Challa being written as a chump?
    I want to know the answer to this, too. From the issues I've read, he's holding his own in the stories...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    When did they first show BP & Storm together? I remember there being a flashback when they were both kids and that it was an older Uncanny issue. I want to say Claremont...because when they did the whole marriage thing around CW I remember thinking "ok..yea...they established that long ago"
    It was a Marvel Team-up from 1980 and written by Chris Claremont... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...pScHMMcm4XDvbU
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Still, Doomwar contradicts this. Bast was the finally lock to protect the vibranium from anyone who wish to steal it. She let Doom through despite his horrendous past and current treatment of T'Challa and Storm because she saw his intent was pure, despite the cost to Wakanda. She was more a universal force than protector of Wakanda.

Even in this example, she devours Shadow King because he touch T'Challa, not because he wronged Wakanda.

This phrasing concerns me greatly. When they both have time? The time frame is so loose! I wish there was a concrete date to which they were working!
    You bring up some very valid points about Bast and her brand of protection. And I, too, am a little turned off by the shaky timeline of her potential solo. But I also see the need for storyline to reach a logical conclusion. A point from which Coates can tell a truly engaging story. And ones that Storm fans and Coates fans and fans of comicbooks in general will all get in line to read.
    The adversary never feared Storm and still doesn't. Forge thought he did but every time they fought he's shown he doesn't. Forge studied years to perfect that spell I am not sure how they beat the adversary.
    The Adversary is a villain pretty much a blank slate. His introductory story established that Forge was the one destined to defeat him. This story is that follows implies that Sefako aka the Adversary is hell bent on inserting himself in Storm serious relationships. He's much like Jean Grey in that way. Lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agreed. He can write Storm for as long as he likes but there’s no need for him to ruin the BP mythos more than he already has. I’m done with him constantly writing T’Challa as a damn chump.
    As of issue #171 I don't see how anyone can say he's being chump ed anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm sure you probably explained your opinion before (and I missed it...sorry) but how is T'Challa being written as a chump?
    He isnt. He showed up like never before last issue. That's the way he should have been written from jump. I saw the build up tho. Coates was building Wakanda and her many facets at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

He isnt. He showed up like never before last issue. That's the way he should have been written from jump. I saw the build up tho. Coates was building Wakanda and her many facets at the same time.
    More like digging a grave. Lol. Coates has been know to show glimmers of writing Tchalla well, but falls back into old habits usually by the following issue. Only time he writes Wakanda well is when he doesn't talk about it a all. lol

By contrast Evans has been able to write a BP comic that no one has complaints about. Just wish it could get better sales. Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    More like digging a grave. Lol. Coates has been know to show glimmers of writing Tchalla well, but falls back into old habits usually by the following issue. Only time he writes Wakanda well is when he doesn't talk about it a all. lol

By contrast Evans has been able to write a BP comic that no one has complaints about. Just wish it could get better sales. Lol.
    I really, really enjoy Rise of the Black Panther. Later issue with Doom and Shuri was very good. The glimmers we get of Killmonger and his inner demons is a nice addition. And next issue we get more Storm and T'Challa history building. I would very much like for this series to continue for adds long as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm and Adversary only fought once, so what you mean by "everytime they fought"? CC chose to highlight Forge that go around with Adversary, but next round may have been focused on Storm with Forge out of the picture had CC stayed on the title long enough to cycle back to an Adversary story. Besides, even Adversary himself stated that Ororo was a worthy foe while it was obvious he considered everybody else outside of Ororo, Roma, and Forge as nothing.

Anyway, I state again, while it was never fleshed out why Adversary feared Ororo, Coates has set this story up to show what Adversary may have seen in her power to make him afraid.
    Saying ones a worthy foe doesn't mean he ever feared her or that she was a that to him. The story shows she wasn't one. They have interacted twice. He ignored her the second time. Forge and the adversary have battled 3 times. The last time resulting in forge being possessed by him for months, before figuring it out and fixing it. Please, he also considered Roma and forge worthy foes. Storm wasn't the center of those stories.

The they in my previous post was about forge and the adversary not Storm and the adversary.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

Saying ones a worthy foe doesn't mean he ever feared her or that she was a that to him. The story shows she wasn't one. They have interacted twice. He ignored her the second time. Forge and the adversary have battled 3 times. The last time resulting in forge being possessed by him for months, before figuring it out and fixing it. Please, he also considered Roma and forge worthy foes. Storm wasn't the center of those stories.

The they in my previous post was about forge and the adversary not Storm and the adversary.
    Storm was only in one Adversary story. Also, saying that they interacted twice when both times were brief and happened between one or two consecutive issues isn't helping your case. The fact is, Adversary sent Storm along with Forge to that parallel Earth prison for a reason and Forge said it was because he feared the power and potential of BOTH of them. The fact that Adversary did not send anybody else there besides those two PLUS the fact that he regarded Ororo as a worthy foe only bolsters this. Again, that story was given to Forge to show why he was a threat, and now Coates has set this current BP story up to illustrate what it is in Ororo Adversary may have seen to consider her such a big threat.

Now, that we've got that settled with actual canon, outside of Adversary, other villains who are either a firm Storm-foe or a blank slate with connections to her include: Bogan, Candra (I'd give Candra the Phoenix Force and establish her as the Phoenix of the Black Crown so she can be a threat to Storm), Khan, and Dracula (he can boost his powers by feeding on the blood of powerful beings). Other foes who are well-established, but have ties to Ororo include Dr. Doom, Loki, Hela, and Belasco.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.

STORM FANS, you excited for X-Men Red???

BANNED

Storm was only in one Adversary story. Also, saying that they interacted twice when both times were brief and happened between one or two consecutive issues isn't helping your case. The fact is, Adversary sent Storm along with Forge to that parallel Earth prison for a reason and Forge said it was because he feared the power and potential of BOTH of them. The fact that Adversary did not send anybody else there besides those two PLUS the fact that he regarded Ororo as a worthy foe only bolsters this. Again, that story was given to Forge to show why he was a threat, and now Coates has set this current BP story up to illustrate what it is in Ororo Adversary may have seen to consider her such a big threat.

Now, that we've got that settled with actual canon, outside of Adversary, other villains who are either a firm Storm-foe or a blank slate with connections to her include: Bogan, Candra (I'd give Candra the Phoenix Force and establish her as the Phoenix of the Black Crown so she can be a threat to Storm), Khan, and Dracula (he can boost his powers by feeding on the blood of powerful beings). Other foes who are well-established, but have ties to Ororo include Dr. Doom, Loki, Hela, and Belasco.
    Storm was in two in a book you never read called uncanny xforce. Forge battled him 4 times, once in Vietnam when he killed his fellow entry men to stop him, again in Fall of mutants, again in x factor when haven gave birth to him, again in x force and uncanny x force. That's the canon you know nothing about because you didn't read those stories. Storm was ignored by him in the last story.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    When did they first show BP & Storm together? I remember there being a flashback when they were both kids and that it was an older Uncanny issue. I want to say Claremont...because when they did the whole marriage thing around CW I remember thinking "ok..yea...they established that long ago"
    Marvel Team up Issue 100. the dickey storyline wss retconned back to original encounter in the amazing xmen annual issue so ignore that trash in link I provided.

https://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an...-meet-exactly/

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Technically the Adversary is Forge’s own personal Villain because it ties to his own BackStory and origin. As for Storm she shares this Villain with Forge because he duped her and made a complete Fool out of her. She also shares other major Villains like the Shadow King. Storm doesn’t exactly have her OWN Villain. Other than Dracula. Your correct it was Forges spell and the sacrafice of the X-Men’s lives to trap Adversary. Unfortunately in that Story Storms powers were not useful at all. But next week who knows what could happen.
    wouldn't callisto be her own villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks for sharings. This sounds interesting and has some potential for great interaction between Storm and the DM. I am hoping Okoye, Nakia, Ayo and Aneka get a chance to continue to grow their presence in the MU and get more long term interaction with Storm.
    100% agreed. the dora are so badass so I would love to see more stories told from their perspective. and you're very welcome my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Boo, you know I'm only working with what the comics give me. It's just such a good time to be a Storm fan right now. It looks like multiple writers are coming around to actually wanting AND taking the necessary care it takes to write her. Coates is clearly a fan and a professional. And now we have glimmers of Tom Taylor taking up the charge over in X-men Red. I really am a happy comic book reader at this present time!
    yes it's been a LONG time coming. I'm so happy coates has ushered in a new era of respect for her. I couldn't imagine what her place would be right now if not for coates' talent relating to storm. but as you said it's a great time to be a storm fan... and the adversary battle is almost upon us!!

[
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Ok yes! I definitely agree that we are trying to say very similar things here, just coming at it from different perspectives. We both want T'challa to get his deserved respect and credit is his book, like Storm got in WAP. We both are fine and even hopeful that Ororo will be his literal "Deus ex Machina" aka the key to the power he needs to take down The Adversary just as Bast was Storm's "Ace in Hole" to her cunning defeat of the Shadow King. It was her masterful plan and Bast's Godly power that worked together symbiotically to take down the threat. Very good comparison btw!!! Absolutely on board for all of that and very hopeful that we will all get what we want. The only qualms I think some more hardcore BP fans would argue is that Storm is not to T'challa what Bast, the Panther Goddess herself, is to T'challa and all of Wakanda. Storm is rightfully and integrally connected to T'challa and Wakanda at this point, you will never find an argument from me there. I love her being a part of that legacy, which in my eyes only adds a global and nuanced level to her already outstanding reputation as one of the greatest and most legendary superheroes ever through her time with the X-men. But some would argue, and with some merit, that Bast was there from the beginning and she will be there till the end. She IS foundational to the entire BP mythos. I mean the name Black Panther alone says it all. Her, T'challa, and Wakanda will always have a bond that literally no one else in the BP mythos or the entire 616 can paramount. She is THE Panther Goddess, Guardian and Protector of Wakanda and it's people via her mortal figurehead here on Earth, T'challa. So I believe some people would say it's just apples and oranges. Ororo may be/be becoming a Goddess in the African Pantheon, something I very much hope for, but to compare Storm helping T'challa to defeat a threat to Wakanda to Bast helping him is a stretch in and of itself. Not so much a qualm for me tbh, but deeeeeefinitely something I can see hardcore BP fans mentioning at that comparison.

Speaking of stretches!!! Haha you are absolutely fair and correct to say that my comparison of Storm to Kitty was a stretch and in many ways inaccurate. I see that and honestly I cringe at the thought of putting them, as they are currently, in the same box. I will happily take the L there lmaooo! Basically what my OBSCENE exaggeration was trying to say, very simply, was that I want all characters to get their fair due in the end. I don't wan't all of these moving parts and characters that Coates has wonderfully weaved into these story arcs to be bluntly and disrespectfully pushed to the side to make way for the "Ororo Show" next issue. As much as that show would get all of my coins!! Lol we'll have our time for that in her upcoming solo, Goddess willing. But as you said, everyone seems to be taking part so far in the preview and that makes me happy and comforted that everyone will get their time for shine and we will have a fantastic conclusion to this story that Coates has so graciously crafted for all of us, BP World and Storm fans alike.
    thanks love. I must say I appreciate your ability to ensure both fanbases see their characters in the most flattering way. however, and bp fans would have something to say simply because storm is in the book. In pointing to storm and world apart i wasn't doing so to say they were the exact same but only to demonstrate there has been a storm centric where she didn't save the day. you originally made the point regarding my feelings if storm didn't save the day in her book and WAP was an example of this. Therefore, i dont see how that would be a stretch. Additional Tchalla has years and years of solo stories where he does in fact save the day. For any fan to be upset that a writer, in this instance, would allow for a god tier character to be by another character immensely more powerful than he is would be petty to me. Any fans that had issue in relation to that would be of no consequence to me. but let's see what next Wednesday brings. no could save the day and this conversation would be for nought.

lolol and no l's are being taken on your part. you simply are making a case for why bp should get some shine in his book which I understand. again, i just think in context to the overall gods/goddesses arc it wouldn't make sense for bp to be the one to defeat adversary.

Fair enough! We actually don't disagree on everything here either in reality. I fully acknowledge and agree that all of those aspects to his story so far are undeniably pointing in the direction of something big and exciting happening regarding Ororo and the power of divinity. I just want all of the loose ends and references to be summed up succinctly with a definitive explanation of what has been happening to her in these instances and what it means for her, power and character-wise, going forward. I want something more than just a bubble quote statement when it comes to Ororo's solidification as a Goddess of the African Pantheon, something which has been referenced and subtly hinted at over the decades since her very inception! That's all and hopefully come next issue we will get some meat on those Goddess story bones and I will happily be a passenger on the Goddess Express.

I know something different happened when Ororo tried the second time to disperse the inter-dimensional storm plaguing Wakanda, and I realize that all of the other mystics who tried to help previously via their ancient and practiced traditions of praying to the Orishas failed. I just saw that as part of the mystery, which will hopefully be solved next issue, of what happened to the Gods/Orishas of Wakanda? Where did they go? That, as well, has been a major part of this storyline not to be ignored, and as of yet we don't know whether Ororo's "glimpses of divinity" are directly correlated to their disappearance or whether her ascension is something that is entirely and separately happening within herself due to her own natural progression. So, you see, I think we may very well end up on the same page come next issue. Right now, with all of these tidbits still left unexplained and the story not yet fully fleshed out, I prefer to wait for a more solid explanation and exposition in regards to what has been going on with the Orishas, the Originators, and Ororo Divinity. And how that all ties back into The Adversary's return! It sounds like a lot to accomplish in one issue so I have my worries, but if anyone can bring this all together in an eloquent and succinct way, it's Coates. He has my faith now.

So while we see things a bit differently in regards to the the true meaning of the things that have already transpired, I see that we are hoping for the same end. So I will respectfully and lovingly agree to disagree on those few things until we get this glorious issue in JUST 5 DAYS AHHHH!!! Then, if all goes as we hope and pray it does, I will joyfully be your co-conductor on this train
    I totally agree with your first paragraph here. I hope this is fully addressed on Wednesday.

Fair enough to your points made in the second paragraph. from the preview it opens with the narration acknowledging they still gavrbno idea what happened to the orishas, so I agree there are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied. I hope the next issue does this because it's the end of the arc. lololol.

and yes I'm all for waiting until Wednesday. almost here finally lolol. I really hope coates doesn't drop the ball and knocks it out the park.

The Nay-sayers are SHOOK out here right now. The rest of us can party it up!!!

lolololol heck yaaasss! goddess he praised !!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Still, Doomwar contradicts this. Bast was the finally lock to protect the vibranium from anyone who wish to steal it. She let Doom through despite his horrendous past and current treatment of T'Challa and Storm because she saw his intent was pure, despite the cost to Wakanda. She was more a universal force than protector of Wakanda.

Even in this example, she devours Shadow King because he touch T'Challa, not because he wronged Wakanda.

she says no one touches my children. that is plural. she wasn't just talking about tchalla but all the minds of wakanda sk attempted to corrupt.

and bast has fought and taken avatars for the very interest of wakanda:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-14-2018 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

This phrasing concerns me greatly. When they both have time? The time frame is so loose! I wish there was a concrete date to which they were working!
    Like I've been saying for a while, now: Plans can change. Expect a Storm-solo book when you start seeing it in the solicitations or when issue 1 hits the stands.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-14-2018 at 03:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    STORM FANS, you excited for X-Men Red???
    I'll give next issue a try, but only to see how Storm is treated in the book. If she's given her due, I'll buy it. When Storm isn't in the book, however, I won't be buying any other issues.

Like I've been saying for a while, now. Plans can change. Expect a Storm-solo book when you start seeing it in the solicitations or when issue 1 hits the stands.
    agreed that statement about when we both have time wasn't reassuring but jen confirmed it's still happening so I would just be patient.