• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    What are some of the ways that Storm could believably take The Adversary out? What are some story elements that Coates NEEDS to incorporate in order for this story to wrap in spectacular fashion?
    I think with this whole "goddess" aspect of her powers in play, it could feed into her elemental abilities, and boost them to be strong enough to take him out.

BANNED

So, when Kyle suggested that Cassandra Nova is "scared of her", do you think he meant Ororo?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KsiulOfomH...600/RCO004.jpg

I mean, Cassie Nova did come to the mansion for Storm and it looks like she likely ambushed Ororo in her sleep. Given that Nova is supposed to be in the Xavier-class power (she has no feats to compete with Xavier back this claim up, but being his psychic twin, she supposedly has power to rival his), it wouldn't make sense for her to be afraid of Jean, and she doesn't seem to be here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

So, given that she is trying to take Storm in her sleep, maybe what Kyle is saying is Cassie Nova is being cautious in approaching Storm given that canonically, Storm has the showings to prove she has what it takes to take Nova down. What do you guys think?

I mean, given how Nova usually takes on the X-Men, in the past, she just barged into the mansion and took people down. Here, however, she sneaks in invisible to everybody with Storm as her target.

BANNED

The kid was clearly referring to Storm. Cassandra was standing outside her room if I'm correct. I really liked that little nod too. Jean wasn't there. And Cassie walked right past Kitty's irrelevant ass. So who else was there for her to fear?

Figured it's been a while since i've shared. This is the team i was thinking for that question about an x-team on the board except i didn't put forge in the pic this time.

Attachment 64746
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssss!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'm ready for Storm to kick butt and take names!

Ahhhhh me too!! Practically LIT with excitement y'all haha. I just really, really, REALLY hope we aren't let down by how high are emotions and expectations are. I have every reason to believe we won't but... you know how it is to let yourself get excited about Storm related content for the last 10 years or so... lol. However I really hope that Coates proves my tiny, inner shred of self-preservational reservation mentality wrong! I even have off tomorrow so I'll be here to to praise and celebrate with y'all if it all goes GAWDLY.

I just don't know how my body will handle it if I get a #StormAscension in the same week as Beyoncé's this weekend at Beychella(the festival formerly known as Coachella). I just might just explode with the power to split the earth like a rotten tomato! Sienna Blaze ain't got nuthin on me, child... LOL

P.S- ( I know some of you guys aren't Bey stans and I fully support you but just let me have this one post before you go reading her for filth y'all, please I'm begging ya! XD )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Ahhhhh me too!! Practically LIT with excitement y'all haha. I just really, really, REALLY hope we aren't let down by how high are emotions and expectations are. I have every reason to believe we won't but... you know how it is to let yourself get excited about Storm related content for the last 10 years or so... lol. However I really hope that Coates proves my tiny, inner shred of self-preservational reservation mentality wrong! I even have off tomorrow so I'll be here to to praise and celebrate with y'all if it all goes GAWDLY.

I just don't know how my body will handle it if I get a #StormAscension in the same week as Beyoncé's this weekend at Beychella(the festival formerly known as Coachella). I just might just explode with the power to split the earth like a rotten tomato! Sienna Blaze ain't got nuthin on me, child... LOL

P.S- ( I know some of you guys aren't Bey stans and I fully support you but just let me have this one post before you go reading her for filth y'all, please I'm begging ya! XD )
    Bish, don't start with Me! Queen Yonce shut the **** down at Beychella!!! Ain't nobody fuckin wit the Queen! I'm still getting my life. That dance break "I be gettin to the money"....... I died.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Figured it's been a while since i've shared. This is the team i was thinking for that question about an x-team on the board except i didn't put forge in the pic this time.

Attachment 64746
    This is very nice. I like the team. I'd add Bishop and Rogue for some more muscle.

BANNED

The kid was clearly referring to Storm. Cassandra was standing outside her room if I'm correct. I really liked that little nod too. Jean wasn't there. And Cassie walked right past Kitty's irrelevant ass. So who else was there for her to fear?
    So, when Kyle suggested that Cassandra Nova is "scared of her", do you think he meant Ororo?

I mean, Cassie Nova did come to the mansion for Storm and it looks like she likely ambushed Ororo in her sleep. Given that Nova is supposed to be in the Xavier-class power (she has no feats to compete with Xavier back this claim up, but being his psychic twin, she supposedly has power to rival his), it wouldn't make sense for her to be afraid of Jean, and she doesn't seem to be here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

So, given that she is trying to take Storm in her sleep, maybe what Kyle is saying is Cassie Nova is being cautious in approaching Storm given that canonically, Storm has the showings to prove she has what it takes to take Nova down. What do you guys think?

I mean, given how Nova usually takes on the X-Men, in the past, she just barged into the mansion and took people down. Here, however, she sneaks in invisible to everybody with Storm as her target.
    We ALL know that Storm in the past has Caused Nova issues, not just her ALL TP and TK users in the past. Was the kid talking about Storm? Possibly, but we do know that the fact that she choose Storm(conveniently because Jean just so happens to be in Wakanda, a place Storm is VERY familiar with) Storm is problem, an obstacle that must be removed. No better choice, but to control that problem or obstacle. If Storm was conscious as i've explained in the other thread. Putting Storm down would be a major issue and problem because it's VERY hard for a TP user to put Storm down if she is aware. We've seen this happen MANY times.

Jean, may have a hard time reaching Storm because Storm's mind isn't being controlled Telepathically. She is being controlled by technological means. Just like how Jean couldn't shut down those two Civilians? because something else was in their brain the same with Storm. By all means Storm would trash this team.........none of them except Jean is of any threat.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-17-2018 at 09:49 AM.

The only reasons that I'm a bit on the fence in regards to who Kyle (who btw is clearly inferred to be a mutant with the future potential for MASSIVE psionic powers due to how surprised she was to see that her could sense her presence and her fears at such a young age and her statement as to what he could become... before she killed him...) is referring to are that A) it's a Jean Grey centric book, so I could definitely see them making the case for Cassandra to be afraid of her due to their past interactions in Morrison's run, Jean's former Phoenix history, and the storyline building up Cassandra to be Jean's first major villain in Red and B) there seems to be a purposeful literary disconnect between Kyle's statement of "you're afraid of her, aren't you", his death, and then Cassandra saying "Ah here we are, yes, you can be my first" which clearly is in reference to a sleeping Ororo. But that's just my interpretation of that scene. What do the rest of you guys think?!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Attachment 64746

Very nice!!! Put a Brusier on that team and I would say you have a well balanced mix going on here!

BANNED

The only reasons that I'm a bit on the fence in regards to who Kyle (who btw is clearly inferred to be a mutant with the future potential for MASSIVE psionic powers due to how surprised she was to see that her could sense her presence and her fears at such a young age and her statement as to what he could become... before she killed him...) is referring to are that A) it's a Jean Grey centric book, so I could definitely see them making the case for Cassandra to be afraid of her due to their past interactions in Morrison's run, Jean's former Phoenix history, and the storyline building up Cassandra to be Jean's first major villain in Red and B) there seems to be a purposeful literary disconnect between Kyle's statement of "you're afraid of her, aren't you", his death, and then Cassandra saying "Ah here we are, yes, you can be my first" which clearly is in reference to a sleeping Ororo. But that's just my interpretation of that scene. What do the rest of you guys think?!
    That could possibly it as well. Both Females have History with Nova she could be talking about any of them. But it could be Jean, because I find it so convenient that Wakanda is in the Mix. OF course your gonna use Storm. I don't know, but I don't think Jean will have success in freeing her friend anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    We ALL know that Storm in the past has Caused Nova issues, not just her ALL TP and TK users in the past. Was the kid talking about Storm? Possibly, but we do know that the fact that she choose Storm(conveniently because Jean just so happens to be in Wakanda, a place Storm is VERY familiar with) Storm is problem, an obstacle that must be removed. No better choice, but to control that problem or obstacle. If Storm was conscious as i've explained in the other thread. Putting Storm down would be a major issue and problem because it's VERY hard for a TP user to put Storm down if she is aware. We've seen this happen MANY times.

Jean, may have a hard time reaching Storm because Storm's mind isn't being controlled Telepathically. She is being controlled by technological means. Just like how Jean couldn't shut down those two Civilians? because something else was in their brain the same with Storm. By all means Storm would trash this team.........none of them except Jean is of any threat.
    Yes, Lawd! Cassie thought it through the best way to take out Jean. That way is through Storm. The best way to put Storm at odds with the X-men is put them in conflict with Wakanda. Hadari Yao, the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things ain't having it!

Bish, don't start with Me! Queen Yonce shut the **** down at Beychella!!! Ain't nobody fuckin wit the Queen! I'm still getting my life. That dance break "I be gettin to the money"....... I died.
    This is very nice. I like the team. I'd add Bishop and Rogue for some more muscle.

I'm sorry but can you actually get out of my head?! I'm starting to feel like you're Cassie Nova yourself with all of these eery similarities we got goin on here! Got me feeling real suspicious...

The "I be gettin to the money" dance break? Ripped. My. Soul. CLEAN from body like

Hands down my favorite part of that ENTIRELY FLAWLESS performance!

BANNED

I feel like the whole point of that scene was to show Caasie's intent of making Storm her first victim. It was pretty easy. It would not have been so easy if Storm was awake. In fact it would have been a whole different story. Cassie was afraid she'd wake up before she could complete her mission. Lol Storm was the mission. Who wouldn't be scared of sneaking up on a sleeping Storm? A crazy person, that's who.

BANNED

However, going by the scan below, it is clear that Nova doesn't consider Jean to be a real psi-threat without the PF, which Jean no longer has:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg