• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I'm sorry but can you actually get out of my head?! I'm starting to feel like you're Cassie Nova yourself with all of these eery similarities we got goin on here! Got me feeling real suspicious...

The "I be gettin to the money" dance break? Ripped. My. Soul. CLEAN from body like

Hands down my favorite part of that ENTIRELY FLAWLESS performance!
    BIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHHH, tell me about it! I lost my fuckin mind when the beat dropped and she started hittin them moves! My soul simply was not ready for that headlining act. But that set in particular? I got my whole entire ratchet life!!! The Queen was representingkk! I can't believe I've been watching this woman make her mark on the world when I was still chasing Mr. Softee down the block.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    This is very nice. I like the team. I'd add Bishop and Rogue for some more muscle.
    Thanks, maybe i'll redraw it at some point and add them along with putting forge back in. That actually would be a pretty good diplomatic team with them on it. Bishop for his future knowledge and absorption and Rogue for her strength. I would put her second in command thinking about it now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I feel like the whole point of that scene was to show Caasie's intent of making Storm her first victim. It was pretty easy. It would not have been so easy if Storm was awake. In fact it would have been a whole different story. Cassie was afraid she'd wake up before she could complete her mission. Lol Storm was the mission. Who wouldn't be scared of sneaking up on a sleeping Storm? A crazy person, that's who.
    Definitely agree this could be it as well!! I just figured that the person someone like Cassie Nova would be said to "fear" in a particularly Jean Grey centric book would be in reference to Jean in the grand scheme of things as relating to the storyline and it's focus on Jean herself. Just editorially speaking. Purely because like I said, it's a Jean book and Cassandra is technically her first main villain. Not to say at all thought that she shouldn't/ wouldn't be scared of Ororo herself for OBVIOUS reasons. I made the point in the Red #3 thread myself that I took this scene as a huge compliment because Cassie is about as big and and as a telepathic threat that there is in the 616 and if it we're any other X-man that she were trying to influence, Cassie could've waltzed on in there mid-day and done here business with ease. I think the only reason she was sneaking in at a late hour (probably waiting for when she sensed Ororo was sleeping) like a rat was because she knew trying to mess with a fully aware Ororo would be ... unwise to say the least. So I can see the argument made for both ways but I tend to lean towards her "fear" being built up to be Jean in the long run, solely because of the bias of it being a Jean book and Jean centric storyline. But we'll see I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    However, going by the scan below, it is clear that Nova doesn't consider Jean to be a real psi-threat without the PF, which Jean no longer has:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

Yes I see your point, but that could just be Cassie's insecurity speaking in regards to Jean. Trying to downplay her own fear to Jean. Fear that we only know because Kyle was strong enough of a psionic to sense and verbalize for us. Which I'm sure was displeasing to her lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks, maybe i'll redraw it at some point and add them along with putting forge back in. That actually would be a pretty good diplomatic team with them on it. Bishop for his future knowledge and absorption and Rogue for her strength. I would put her second in command thinking about it now.
    Lovely choice!

BANNED

Definitely agree this could be it as well!! I just figured that the person someone like Cassie Nova would be said to "fear" in a particularly Jean Grey centric book would be in reference to Jean in the grand scheme of things as relating to the storyline and it's focus on Jean herself. Just editorially speaking. Purely because like I said, it's a Jean book and Cassandra is technically her first main villain. Not to say at all thought that she shouldn't/ wouldn't be scared of Ororo herself for OBVIOUS reasons. I made the point in the Red #3 thread myself that I took this scene as a huge compliment because Cassie is about as big and and as a telepathic threat that there is in the 616 and if it we're any other X-man that she were trying to influence, Cassie could've waltzed on in there mid-day and done here business with ease. I think the only reason she was sneaking in at a late hour (probably waiting for when she sensed Ororo was sleeping) like a rat was because she knew trying to mess with a fully aware Ororo would be ... unwise to say the least. So I can see the argument made for both ways but I tend to lean towards her "fear" being built up to be Jean in the long run, solely because of the bias of it being a Jean book and Jean centric storyline. But we'll see I suppose!
    Yes! Very much yes going on with this post. This is exactly what I've been saying. Walking into the X-mansion, chemical weapon in hand, and the intent to attack Storm is a very bold plan. Anyone in their right mind would be scared of waking her in a moment like that. I'm of the mind to insist that she's absolutely terrified at the idea of waking Storm. She better be if she knows what's good for her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So, when Kyle suggested that Cassandra Nova is "scared of her", do you think he meant Ororo?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KsiulOfomH...600/RCO004.jpg

I mean, Cassie Nova did come to the mansion for Storm and it looks like she likely ambushed Ororo in her sleep. Given that Nova is supposed to be in the Xavier-class power (she has no feats to compete with Xavier back this claim up, but being his psychic twin, she supposedly has power to rival his), it wouldn't make sense for her to be afraid of Jean, and she doesn't seem to be here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

So, given that she is trying to take Storm in her sleep, maybe what Kyle is saying is Cassie Nova is being cautious in approaching Storm given that canonically, Storm has the showings to prove she has what it takes to take Nova down. What do you guys think?

I mean, given how Nova usually takes on the X-Men, in the past, she just barged into the mansion and took people down. Here, however, she sneaks in invisible to everybody with Storm as her target.
    I actually thought he was referring to Jean but I could be wrong.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yeah they both make sense tbh but I think the writer meant Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Agreed. I think both are valid and possible, but contextually and editorially I see Jean being the one referred to as “feared” here.

Agreed. I think both are valid and possible, but contextually and editorially I see Jean being the one referred to as “feared” here.
    The main reason i think Cassandra was talking about Storm is because where it took place. It was more like an unspoken thing between them like yeah your going to kill me because your scared of what will happen if i somehow wake up Storm. Obviously she wasn't fully aware of his powers but she knew he could see her. It just feels out of context for it to be Jean being that she was no where in the vicinity to do anything to Cassandra and as a wanted fugitive can't just bust into the x-mansion. couple that with the scan of Cassandra already telling Jean how she felt to her face it doesn't make sense for it to be JEan who she was referring to. I mean i guess it could be the case but why make the audience have to reach that far.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Thing is, how would she mean Jean, though? Would she mean Jean is in a position to thwart her plans with Jean having a team plus Wakanda and Atlantis backing her? It can't mean that she's afraid of Jean as a psi because that would be PIS so bad. I think Storm makes the most sense here.

Even at the end of issue 1, Nova doesn't seem scared at all after she tells Jean that she's no threat to her without the PF.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ct2UU2DG43...600/RCO030.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6U7BLYYS2m...600/RCO031.jpg

Though, she does seem annoyed by Jean's interference at the UN:

However, that's not fear. The fact is, why would Nova even make the effort to hide herself while entering the mansion if nobody there could pose a threat to her? I mean, Ororo is the only X-Man around right now that would give Nova some serious problems in a fight.

So, I think she sees Jean as an annoyance, but feared Storm when she went to try and get Ororo under her control, hence took a very sneaky route to reach Ororo and catch her off-guard while she was sleeping.

Well, anyway, that's what I'm getting out of it.

Thing is, how would she mean Jean, though? Would she mean Jean is in a position to thwart her plans with Jean having a team plus Wakanda and Atlantis backing her? It can't mean that she's afraid of Jean as a psi because that would be PIS so bad. I think Storm makes the most sense here.

Even at the end of issue 1, Nova doesn't seem scared at all after she tells Jean that she's no threat to her without the PF.

However, that's not fear. The fact is, why would Nova even make the effort to hide herself while entering the mansion if nobody there could pose a threat to her? I mean, Ororo is the only X-Man around right now that would give Nova some serious problems in a fight.

So, I think she sees Jean as an annoyance, but feared Storm when she went to try and get Ororo under her control, hence took a very sneaky route to reach Ororo and catch her off-guard while she was sleeping.

Not to mention Jean already knows Cassandra is up to something so the assumption i would think would be that Jean is already doing whatever she can to try to stop Cass. It just isn't objectively logical in my opinion for Cass to be talking about someone who literally can't do anything to or about her at the moment.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The main reason i think Cassandra was talking about Storm is because where it took place. It was more like an unspoken thing between them like yeah your going to kill me because your scared of what will happen if i somehow wake up Storm. Obviously she wasn't fully aware of his powers but she knew he could see her. It just feels out of context for it to be Jean being that she was no where in the vicinity to do anything to Cassandra and as a wanted fugitive can't just bust into the x-mansion. couple that with the scan of Cassandra already telling Jean how she felt to her face it doesn't make sense for it to be JEan who she was referring to. I mean i guess it could be the case but why make the audience have to reach that far.

Not to mention Jean already knows Cassandra is up to something so the assumption i would think would be that Jean is already doing whatever she can to try to stop Cass. It just isn't objectively logical in my opinion for Cass to be talking about someone who literally can't do anything to or about her at the moment.
    The both of you make very good points here. I think by default I assumed that with it being a Jean book and Cassandra being her first villain to face that they would automatically pit Jean as the biggest threat to Cassandra. Whether thats means Jean being a threat to her herself somehow or in some way being key to inhibiting the fruition of her inevitably sinister plans. I saw Kyle's statement as not exactly pertaining to the general location and logistics of their exact interaction, but as Kyle actually seeing through Cassandra's undoubtedly strong psi shields and making her transparent enough to him to the point that he saw what her greatest fear (to herself or her plan) was. That plus the fact that Jean technically has more of an intimate history with Cassandra in the past, I thought Jean would be the more likely candidate. But on a less meta level lol I can absolutely see both of your points of view. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see as the story unfolds!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The both of you make very good points here. I think by default I assumed that with it being a Jean book and Cassandra being her first villain to face that they would automatically pit Jean as the biggest threat to Cassandra. Whether thats means Jean being a threat to her herself somehow or in some way being key to inhibiting the fruition of her inevitably sinister plans. I saw Kyle's statement as not exactly pertaining to the general location and logistics of their exact interaction, but as Kyle actually seeing through Cassandra's undoubtedly strong psi shields and making her transparent enough to him to the point that he saw what her greatest fear (to herself or her plan) was. That plus the fact that Jean technically has more of an intimate history with Cassandra in the past, I thought Jean would be the more likely candidate. But on a less meta level lol I can absolutely see both of your points of view. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see as the story unfolds!
    I actually agree with all of this. we as readers didn't know even know Cassandra was looking to go to storms room. I think based upon Cassandra trying to do all she can to subvert jeans plans and this is her team book I'm pretty sure Kyle was referring to Jean. Storm is just a puppet in cassandra's eyes.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good points. Story wise it just makes more sense if it's Jean, it's good groundwork for their future interactions, it doesn't make sense that revealing someone who Cassandra fears is possibly someone who's not even going to be featured in this book. If this was Claremont I would be more conflicted but now adays when the incredibly powerful villain is shown to be afraid of someone, it's likely going to be the person who is actually fighting/dealing with them. As much as I wish it was Storm I wouldn't bet on it.

We can all agree she should be though lol.