• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

So...I'm a little afraid to ask because apparently this question created a bit of a "war" on the Fwoosh boards awhile back but it does have me wondering what real Storm fans think.
    There was a debate over the color of Storm's 90's Jim Lee costume. Some argued that it is actually black but due to the way things were inked back in the day, it came off silver while others argued that it was unequivocally silver and was never, ever intended to be black.

I always thought it was silver myself, I never saw it as having been black, but what do I know?

So I'm asking the experts, what color do you guys think her costume was?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    So...I'm a little afraid to ask because apparently this question created a bit of a "war" on the Fwoosh boards awhile back but it does have me wondering what real Storm fans think.
    There was a debate over the color of Storm's 90's Jim Lee costume. Some argued that it is actually black but due to the way things were inked back in the day, it came off silver while others argued that it was unequivocally silver and was never, ever intended to be black.

I always thought it was silver myself, I never saw it as having been black, but what do I know?

There are some renderings that make it unequivocally black, especially when you look at her previous Outback era costume(which was black), and her mohawk costume(also mostly reflective black leather). Now, the TAS version, which I saw first, was straight up white with some dramatic Jim Lee-esque black lines, but it wasn't reflective black(as the comic version was intended to be). So, honestly, if people see it as white, black, grey, silver, or anything in-between(including blue and purple), they can all be correct.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There are some renderings that make it unequivocally black, especially when you look at her previous Outback era costume(which was black), and her mohawk costume(also mostly reflective black leather). Now, the TAS version, which I saw first, was straight up white with some dramatic Jim Lee-esque black lines, but it wasn't reflective black(as the comic version was intended to be). So, honestly, if people see it as white, black, grey, silver, or anything in-between(including blue and purple), they can all be correct.

Man if people were confused about a dress being black and blue or white n gold...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

The Color of Storm's Costume spiked a War???? JESUS people need to chill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh Blah Blah blah Jean Grey and her needs. I wanna talk about Tomorrow. OK FOLKS PLACE YA BETS who can predict how tomorrow is gonna go? Winner gets $100. And the title of smarty pants.

Rules: State your name and under it write your prediction and explain why? Example:

Stormphoenix

Prediction: I believe Storm will realize that Adversary is too much for them and starts to lose hope. Then Storm remembered something or someone getting hurt that forces Storm to realize she is a God!! And taps into the Divine Energy and we see Storm turn into something we’ve all wanted and dispels Adversary back to his Dimension OR hurting him badly so that Zawavari traps him or send him back.

I think this because this is Storms first time using Divine Energy not to mention the story seems to be geared around Storm.
    I think your prediction is the most likely one. I have a feeling that Storm, Shuri, Zawavari and T'Challa come up with a plan to banish him completely. I'm thinking they'll use Storm as the main power circuit. But somehow due to Storm's lack of experience with divine power, his banishment isn't permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm cautious about tomorrow's BP issue. I think Adv will be defeated by the end of the issue since the very next issue begins a new story-line. While I want Storm to contribute to his defeat, I don't want her to steal the show. I want a combined effort with T'Challa leading the way. I'm somewhat let down because I would have liked for the Adv to appear in more issues.
    I agree. That's why I feel his banishment or removal from the board should be temporary. He's too much of a team buster to seal away. Maybe the events of her solo spin directly from this story? I'd like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hopefully he will use him in her solo
    He's exactly the type of villain that can up the stakes of her solo series considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That would be nice. I like that he is an all-powerful villain that has been seldom used. I think he would be a great foe for Storm in her solo.
    I agree. He has clear ties to Storm. All we need is for them to be fleshed out further.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    prediction: I think that they defeat Adversary at a cost because in an issue coming up T'challa loses his memory. Although, Adversary may not be the direct link to losing his memory maybe there is some repercussion.
    That would be really sweet. Maybe Storm's solo kicks off with her trying to track him down for revenge and so he doesn't have the chance to hurt anyone else? The possibilities are endless. Storm really needs an uber powerhouse of this magnitude in her rogues gallery!!! I'll be eternally grateful if Coates makes this a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm thinking since the secret weapon is storm she not only dispels him but she also locks him away. she will do it all under her power no assists needed.

I want a combined effort with their assets being handed to them until storm is unleashed and fully realized winning the battle for the heroes.
    I'd be over the moon if Storm lays the curbstomp on the Adversary all by her lonesome. But I also don't want BP to written down in his own book. Especially after Coates just delivered that smash hit last issue.
    he may be reason he loses his memory. but we will see.
    Even more reason for Storm to kick her solo off seeking revenge. Adversary and Cassie on her hit list.

BANNED

MR. COATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU HAVE HADARI YAO COME THRU AND SHAKE THE DAMN HEAVENS LIKE THAT! THIS MAN IS EXACTLY THE WRITER WE NEED AT THE HEAD OF HER CREATIVE TEAM. I will hold the rest of my excitement until everyone catches up on it. But I told y'all this man has been writing the types of stories I've personally always wanted to see between Storm & BP. I cannot wrap my head around what he's meant to Storm over the last year and a half. I'm really trying not to fanboy out right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lmao yes! Ignore this madness! If only he could have left Stormcaster out of this story. Like we all acknowledge, Storm didn't do a thing with it that she couldn't do without it. Essentially, Guggenheim and Coates' stories revolve around the very same plot points. They are playing with godly implications as they refer to Storm. Both of their stories hint at Storm's divine power upgrades, but storywise, Storm hasn't done anything on paper that she couldn't do without as I upgrade. The clear and defining differences are astounding tho. As we can all agree, Coates has been going out of his way to write her in character for MONTHS. Storm is the ultimate powerhouse is BP. She is the final show to drop. And her divine power comes from within. It's internal power that's been there from the beginning. On the other hand, Uncle Guggy has gone out of his way to write out of character this entire series until now. Her access to divine power is something that comes from an external source. And even with this power, she still isn't the street sweeper that she should be. She didn't even put the big bad down as she should have. Coates brings her in to put a stop to everyone. She is the uber powerhouse that no one messes with in BP.
    Y'all know I ain't one to gloat or toot my own horn... (roflmao) but I did say this a week or two ago. Just figured I'd repost it.

Attachment 64788

All i will say is I am WIGLESS.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Attachment 64788

All i will say is I am WIGLESS.
    You? I swear, it's like Coates has stolen my diary or had a crash course in BBeeryan. This man is do deep inside my head right now, it's scary. His time writing Storm has been one fanservice moment after another for me personally. I am flipping the **** out right now!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement. In Coates I STAN. This man has earned my undying love. The X-books are miles and miles behind his Storm portrayal. Ugh... I'm so annoyed he hasn't been given a team X-book to write. He needs one asap. A Storm led X-men team and her solo series.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

How does a king beat a god?????

With a bigger god......

Im out..... My whole life slayed!!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

How does a king beat a god?????

With a bigger god......

Im out..... My whole life slayed!!!!!!
    Lmfao oooouuuu.... you so shady. Queen Hadari just shut down her own Coachella stage. It's very nice of T'Challa to bring the Coachella festival to Shuri.

#WakandanRoyalty
    ##WakandaForever
    #DamisaSarki
    #BrightLady
    #HadariYao

MR. COATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU HAVE HADARI YAO COME THRU AND SHAKE THE DAMN HEAVENS LIKE THAT! THIS MAN IS EXACTLY THE WRITER WE NEED AT THE HEAD OF HER CREATIVE TEAM. I will hold the rest of my excitement until everyone catches up on it. But I told y'all this man has been writing the types of stories I've personally always wanted to see between Storm & BP. I cannot wrap my head around what he's meant to Storm over the last year and a half. I'm really trying not to fanboy out right now.
    You? I swear, it's like Coates has stolen my diary or had a crash course in BBeeryan. This man is do deep inside my head right now, it's scary. His time writing Storm has been one fanservice moment after another for me personally. I am flipping the **** out right now!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement. In Coates I STAN. This man has earned my undying love. The X-books are miles and miles behind his Storm portrayal. Ugh... I'm so annoyed he hasn't been given a team X-book to write. He needs one asap. A Storm led X-men team and her solo series.
    Lmfao oooouuuu.... you so shady. Queen Hadari just shut down her own Coachella stage. It's very nice of T'Challa to bring the Coachella festival to Shuri.

#WakandanRoyalty
    ##WakandaForever
    #DamisaSarki
    #BrightLady
    #HadariYao
    lolololol I love you so much. today and moving forward you deserve to be a fanboy. everything we said everyone who told us we were wrong was shut down today. I knew coates wouldn't let us down.

praise the hadari yao
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Dangit, I'm reading your posts and it's making me excited to see what happened.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Dangit, I'm reading your posts and it's making me excited to see what happened.
    in coates we trust