• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

Lmao I'm trying to resist the urge. I know quite a few posters that are gonna cry after we present the scans from BP #172.
    I know. WE NEED more of this power she just started this. We NEED to make sure she can access this power WITHOUT prayer, because people will argue Storm needs prayer. Regardless if we say she has had this power within her forever. WE must provide proof she can without prayer. That is the BEST way to shut up NAY SAYERS.

Also, we need more feats as well with this power before we go to battle boards LOL.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-18-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think she will be able to call upon it at will or rather i think that is the intent. The first time it happened the people who were praying were not glowing, this time they were. Also the way tchalla offered it to her was different, it was a gift from her ancestors she herself had to claim. I think it was intended to be like an ascension. JMO though.
    It's difficult, he said on his behalf "let the faith of all of Wakanda power you" as if he was transferring all of their faith through her with said speech. So I don't know, I would hope she doesn't need that faith other than for huge feats, hopefully Coates goes more into it in her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    It's difficult, he said on his behalf "let the faith of all of Wakanda power you" as if he was transferring all of their faith through her with said speech. So I don't know, I would hope she doesn't need that faith other than for huge feats, hopefully Coates goes more into it in her solo.
    I see your point, i interpreted it more as a left inheritance that was put in a security box or something and you have to be a certain age or need a key to open it. In that moment Tchalla used the people of Wakanda to open the safe deposit box that was locked with the requirement that enough people had to have faith and belief in her for her to gain access but she had the choice whether to close it back or accept the gift. She took it and from eyes reflecting stars to her rising in the sky was her acenscion, like Sailor Moon turning into Serenity for the first time. lol After all, what is a god without followers?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So what exactly are these goddess powers? What can she do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I know. WE NEED more of this power she just started this. We NEED to make sure she can access this power WITHOUT prayer, because people will argue Storm needs prayer. Regardless if we say she has had this power within her forever. WE must provide proof she can without prayer. That is the BEST way to shut up NAY SAYERS.

Also, we need more feats as well with this power before we go to battle boards LOL.
    I understand, boo. And I totally agree. I'm just so giddy that Storm dropped the hammer on the Adversary. It was glorious! The line about getting a bigger God was every thing to me! I wanna rub this issue is the faces of Storm's detractors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    So what exactly are these goddess powers? What can she do?
    On paper, much like I've been saying for weeks, with both Coates and Guggy, Storm still has yet to do anything with the addition of divine power that she couldn't have accomplished without it. Essentially still has still been presented as lightning lass. Her lightning in BP #172 and in X-Gold #25 has been epic. But it's depicted as lightning. The only difference between these two tales of Storm AND her godhood is that one story gives her access to godly power through an external source. Coates' story gives her access to divine power internally. It's her birthright. It's been given to her by way of her ancestors. Basically everything I said back on 4-4-18.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm guessing this power-up story is in Black Panther only. I'm still on Volume 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    On paper, much like I've been saying for weeks, with both Coates and Guggy, Storm still has yet to do anything with the addition of divine power that she couldn't have accomplished without it. Essentially still has still been presented as lightning lass. Her lightning in BP #172 and in X-Gold #25 has been epic. But it's depicted as lightning. The only difference between these two tales of Storm AND her godhood is that one story gives her access to godly power through an external source. Coates' story gives her access to divine power internally. It's her birthright. It's been given to her by way of her ancestors. Basically everything I said back on 4-4-18.
    Thanks for the info. I may not be a fan of this goddess thing, but I'll give it a chance if writers other than Coates are willing to not just forget about it in later stories.

They need to hurry up and let him write the Storm solo bc I can tell that's what he really wants to write.

If you think about it the fight was very reminiscent of X-Men 227.

Attachment 64805

It also show how much power was giving to her through prayer, as even with the added powers of the X-Men she couldn't move him.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Today Mark Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I see your point, i interpreted it more as a left inheritance that was put in a security box or something and you have to be a certain age or need a key to open it. In that moment Tchalla used the people of Wakanda to open the safe deposit box that was locked with the requirement that enough people had to have faith and belief in her for her to gain access but she had the choice whether to close it back or accept the gift. She took it and from eyes reflecting stars to her rising in the sky was her acenscion, like Sailor Moon turning into Serenity for the first time. lol After all, what is a god without followers?
    Yeah this makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Mark Brooks
    I love this.

Not a big fan of this particular costume but Mahmud Asrar really brings out the best in it in X-MEN:RED. #appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    They need to hurry up and let him write the Storm solo bc I can tell that's what he really wants to write.
    Indeed. I just want him to be away from the Black Panther franchise as soon as possible. Storm got a good showing today I’ll give him that. But unfortunately, he’s still not doing the Black Panther any favors as a character.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"