• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Ain't nothing to debunk. What he said was facts. Coates needs to go. Let him write Storm and leave BP to a writer that actually loves and respects the character.
    Not really what he said was not facts it was more opinion actually. I thought Coates did a great job in portraying T’Challa in this arc. I’m sorry if you didn’t like it, but I did. I thought his characterization of T’Challa was good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read the most recent BP issue and I really enjoyed it. Y'all were spot on. I was very excited to see Storm's new feat/development. I liked how she did get the winning strike, but it was thru T'Challa's plan. I love the way Coates writes Storm and T'Challa together. He really captures what makes their relationship special.
    Exactly, my love. This man makes them sing as a couple. And I've been asking for BP to talk Storm thru an uber powerful feat. He is a genius after all with deep understanding of physics and the types of things Storm should be able to do with her powers. I need more stories like this. It could be their running joke or cliche if you will.

Am I the only one who got the Barack and Michelle Obama feel from those last couple of pages?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Not really what he said was not facts it was more opinion actually. I thought Coates did a great job in portraying T’Challa in this arc. I’m sorry if you didn’t like it, but I did. I thought his characterization of T’Challa was good
    Nothing but truth in this reply.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-18-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Dude, from what I've seen he seems to be working on his cast...which has been pretty nonexistent since Priest's run.

Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike the book but I'll be reading it.
    You and me, both! I may have to make yet another trip to the comicshop later this evening to get myself an EXTRA copy of this issue seeing as how Coates outdid himself!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You and me, both! I may have to make yet another trip to the comicshop later this evening to get myself an EXTRA copy of this issue seeing as how Coates outdid himself!
    Drop one fan, pick two up... Even though, I was always a BP fan.

BANNED

I never hated BP, I just never liked him well enough to read his comic for him alone. I need Storm to be there to read an issue of BP.

BANNED

Did you get my PM? What about the galactic core feat? Her blanketing the planet with a solar wind? Her throwing solar wind attacks backed by the full power of a star? The Roguestorm arc establishing her as a being with near-infinite power? Anyway, respond to my PM rather than here if you want to respond, that is.

BANNED

I’ll just say this Rutog What you saw about Storm in the Battle Boards was because of ME.

-_- people couldn’t stand the fact that I was not making things up when I was debating for Storm. In fact I provided evidence in all my arguments. Ask Butterflykyss he saw. I had about 4 users attacking me with rude comments, but surprisingly I was the only one banned. LOL

Funny thing tho those users that were attacking me couldn’t counter my arguments. So they insulted me until the thread was locked. LOL

I Win.

Basically those users snitched on me and I got myself banned and Storm banned from battle Boards as well as limitations put in her.

Do I regret it? HAHAHAHAH No. So it’s EH whatevs
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-18-2018 at 04:11 PM.

BANNED

I’ll just say this Rutog What you saw about Storm in the Battle Boards was because of ME.

-_- people couldn’t stand the fact that I was not making things up when I was debating for Storm. In fact I provided evidence in all my arguments. Ask Butterflykyss he saw. I had about 4 users attacking me with rude comments, but surprisingly I was the only one banned. LOL

Funny thing tho those users that were attacking me couldn’t counter my arguments. So hey insulted me until the thread was locked. LOL

I Win.

They just snitched on me and I got banned. So EH whatever
    Is there a way to appeal to the mod on this? This ban *potentially* knocks out a lot of aspects of the character that was there from day one. One of the rules says that Storm's powers cannot be argued as having cosmic potency. Well, from the start, her powers were cosmic. Her first issue was Giant-Sized X-Men #1 with her second being Uncanny X-Men #94. By issue #99, she was already out in space throwing solar wind attacks back by the full power of a star. Then we have the Roguestorm arc (Uncanny X-Men 145-147) which established her as a being wielding near-infinite power beyond all comprehesion (which she keeps locked down by choice). Then we have the galactic core feat in Uncanny X-Men #165 (she summoned the full power of millions of stars and planets all at once). Then there is the time she blew up Stardust (a Herald of Galactus), defeated the Trion (the sum of all matter, life, and energy for an entire reality's past, present, and future). Not to mention the time she pulled gamma rays out of a gamma ray gun and fused them with the energies of the world to create a shield around the Earth which deflected a world-wrecking blast from the sun. Then there was that other time where she blanketed the planet for 4 hours with solar winds and exercised enough control over the cosmic forces so as nothing on the Earth was harmed. Then she also had the strength of will to contain the essence of Eternity (the sum of all matter and energy in the omniverse) in her being. This is important because her powers are limited by her will and body. Not only this, but canon going all the way back to the 80s stated plainly that Storm had "goddess-level" powers which was reaffirmed in the recent Black Panther story arc that just wrapped up today when she defeated Adversary, a "god" with tremendous cosmic power. All of this gets knocked out with that ban.

I just don't understand the ban on this. Are we allowed to discuss this with the mods? Anybody know how to go about doing that? If they are just going to stick with those conditions, then we have no choice but to abide by them, but I wonder if they realized all of this about the character when they made those restrictions?
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

Is there a way to appeal to the mod on this? This ban knocks out a lot of aspects of the character that was there from day one. One of the rules says that Storm's powers cannot be argued as having cosmic potency. Well, from the start, her powers were cosmic. Within just her first issues, she was out in space throwing solar wind attacks back by the full power of a star. Then we have the Roguestorm arc which establishes her as wielding of near-infinite power beyond all comprehesion (which she keeps locked down by choice). Then we have the galactic core feat (summoned the full power of millions of stars and planets all at once). Then there is the time she blew up Stardust, defeated the Trion (the sum of all matter, life, and energy for an entire reality's past, present, and future). Not to mention the time she pulled gamma rays out of a gamma ray gun and fused them with the energies of the world to deflect a world-wrecking blast from the sun. Then there was that other time where she blanketed the planet for 4 hours with solar winds and exercised enough control over the cosmic forces so as nothing on the Earth was harmed. Then she also had the strength of will to contain the essence of Eternity in her being. This is important because her powers are limited by her will and body.

I just don't understand the ban on this. Are we allowed to discuss this with the mods? Anybody know how to go about doing that?
    I would just leave it alone HONESTLY before something bad happens. Clearly you see that people in CBR don’t know a thing about characters they monitor over.

BANNED

I would just leave it alone HONESTLY before something bad happens. Clearly you see that people in CBR don’t know a thing about characters they monitor over.
    Okay. I won't seek to ask if the mods would be willing to change their mind on some of that stuff. If we debate there, we'll just have to abide by those restrictions. Anywho, back to Storm beating Adversary today!
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Okay. You're probably right If we debate there, we just have to abide by those restrictions. I'm not going to ask them to change their mind. Anywho, back to Storm beating Adversary today!
    Yup. Yup. Beating Adversary

BANNED

Well, as of the Black Panther story arc that just finished today (Black Panther #172), Storm is a bonafide "goddess" of Marvel!

Right. Trying to get that Good old boy mindset to change their minds is a waste of your time.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-18-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Well, as of the Black Panther story arc that just finished today (Black Panther #172), Storm is a bonafide "goddess" of Marvel!
    Here a question, should Storm join a pantheon or remain a solo god?