• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

@Chaos Reigns:

When Storm did this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TRcuPCflXQ...600/RCO023.jpg, they were not actively praying in her. Their simple faith was enough to strip away the obvious self-imposed limits she placed on her power which locked these resources down within her.

Again, I assert the self-imposed limit angle since she was still a "goddess" in BP #13 meaning she never went back to being less than that when she left her days of worship on the Serengeti to join the X-Men. Again, I submit that the faith the Wakandans put in her only served to strip away some of those self-imposed limits on her power.

...and we all know that Storm tends to hold a large chunk of her power back with self-restraint and self-imposed limits.

So, should she choose to, she can use these powers at will if she's willing to let go of her self restraint a little. This would explain why Adversary locked her and Forge away despite her being away from worshippers.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 06:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    @Chaos Reigns:

When Storm did this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TRcuPCflXQ...600/RCO023.jpg, they were not actively praying in her. Their simple faith was enough to strip away the obvious self-imposed limits she placed on her power which locked these resources down within her.

Again, I assert the self-imposed limit angle since she was still a "goddess" in BP #13 meaning she never went back to being less than that when she left her days of worship on the Serengeti to join the X-Men. Again, I submit that the faith the Wakandans put in her only served to strip away some of those self-imposed limits on her power.

...and we all know that Storm tends to hold a large chunk of her power back with self-restraint and self-imposed limits.
    The page makes it clear with T'challa himself narrating that their faith powered her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The page makes it clear with T'challa himself narrating that their faith powered her.
    Yes, but you have to take that into consideration with everything else established in the story to get it in proper context. She never stopped being a "goddess" even when she left the Serengeti plains to be an X-Man. She must have just locked away the power, and the faith of these people stripped away her self-imposed limits. This is why Adversary feared her back when he and Storm crossed swords in "Fall of the Mutants". They were not in Wakanda or the Serengeti Plains where she is worshipped in that storyarc. Heck, they weren't even on the continent, yet he feared her power and potential away from her worshippers. In other words, once she transcended, she never went back to what she was before (as T'challa acknowledges) and this is something she can access at will, but she locks it down. With their faith, these people brought to the surface what she locked away within her own being. Yes, it empowered her, but your explanation doesn't account for everything else established in the larger story arc...like her still being a "goddess" even back in BP 13.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 07:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Personally I would for Storm to get a new mini exploring her new godhood.
    I agree, and Ego, the Living Planet would be a great villain for her in such a mini.

BANNED

Yes, but you have to take that into context with everything else established in the story to get it in proper context. She never stopped being a "goddess" even when she left the Serengeti plains to be an X-Man. She must have just locked away the power, and the faith of these people stripped away her self-imposed limits. This is why Adversary feared her back when he and Storm crossed swords in "Fall of the Mutants". They were not in Wakanda or the Serengeti Plains where she is worshipped in that storyarc. Heck, they weren't even on the continent, yet he feared her power and potential away from her worshippers. In other words, once she transcended, she never went back to what she was before (as T'challa acknowledges) and this is something she can access at will, but she locks it down. With their faith, these people brought to the surface what she locked away within her own being. Yes, it empowered her, but your explanation doesn't account for everything else established in the larger story arc...like her still being a "goddess" even back in BP 13.
    No he didn't fear her he saw her as a joke.

BANNED

No he didn't fear her he saw her as a joke.
    Forge: "He respects our power and potential as much as he fears it..."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/nBpT479KK5q...qX-efj3X=s1600

T'challa: "The Adversary has buried her, an effort to induce her claustrophobia, no doubt. They've fought before. He knows she's the main threat."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A0t66VFndS...600/RCO010.jpg

...and then:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ASczr9g5DM...600/RCO020.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q6a7Szgkh4...600/RCO021.jpg

So, both T'challa and Forge were saying the same thing about Storm's power and she proved both of them right. Also, Adversary himself admitted in "Fall of the Mutants" that Storm was a worthy foe. So, he didn't see Ororo as a joke, hence he locked her AND Forge away. While Claremont did not explore Storm's power and potential being a threat to Adversary in that story while choosing instead to showcase Forge, Coates finished the Storm piece of that dangling plotline.

BANNED

To further the point about Storm always remaining a "goddess" once she transcended, look at what T'challa said here:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DA6bOLX20q...600/RCO023.jpg

BANNED

Forge: "He respects our power and potential as much as he fears it..."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/nBpT479KK5q...qX-efj3X=s1600

T'challa: "The Adversary has buried her, an effort to induce her claustrophobia, no doubt. They've fought before. He knows she's the main threat."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A0t66VFndS...600/RCO010.jpg

...and then:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ASczr9g5DM...600/RCO020.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q6a7Szgkh4...600/RCO021.jpg

So, both T'challa and Forge were saying the same thing about Storm's power and she proved both of them right. Also, Adversary himself admitted in "Fall of the Mutants" that Storm was a worthy foe. So, he didn't see Ororo as a joke, hence he locked her AND Forge away. While Claremont did not explore Storm's power and potential being a threat to Adversary in that story while choosing instead to showcase Forge, Coates finished the Storm piece of that dangling plotline.
    Forge spent a year controlled by the adversary, he's hardly a good example.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!!!!! BUTTEFLYKYSS IS IN THE MOTHERFREAKING HOUSE!!!!!

I have been waiting all day anxiously to tell everyone how so HAPPY I am this day is finally upon!

First let me do a QUICK SHOT OUT TO ALL THE HATERS!!!! YES... I'm talking to YOU.... and YOU... and DEFINITELY YOU!!!!!

You said we were crazy, misinterpreting, and that Coates would let us down but BABY..... AS OF 04/18/2018 all questions and concerns have been addressed. MS. MUNROE IS A GODDESS!!!!!!!!

THE ONE TRUE GODDESS OF THE XMEN AND IT'S 616 CANON!!!! I hope that pill isn't too hard for you to swallow.

Now that I got them out the way! FAM!!!!! Can the Church of HADARI YAO SAY AMEN!!!!!!! We made it, we are finally here and have seen our Queen that we always knew was a goddess finally be CONFIRMED TO BE ONE! She didn't need to be possessed by some fiery bird, she didn't need no Asgard hammers, she don't need no secondary mutations. NONE OF THAT. This power being a godhead was something passed down to her from her ANCESTORS!!!!!!

I was so impressed that Coates did what most of us had wanted in this issue. He allowed everyone to get their moment, allowed this all to be BP's ultimate plan, and in the end it was Storm's GOD BLAST that nearly eviscerated Adversary, even when Zawavari, Shuri, nor metal could defeat him. It was revealed Adversary was always and truly afraid of Storm because of HER POWER not Forge's. And let us not forget he made it clear these two, O'RORO and T'CHALLA, were in love and together. No Logan, No Thor, NO YUKIO, no Nakia, no Monica, no whoever you want to see either of these two with.... NOPE JUST T'CHORO!!!!!

So Storm FAM there is so much to be happy for!!! Now this great news which should all brings us together will certainly not be met with joy from some. Some people want Storm to only shoot lightning, some people want her to be lifted to being a goddess not by her own power given to her by her ancestors but by way of a white pantheon tool, and some will even argue that even after this Storm is not a Goddess. Well I am about to lay some simple truths out for you here so it is plain as day.
    So here are some myths that you will hear from people that are upset COATES has canonized Ororo godhood.

MYTH #1: All she did was shoot lightning at Adversary.

Wrong: What she actually did was project divine lightning or god blast at Adversary which nearly took him completely out. Keep in mind her power was ineffective against him (as the others were in this issue) way back in issue number 16. It wasn't until her divine power was unlocked that she was able to do away with Sefako aka Adversary storm and close the portal.

MYTH #2: It was Storm and the Mystics that took Adversary out.

Wrong: All the mystics did was open a gate to a different portal. Their power in itself was absolutely ineffective as demonstrated when Zawavari attempted to shackle Adversary and easily broke free.

MYTH #3: All Storm's power did was harm Adversary.

Wrong: Zawavari and Black panther harmed him with their attacks. T'challa acknowledged that no one could prevail against the demon but O'roro. Her power did way more than distress or harm it. It nearly destroyed him.

Myth #4: Storm is not a goddess and only the faith of the people can allow her to be one.

Wrong: This a two parter. One, T'challa explains through narration that her being a god is something that was passed down to her from her ancestors, a gift of godhead (faith) allows her to tap into the faith of others to make her more powerful:

Storm back in issue 13 explains that for god/goddesses the faith of the believers give them more power (and does not make them a god, this is something that has to be already there). It is this faith that allows them to elevate beyond regular humans.

Myth #5: Storm was always a goddess! This isn't anything to be celebrated!

Wrong: Find me a scan where it says Storm was an actual goddess and not a woman who was actually a mutant before Coates and I will take this back. People will point to her doing great feats such as Trion or RogueStorm but those were done with the understanding that she was nothing but a mutant.

Now these are some of the myths I have come across thus far but what is very clear and TRUE and DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE, is that STORM IS A GODDESS!!!!! This is a great day to be a Storm fan!!!!

Thank you Ta-Nehisi Coates for making this a reality.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Forge spent a year controlled by the adversary, he's hardly a good example.
    Forge is an expert when it comes to this guy. Also, what he said was repeated by T'challa. To boot, Adversary's actions of locking Storm away on that parallel Earth with Forge in "Fall of the Mutants" combined with him trying to use Storm's claustrophobia to keep her out of the fight in "Black Panther #172" shows he does indeed fear Storm's power and potential. Both T'challa's and Forge's claims are proven right by Ororo's actions today which showed why Adversary took extreme measures in both stories to try and remove Storm from the board. You cannot win this argument. We'll just have to agree to disagree at this point with the canon proving me right.

BANNED

Forge is an expert when it comes to this guy. Also, what he said was repeated by T'challa. To boot, Adversary's actions of locking Storm away on that parallel Earth with Forge in "Fall of the Mutants" combined with him trying to use Storm's claustrophobia to keep her out of the fight in "Black Panther #172" shows he does indeed fear Storm's power and potential. Both T'challa's and Forge's claims are proven right by Ororo's actions today which showed why Adversary took extreme measures in both stories to try and remove Storm from the board. You cannot win this argument. We'll just have to agree to disagree at this point with the canon proving me right.
    If he feared her that much he would have killed her, he has the power and opportunity.

BANNED

You can't desire chaos, Storm's power couldn't destroy him. Pretending that's true is a myth.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-18-2018 at 07:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!!!!! BUTTEFLYKYSS IS IN THE MOTHERFREAKING HOUSE!!!!!

I have been waiting all day anxiously so to tell everyone how so HAPPY I am this day is finally upon!

First let me do a QUICK SHOT OUT TO ALL THE HATERS!!!! YES... I'm talking to YOU.... and YOU... and DEFINITELY YOU!!!!!

You said we were crazy, misinterpreting, and that Coates would let us down but BABY..... AS OF 04/18/2018 all questions and concerns have been addressed. MS. MUNROE IS A GODDESS!!!!!!!!

THE ONE TRUE GODDESS OF THE XMEN AND IT'S 616 CANON!!!! I hope that pill isn't too hard for you to swallow.

Now that I got them out the way! FAM!!!!! Can the Church of HADARI YAO SAY AMEN!!!!!!! We made it, we are finally here and have seen our Queen that we always knew was a goddess finally be CONFIRMED TO BE ONE! She didn't need to be possessed by some fiery bird, she didn't need no Asgard hammers, she don't need no secondary mutations. NONE OF THAT. This power being a godhead was something passed from down to her from her ANCESTORS!!!!!!

I was so impressed that Coates did what most of us had wanted in this issue. He allowed everyone to get their moment, allowed this all to be BP's ultimate plan, and in the end it was Storm's GOD BLAST that nearly eviscerated Adversary, even when Zawavari, Shuri, nor metal could defeat him. It was revealed Adversary was always and truly afraid of Storm because of HER POWER not Forge's. And let us not forget he made it clear these two, O'RORO and T'CHALLA, were in love and together. No Logan, No Thor, NO YUKIO, no Nakia, no Monica, no whoever you want to see either of these two with.... NOPE JUST T'CHORO!!!!!

So Storm FAM there is so much to be happy for!!! Now this great news which should all brings us together will certainly not be met with joy from some. Some people want Storm to only shoot lightning, some people want her to be lifted to being a goddess not by her own power given to her by her ancestors but by way of a white pantheon tool, and some will even argue that even after this Storm is not a Goddess. Well I am about to lay some simple truths out for you here so it is plain as day.
    So here are some myths that you will hear from people that are upset COATES has canonized Ororo godhood.

MYTH #1: All she did was shoot lightning at Adversary.

Wrong: What she actually did was project divine lightning or god blast at Adversary which nearly took he completely out.

MYTH #2: It was the Storm and the Mystics that took Adversary out.

Wrong: All the mystics did was open a gate to a different portal. They power in itself was absolutely ineffective as demonstrated when Zawavari attempted to shackle Adversary and easily broke free.

MYTH #3: All Storm's power did was harm Adversary.

Wrong: Zawavari and Black panther harmed him with their attacks. T'challa acknowledged that no one could prevail against the demon but O'roro. Her power did way more than distress or harm it. It nearly destroyed him.

Myth #4: Storm is not a goddess and only the faith of the people can allow her to be one.

Wrong: This a two parter. One, T'challa explains through narration that her being a god is something that was passed down to her from her ancestors, a gift of godhead (faith) allows her to tap into the faith of others to make her more powerful:

Storm back in issue 13 explains that for god/goddesses the faith of the believers give them more power (and does not make them a god, this is something that has to be already there). It is this faith that allows them to elevate beyond regular humans.

Myth #5: Storm was always a goddess! This isn't anything to be celebrated!

Wrong: Find me a scan where it says Storm was an actual goddess and not a woman who was actually a mutant before Coates and I will take this back. People will point to her doing great feats such as Trion or RogueStorm but those were done with the understanding that she was nothing but a mutant.

Now these are some of the myths I have come across thus far but what is very clear and TRUE and DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE, is that STORM IS A GODDESS!!!!! This is a great day to be a Storm fan!!!!

Thank you Ta-Nehisi Coates for making this a reality.
    Great post!

I'm not going to say that she was always a "goddess", but that she transcended into a "goddess" on the Serengeti Plains where she was worshipped in her youth as was pretty much established in Black Panther #13. Since then, I submit she never returned to what she was prio to being a goddess, but merely locked it down within her. Hence, we get T'challa saying stuff like this in Black Panther #15: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DA6bOLX20q...600/RCO023.jpg
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.

BANNED

If he feared her that much he would have killed her, he has the power and opportunity.
    This is comics. Let's face it, Adversary had plenty of opportunities to kill Forge as well back in the 80s. There is a certain suspension of belief when it comes to reading this genre. Adversary clearly feared Storm as she had the potential to wield the power to beat him...and he knew that...and she did.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Great post!

I'm not going to say that she was always a "goddess", but that she transcended into a "goddess" on the Serengeti Plains where she was worshipped in her youth as was pretty much established in Bpacl Panther #13. Since then, I submit she never returned to what she was, but merely locked it down within her. Hence, we get T'challa saying stuff like this in Black Panther #15: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DA6bOLX20q...600/RCO023.jpg
    when i say she was always one... her bloodties to being one was always there. it was passed down to her from her ancestors.

and thank you. i have to debunk a lot of the fake news that will result from this issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!