• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Haha, I can see! I have to admit, all of his faith in Coates did indeed pay off. I was in full support of what Coates had been hinting at back in the other issues with the magic gate storms and I'm glad he followed up with such an explosive finish.

I posted my initial reaction to reading the issue on CV

I've been very busy, but I haven't stopped keeping tabs on Storm. I've been very excited to read this issue!

I love all of you in this thread. I wish all of the older folks could also make a return and post their reactions to the issue!

Well, to be fair, Storm should be able to open up the gates on her own. But she isn't a trained mystic, so them helping her in this instance doesn't really count against her power.
    Amazing post over at comicvine. I agree with every word. It's crazy that everyone fans and detractors of Coates can see the love and respect he puts into writing her character. He's earned so much goodwill in my book. How dare he put the X-Office to shame like this? He didn't come to play, he came to slay!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Haha, I can see! I have to admit, all of his faith in Coates did indeed pay off. I was in full support of what Coates had been hinting at back in the other issues with the magic gate storms and I'm glad he followed up with such an explosive finish.

I posted my initial reaction to reading the issue on CV

I've been very busy, but I haven't stopped keeping tabs on Storm. I've been very excited to read this issue!

I love all of you in this thread. I wish all of the older folks could also make a return and post their reactions to the issue!

Well, to be fair, Storm should be able to open up the gates on her own. But she isn't a trained mystic, so them helping her in this instance doesn't really count against her power.
    thank you boo!!!!

and i do as well. It is such an amazing time to be a storm fan! I really never thought i would see this in canon. Thank you too for taking time out of your busy schedule to post here!! We need more of the seasoned vets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Storm clearly battered and bruised his ass. She bamboozled him so bad that he no longer kept up the false form he presented to the team. Storm destroyed his facade and made the real him come to the surface. She had more than enough power to finish the job. T'Challa and the story itself tells us as much. The whole previous year's stories go onto hammer his point home.
    Hello!!!!! and no BB aint talk about stormcaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The mystics and Storm did stop the adversary, that's not a myth. She didn't open the portal or shut it behind her. Explain how that's a myth.

Two her power could never destroy him or come close to it.

Those are just two myths you are using for no reason.
    I will point to what the TWG said, and also what Coates himself said:

only you the Hadari Yao are powerful enough to stop him...

Amazing post over at comicvine. I agree with every word. It's crazy that everyone fans and detractors of Coates can see the love and respect he puts into writing her character. He's earned so much goodwill in my book. How dare he put the X-Office to shame like this? He didn't come to play, he came to slay!
    what... where at??? now i got to go see.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes, TWG!!! I'm so glad to share this moment with my fellow Storm fans! I've yet to see few regular face around these parts, but we've quite a bit a fresh faces. All in all its been a great day for Storm fans! This is truly an amazing day.

P.S. Kyss is firing TF off right now!!! Go, Kyss, go!
    thanks boo you are too.. please let the truth ring from the highest mountain top
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

How come CBR hasn’t made an article about this yet???

BANNED

Because CBR is complicit in the white washing of characters of color?

BANNED

Sure didn’t seem like that when StormCaster came.

I just finished Black Panther. I...didn't like it. i found it rather anticlimactic. And I don't like this version of goddess-hood for Storm either. She is similar to Gladiator, but instead of his confidence, it's replaced with faith of others in her. If people don't have faith in her she doesn't have that power?

I don't like it. Thor, Ares, Zeus, Odin, etc. are a gods whether people believe it or not. Storm's ascension to a goddess shouldn't be dependent of other's faith in her.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    How come CBR hasn’t made an article about this yet???
    I'm sure it will hit tomorrow. dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I just finished Black Panther. I...didn't like it. i found it rather anticlimactic. And I don't like this version of goddess-hood for Storm either. She is similar to Gladiator, but instead of his confidence, it's replaced with faith of others in her. If people don't have faith in her she doesn't have that power?

I don't like it. Thor, Ares, Zeus, Odin, etc. are a gods whether people believe it or not. Storm's ascension to a goddess shouldn't be dependent of other's faith in her.
    if people dont have faith in her she is not as powerful the power is still there.

BANNED

It does seem weird. Reading it over again that does bother a bit. I mean again if she is in a situation and needs his power....what she gonna wait till people pray to her? Lol if this power GodHood isn’t at will not sure I’m interested in this “wait I need prayers first”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if people dont have faith in her she is not as powerful the power is still there.

I understand it. I just don't like it.

It does seem weird. Reading it over again that does bother a bit. I mean again if she is in a situation and needs his power....what she gonna wait till people pray to her? Lol if this power GodHood isn’t at will not sure I’m interested in this “wait I need prayers first”
    faith is what is needed not prayer. everything has revolved around faith, the act of prayer is just a visual representation of said faith.

[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75182/6033129-attachment-3.jpg[img]

you have to keep in mind everything Coates has done up to this point. its purposefully been building upon what was already said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    faith is what is needed not prayer. everything has revolved around faith, the act of prayer is just a visual representation of said faith.

[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75182/6033129-attachment-3.jpg[img]

you have to keep in mind everything Coates has done up to this point. its purposefully been building upon what was already said.
    Yeah, that I don’t agree with. NOW that I read those scans and after re-reading what Storm did. No, I don’t think she needs the faith of others or prayers to ascend to Godhood.

BANNED

Same conclusions but I still enjoyed it. It was better than gold.

Yeah, that I don’t agree with. NOW that I read those scans and after re-reading what Storm did. No, I don’t think she needs the faith of others or prayers to ascend to Godhood.
    she doesn't her power her divinity was always there. it's just her being able to tap into she had not done. I think now that she has things will be different I expect to see as such in her solo whenever it happens.