• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she doesn't her power her divinity was always there. it's just her being able to tap into she had not done. I think now that she has things will be different I expect to see as such in her solo whenever it happens.
    If it was there then the mention of prayers shouldn’t be brought up. Because basically what we see is Wakanda praying to Storm and she goes God Mode. I will be satisfied Until I see her do that without prayers is all I’m saying.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just want to say and put this out here... people keep talking about what coates is doing being ignore and the default being Giggs but I don't see ANYONE here talking about how amazing she was shooting lightning with her hammer. all of what is happening in gold is a gimmick with no meaning no direction. that's why no one I can see is checking for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If it was there then the mention of prayers shouldn’t be brought up. Because basically what we see is Wakanda praying to Storm and she goes God Mode. I will be satisfied Until I see her do that without prayers is all I’m saying.
    what do people who particularly have faith in a god do? they pray to him it her. this is just a physical representation of the wakandans actively showing faith in her. everything hinges around the faith not prayer. and that is fine. I think almighty mentioned a similar thing occurs in DC. I would imagine however it works there would translate similarly for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I just want to say and put this out here... people keep talking about what coates is doing being ignore and the default being Giggs but I don't see ANYONE here talking about how amazing she was shooting lightning with her hammer. all of what is happening in gold is a gimmick with no meaning no direction. that's why no one I can see is checking for it.
    People ain't really checking for his Storm. If they are, they ain't really Storm fans. Guggy has spent a whole 24 issues driving home the fact that Storm is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    People ain't really checking for his Storm. If they are, they ain't really Storm fans. Guggy has spent a whole 24 issues driving home the fact that Storm is useless?
    exactly... say that word again and slowly for everyone to read..

USELESS..

and now that he gave her a hammer that is supposed to correct everything??? bye.. that b!tch shot a bolt of lightning at mesmero today with her hammer as stormcaster lolol. guess they needed a god to take him out too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I understand it. I just don't like it.
    what do you not like about it?

BANNED

Already explained, is there something about her explanation that wasn't clear?

BANNED

what do people who particularly have faith in a god do? they pray to him it her. this is just a physical representation of the wakandans actively showing faith in her. everything hinges around the faith not prayer. and that is fine. I think almighty mentioned a similar thing occurs in DC. I would imagine however it works there would translate similarly for her.
    Actually in this issue it hinged on the prayer. Them praying her accepting.

BANNED

Well, it's fine to you. But I don't agree with that, though DC is a bit different in their Gods.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-19-2018 at 04:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Why are you so dead set on offering up things that aren't there? Since when has faith and prayer been equal? I can see how someone would or could make that correlation. "Bow your head", I get it. But, really, in this story where the characters practically spell everything out for the reader, when they clearly say "faith", why do you in turn take that to mean prayer? I don't get it. See, first you started talking about Storm rejecting this power or not believing in herself enough to access it. That was a lie. Then you said BP had to give her a pep talk. That's not completely untrue, but you had to totally overlook that this arc is about her power, their bond, their love and her knack for dropping in and saving the day. It's weird because you leave out these things to press forward with your mistelling of the facts. And now, you're making claims that Storm needed prayer and NOT faith? You're just making up things as you go along. I'm hoping you stop that and start talking about the things that actually happened this issue.

Already explained, is there something about her explanation that wasn't clear?
    yeah actually it wasn't with the things that occurred in the story. that's why I asked.

what book have you been reading?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, it's fine to you. But I don't agree with that, though DC is a bit different in their Gods.
    how so?

https://screenrant.com/storm-new-tho...-marvel-comic/

ignore the trash about the hammer:

The*X-Men comic his isn’t the only one to spotlight Storm this week, with Black Panther #172 also exploring the aforementioned supernatural side of the wondrous Windrider. Recent issues have seen T’Challa speculate that Storm is more than just a mutant, and a goddess in her own rite. This issue states it plainly, as T’Challa calls Storm to realize her true nature in a stirring speech.

“I am the King of Wakanda. I am the nation incarnate. And on behalf of that nation, I say: let the faith of all of Wakanda power you. That faith is more than any mutation. It is a gift of godhead, passed down from your ancestors. Claim the gift.”

It’s a stunning twist, but the timing of it dovetails nicely with the hammer Storm will come to wield. She is more than a mutant, she is a goddess of Wakanda, and it is so very appropriate that a true ‘Goddess of*Actual*Thunder’ should carry a hammer.

It’s a good time to be a Storm fan, as the universe openly embraces the cosmic and supernatural themes that have long been an undercurrent.

I don't like that her accession to goddess-hood is dependent on people's faith her her. If they don't believe, she doesn't have access to that power. If she's a goddess, then be a goddess.

Also, I don't like that we have no idea what the goddess power means. Is it a higher powerset than Stormborn or Storm with Storm-caster? It it lower? Honestly, I've not seen her do any amazing feat with this power that regular Storm couldn't do.

Lastly, I don't like that this happened in a book where Storm is a guest character. The book is getting ready to pivot and not dive deeper into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I don't like that her accession to goddess-hood is dependent on people's faith her her. If they don't believe, she doesn't have access to that power. If she's a goddess, then be a goddess. Honestly, I've not seen her do any amazing feat with this power that regular Storm couldn't do.

Also, I don't like that we have no idea what the goddess power means. Is it a higher powerset than Stormborn or Storm with Storm-caster? It it lower? Unfortunately, this happened in a book where Storm is a guest character and the book is getting ready to pivot and not dive deeper into this.
    that's the part I think you are missing. this power being a godhead was something that was passed down to her from her ancestors. she is a goddess it's her birthright. peoples faith just make her more strong. this was all explained in issue 13, how faith in deities work.

she beat adversary and was described as a bigger god than him. this is a great gauge to determine just how powerful she is. whatever he has been able to do her power as a goddess would exceed it.

https://screenrant.com/storm-new-tho...-marvel-comic/

ignore the trash about the hammer:

The*X-Men comic his isn’t the only one to spotlight Storm this week, with Black Panther #172 also exploring the aforementioned supernatural side of the wondrous Windrider. Recent issues have seen T’Challa speculate that Storm is more than just a mutant, and a goddess in her own rite. This issue states it plainly, as T’Challa calls Storm to realize her true nature in a stirring speech.

“I am the King of Wakanda. I am the nation incarnate. And on behalf of that nation, I say: let the faith of all of Wakanda power you. That faith is more than any mutation. It is a gift of godhead, passed down from your ancestors. Claim the gift.”

It’s a stunning twist, but the timing of it dovetails nicely with the hammer Storm will come to wield. She is more than a mutant, she is a goddess of Wakanda, and it is so very appropriate that a true ‘Goddess of*Actual*Thunder’ should carry a hammer.

It’s a good time to be a Storm fan, as the universe openly embraces the cosmic and supernatural themes that have long been an undercurrent.
    Why is the hammer bit trash? To me, it makes more sense than what happened in Black Panther.