• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Why is the hammer bit trash? To me, it makes more sense than what happened in Black Panther.
    because as you said if she is a goddess be a goddess. the hammer Grant's her godship how Giggs has write her. to the contrary cites write it to where her being a god comes from within her, she is a goddess in her own right.

and Guggs story makes no sense. the hammer was destroyed mysteriously popped back up because she was distressed? storm was distressed many of times before now and the hammer never appeared. and its nothing she has done with the hammer she couldn't do without it thus far. it's been a horribly and I'll thought story.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-19-2018 at 07:13 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's the part I think you are missing. this power being a godhead was something that was passed down to her from her ancestors. she is a goddess it's her birthright. peoples faith just make her more strong. this was all explained in issue 13, how faith in deities work.

she beat adversary and was described as a bigger god than him. this is a great gauge to determine just how powerful she is. whatever he has been able to do her power as a goddess would exceed it.
    You keep saying I don't get it. I do. I just don't like it. She's a goddess who needs others to be believe in her to power her.

She didn't beat the Adversary. She didn't even really fight the Adversary. She spent most of the time buried under rocks half catatonic. She did deliver the final blow to send him back, but that's not beating him.

because as you said if she is a goddess be a goddess. the hammer Grant's her godship how Giggs has write her. to the contrary cites write it to where her being a god comes from within her, she is a goddess in her own right.

and Guggs story makes no sense. the hammer was destroyed mysteriously popped back up because she was distressed? storm was distressed many of times before now and the hammer never appeared. and its nothing she has done with the hammer she couldn't do without it thus far. it's been a horribly and I'll thought story.
    Hammer or faith - it's still an external force that causes her accession. I don't like either one, but the hammer makes more sense to me.

My be a goddess statement means that I don't think she should need an external force to be a goddess.

You keep saying I don't get it. I do. I just don't like it. She's a goddess who needs others to be believe in her to power her.

She didn't beat the Adversary. She didn't even really fight the Adversary. She spent most of the time buried under rocks half catatonic. She did deliver the final blow to send him back, but that's not beating him.
    fair enough. her ascension did require peoples faith in her, but the power had to be in her for it to fully manifest. you dont like this that is fine but I don't quite understand how you like her being a god because of a hammer instead of it coming from her own power.

and she did beat him tchalla himsel stated only she had the power to beat him. that she was a bigger for than he . I know you dont like it but dont let you dislike cause you to make up stuff that didnt happen.

Hammer or faith - it's still an external force that causes her accession. I don't like either one, but the hammer makes more sense to me.

My be a goddess statement means that I don't think she should need an external force to be a goddess.
    and that's why I keep saying u aren't getting it. the hammer is external and with Coates her being a goddess is internal as it was passed down to her from her ancestors. faith only gives her more power . the more people who believe in her the more power she as a goddess will possess. those are two different things.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

https://screenrant.com/storm-new-tho...-marvel-comic/

ignore the trash about the hammer:

[/i]
    You can ignore the trash about the Hammer i'm not.

I Love the Hammer.

how so?
    DC Gods and Marvel Gods don't require the faith of others to be what they were born of.... Gods.

BANNED

I'm currently looking at page 19 of 26 in issue #172. Black Panther states out of his mouth "Faith is more than ANY mutation" (X-book shade and I'm here for it). "It is a gift of godhead passed down from your ancestors." I dunno how anyone could interpret her ancestors passing down their genetic code or her divine birthright as something external? Her mother's mother nor anyone else from her maternal line gave her Stormcaster. They gave her her genetic makeup. The gave her her blood. They gave her those blue eyes and white hair. They gave her the latent magical potential. It's really staggering the number of people that are going out of their way to ignore everything T'Challa is telling us. This issue, hell, the whole second season clearly paints BP as and insufferable know it all that uses information to manipulate people into doing what he wants. Why are people ignoring the words that come out of his mouth to insert there own meaning?

Remember in the black panther cartoon Storm was described as a "mutant goddess". Coates been pulling from multiple sources and I am HERE for it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You can ignore the trash about the Hammer i'm not.

I Love the Hammer.

DC Gods and Marvel Gods don't require the faith of others to be what they were born of.... Gods.

I'm not sure why you love it. she hasn't done anything with it she cant do without the hammer. and I'm not sure what DC gods do in regards to faith just quoting almighty. but their power seems to be contingent on faith.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm currently looking at page 19 of 26 in issue #172. Black Panther states out of his mouth "Faith is more than ANY mutation" (X-book shade and I'm here for it). "It is a gift of godhead passed down from your ancestors." I dunno how anyone could interpret her ancestors passing down their genetic code or her divine birthright as something external? Her mother's mother nor anyone else from her maternal line gave her Stormcaster. They gave her her genetic makeup. The gave her her blood. They gave her those blue eyes and white hair. They gave her the latent magical potential. It's really staggering the number of people that are going out of their way to ignore everything T'Challa is telling us. This issue, hell, the whole second season clearly paints BP as and insufferable know it all that uses information to manipulate people into doing what he wants. Why are people ignoring the words that come out of his mouth to insert there own meaning?
    this this this and this again.... no lies are detected nothing but truth. people are going out of their way to find flaws in a story that was perfectly told.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Remember in the black panther cartoon Storm was described as a "mutant goddess". Coates been pulling from multiple sources and I am HERE for it.
    me too hun!!!

BANNED

I wonder how long the gravy train of the Black Panther movie will last in the comics. Storm restarting her romance with Black Panther is trying to give an extra life to a dead sheep.

BANNED

[QUOTE=butterflykyss;3608072]
    I'm not sure why you love it.
    Because it's one of many huge part of her character development and history.

she hasn't done anything with it she cant do without the hammer.
    That's because she has no feats with the hammer yet lol. Also, if StormCaster is on par with Mjolnir and StorBreaker as it was stated to be then
    creating Portals and Flying in Space faster than light is something i'd like Storm to do.

but their power seems to be contingent on faith.
    Can you Name a few DC Gods and Marvel Gods that rely on Faith that makes them Gods? or helps them keep their Godhood?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-19-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Maybe it's just me and because i don't come here much but i'm starting to remember why i don't. It's always the storm fans, well some that seem to go out of their way to tear storm down. It's almost like Storm has her own russian bots.

At the ends of the day faith opened the door for Storm to receive her gift of godhood, to unlock the divine that was already always in her. It was said people all over the sarengeti still believed in and worshipped Storm and thats even when she wasn't in Africa at the time so Storm will always have people who have faith in her and technically if it was a faith issue all she needs is Tchalla as he represents the people but i don't think she needs it. But this is the last time i'm giving my opinion on it. I can't see any writer everytime they want to get out a heavy gun doing a prayer circle but some will reach to the moon to debunk what they don't want to be true.
    d.
    As for Stormcaster even in Gold it was stated it sensed the divinity within Storm so before she even touched the hammer it was stated she had some divine in her. It was her who said well i was worshipped as a goddess. And if that issue of Gold happened before the latest issue of BP it makes perfect sense she would say that as she didn't know she was really a goddess but Tchalla did.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I wonder how long the gravy train of the Black Panther movie will last in the comics. Storm restarting her romance with Black Panther is trying to give an extra life to a dead sheep.
    Because everything that came along with this reconnection has gone on to further tie her to other black folks. Not only did it tie her to other black folks, it also breathed new life into her standing within the MU. If you believe her ties to BP and everything that came along with it are really a dead sheep, then how do you explain Storm getting a solo out of the deal? Not only is she getting a solo (we have confirmation that it's still happening). We also got a stealth team book BP&C (but it's lowkey centered around Storm). And the most of epic points being, COATES SPENT A YEARS WORTH OF BP COMICS, WITH STORM AS NOTHING MORE THAN A SUPPORTING CAST MEMBER, BUT HE MANAGED TO TIE HER TO T'Challa, his people and his land, (ALL BLACK) BUT WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE THAT DON'T REALIZE THE NATURE OF WHAT HE'S DONE. What writer in history has gone onto do what Coates has done for Storm? I asked this question on Facebook, but I didn't get an acceptable or logical response, so here we go... Can you name any other year long story arcs (meaning a years worth of stories. Twelve out of twelve issues) that served the sole purpose of tying Storm to other people that look like her? Care to share? When I asked on Facebook I was given ONE storyline out of the multiples that's she's been in since her creation. I'm hoping you can better she'd light in this conundrum...

Can you Name a few DC Gods and Marvel Gods that rely on Faith that makes them Gods? or helps them keep their Godhood?
    While it didnt make them gods...DC gods do use the power of Faith to impower them.

As opposed to ancient times, the role of various gods were shown to have altered somewhat according to modern practices and beliefs. Because of this, the actual faith-based power Ares's father Zeus received proved to be very much diminished. On the other hand, other gods such as Athena, Aphrodite, and Ares began to gain more power due to the appearance of the computer age, love never diminishing, and conflict remaining consistent. Thus the three godly siblings eventually took over Olympus as the godly home's new masters.
    Trying to figure out which pic of Storm calling herself a goddess I like more.

Attachment 64849

or

Attachment 64850
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Maybe it's just me and because i don't come here much but i'm starting to remember why i don't. It's always the storm fans, well some that seem to go out of their way to tear storm down. It's almost like Storm has her own russian bots.

At the ends of the day faith opened the door for Storm to receive her gift of godhood, to unlock the divine that was already always in her. It was said people all over the sarengeti still believed in and worshipped Storm and thats even when she wasn't in Africa at the time so Storm will always have people who have faith in her and technically if it was a faith issue all she needs is Tchalla as he represents the people but i don't think she needs it. But this is the last time i'm giving my opinion on it. I can't see any writer everytime they want to get out a heavy gun doing a prayer circle but some will reach to the moon to debunk what they don't want to be true.
    d.
    As for Stormcaster even in Gold it was stated it sensed the divinity within Storm so before she even touched the hammer it was stated she had some divine in her. It was her who said well i was worshipped as a goddess. And if that issue of Gold happened before the latest issue of BP it makes perfect sense she would say that as she didn't know she was really a goddess but Tchalla did.
    Oh, shit... there's so much truth in this post. Storm inspires faith wherever she goes. I think you need to come around more often.

BANNED

[QUOTE=LordAllMIghty;3608179]

While it didnt make them gods...DC gods do use the power of Faith to impower them.
    Like who though? The Greek Pantheon are the only ones that actually come to mind. The others don't.

I'm using Stormborn picture now.