10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Maybe it's just me and because i don't come here much but i'm starting to remember why i don't. It's always the storm fans, well some that seem to go out of their way to tear storm down. It's almost like Storm has her own russian bots.

At the ends of the day faith opened the door for Storm to receive her gift of godhood, to unlock the divine that was already always in her. It was said people all over the sarengeti still believed in and worshipped Storm and thats even when she wasn't in Africa at the time so Storm will always have people who have faith in her and technically if it was a faith issue all she needs is Tchalla as he represents the people but i don't think she needs it. But this is the last time i'm giving my opinion on it. I can't see any writer everytime they want to get out a heavy gun doing a prayer circle but some will reach to the moon to debunk what they don't want to be true.
    d.
    As for Stormcaster even in Gold it was stated it sensed the divinity within Storm so before she even touched the hammer it was stated she had some divine in her. It was her who said well i was worshipped as a goddess. And if that issue of Gold happened before the latest issue of BP it makes perfect sense she would say that as she didn't know she was really a goddess but Tchalla did.
    Tea!!! 10.char

[QUOTE=stormphoenix;3608195]
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Like who though? The Greek Pantheon are the only ones that actually come to mind. The others don't.

I'm using Stormborn picture now.
    I believe the shiar gods storyline also talked about faith as well and it's impact on gods. Aarons run on thor had a lot of nuggets about gods.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Oh, shit... there's so much truth in this post. Storm inspires faith wherever she goes. I think you need to come around more often.
    Thanks. The X-men have faith in her, other heroes, children who were born long after she left Africa still cry out for the hadori. Faith is the least of her worries. lol. Heck even when she uses her powers there have been many a time that the heros looked at her in stun and awe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Like who though? The Greek Pantheon are the only ones that actually come to mind. The others don't.

I'm using Stormborn picture now.
    The Greek gods are the ones I'm talking about.Athena, Aphrodite, and Ares*gain extra power...Ares even changed his title to God of Conflict.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-19-2018 at 10:09 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I believe the shiar gods storyline also talked about faith as well and it's impact on gods. Aarons run on thor had a lot of nuggets about gods.
    Yes, it did. Good story to she fought the Phoenix Force as well who was also worshiped as a God.

The Greek gods are the ones I'm talking about.Athena, Aphrodite, and Ares*gain extra power...Ares even changed his title to God of Conflict.
    Oh ok, THAT I can agree with you on in DC they do depend on Faith and Prayer. However, you can't say the same to the New Gods or the Old Gods in DC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Tea!!! 10.char
    I haven't had my Wawa brew today, but this will suffice! Lolol
    Thanks. The X-men have faith in her, other heroes, children who were born long after she left Africa still cry out for the hadori. Faith is the least of her worries. lol. Heck even when she uses her powers there have been many a time that the heros looked at her in stun and awe.
    Exactly this post. How many times has Storm turned heads, or made someone question if they were truly looking at a goddess? As you said, Storm inspires faith in her no matter where she goes. Every time someone looks at her and questions their spiritual beliefs, they are essentially imparting some of their faith onto her. At least that's my interpretation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I haven't had my Wawa brew today, but this will suffice! Lolol

Exactly this post. How many times has Storm turned heads, or made someone question if they were truly looking at a goddess? As you said, Storm inspires faith in her no matter where she goes. Every time someone looks at her and questions their spiritual beliefs, they are essentially imparting some of their faith onto her. At least that's my interpretation of it.
    The one thing this story does make me wonder though is how will Storm be introduced into the MCU. I can easily see her being introduced as a wakandian goddess or demi goddess on the rise but will it be a mutant who then claims godhood, or as simply a god. Of course i still want her to be a mutant but it does stand out that all the tribes that were in the movie were shown in the comic and coogler used some of Coates run to create his movie. Some of the visuals that is.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm seeing a whole lot of truth in this thread shot out to jwatson. I'm not sure why people are going out of their way to tear this down... but this I am not surprised of which is why I went on my mini rant yesterday. all in all it doesn't matter as storm as of 04/18/18 is a goddess confirmed!!! the only people that are trying to find issues where those who were wrong when we stated it was confirmed back in August last year.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm seeing a whole lot of truth in this thread shot out to jwatson. I'm not sure why people are going out of their way to tear this down... but this I am not surprised of which is why I went on my mini rant yesterday. all in all it doesn't matter as storm as of 04/18/18 is a goddess confirmed!!! the only people that are trying to find issues where those who were wrong when we stated it was confirmed back in August last year.
    Makes you feel for the writers. The ones who really care. You can bring her into another characters book, find a way to invest in her history, draw out the best that was laid out before you, put all the pieces together all the while getting rightful flack from some BP fans who one can't argue if roles were reversed and this was a Storm book and Tchalla was getting this much development they would be upset. And it's still not enough. They will still try to debunk, still reach further than Mr. Fantastic to say the writer didn't do enough and those are the FANS. Yeesh.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Because it's one of many huge part of her character development and history.

That's because she has no feats with the hammer yet lol. Also, if StormCaster is on par with Mjolnir and StorBreaker as it was stated to be then
    creating Portals and Flying in Space faster than light is something i'd like Storm to do.

Can you Name a few DC Gods and Marvel Gods that rely on Faith that makes them Gods? or helps them keep their Godhood?
    The thing is I'd like Storm to pull those feats WITHOUT the hammer. It fits her powerset to do so. Giving her the hammer would only serve to have writers not develop her own innate abilities.

That said, I can understand the concern about the whole "faith" thing with Ororo. Storm has always had the potential to transcend humanity and evolve into an actual "goddess" without the whole "faith" aspect. Some Storm fans are fearing that potential is diminished because they believe it is hinged on faith now. Personally, I feel this should be a power she can access at any time at the drop of a dime, but she chooses to lock away these "goddess" powers with self-imposed limits. That's the only way it would work with the established canon in how Adversary feared her in "Fall of the Mutants" eventhough she was in the US and thus far away from her believers in Africa. He saw the power she locked away and feared she may decide to strip away her self-imposed limits and tap into it. I don't think she ever stopped being a "goddess" since her Serengeti days (as was established in this story), but she merely chose to put it in a box. Of course, this all needs to be fleshed out. If when it gets fleshed out it is shown that her power can be diminished if people lose faith in her, then it would be a weakening of the character since she was intended to have the power to transcend her humanity and evolve into an actual "goddess" all by herself without any faith from others. That said, I have a feeling that once she hits a certain power level with this, it never goes away (though she can lock it down with self-imposed limits if she wants). Hence, if people stopped believing in Bast, I don't think she would become human again. I think Bast would remain a "goddess" at this point whether or not people keep their faith in her. The same should hold true for Ororo.

That said, the confusing part of this discussion is how people who fear that this faith thing weakens the character, but then cheer that blasted hammer. Stormcaster definitely weakens Storm. She can control the energy that composes empty space, so she should be able to open and close portals all on her own. Having her use that hammer to do it would simply diminish her innate potential. Heck, she closed the interdimenional portals in the Black Panther story arc that concluded just yesterday without a hammer using her innate powerset which was boosted by the faith in others. (Of course, we also have the Trion story where she sewed a reality back together when it was coming apart at its seams all on her own power.) Also, given that Storm is capable of energy-based flight, given the forces she commands and the ability to wield them on a cosmic scale, she should be able to achieve faster-than-light speed on her own, though its not something I would want to see her do all the time. The purpose of these hammers were to be a stand-in for when her powers were suppressed by Forge's technology, not as a means of boosting her own innate abilities (which is what Guggenheim is having her do). Her high end feats actually outdoes Mjolnir in terms of raw power without Stormcaster or the faith thing, so there is no reason to whatsoever to have her use a hammer to have her pull feats she would have already surpassed with her own natural powers in previous stories.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-19-2018 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yeah actually it wasn't with the things that occurred in the story. that's why I asked.

what book have you been reading?

how so?
    The same one you have. But let's just pretend that it didn't happen that way you can create what you want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    You keep saying I don't get it. I do. I just don't like it. She's a goddess who needs others to be believe in her to power her.

She didn't beat the Adversary. She didn't even really fight the Adversary. She spent most of the time buried under rocks half catatonic. She did deliver the final blow to send him back, but that's not beating him.
    That was my inititial take on it to. The fight is way too short. Plus I hated the peptalk getting Storm out of her fugue state. I can't stand Guggenheim writing but he did good by having her overcome her own damn issues and walk out of her cage.

[QUOTE=rutog98;3608347]
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

The thing is, I'd like Storm to pull those feats WITHOUT the hammer. It fits her powerset to do so. Giving her the hammer would only serve to have writers not develop her own innate abilities.

That said, I can understand the concern about the whole "faith" thing with Ororo. Storm has always had the potential to transcend humanity and evolve into an actual "goddess" without the whole "faith" aspect. Some Storm fans are fearing that potential is diminished because they believe it is hinged on faith now. Personally, I feel this should be a power she can access at any time at the drop of a dime, but she chooses to lock away these "goddess" powers with self-imposed limits. That's the only way it would work with the established canon in how Adversary feared her in "Fall of the Mutants" eventhough she was in the US and thus far away from her believers in Africa. He saw the power she locked away and feared she may decide to strip away her self-imposed limits and tap into it. I don't think she ever stopped being a "goddess" since her Serengeti days (as was established in this story), but she merely chose to put it in a box. Of course, this all needs to be fleshed out. If when it gets fleshed out it is shown that her power can be diminished if people lose faith in her, then it would be a weakening of the character since she was intended to have the power to transcend her humanity and evolve into an actual "goddess" all by herself without any faith from others. That said, I have a feeling that once she hits a certain power level with this, it never goes away (though she can lock it down with self-imposed limits if she wants). Hence, if people stopped believing in Bast, I don't think she would become human again. I think Bast would remain a "goddess" at this point whether or not people had faith in her. The same should hold true for Ororo.

That said, the confusing part of this discussion is how people who fear that this faith thing weakens the character, but then cheer that blasted hammer. Stormcaster definitely weakens Storm. She can control the energy that composes empty space, so she should be able to open and close portals all on her own. Having her use that hammer to do it would simply diminish her innate potential. Heck, she closed the interdimenional portals in the Black Panther story arc that concluded just yesterday without a hammer using her innate powerset which was boosted by the faith in others. (Of course, we also have the Trion story where she sewed a reality back together when it was coming apart at its seams all on her own power.) Also, given that Storm is capable of energy-based flight, given the forces she commands and the ability to wield them on a cosmic scale, she should be able to achieve faster-than-light speed on her own, though its not something I would want to see her do all the time. The purpose of these hammers were to be a stand-in for when her powers were suppressed by Forge's technology, not as a means of boosting her own innate abilities (which is what Guggenheim is having her do). Her high end feats actually outdoes Mjolnir in terms of raw power without Stormcaster or the faith thing, so there is no reason to whatsoever to have her use a hammer to have her pull feats she would have already surpassed with her own natural powers in previous stories.
    I'm seriously starting to wonder if Aaron will somehow use Storm in his upcoming Thor Fresh Start. Especially since we know Thor will be hunting down Asgardian artifacts with it being said many resemble Mjnoir. With Storm now being a goddess on her own and Thor's hunt for the hammer and Aaron also writing Tchalla in Avengers. It is all sort of lining up.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-marvel-fres...ron-del-mundo/ CBR article about Thor fresh Start.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    You keep saying I don't get it. I do. I just don't like it. She's a goddess who needs others to be believe in her to power her.

She didn't beat the Adversary. She didn't even really fight the Adversary. She spent most of the time buried under rocks half catatonic. She did deliver the final blow to send him back, but that's not beating him.
    She did beat him. The others didn't stand a chance at him whatsoever. He was taking it easy on everybody else and was about to get serious and wipe them all out until Storm showed up and beat him with one attack.

BANNED

[QUOTE=jwatson;3608377]
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

I'm seriously starting to wonder if Aaron will somehow use Storm in his upcoming Thor Fresh Start. Especially since we know Thor will be hunting down Asgardian artifacts with it being said many resemble Mjnoir. With Storm now being a goddess on her own and Thor's hunt for the hammer and Aaron also writing Tchalla in Avengers. It is all sort of lining up.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-marvel-fres...ron-del-mundo/ CBR article about Thor fresh Start.
    Oh my goodness! Aaron is a HORRIBLE Storm-writer. I hope he never writes her character again!